517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: (212) 392-5976
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (59)great for lunch (50)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (37)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (18)special occasion (11)late-night find (10)romantic (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- ShoulddabeenbetterAlatLunchDined on 11/21/2014Food ok at lunch and hosts ok but table service was baaadddd! Couldn't find a server, no follow up for condiments or refill and we got the wrong table's check. Had a good biz lunch with a friend notwithstanding. But it was a poor showing. Should've been better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Truffle FriesLetsEatDined on 11/15/2014Make a reservation! Fills up quickly. Food is great, menu is on the small side. That being side the Truffle Fries were amazing! We got 2 orders for our table. Our food did take a long time to get out and came out at different times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket List New YorkBucketlistNewYorkVIPDined on 11/15/2014Outstanding service! Our waitress, Ashley, was very accommodating and really helped add value to our restaurant experience. The brunch is great! A wide variety of breakfast options from sweet to savory. The salads are very fresh and delicious too! For pictures from my dining experience and adventures around NYC please visit, www.instagram.com/BucketlistNYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!AndrewVIPDined on 11/11/2014Great food and fun bar in a pretty stiff area of town. While we were seated 30 minutes after we checked in, the restaurant compensated with a round of drinks that quickly drowned our sorrows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but Pricey.Tiny0216VIPDined on 11/9/2014My husband & I went for brunch with another couple. We did the $90 brunch tasting menu which consisted of 4 chef selections of savory & sweet dishes, plus a bottle of Cava & mixers. Food was delicious, but on the small side. Had to order an additional item (chicken & waffles, YUM, but at $21...overpriced!). Wanting another bottle of Cava, but no way we were paying the extra $40 they were charging for it, the guys settled on 2 extra mimosas. The bill, including tip, came to $175. A bit much for brunch, especially one that was prix fixed at $90. It's a gimmick. However, as I mentioned, the food at least was good as was the service.
- Great food and atmo, service okZhoraSullyDined on 11/9/2014The food and atmosphere were great. It's a classy place in a great location and has great brunch options. The service was courteous and prompt but not too attentive mid-stream. Coffee cups stayed empty for a long time and I had to be vocal to get a server's attention for a refill, I.e. They weren't constantly scanning tables as they moved around. It was busy but plenty of busy restaurants can handle that element of service. So the servers need to work on their peripheral vision and attention. Otherwise, it's great. I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun, and great food!MadeGoodsDined on 11/8/2014The food was eclectic, interesting, and delicious. We took a group of 9 clients, and were well taken care of. Service was great too!Special Features:
- Build Your Own Bloody Mary!80spoprocksDined on 11/8/2014What more can I say? Any spot that lets you build your own Bloody Mary deserves top marks. Mine was pretty traditional but I was surprised at how light and balanced this "hang-over" special was at Lexington Brass. The croque monsieur is also quite delicious and not overly heavy on the cheese. Because it's so close to Grand Central, you'd think it's a tourist hack type of spot but it's not. Really good food, nice high-ceiling interior, and great wait staff too! But again, the cherry on top was the Build Your Own Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- Waiter rushes you through lunch.HealthyEaterDined on 11/7/2014The good: Food was above par! Salmon entre & the kale salad were attractively presented and delicious. The bad: In under three minutes of being seated for a 12:15 seating, the waiter asked us if we were ready to order four times . When told we'd need a minute or two, he basically stood hovering on top of us. Not cool, man. It's not like we were even in a "prime" location - we were way in the back right next to the service kiosk. When our meals were consumed, he asked if we wanted anything else, and we could hear the exaggerated sigh when we asked for coffee. Did not feel welcome. I know they want to turn tables several times at lunch, but the experience (with our waiter at least) was disappointing to the point of almost being rude.
- JulzDined on 11/6/2014It was very pleasant and the food was absolutely fabulousSpecial Features:
- GreekGodVIPDined on 11/4/2014Kale salad was tasty, but small/sparse. Not worth the price. Friend's salad was bland and boring. Servie friendly, but inconsistent. Fine for quick lunch in area, but certainly not an impressive destination.
- Brunch during the NYC Marathon was memorable!LainieVIPDined on 11/2/2014The pumpkin spice belgian waffle was excellent. Our group of 7 thoroughly enjoyed our brunch experience. The service was top shelf also. I would love to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-matinee brunchPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had the brunch for two which included a bottle of champagne and juices to mix, a frittata, salmon eggs benedict, beer waffle...Portions were large and more than enough for 2. Everything was perfectly cooked. Will definitely recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- Business Lunch for the Common ManmarkVIPDined on 10/29/2014If you're looking for a business lunch spot without blowing your expense account, Lexington Brass is a wise choice: quality food served well-prepared, responsive service and a noise level which allows for serious conversation. Conveniently located with nice ambience. The truffle fries are particularly good; they're a specialty here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014The food was terrible. Literally so bland and tasteless that we didn't finish our food and left hungry.
- Slow service and/or kitchenKma66VIPDined on 10/27/2014We went there for a quick breakfast -- had a meeting at a nearby UN and needed to leave sharp at 10:40. We came in at 9:45, ordered a breakfast plate each, and a plate of pancakes to share. Explained to the waiter the time limits, paid for the bill early not to rush and...... never received our pancakes. As we left at 10:40, our food was long gone, the table was cleaned up but pancakes were not in sight. The restaurant owes us for the food we paid for and did not receive but had no time to argue over.
- Quality AND quantity!JackVIPDined on 10/26/2014We dined at Lexington Brass for breakfast. Very fresh, hot out of the kitchen and quick. I think there must have been 6 eggs on my plate - WOW! Our server was adorable (I wish I had noted her name to call her out) and the atmosphere was clean and mid-century modern. We love mid-town east and this place makes us like it even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't trust the menueats99Dined on 10/24/2014I ordered "Chicken burger with honey mustard and cheddar cheese" (or maybe Swiss, that's not the point). I was surprised to find that the burger was sitting on a bed of guacamole. Waiter offered to take it back and have it remade with no guac. But I wasn't quick enough to realize that where there's guacamole there's bound to be other Mexican tastes. Indeed, the 2nd burger (no guac) was on a bed of hot peppers and the burger was flavored with Mexican-type chilis. I'm sure someone else would think that was lovely, but Mexican spices make my mouth burn and swell. Since I'd already sent it back once I toughed it through half the burger. But the menu should have described the dish MUCH more accurately. FWIW, my companion enjoyed the seafood
- Great brunch placeLuv2dineDined on 10/19/2014Though the French toast was a little on the rare side, everything we ate was delicious! Would definitely return for brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on a SaturdayKevinDined on 10/18/2014The food was good and our waiter Walter was patient with us, which was nice. We had half our party show up late it was a little tough for the wait staff. All around the brunch was good, the only thing i found a little confusing was the fact that on each receipt we had (we had the check separated into 4) it had the total tip amounts for the entire bill so we almost all ended up over tipping. I liked the place.Special Features:
- SOLID MIDTOWN BRUNCH CHOICErenman1984Dined on 10/18/2014Good mid-town location and they have high windows with good views of the local traffic and activity. Everything that we had for Saturday brunch was good (particularly the side dishes). Loved the "build your own" Bloody Mary menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunch spotJzeatsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent spot to grab a reasonable bite in the midtown east area. Good food decent prices. Salmon lunch was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SullyJPDined on 10/16/2014Lexington Brass is a great New York scene at lunch, with good food and fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014Food and ambiance was decent but nothing special. Service was good as was the drink selection.
- Great Food, Awful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014EMM Group typically does a great job with service, so i'm not sure what happened here. Our sunday brunch reservation was for 4, and we were seated promptly by a fantastic hostess. However, that is pretty much where they good service ends. While the food was great (highly recommend the Kale Salad!), and the drinks were well made, the service was un-acceptable. We did not have waters refilled once during our dine. Our waiter did not check-in to ask if we wanted additional drinks after our first round. Our typical brunch requests like Hollandaise sauce on the side was either completely ignored or forgotten. And one member of our group did not get his order because it was given to another table.Special Features:
- disappointedkrisDined on 10/12/2014Four of us went for brunch on a Sunday morning - menu looked incredible, and we were all excited for our meal. TERRIBLE service - one person took our food and drink order at the beginning of our meal and then disappeared... a different person brought out our food and then we had to hunt staff members down to get additional coffee and water for the table, which didn't come until we were leaving. We also had to beg someone to get our check. On the contrary - the food was outstanding. I highly recommend the gluten free pumpkin waffle It was just an overall awful experience and we definitely will NOT be going back.Special Features:
- NEighborhood FindKendyDined on 10/12/2014The Lexington Brass is a very good place--and stands on its own, despite being part of the Hyatt in the neighborhood. They were very patient and kind even when the final member of our group was 30 minutes late on a busy Sunday morning. I appreciated their understanding and we had a delicious and gracious meal.Special Features:
- Awful, Just AwfulMikeySquaredVIPDined on 10/10/20144 of us dined on a Friday night - I could safely say that everyone's food was terrible. Rack of lamb - overcooked. Mashed potatoes - stringy and over-whipped, Caesar salad - waterlogged shredded lettuce (ever heard of garlic?). Fried chicken - oversized, over-breaded nuggets. I had the scallops, and when it arrived, my son blurted out that they only brought me half my dinner. 4 scallops, no side, $32 dollars. Either of my sons could have *made* these dishes better (and have). Service was could-care-less at best. Didn't bother to ask us how things were until we were done. No, I don't want another glass of wine. Passed on desert too. This space that could be put to better use. Hang it up and give isomeone else a chance.
- Cute place w/not so appetizing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014Our waiter was great. The restaurant itself cute with a great crowd but the food was not good at all!! 5 of us ordered different appetizers and different entrees and we were all disappointed with the choices. The kale salad was tough and flavorless ( which I'm not sure how a kale salad can go wrong, but it did) the special of the day chicken with fall vegetables frittata that sounded so scrumptious was so terribly bland I barely are finished it nor did I request a doggy bag! I think this place is cute for afterwork drinks but I recommend eating somewhere else.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 9/29/2014Highly recommend this gem at 48 & Lex. Cleo is the manager on duty and she is excellent. She provides the restaurant amazing oversight to ensure guests receive an optimal experience. Drew, our waiter, was very professional and service was efficient, well done and with a fantastic attitude. Both Cleo and Drew are to be commended for a job well done and for setting a wonderful tone to accompany the amazing food served. Our brunch entries were amazing - Omelet was great and the eggs/bacon combo wonderful. Attention to every detail.Special Features:
- Failing in ExecutionRobberyDined on 9/28/2014We did the Chef Select Brunch menu. We also ordered Chicken & Waffle off the regular menu. The CROQUE MONSIEUR baked ham, gruyere, jalapeno was half warm & Half Cold,.. not a good combination, also the spicy mustard was over powering.THIS MORNING’S FRITTATA was very Blah. The Final kicker,.. $5 for a class of Selzer water, which the first one we had to send back because it was flat. We also had to remind the waiter of the problem.Special Features:
- Delicious BrunchILuvNYDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent....the Brass Beer Waffles were yummy! Only have 3 stars for service because 3 of our 4 meals came out together but we waited close to 10 minutes for the 4th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic chicken and wafflestravelforbusinesDined on 9/27/2014Great cocktails, build your own bloody bar, and fantastically moist chicken and waffles. daily frittata is always a gem. and wow pumpkin waffles!!Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/22/2014Food was good, nothing out of the ordinary, service was good, tables very close together not much privacy if discussing business Average to slightly better than average
- Wonderful Champagne BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a great champagne brunch after a travel day. LB offered great service, excellent food and a great atmosphere, exactly what we were working for! Our server was really helpful and friendly. They were able to accommodate my friend with some food allergies as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply great spotFFandKKinNYCDined on 9/21/2014We have been to Lexington Brass on 2 occasions; cocktails and brunch and both were great experiences. Healthy portions for brunch......well worth a visit.Special Features:
- Great service, delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Our party of 6 on a Friday night was seated immediately and had impeccable service. The bottle of wine we ordered for the table wasn't available, so we were forced to order a bottle slightly more expensive. In turn, the management presented us with 2 complimentary appetizers. Our server was polite, knowledgeable, and prompt. The food style could be described as "unique international comfort" and everyone enjoyed their meals. I especially recommend the truffle french fries. We also ate brunch here on Sunday morning, and the maple glazed bacon and steak and eggs were outstanding! Service continued to be excellent, even allowing us to customize an omelette order which they normally can't do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch but understaffedchuckmac07VIPDined on 9/11/2014clean modern setting, good food (salmon & salads), but slow, iffy service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slowMGeatgoodDined on 9/10/2014I had 4 colleagues with me and the delivery of the food was very slow. Our order was not complex, but the slow delivery of our food and constantly asking to get certain elements delivered to us, was not great. The food tasted good, but I would probably choose another place in the neighborhood if I had it to do over. They are a good location for clients on Park Avenue, but it was not a great experience frankly.Special Features:
- Geat Fennel SaladLesRDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Roasted Chicken and it came with a fabulous salad with fennel, chicken, tomatoes and argula. The salad was so fresh and lightly dressed. The added bonus of having cubed chicken in it was great. (I wondered if it was a mistake.) the chick was good too, the skin was perfectl crunchy and the meat was juicy. Nice dish.Special Features: