Lexington Square Cafe
510 Lexington Avenue
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lexington Square Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lexingtonsquarecafe.com/
- Phone: 9142443663
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerald Alcin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room on second floor with bathrooms & balcony. Seating for 60 guests comfortably. The dining room is warm with butternut squash walls & cozy banquets. The room can be arranged into many different ways as to accommodate your needs. The outside patio is a great place to hold a party, where your guests will be able enjoy a beautiful floral atmosphere. The chairs are wicker and the tables Italian Marble, giving the feel of tuscan cafe'. Special customized menu's are ready. It's never to early to book. The covered patio accommodates up to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is a popular location for bar/batmitvah's, and can seat up to 150 guests comfortably with a dance floor.
- Private Party Contact: Amy and Franca 9142443663
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: We are located just a mile from the Mount Kisco Train Station, where there is a taxi stand that is open 24/7. Who are 20 yards south of the Rt. 117 & Rt. 128 intersection where there is a transit stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own parking lot that holds 50 cars. When this fills up there is ample parking nextdoor at Rose's Cleaners, where there are additional spots for our customers.
A word from Lexington Square Cafe
Lexington Square Cafe invites guests into a vast space that combines cosmopolitan chic with a friendly atmosphere. Its distinct decor exudes elegance and warmth, so it accommodates the needs of its patrons, formal and informal. A spacious main dining room with a 17-foot high ceiling and different tiers provides guests with various dining niches. Cherry wood wine racks, alabaster lighting and a grand, sweeping staircase add to Lexington Square's sumptuousness. An upstairs, warm dining room with butternut squash walls and cozy booths is perfect for those who prefer a little more intimacy. Still another option during the warmth of spring, summer and fall is a private, flowery patio for casual al fresco dining. Chef Gerald Alcin has created a menu that has "SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE". The most popular items on his menu are Thai Lettuce Wraps, Grilled Lobster "Mojito", Chopped Salad(#1 Seller), King Salmon Club, Sesame Crusted Sea Scallops & 20oz. Brown Sugar Rubbed Shell Steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Lexington Square Cafe - Best Restaurants in Mount Kisco ›
Lexington Square Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (25)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (21)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (8)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Food - Not QuietardsleysDined on 9/27/2014Everything we had was excellent - salads, apps, steaks, dessert; went there for anniversary dinner and were a little surprised at how noisy it is due to open floor design; so not quite as romantic as we were hoping but a great dinner and experienceSpecial Features:
- pleasant eveningeggsDined on 9/27/2014Took 2 younger people from out of town. Could have chosen from many hot spots in town. This was a great choice. My Halibut with ginger glaze over baby bok choy was terrific. the others enjoyed fish tacos and verggie lasagne. Desserts were delicious too. glass of wine a bit overpriced but on par with other prices here. Our waitress was patient, knowledgeable and lovely. There was a wedding going on upstairs and we didnt even hear it except for the occasional laugh at a toast.The only thing I would suggest is much better lighting outside, especially on the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayslashelizVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food is always excellent, the service professional and friendly, and the atmosphere vibrant. It's a staple for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014As with most restaurants now a days, you don't get a heck of a lot for you money. The food was very good, however would have liked either a cheaper price or more food.Special Features:
- ServiceNettieDined on 9/21/2014The service was the best! Our waiter Jordan was awesome; so funny. Only problem I had was I want real butter not margarine! There are so many decadent things on the menu that a little couple pats of butter are not going to hurt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!FatKidLuvs2EatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Lexington is consistently exceptional across the board. Great food and great service from a wonderful staff!Special Features:
- Love this restaurant.maggsDined on 8/16/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always delicious. I hosted my daughter's wedding shower a few years ago in their upstairs area - worked out great. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Poor service so so foodIatehereDined on 8/16/2014The restuaraunt was empty. One of the waiters fell twice. The second time spilling water all over one member of our party. No manager or anyone came over to apologize. I was shocked. Finally a waiter sheepishly asked if the soaked member would like a drnk on the house. She declined. It was too little to late and we were mad. The food was ok, but not great. I've been here several times as a meeting point for friend who live in upper westchester. But we will NOT be coming back.
- Consistently good!arloDined on 8/2/2014Again, had a good experience - great service, excellent food - Tilapia and Sole were outstanding. Saturday in the summer it was definitely accessible.Special Features:
- The Good Vibes of Lex Sq. ContinueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time. Not our first visit, was unusually "uncrowded" but probably had more to do with time of year then food and staff, which/who was excellent as usual. Changed our reservation to sit at bar--had very relaxed, delicious night. Bartender was great, as was rest of staff. Personable and pro. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentLovelyDined on 7/31/2014Always a lovely dining experience at Lexington Square Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slowed towards the endGoodeatsDined on 7/28/2014I'm not sure if it's waitressing protocol but this is the fourth restaurant I've been to that service at the beginning of the meal is attentive and timely. However once the meal is over and table is cleared it takes forever from getting a dessert menu to getting the check. It as if our waiter or waitress go on break and completely disappear. I completely appreciate not being rushed but lately it seems extreme and not only at Lexington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was over-cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014The food is usually cooked to perfection but this time the fish was slightly over-cooked. I will not order that particular dish again.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The best thing about this place was the building and lobster salad. Our meals were bland and not worth the money. The wine was great, though. Save yourself some money and split some appetizers. The main courses leave something to be desired.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2014Mediocre food, not bad, not great, just meh. The unusual structure of the interior, despite a few adjustments over the years, still does not work well, nor does it moderate noise levels.
- nice looking place butlovetodineoutDined on 7/12/2014very pretty place with nice décor, my meal was mediocre at best. fries were undercooked & barely warm and the amount of filet mignon they put on the wrap wouldn't fill a 10 year old child with a small appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014Halibut was horribly overcooked. Very dry. $27 wasted. Wont' return to this restaurant.
- Always fantasticAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 7/9/2014I haven't been to Lexington Square. It has not diminished in quality and service. The cusine was truly delightful and the atmospher was devine. I will be backSpecial Features:
- Luv2lunchluv2lunchVIPDined on 7/5/2014SATURDAY LUNCH FOR 4 WAS VERY PLEASANT, QUIET AND EASY TO TALK. LOTS OF SELECTIONS ON THE MENU--BRUNCH BREAKFAST/ AND MAIN ENTRE TYPE CHOICES. SERVICES WAS PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT.Special Features:
- Always goodMaraVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant never disappoints. It's the total package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 6/28/2014haven't been here in a long time, but had a very good meal. food was good as was the service. restaurant was very empty, probably because it was the summer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Loved everything about this place - fabulous food - a good stiff drink - friendly atmosphere. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchGoldieDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Lexington Square many times but never for Sunday brunch. I was really pleased with the menu choices as well as the service. We sat outside and that was really nice My only issue was that our table was very small so with the drinks and food it was a bit crowded and uncomfortable to eat. We had to constantly move things around. Other than that, I would definitely go back again for brunch, lunch or dinner. The food is always delicious as the service very good.Special Features:
- Always a safe bet.GoodDined on 6/14/2014Food always good. Nice menu with good choice of beer on tap. Service this time ok but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchRed44Dined on 6/8/2014Great atmosphere for a party or just two people catching up which is what I was doing. My friend and I had a lot to talk about and I liked that the waiter didn't bother us except to refill our water even though we were long done with our meal. I would definitely come back! There were a few parties going on at the time we were there and everyone was having a great time. The breakfast burrito was delicious, I would like to come back and try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The LexSerafinaDined on 6/6/2014I always enjoy the Lex. The food is good, they have a great bar scene, and one cannot forget that they make those innovative designer cakes!Special Features:
- JanetJanyDined on 6/3/2014Shared the steak wrap and lobster blt salad. Both were great.Special Features:
- The following 473 reviews are from the Lexington Square Cafe reviews archive.
- Good for Brunch!EBBTNVIPDined on 6/1/2014Lexington Square is our go-to spot for lunch or brunch whenever we are in the area. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great food, unattentive bar staffLadyDiBellaDined on 5/14/2014PROS: Hostess/Food • CONS: Bar Staff/Prices This was my 2nd visit. I was promptly greeted by a friendly hostess and let her know I would wait for my party at the bar. At a completely empty bar, I sat unapproached while 3 staff members chatted at the end of the bar - none eager to ask if I would like a drink. I flagged the hostess down, asked if anyone was working the bar & she quickly served me herself. Shortly thereafter, the bartender seemed to arrive at his post and help the next guest who sat down. Our waitress was very attentive and the Braised Grouper was superb. Food prices were reasonable, but 1 glass of HOUSE chardonnay was $10 - way too pricey for this establishment/locale, in my opinion (considering my meal only came to $25)Special Features:
- Awful FoodBackfromgreeceVIPDined on 5/12/2014The food aaas terrible. The place had good overall reviews and is nice looking, but the food was terrible,
- very disappointing Mother's DayMeribonDined on 5/11/2014Went with my husband and daughter for Mother's Day brunch; it was awful. The French toast was more like plain toast with butter; the crusts were hard, more stale or reheated than burned, didn't seem to be dipped in anything, and was not hot. The berry "compote" that came with it was "goopy," was laden with thickener, although it did make the toast edible. My husband sent his back (I should have sent mine but I don't like doing that); in exchange he got a burger which he enjoyed, but the fries were soggy, cold, either were sitting around for awhile or reheated. My daughter got the breakfast burrito which she said was good but was barely warm. Even the mimosas were bad. Waitress was lovely; very noisy. Saw many people returning orders.
- Mother's DayNettieDined on 5/11/2014We went for brunch on Mothers Day and it was awesome! Service was great and the sound level was loud but rightly so because it was a great celebration with children and adults alike!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nightDeniseoDined on 5/2/2014good food, good service and a fun atmosphere. The server was able to inform us of gluten free options and was happy to accommodate our requests.Special Features:
- AMYCVIPDined on 4/26/2014Reliably good food in lovely atmosphere. We love the fish dishes, the friendly waitstaff and the delicious desserts!Special Features:
- Easter SundayJoJoMacDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I recently had Easter brunch here. The food was pretty good and the service was friendly and attentive even though they were busy. I would definitely go back for brunch or a casual meal and would reccomend it to others for the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerdiningduoDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed a lovely and delicious dinner with excellent service. The lunches and dinners are always consistently good and the food is displayed so elegantly.Special Features:
- We have been going to LexingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/10/2014We have been going to Lexington Cafe for years. We were away for 10 weeks and had dinner with family a few nights ago. Something has changed drastically and not for the better. It was quite poor.
- We like Lexington!otterDined on 4/4/2014Our Lexington experience was fabulous! For dinner, I ordered lamb, my husband ordered the skirt steak accompanied by chop salad with beets and goat cheese. Flavors and texture were spectacular and meat perfectly tender and juicy. Wait staff were pleasant and attentive - water glasses routinely refilled and used dishes discretely removed. The wine list offered commendable choices and met expectations! While the ambiance suggests romance, it does cater to families w/children. Pleasant experience altogether!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, not so great foodSnowQueen5Dined on 4/2/2014Perhaps it was just an "off" night for the cook but I have been dining at Lexington Square Cafe since it opened many years ago, and this was the first time that I had a truly taste-free meal. The black bean soup was bland, and the tuna tacos were also very bland, accompanied as they were by only a thick pink mayonaise that also had no taste. Sometimes restaurants think no one will notice when they cut back on their kitchen quality, but we do notice! Hopefully, our next try will be better. The staff is absolutely wonderful, so I would like to food to complement them.Special Features:
- Great Food/ Lousy ServiceDavidDined on 3/29/2014Very noisy restaurant with less than adequate service. The staff does seem to try but there must not be enough of them.