517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: (212) 392-5976
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (59)great for lunch (53)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (36)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (26)hot spot (18)special occasion (12)romantic (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- I took clients to LexingtonPattyDined on 5/8/2012I took clients to Lexington Brass and was promptly seated and served. Food was excellent. My only complaint is that it is VERY LOUD once it fills up.
- Friendly hostess assignedAngieVIPDined on 4/30/2012Friendly hostess assigned me a very comfy table. Friendly waitstaff but a bit spotty service ie. didnt get my coffee until my food arrived. Food is good but not excellent. Eggs were a bit bare with just the toast and jelly.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotJamrocksVIPDined on 4/29/2012Great food - awesome brunch selections. Great flexibility with the prix fixe menu & the regular menu.Special Features:
- the wait staff was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012the wait staff was amazing! the burger was a tad messy but amazing and the truffle fries were great!Special Features:
- I thought the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012I thought the restaurant was highly overrated. Portions were small, mediocre at best in taste and overpriced...$6 for bland ICE TEA?? And where is their lunch time prix fixe that is listed on various web sites? It was not mentioned by our waiter and it was not part of the menu we were presented. NOT RECOMMENDED!
- Service ws good, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/23/2012Service ws good, but the food was average. Also noisy as tables are close. Did not think it was a good value for the $.
- Food is just OKDaniella84VIPDined on 4/17/2012The dishes we got were OK - nothing was bad, but nothing was great. The roasted chicken was cooked well, but I didn't like the way it was prepared - with some sort of BBQ tasting sauce. My friend got the salmon and it was just OK as well. The truffle fries were amazing. I would definitely go back to try other food, because I have had the mussels before and they were great - but I just wouldn't order chicken or salmon again.Special Features:
- This has been my third visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2012This has been my third visit and I was not disappointed. The food is always well made and prompt. The new dessert menu is amazing. Creme brulee and cream puffs -- need I say more :)Special Features:
- Was a bit of a wait but thenrottyVIPDined on 4/11/2012Was a bit of a wait but then was comped a cheese fritter which was delicious. Nicoise salad was tiny (not really entree sized) but not bad. Bartender was terrific!
- Brunch/Lunch was good. PortionsFordVIPDined on 4/8/2012Brunch/Lunch was good. Portions a bit small but no one at table was hungry afterwards. Nice open windows provides good view of street.
- Lexington Brass rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012The food was delicious and the staff was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Comfort food chicandreasiVIPDined on 4/3/2012Yummy comfort food with dare-I-say a health(ish) twist?! I had amazing quinoa but they had amazing looking fish and chips and other comforting, share-y dishes. Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Steven FrancescoOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/27/2012From the moment you walk in -- service is attentive and gracious. The food choices initally seemed bland -- but each out the dishes ordered was a great surprise in taste and presentation.Special Features:
- This visit to Lexington BrassOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/16/2012This visit to Lexington Brass was a disappointment. The wine list has changed dramatically, which begs the question: why did this restaurant decide to cater to the palette of a strip mall restaurant patron? My service was extremely slow, lacking in wine knowledge and a bit offensive with respect to telling me that I would enjoy a wine that she likes despite the fact that we told her that we do not like the grapes in the wine she pushed on us. The food has gone downhill as well. I shall not return and will not suggest this place to out-of-town friends who stay in the area.
- Breakfast, lunch and earlyLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/16/2012Breakfast, lunch and early dinner have all been very good.Special Features:
- We had to wait for over 15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2012We had to wait for over 15 minutes to be seated after making a reservation.
- Good food, high pricesWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 3/6/2012First, really great onion soup. But, I suspect that it is going more for the out-of-town crowd; be ready for a very pricey check for a decent lunch.
- Solo Sunday dinner in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2012The atmosphere is fresh and authentic. The food was well prepared, delicious and offered appropriate serving sizes. No JUMBO American portions here as they focus on quality versus quantity. The service was friendly and genuine. The waitstaff was attentive and understood the menu to offer helpful advice.Special Features:
- Overpriced brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/4/2012The best thing at this restaurant for brunch is the chicken and waffles! Delicious. However, I hate to say that the poached eggs were overcooked, the mushroom and Gruyere omelette poorly cooked and very bland and the french press coffee watery. Everything was overpriced too boot. Our waiter was more involved in watching the European soccer match on tv.
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012This was our first visit and were very satisfied. My special thanks go to the servers, young men who were prompt and polite, a real pleasureSpecial Features:
- Unique low keyed place forWithmysoulmateDined on 2/24/2012Unique low keyed place for early dinner or appetizers and drinks...2nd time there...The wait staff is attentive but, not obnoxious.Special Features:
- Great for lunchWineWoman102VIPDined on 2/24/2012Went here last Friday for lunch with a friend. Food was great, service was great. Love the setup of the menu as well as the menu selection. Great spot!Special Features:
- We went for breakfast, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We went for breakfast, the restaurant was not busy. It took ages for our order to be taken and even longer for my cappucino to arrive. When it finally did it was cold. Another long wait for the food to arrive - when it did it was good but why did it all take so long??
- Great food and great ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2012Great food and great ambience. Our server was very helpful and we did not feel rushed at all. I would definately recommend Lexington Brass and look forward to going back.
- Great atmosphere and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2012Great atmosphere and good food!!! Can get a little bit loud during lunch because it is so busy.Special Features:
- Bistro style food. Quick andGeorgeRDined on 1/25/2012Bistro style food. Quick and efficient service. Perfect for business lunches.Special Features:
- Worst place in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/20/2012Terrible food, avoid at all costs! They try to pass fried cheese off as a Beignet...really shocking.
- main courses were good, butdinedplentyVIPDined on 1/19/2012main courses were good, but starters were excellent. Service very good. Wine list ok.Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- food was wonderful, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012food was wonderful, prices reasonable, and the service attentive without being overbearing. Crowded and noisy, which may be a problem for some, but the other aspects more than made up for it.
- Love the oysters and the chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011Love the oysters and the chicken and double-love the burger.Special Features:
- Good, not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011We dined here during a trip to NYC over the holidays. We were seated immediately and the service was good. The food was good and there was a variety of items on the menu to satisfy everyone in our group. The portions were on the small side for the price. We arrived around 7 and the place was fairly empty. It did fill up while we were eating and there was a definite uptick in the noise level. Seems like a lively bar scene.Special Features:
- B-o-r-I-n-g menu !OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/24/2011So-so experience, I thought the menu selections were a big snoozer, lacking any firm of creativity and the food was mediocre. The service was very nice!Special Features:
- Great for a business breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/21/2011Great for a business breakfast. A nice energy, great food and exellent for a business conversation.
- Good spot for midtown - bringsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/16/2011Good spot for midtown - brings needed energy. We booked thru open table and got a terrible table (for 2). Would have just stayed at bar but was a business lunch. Pricey for what it is - for is above average. We had Lobster Mac n cheese (bland and little lobster) and Roast Chicken (fine).Special Features:
- It was my first time at yourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011It was my first time at your establishment. Actually my boss brought me along with 2 other co-workers there for holiday lunch. I found the restaurant to be a very nice eatery and the staff was more than helpful.Special Features:
- Fun spot in midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2011Met a client/friend for dinner. Ended up eating at the bar. Staff was very nice and fun. Food was good and felt it there was good value for the money. Total was $250 with tip. Well this happens with expensive wine!!! My own falt. I will go back.Special Features:
- Went for brunch. Great food,RobertBVIPDined on 12/4/2011Went for brunch. Great food, interesting menu but the service was disorganized (had to ask three times for hot sauce, butter, jam, etc.) And slow.Special Features:
- Service was attentive andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2011Service was attentive and helpful without being pushy - I was worried that the noise level would be too loud for private conversation but on a Monday night, I had no difficulty hearing my colleague during our three hour leisurely meal. We chose to share several starters and sides and enjoyed all of them, particularly the tuna tartar tacos and the pearl barley. I will definitely return!
- Good food, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/19/2011Enjoyed the meal just fine, servings were fresh, healthily portioned and the setting was quite nice. My only two minor complaints is that they were pretty slow to get us our first drinks even water once we were seated (like 15 minutes past before someone returned to our table) and second, while we getting ready to get up and go the waiter came by and basically asked us to leave to seat another group. Its fine, I know they have a business to run but it was plainly obvious that we were readying to leave. It embarrassed my guest but it put a slight tarnish on an otherwise pleasant dining experience.
- I liked the brunch menu asOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2011I liked the brunch menu as it had a lot of great selections to choose from. The staff were very nice even very early in the morning. I had the bene with the smoked salmon and it was well prepared and the potatoes that came with it were crisp and flavorful.Special Features: