Lexington Square Cafe
510 Lexington Avenue
Mount Kisco, NY 10549Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lexington Square Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lexingtonsquarecafe.com/
- Phone: (914) 244-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerald Alcin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room on second floor with bathrooms & balcony. Seating for 60 guests comfortably. The dining room is warm with butternut squash walls & cozy banquets. The room can be arranged into many different ways as to accommodate your needs. The outside patio is a great place to hold a party, where your guests will be able enjoy a beautiful floral atmosphere. The chairs are wicker and the tables Italian Marble, giving the feel of tuscan cafe'. Special customized menu's are ready. It's never to early to book. The covered patio accommodates up to 50 guests. The entire restaurant is a popular location for bar/batmitvah's, and can seat up to 150 guests comfortably with a dance floor.
- Private Party Contact: Amy and Franca 9142443663
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: We are located just a mile from the Mount Kisco Train Station, where there is a taxi stand that is open 24/7. Who are 20 yards south of the Rt. 117 & Rt. 128 intersection where there is a transit stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own parking lot that holds 50 cars. When this fills up there is ample parking nextdoor at Rose's Cleaners, where there are additional spots for our customers.
A word from Lexington Square Cafe
Lexington Square Cafe invites guests into a vast space that combines cosmopolitan chic with a friendly atmosphere. Its distinct decor exudes elegance and warmth, so it accommodates the needs of its patrons, formal and informal. A spacious main dining room with a 17-foot high ceiling and different tiers provides guests with various dining niches. Cherry wood wine racks, alabaster lighting and a grand, sweeping staircase add to Lexington Square's sumptuousness. An upstairs, warm dining room with butternut squash walls and cozy booths is perfect for those who prefer a little more intimacy. Still another option during the warmth of spring, summer and fall is a private, flowery patio for casual al fresco dining. Chef Gerald Alcin has created a menu that has "SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE". The most popular items on his menu are Thai Lettuce Wraps, Grilled Lobster "Mojito", Chopped Salad(#1 Seller), King Salmon Club, Sesame Crusted Sea Scallops & 20oz. Brown Sugar Rubbed Shell Steak.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Lexington Square Cafe - Best Restaurants in Mount Kisco ›
Lexington Square Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (20)special occasion (17)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- As always, excellent foodlashelizVIPDined on 11/22/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants near us. The food is great, atmosphere is relaxed and warm, and it works for a nice dinner on the weekend, or for a casual weeknight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistant with good food!Bonbon62VIPDined on 11/18/2014Haven't been there in a while but it's always great to go back ! Food and service is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousajbatesonDined on 11/8/2014OMG get the beef brisket. It was so delicious! Our server was really good and personable as well.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood placehungrywestchesterDined on 11/7/2014The Lexington isn't going to surprise you and that's both a good and bad thing. It's a good, not great neighborhood place with fairly typical cafe food, a good bar and a nice setting. Our salad was really disappointing, the burger was above average and the Oysters were terrific.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I met friends of ours to celebrate our anniversary and my friends birthday this past Saturday. The food was amazing and the service was great. We did not feel rushed at all but we also didn't feel neglected. They definitely made our night out a celebration. The one down side to Lexington Square Cafe is the parking. Very little parking for a very popular restaurant.Special Features:
- Great burgerach12582Dined on 10/22/2014I ordered the Angus burger and fries because I didn't have much time for lunch. The burger was cooked perfectly and delievered quickly and hot. The fries were also perfect - hot and not over-fried. The only downside was that I arrived at about noon and stayed for about 30 minutes and lunch was very quiet - only 2 or 3 other tables. The Cafe is great, though - been there many times over the past 12+ years.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTheresaDined on 10/20/2014I have not been to Lexington Square in years and was not disappointed. Met some friends and the food and atmosphere was great. We all ate fish and had a choice to change from mash potatoes to other vegetables which is what we wanted. We were not rushed and had a great time.Special Features:
- Birthday Brunch with custom cakeaporcellDined on 10/19/2014Good local spot for small groups. We had an an intimate birthday brunch, with a custom decorated cake! The lobster rolls were very good but the lobster BLT salad did not impress. The crab cake eggs benedict was also good. Excellent Bloody Mary's.Special Features:
- Delicious!!!WeinDined on 10/18/2014I have been to the Lexington Square Cafe many times and the food is always good. Everyone in our party loved the dishes they ordered from Mahi Mahi with ginger miso to red snapper in a clam broth to the Filet Mignon. They always have interesting choices on the menu to satisfy everyone's taste. You can always get a table for a large party with very little notice and you never feel rushed.Special Features:
- Fun For Girls' Night OutMareDined on 10/16/2014Had dinner with a girlfriend on a Thursday evening. Surprisingly, although the parking lot was crowded the restaurant wasn't--there was a group dinner in the upstairs room. I enjoyed having lots of space and the jumbo lump crab cake dinner was excellent. I like a lot of crab in my crab cakes and I wasn't disappointed. I had two glasses of wine...the wine portions could be a little more....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Reliable Eaterybilleats2014Dined on 10/4/2014We love Lexington Square. One can usually get in! The food is excellent and varied. The welcome is gracious. The service is reliable. The noise level is better than most eateries in the Mt. Kisco area. It is a keeper and we go back often. It was a perfect place for a birthday dinner!Special Features:
- Great Food - Not QuietardsleysDined on 9/27/2014Everything we had was excellent - salads, apps, steaks, dessert; went there for anniversary dinner and were a little surprised at how noisy it is due to open floor design; so not quite as romantic as we were hoping but a great dinner and experienceSpecial Features:
- pleasant eveningeggsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took 2 younger people from out of town. Could have chosen from many hot spots in town. This was a great choice. My Halibut with ginger glaze over baby bok choy was terrific. the others enjoyed fish tacos and verggie lasagne. Desserts were delicious too. glass of wine a bit overpriced but on par with other prices here. Our waitress was patient, knowledgeable and lovely. There was a wedding going on upstairs and we didnt even hear it except for the occasional laugh at a toast.The only thing I would suggest is much better lighting outside, especially on the steps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayslashelizVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food is always excellent, the service professional and friendly, and the atmosphere vibrant. It's a staple for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/25/2014As with most restaurants now a days, you don't get a heck of a lot for you money. The food was very good, however would have liked either a cheaper price or more food.Special Features:
- ServiceNettieVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was the best! Our waiter Jordan was awesome; so funny. Only problem I had was I want real butter not margarine! There are so many decadent things on the menu that a little couple pats of butter are not going to hurt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!FatKidLuvs2EatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Lexington is consistently exceptional across the board. Great food and great service from a wonderful staff!Special Features:
- Love this restaurant.maggsDined on 8/16/2014I have been to this restaurant many times and the food is always delicious. I hosted my daughter's wedding shower a few years ago in their upstairs area - worked out great. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Poor service so so foodIatehereDined on 8/16/2014The restuaraunt was empty. One of the waiters fell twice. The second time spilling water all over one member of our party. No manager or anyone came over to apologize. I was shocked. Finally a waiter sheepishly asked if the soaked member would like a drnk on the house. She declined. It was too little to late and we were mad. The food was ok, but not great. I've been here several times as a meeting point for friend who live in upper westchester. But we will NOT be coming back.
- Consistently good!arloDined on 8/2/2014Again, had a good experience - great service, excellent food - Tilapia and Sole were outstanding. Saturday in the summer it was definitely accessible.Special Features:
- The Good Vibes of Lex Sq. ContinueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time. Not our first visit, was unusually "uncrowded" but probably had more to do with time of year then food and staff, which/who was excellent as usual. Changed our reservation to sit at bar--had very relaxed, delicious night. Bartender was great, as was rest of staff. Personable and pro. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistentLovelyDined on 7/31/2014Always a lovely dining experience at Lexington Square Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 490 reviews are from the Lexington Square Cafe reviews archive.
- Service slowed towards the endGoodeatsDined on 7/28/2014I'm not sure if it's waitressing protocol but this is the fourth restaurant I've been to that service at the beginning of the meal is attentive and timely. However once the meal is over and table is cleared it takes forever from getting a dessert menu to getting the check. It as if our waiter or waitress go on break and completely disappear. I completely appreciate not being rushed but lately it seems extreme and not only at Lexington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was over-cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food is usually cooked to perfection but this time the fish was slightly over-cooked. I will not order that particular dish again.Special Features:
- DisappointingMoJo1Dined on 7/18/2014The best thing about this place was the building and lobster salad. Our meals were bland and not worth the money. The wine was great, though. Save yourself some money and split some appetizers. The main courses leave something to be desired.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/15/2014Mediocre food, not bad, not great, just meh. The unusual structure of the interior, despite a few adjustments over the years, still does not work well, nor does it moderate noise levels.
- nice looking place butlovetodineoutDined on 7/12/2014very pretty place with nice décor, my meal was mediocre at best. fries were undercooked & barely warm and the amount of filet mignon they put on the wrap wouldn't fill a 10 year old child with a small appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014Halibut was horribly overcooked. Very dry. $27 wasted. Wont' return to this restaurant.
- Always fantasticAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 7/9/2014I haven't been to Lexington Square. It has not diminished in quality and service. The cusine was truly delightful and the atmospher was devine. I will be backSpecial Features:
- Luv2lunchluv2lunchVIPDined on 7/5/2014SATURDAY LUNCH FOR 4 WAS VERY PLEASANT, QUIET AND EASY TO TALK. LOTS OF SELECTIONS ON THE MENU--BRUNCH BREAKFAST/ AND MAIN ENTRE TYPE CHOICES. SERVICES WAS PROFESSIONAL AND EFFICIENT.Special Features:
- Always goodMaraVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant never disappoints. It's the total package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz123VIPDined on 6/28/2014haven't been here in a long time, but had a very good meal. food was good as was the service. restaurant was very empty, probably because it was the summer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Loved everything about this place - fabulous food - a good stiff drink - friendly atmosphere. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchGoldieDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Lexington Square many times but never for Sunday brunch. I was really pleased with the menu choices as well as the service. We sat outside and that was really nice My only issue was that our table was very small so with the drinks and food it was a bit crowded and uncomfortable to eat. We had to constantly move things around. Other than that, I would definitely go back again for brunch, lunch or dinner. The food is always delicious as the service very good.Special Features:
- Always a safe bet.GoodDined on 6/14/2014Food always good. Nice menu with good choice of beer on tap. Service this time ok but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchRed44Dined on 6/8/2014Great atmosphere for a party or just two people catching up which is what I was doing. My friend and I had a lot to talk about and I liked that the waiter didn't bother us except to refill our water even though we were long done with our meal. I would definitely come back! There were a few parties going on at the time we were there and everyone was having a great time. The breakfast burrito was delicious, I would like to come back and try some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The LexSerafinaDined on 6/6/2014I always enjoy the Lex. The food is good, they have a great bar scene, and one cannot forget that they make those innovative designer cakes!Special Features:
- JanetJanyDined on 6/3/2014Shared the steak wrap and lobster blt salad. Both were great.Special Features:
- Good for Brunch!EBBTNVIPDined on 6/1/2014Lexington Square is our go-to spot for lunch or brunch whenever we are in the area. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014This place has really gone downhill. The waiters are uninterested in their jobs. The bar tenders are more interested in checking out the local talent. The only reason to come here now is the cakes.