517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: 2123925976x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu by Executive Chef Chris Leahy features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (51)great for lunch (49)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (36)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (18)special occasion (12)late-night find (11)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Though the French toast was a little on the rare side, everything we ate was delicious! Would definitely return for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on a SaturdayKevinDined on 10/18/2014The food was good and our waiter Walter was patient with us, which was nice. We had half our party show up late it was a little tough for the wait staff. All around the brunch was good, the only thing i found a little confusing was the fact that on each receipt we had (we had the check separated into 4) it had the total tip amounts for the entire bill so we almost all ended up over tipping. I liked the place.Special Features:
- SOLID MIDTOWN BRUNCH CHOICErenman1984Dined on 10/18/2014Good mid-town location and they have high windows with good views of the local traffic and activity. Everything that we had for Saturday brunch was good (particularly the side dishes). Loved the "build your own" Bloody Mary menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spotJzeatsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent spot to grab a reasonable bite in the midtown east area. Good food decent prices. Salmon lunch was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014Food and ambiance was decent but nothing special. Service was good as was the drink selection.
- Great Food, Awful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014EMM Group typically does a great job with service, so i'm not sure what happened here. Our sunday brunch reservation was for 4, and we were seated promptly by a fantastic hostess. However, that is pretty much where they good service ends. While the food was great (highly recommend the Kale Salad!), and the drinks were well made, the service was un-acceptable. We did not have waters refilled once during our dine. Our waiter did not check-in to ask if we wanted additional drinks after our first round. Our typical brunch requests like Hollandaise sauce on the side was either completely ignored or forgotten. And one member of our group did not get his order because it was given to another table.Special Features:
- disappointedkrisDined on 10/12/2014Four of us went for brunch on a Sunday morning - menu looked incredible, and we were all excited for our meal. TERRIBLE service - one person took our food and drink order at the beginning of our meal and then disappeared... a different person brought out our food and then we had to hunt staff members down to get additional coffee and water for the table, which didn't come until we were leaving. We also had to beg someone to get our check. On the contrary - the food was outstanding. I highly recommend the gluten free pumpkin waffle It was just an overall awful experience and we definitely will NOT be going back.Special Features:
- NEighborhood FindKendyDined on 10/12/2014The Lexington Brass is a very good place--and stands on its own, despite being part of the Hyatt in the neighborhood. They were very patient and kind even when the final member of our group was 30 minutes late on a busy Sunday morning. I appreciated their understanding and we had a delicious and gracious meal.Special Features:
- Awful, Just AwfulMikeySquaredVIPDined on 10/10/20144 of us dined on a Friday night - I could safely say that everyone's food was terrible. Rack of lamb - overcooked. Mashed potatoes - stringy and over-whipped, Caesar salad - waterlogged shredded lettuce (ever heard of garlic?). Fried chicken - oversized, over-breaded nuggets. I had the scallops, and when it arrived, my son blurted out that they only brought me half my dinner. 4 scallops, no side, $32 dollars. Either of my sons could have *made* these dishes better (and have). Service was could-care-less at best. Didn't bother to ask us how things were until we were done. No, I don't want another glass of wine. Passed on desert too. This space that could be put to better use. Hang it up and give isomeone else a chance.
- Cute place w/not so appetizing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was great. The restaurant itself cute with a great crowd but the food was not good at all!! 5 of us ordered different appetizers and different entrees and we were all disappointed with the choices. The kale salad was tough and flavorless ( which I'm not sure how a kale salad can go wrong, but it did) the special of the day chicken with fall vegetables frittata that sounded so scrumptious was so terribly bland I barely are finished it nor did I request a doggy bag! I think this place is cute for afterwork drinks but I recommend eating somewhere else.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014Highly recommend this gem at 48 & Lex. Cleo is the manager on duty and she is excellent. She provides the restaurant amazing oversight to ensure guests receive an optimal experience. Drew, our waiter, was very professional and service was efficient, well done and with a fantastic attitude. Both Cleo and Drew are to be commended for a job well done and for setting a wonderful tone to accompany the amazing food served. Our brunch entries were amazing - Omelet was great and the eggs/bacon combo wonderful. Attention to every detail.Special Features:
- Failing in ExecutionRobberyDined on 9/28/2014We did the Chef Select Brunch menu. We also ordered Chicken & Waffle off the regular menu. The CROQUE MONSIEUR baked ham, gruyere, jalapeno was half warm & Half Cold,.. not a good combination, also the spicy mustard was over powering.THIS MORNING’S FRITTATA was very Blah. The Final kicker,.. $5 for a class of Selzer water, which the first one we had to send back because it was flat. We also had to remind the waiter of the problem.Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchILuvNYDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent....the Brass Beer Waffles were yummy! Only have 3 stars for service because 3 of our 4 meals came out together but we waited close to 10 minutes for the 4th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic chicken and wafflestravelforbusinesDined on 9/27/2014Great cocktails, build your own bloody bar, and fantastically moist chicken and waffles. daily frittata is always a gem. and wow pumpkin waffles!!Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Food was good, nothing out of the ordinary, service was good, tables very close together not much privacy if discussing business Average to slightly better than average
- Wonderful Champagne BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a great champagne brunch after a travel day. LB offered great service, excellent food and a great atmosphere, exactly what we were working for! Our server was really helpful and friendly. They were able to accommodate my friend with some food allergies as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great spotFFandKKinNYCDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Lexington Brass on 2 occasions; cocktails and brunch and both were great experiences. Healthy portions for brunch......well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Our party of 6 on a Friday night was seated immediately and had impeccable service. The bottle of wine we ordered for the table wasn't available, so we were forced to order a bottle slightly more expensive. In turn, the management presented us with 2 complimentary appetizers. Our server was polite, knowledgeable, and prompt. The food style could be described as "unique international comfort" and everyone enjoyed their meals. I especially recommend the truffle french fries. We also ate brunch here on Sunday morning, and the maple glazed bacon and steak and eggs were outstanding! Service continued to be excellent, even allowing us to customize an omelette order which they normally can't do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch but understaffedchuckmac07VIPDined on 9/11/2014clean modern setting, good food (salmon & salads), but slow, iffy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slowMGeatgoodDined on 9/10/2014I had 4 colleagues with me and the delivery of the food was very slow. Our order was not complex, but the slow delivery of our food and constantly asking to get certain elements delivered to us, was not great. The food tasted good, but I would probably choose another place in the neighborhood if I had it to do over. They are a good location for clients on Park Avenue, but it was not a great experience frankly.Special Features:
- Geat Fennel SaladLesRDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Roasted Chicken and it came with a fabulous salad with fennel, chicken, tomatoes and argula. The salad was so fresh and lightly dressed. The added bonus of having cubed chicken in it was great. (I wondered if it was a mistake.) the chick was good too, the skin was perfectl crunchy and the meat was juicy. Nice dish.Special Features:
- Great but very loudelrossDined on 9/4/2014Food was great, service was great, restaurant was lovely. We had breakfast at 8.30 and I could barely hear our friends talking. Very loud.Special Features:
- Going through the motionsToddVIPDined on 9/4/2014There for a breakfast with a client. The service was very slow, as if we were forgotten. The food came out late and cold. Had to plead for coffee and water. This will be the last time I eat there.
- Very Nice SurpriseNaniDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant in midtown Manhattan offers an excellent choice for weekends brunch. We had the chef's tasting menu which came with a bottle of good Cava. The four options were excellent and we also ordered a side of pancakes and they were delicious. The service was outstanding. We were sat down right away as soon as we walked in the restaurant, so reservations do work. Our waitress was excellent and super friendly. Will definitely come back to this place next time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Deal in NYCbigeasyfoodieDined on 8/30/2014We always have brunch here when we visit NYC. It's the best deal in town - - $55 for a 4 course meal for 2 with a bottle of Champagne and 2 mixers (OJ and apple/peach puree). The atmosphere is nice, the service is friendly and the food is delicious - we will be back in December!Special Features:
- I didn't like it this timeconomDined on 8/25/2014My food was not fresh - I was shocked. I always ordered shrimp with couscous but this time something was little odd and off. I barely pretended not to scare the people I brought in with me.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutDined on 8/24/2014This was a very nice recommendation for Sunday brunch. Glad we made reservations, because it was packed. The only complaint is that the tables are a little close together so that the chairs we sat in bump the chairs of the people behind us. Luckily both of us were thin! Food was creative and good.Special Features:
- Always a solid breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014I come here about once a month/ every other month for breakfast meetings in midtown. The wait staff is friendly and courteous. The menu is simple and has all the breakfast essentials. I always have a great experience.Special Features:
- Good food, near Grand CentralrdogVIPDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant is convenient to Grand Central and does offer some unique options. Not too many healthy choices outside of a salad, but a nice convenient location.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience. It was fun and very affordable. The service was very great and made everything feel like it was no problem at all. Would recommend any chance I get! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well run and fun!BackinNYDined on 8/14/2014Outstandingly warm professional staff still manages to allow a fun relaxed casual vibe. Tuna tartare starter great. Kale pappardelle. Excellent cheese course. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeBradDined on 8/13/2014met an old friend for dinner. oysters, salad and fish. good wine. just easy but good. thanksSpecial Features:
- toucanDined on 8/13/2014Menu had several unusual items and I loved the artichoke salad. Generally, most items are not good value for the money and the restaurant week menu was stingy.Special Features:
- Luv2wineVIPDined on 8/7/2014I thought this place was a neighborhood gem when it opened but it has evolved into nothing special. Good for drinks near Grand Central.Special Features:
- Noise lever intolerablenoiseDined on 8/6/2014could not have a conversation at dinner without screaming. Never going back.
- Get the lobster Cobb salad.Finewine29Dined on 8/6/2014Very noisy but good for lunch. Maybe better with a friend than for business bc of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant!SpectacularVIPDined on 8/5/2014I came here with friends for Restaurant Week. We had to ask for the Restaurant Week Menu which I thought was strange, but all of the food was great and the portions were full. Great option for Restaurant Week! The place has wonderful floor-to-ceiling windows but is a bit noisy. The highlight was definitely our waitress who helped guide us and made it a stress-free, relaxing experience. Nothing glamours - but a lovely meal!Special Features:
- Location more than qualitymkl68Dined on 8/3/2014I needed to find a brunch place near Rockefeller Centre so chose this one. I ordered buttermilk pancakes which were quite crisp so I didn't really like them. Maybe I am missing something but pancakes should be fluffy. My friend's French toast looked fine. The service was prompt and friendly, but it was a little loud for a conversation (my friend's elderly father had a hard time hearing us).Special Features:
- Marissa22Dined on 8/2/2014The chicken dinner was very good. Lamb dinner was excellent, very tender. All sides are a-la-carte which makes it a bit expensive. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlisarodriguezDined on 7/31/2014This was a great place to eat. Great area and easy to find. It has absolutely amazing food. It was a bit loud, but the mood was great and energetic. The best dirty martini I've had in a while and the lobster mac and cheese was off the charts... Will definitely come here again and again!Special Features: