517 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://emmgrp.com/restaurants/lexington-brass/
- Phone: 2123925976x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 11:30AM
Lunch: Monday through Friday 11:30AM to 3:00PM
Bar Menu: 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Dinner: Monday through Sunday 5:00PM to 11:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 7:00AM to 3:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Leahy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: For special events please call 212-392-5976
- Cross Street: 48th Street
- Public Transit: Subway:;
E, M or 6 at 53rd Street Station, walk south on Lexington Avenue to 48th Street.;
F at Rockefeller Center, walk east on 48th Street to Lexington Avenue.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 48th Street Between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Located on the south side of the street.
A word from Lexington Brass
Manhattan sophistication meets comfort at Lexington Brass, a 110-seat neighborhood eatery located on the ground level of the luxury Hersha Group hotel, Hyatt 48Lex. A fresh, locally sourced menu by Executive Chef Chris Leahy features traditional American cuisine, while the social setting, sensible prices and gracious service foster a sense of familiarity among patrons, making Lexington Brass both a Midtown destination and a neighborhood staple.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lexington Brass reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (69)great for brunch (64)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (15)hot spot (14)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- I didn't like it this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014My food was not fresh - I was shocked. I always ordered shrimp with couscous but this time something was little odd and off. I barely pretended not to scare the people I brought in with me.Special Features:
- luv2eatoutluv2eatoutDined on 8/24/2014This was a very nice recommendation for Sunday brunch. Glad we made reservations, because it was packed. The only complaint is that the tables are a little close together so that the chairs we sat in bump the chairs of the people behind us. Luckily both of us were thin! Food was creative and good.Special Features:
- Always a solid breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014I come here about once a month/ every other month for breakfast meetings in midtown. The wait staff is friendly and courteous. The menu is simple and has all the breakfast essentials. I always have a great experience.Special Features:
- Good food, near Grand CentralrdogVIPDined on 8/19/2014This restaurant is convenient to Grand Central and does offer some unique options. Not too many healthy choices outside of a salad, but a nice convenient location.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/14/2014We had a great experience. It was fun and very affordable. The service was very great and made everything feel like it was no problem at all. Would recommend any chance I get! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well run and fun!BackinNYDined on 8/14/2014Outstandingly warm professional staff still manages to allow a fun relaxed casual vibe. Tuna tartare starter great. Kale pappardelle. Excellent cheese course. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeBradDined on 8/13/2014met an old friend for dinner. oysters, salad and fish. good wine. just easy but good. thanksSpecial Features:
- toucanDined on 8/13/2014Menu had several unusual items and I loved the artichoke salad. Generally, most items are not good value for the money and the restaurant week menu was stingy.Special Features:
- Luv2wineVIPDined on 8/7/2014I thought this place was a neighborhood gem when it opened but it has evolved into nothing special. Good for drinks near Grand Central.Special Features:
- Noise lever intolerablenoiseDined on 8/6/2014could not have a conversation at dinner without screaming. Never going back.
- Get the lobster Cobb salad.Finewine29Dined on 8/6/2014Very noisy but good for lunch. Maybe better with a friend than for business bc of the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant!SpectacularVIPDined on 8/5/2014I came here with friends for Restaurant Week. We had to ask for the Restaurant Week Menu which I thought was strange, but all of the food was great and the portions were full. Great option for Restaurant Week! The place has wonderful floor-to-ceiling windows but is a bit noisy. The highlight was definitely our waitress who helped guide us and made it a stress-free, relaxing experience. Nothing glamours - but a lovely meal!Special Features:
- Location more than qualitymkl68Dined on 8/3/2014I needed to find a brunch place near Rockefeller Centre so chose this one. I ordered buttermilk pancakes which were quite crisp so I didn't really like them. Maybe I am missing something but pancakes should be fluffy. My friend's French toast looked fine. The service was prompt and friendly, but it was a little loud for a conversation (my friend's elderly father had a hard time hearing us).Special Features:
- Marissa22Dined on 8/2/2014The chicken dinner was very good. Lamb dinner was excellent, very tender. All sides are a-la-carte which makes it a bit expensive. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlisarodriguezDined on 7/31/2014This was a great place to eat. Great area and easy to find. It has absolutely amazing food. It was a bit loud, but the mood was great and energetic. The best dirty martini I've had in a while and the lobster mac and cheese was off the charts... Will definitely come here again and again!Special Features:
- LousyMakuDined on 7/31/2014Very limited lunch menu, of which most of the stuff was unavailable. Service personnel had tremendous attitude and was really slow service even though the restaurant wasn't busy at all. Was one vegetarian in the party and were really unhelpful about modifying the entrees to accomodate her needs. Many better options in the vicinity. This one should be avoided.
- Quintessential Midtown Manhattan...DinerMcEaterVIPDined on 7/31/2014...bar/fast-food hotel accoutrement...nothing explicitly erroneous there, good service, food OK, drinks better - just a chilling experienceSpecial Features:
- Great cocktails and decent foodSlidesVIPDined on 7/29/2014Service is good and cocktails are great, but the food is fairly average. It's not bad, but forgettable. Also, the portions are way to small to fill you up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014After reading a bunch of good reviews, we made reservations for brunch at Lexington Brass. We had a large group, and they were very accommodating. Besides the great service, the food was delicious! Everyone raved about it. It was a great find and we will be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpoonDined on 7/26/2014This Resturant was teribble.It is definitely not worth the price.Food came out cold.My hus ordered a Glenlivits scotch and they gave him something different.I FIRST SAW this Resturant I think on Kathy lee& Hoda or Rosanna& Greg on Channel 5.Thougt it look so shick & food seems good.But unfortunately for. Them I was so disappointed.I have been to many Resturants in the city.This is by far my 1st horrible experience I had @ a Resturant.Will never go back or recommend.Not wort the price @ all. Rate it a zero.Special Features:
- Breakfast gemFoodieDined on 7/24/2014Amazing and centrally located. Seemed to be slightly low on staff so everything took a bit longer but the waitress we did have was polite, pleasant, and very nice. Even though she seemed to be helping half the restaurant she was still very nice and did her best. Brass ale waffles were out of this world delicious. Decor is gorgeous and everything is clean. Definitely a must or breakfastSpecial Features:
- SonyaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Service was horrible. We were a party of 5 and two people ordered the 4 course prix frixe. Usually it is timed so that the 3rd course and 4th course are brought out with the rest of the tables food but everything was brought out except the first course of the tasting menu so the entire table was finished with their meals before we received the first course. Every time we asked the waitress a question, she said that she was swamped and would get to us soon. I don't know her name but she was a redhead, BE WARE if you get her. Food was good as usual but she ruined the experience. I had two friends in town from Miami and had been raving about this place so I was embarrassed.Special Features:
- Busy night !AussieDined on 7/18/2014Returned to the Lexington Brass after 2 years. Food , service and bar are still great but we rally came back for the cocktails that used to be sensational , now they are just average and yes the bar staff admitted yes we used to do that but now we don't. Nice experience but missed the drinks ... And even though we joked that we'd come back from Australia just for a drink ... That wax the truth ! Our server was terrific and arranged something special that was not on the menu ! Great work and well done.Special Features:
- Bring your earplugsNewinthehoodDined on 7/16/2014This is a great place with friendly and expert service except for the noise level. It is a popular bar scene but there are no tables far enough removed from the noise to allow for a decent conversation. The food was excellent and prices are pretty average for NYC. We'd love to go back but probably won't due to the noise.Special Features:
- Gluten Free Waffles are AmazingLoriFromReadingDined on 7/13/2014We decided to go to Lexington Brass because we read they had gluten free waffles and we were not disappointed. One of our group had the pumpkin spice waffle which was gluten free, another had the beer battered waffle. Both were super crispy and covered with berries. They were served with a cinnamon butter that was sweet and delicious. There wasn't even a need for the small cup of syrup. The wait staff was very nice and friendly. We would recommend breakfast here, especially to those needing gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent midtown lunch, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Food was pretty good but not cheap, portions were fair, service was slow. Been there 4 times and had 2 good experiences and 2 average/bad experiences. I'm pretty sure you will get an overcharged, decent lunch but service and timing ranged from good to less than average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeBethyVIPDined on 7/6/2014I was very pleased to find a good fairly priced restaurant in that high priced neighborhood. My freind form out of town cleaned their plates.Special Features:
- Amazing time for everyone involved!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, great service! amazing time! Everyone enjoyed their food and the wait staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Showed up an hour late with a group of six and they accomodated us despite having a packed restaurant.Special Features:
- birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014excellent find for a birthday brunch/dinner-great specials on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchMaineVIPDined on 6/29/2014The Brunch is very good. Went with a group of friends on a Sunday ad we enjoyed the champagne brunch. Service and food quality were top notch. Also try building your own Bloody mary it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid 3 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014I use this restaurant for casual business lunches regularly. The food is never going to blow you away, but I have never really had any complaints and the service has always been good and quick.
- Great brunch menuNYCFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014I was looking for a good brunch spot near Grand Central to meet some friends who dropped into the city from Westchester, and Lexington Brass fit the bill. The food was very good for brunch, and reasonably priced. Fried chicken and waffles were ridiculous. Service was on the slow side and a bit unattentative, but overall decent. I'd definitely return if looking a brunch spot in the area, and would consider dinner too.Special Features:
- DisappointedflatironeaterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Catch and The General are two of my favorite restaurants and I expected similar excellence at Lexington Brass. I was extremely disappointed - while the restaurant is very cute and has a great bar, it took about 15 minutes before someone even brought us water, the burger I asked for medium rare was raw in the middle and a request for fries (that originally were asked for when we placed our order) took about 10 minutes. The saving grace was our waiter, who, once he showed up, was really nice and helpful, but I would not return to Lexington Brass.
- Good for VegetatariansbrunhildeVIPDined on 6/20/2014Interesting gluton free choices including kale ravioli with mushrooms on the side. My neice in from CA was impressed with the open view provided with the windowed exterior. Can be noisy but not uncomfortableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polished Brass, Not!NYCBrassVIPDined on 6/19/2014Bacon was burnt beyond recognition, oatmeal was horrible, waffle maker was broken (boo hoo), and the service was no existent. I want be returning.
- Doesn't understand reservationsHungryJacquiVIPDined on 6/17/2014I've had lunch here for the first time in a couple of years. Recently I made a reservation because I remembered having a decent meal here and couldn't recall why I don't eat there more often. Now I remember: even with a reservation, you're looking at a 15 minute wait for a table. Kind of defeats the purpose of a reservation if you spend that much of your lunch just waiting for a table, especially during the work week. The food is good, but the lax attitude towards reservations is reason enough not to go back.
- No complaintsQuirky2dineDined on 6/15/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Good food and ambiance. Was a bit turned off by the music. Too loud and did not care for the music played. Maybe because I'm a senior. Overall a pleasant dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchEmilyJHVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were staying at The Lexington across the street and looking for a good brunch before catching our train home. Hard to find places in NYC that serve brunch before 11, but this place did and it was great! I had a delicious baked egg, blue crab, and avocado dish that was tasty and not too heavy. My husband had the steak and eggs and enjoyed it. We've been here for lunch too when staying in that area and it was also very good.Special Features:
- Good Food Nice Place No Bathroom...JmwpVIPDined on 6/12/2014I love the food and feel at Lexington Brass. The only issue is a lack of bathroom in the restaurant. You have to go through an attached hotel. It's a bit weird.I would recommend this to a friend.