249 Park Ave. S.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lexpressnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122545858
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday: 6:00am -11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 6:00am -10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Overnight: 12:00am -6:00am
Brunch: Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 10:00am -5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from L'Express
L'express, aLyonnaise bouchon, merges the traditional southern and northern influences ofFrench cooking. Since its founding by the Romans, Lyon has long been the secondcity of France, and the bustle of this hub of culture and cuisine is reflectedin L'express's twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week schedule. The menucelebrates the meat and dairy products of the region, with daily Sausageselections, Charcuterie and Cheese plates, Pig's Feet, Sautéed Tripe, PikeDumplings, and plenty of beers and Beaujolais.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Express reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (19)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cod with Veggies is superblabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/26/2014New additions to menu and everything is delicious. Though i wish they would have never taken the Quiche Lorraine out of menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Escargot! Escargot!CathyDined on 8/25/2014The Escargot here is amazing and that's my top dish at this restaurant. Their mac n cheese appetizer is pretty good too. Other than that I've had the duck entree, the duck appetizers and it was good but nothing outstanding. The Escargot on the other hand is outstanding and I've definitely stopped by just for that. Delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal and servicelabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/19/2014I cant say anymore than i love this place. The food is fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable qualityNYDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food and service cannot faulted and they come at an affordable price. The menu is varied and there are daily specials for all three courses. There a wide wine list to fit all tastes and budgets.Special Features:
- Great food always freshlabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/14/2014Can't go wrong for lunch the food is delicious and the service is great. I'm lucky I'm right across the street from this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cod was amazing!labellasenoraVIPDined on 8/12/2014Come her at least twice a week and they never disappoint. Delicious food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiche Lorraine rules!labellasenoraVIPDined on 7/31/2014Cant go wrong the food is always delicious and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon is super Yummy!labellasenoraVIPDined on 7/28/2014Love coming here for lunch, it's so convenient and the food is always delicious and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as ever!labellasenoraVIPDined on 7/26/2014Tuna steak was scrumptious. Bought my husband here for first time and cant wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best salmon ever!labellasenoraVIPDined on 7/23/2014I come here often for lunch and food is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RicenbeansDined on 7/15/2014Excellent! I took my team there for breakfast. It is open all night. Food was delicious, service impeccable, and we had a nice time. The place makes you feel as though you have stepped from NYC directly to Paris.Special Features:
- always gooddddnycDined on 7/14/2014L'Espress carries a select few foreign beers such as De Konick and Chimay that you don't find in too many restaurants. It's a nice touch. Food is always either good or decent. Great also as a late, late-night goto spot.Special Features:
- always goodfoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014when a friend asked where can we go in the hood I found this old favorite. It is always good and the service is pretty good too.Special Features:
- the best fries ever!labellasenoraVIPDined on 7/2/2014This place never disappoints! Their sandwiches, salads and quiche are the best. I love coming here for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/19/2014Awesome place for the best sandwiches and fries in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/16/2014Absolutely delicious Salmon as always. I love this place, it's just across from my job and they always have excellent food and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouslabellasenoraVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a great place for Lunch, fast friendly service and even better food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/11/2014Chicken Milanese sandwich on their lunch special was delicious! Love their specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon to die for!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/9/2014Come here for lunch a few times a week and they never dissapoint. Lovely staff and even better food.Special Features:
- Love It!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/6/2014Keep coming back, they have great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/5/2014Had the Branzini and cooked to perfection! Love this place for lunch!Special Features:
- Good food 24 hours a dayBeachcomberVIPDined on 6/3/2014Very good unpretentious French bistro fare. Well priced and pleasant. Worth a return visit any time (open 24 hours).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!labellasenoraVIPDined on 6/2/2014I'm here at least twice a week. The service is fast and friendly and the food is even better. Had the Monk Fish today...Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SalmonlabellasenoraVIPDined on 5/21/2014This is a fantastic place for lunch. Salmon is always a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The deliciosness!labellasenoraVIPDined on 5/5/2014I love their salmon and usually stick to that, but had Cod steak with lemon butter risitto that was to die for. Hope they have it again vSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the L'Express reviews archive.
- nice and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014Great, casual spot near Union Square area that is affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwayslabellasenoraVIPDined on 5/1/2014Im luck i work just across the street and get to enjoy their fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!labellasenoraVIPDined on 4/29/2014Love the Salmon! It is my favorite and highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesdbarronessDined on 4/22/2014This place has been around a long time, and there's a reason why. Consistently good food at reasonable prices. The other restaurants in the area are a good deal more expensive. I also like the selection and the vibe. The decor is definitely French bistro, although it's a little loud. It's nice that the windows open, so it's almost al fresco.Special Features:
- Goor food for a reasonableNYDinerVIPDined on 4/6/2014The food was excellent and the service friendly and attentive. The decor is that of a French bistro and was pleasing. The ambiance was appealing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good spotkathDined on 4/3/2014Food good and reliable. Can get very noisy so better for lunch or late night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!BWishDined on 4/1/2014I went for lunch with a friend. Great food, nice selection on the menu and very nice, friendly service. Great little gem on Park Avenue. Feels like you're in Europe! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very good 24x7 with appropriate,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2014Very good 24x7 with appropriate, focused menu. The best of this breed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisey. Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2014Noisey. Good food and service. Nice menu. Would return.Special Features:
- Could be a lot bettertrieditoutVIPDined on 3/9/2014Went here a few years ago and like the look and feel of the place. Unfortunately, you should expect more for the prices they charge. The food and service was just okay. The place a lot of potential if they would aim a little higher.
- Best brunch everlabellasenoraVIPDined on 3/7/2014The Mac and Cheese is yummy! Keep coming back, everything on the menu is delicious!Special Features:
- Great place for LunchlabellasenoraVIPDined on 3/6/2014The food is delicious. Salmon cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Tasty Go-ToJDubs106VIPDined on 3/1/2014Open 24 hours, the food is tasty, the steak tartar was fresh and seasoned well, and the moule frites were filling and had a great sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good french bistroJohnVIPDined on 2/24/2014this is a good neighborhood spot. you'll see all types of people and attire. food is reliable, not outstanding, but fine. reasonable prices. only complaint is that the last time we were there they cranked up the music (cheesy disco) to thumping/can't hear your companion levels around 730 and were slow to respond to requests to turn it down.
- Great for late night. I wentLlonDined on 2/19/2014Great for late night. I went sober and realized how bad the food is. Our waitress was absolutely horrible. Typically I tip 18-20%, but I couldn't justify it in any way.