401 Fourth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lewnessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4102631617x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lester Snowden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms are available upon request. Private dining menus, room configurations, and special requests can be organized with managers over the phone or on location.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Miguez 4102631617x
- Cross Street: Severn Avenue
- Public Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available and a public parking lot is located catty corner from the restaurant. Only a short walk from historic downtown Annapolis; cross the Eastport bridge, take a left at the stop light, and the restaurant is on the corner two blocks down.
A word from Lewnes' SteakHouse
The Lewnes family has been in the food business since 1921. Lewnes' Steakhouse opened in 1994, specializing in USDA prime beef and exquisite seafood dishes. With its high back booths, low-lit ambiance and a waitstaff that is dedicated to first class service, Lewnes' is the premier spot for special occasions or private dining. Lewnes' boasts a Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence" award winning wine list with over 450 wine selections to pair with your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Lewnes' SteakHouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Lewnes' SteakHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (97)notable wine list (82)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (22)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- DisappointingSlowVIPDined on 10/13/2014My filet was under done even after sending it back, they were out of baked potatoes and the clams casino were sandy! Our waitress lacked a personality and could have been more attentive. Perhaps it was an off night. None the less, it was disappointing for such an expensive steakhouse. They did send over dessert.Special Features:
- FantasticluvfoodDined on 10/12/2014Went to dinner for a special occasion and it did not disappoint. Food was as always spectacular and the service was outstanding. Eric was our server, he was attentive and very knowledgeable of the wine menu. The filet was huge and perfectly cooked, added the crab cake which was equally delicious. the side portions are huge and definitely enough to split between two people. Cant give it a higher mark or recommendation.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulbbfoodieDined on 10/11/2014Whether my husband & I go by ourselves or with a group, the food & service is consistently wonderful. The filet melts in your mouth. Great wine selection. Although on the pricy side it's a definite must for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A absolute gem!!!EboogieDined on 10/10/2014A all around great experience . A most for anyone visiting Annapollis .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect all aroundMimiofjandmDined on 10/10/2014The NY strip was excellent and prepared perfectly as we're the lamb chops. The mushrooms and sautéed spinach were great sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Chop HousePacketManDined on 10/10/2014With white linens on the tables and dark wood booths, Lewnes is a classic chop house with new twists. Our waiter was entertaining and knowledgeable without being obnoxious or preachy, and was most accommodating when asked for split orders and half sides. A must do in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Consistently great foodMrsMarronVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had not eaten here for a few years and went to celebrate my brother and nephew's birthdays. We had a delicious meal, a superb wine and great service. The Lyonnaise potatoes are incredible, the quality of the meat is outstanding, the atmosphere is extremely comfortable. We highly recommend the place and have every intention of returning the next time we visit Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite SteakhouseAnniversaryDinerDined on 10/5/2014My wife's steak was a bit overcooked. However, in all the times we've eaten there, it is the only time something was not prepared exactly as expected. The steaks are fantastic, the service exquisite, and the atmosphere very private. Additionally, the desserts are top-notch. We will be back, again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good evening out...dnk2VIPDined on 10/4/2014Overall the food was very good...excellent steak and tuna...potatoes were a little salty...mushrooms were okay...the oyster on the half shell were quite fresh :) The only 'ambiance' issue was the seating...booth seat was way to far from table which made things quite uncomfortable throughout the dinner...Special Features:
- Lewnes My FavoriteTrakersDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I and some fellow boaters were in Annapolis for the weekend and after a disappointing meal elsewhere in town on Saturday night decided to go to Lewnes on Sunday....OMG the food was so fabulous and the waitress was personable. Lewnes was the highlight of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome Steaks!DiscerningCarnivoresDined on 9/27/2014We had a beautiful Filet Mignon prepared "Oscar" style (lump crab meat on top with Bernaise sauce). If your looking for the kind of dinner where you look at each other, roll your eyes and say "Yum" after every bite, this is where you need to go. The steaks were cooked perfectly, the choice of meat was excellent, the salad and vegetables were fresh, the Waiter was knowledgeable and very professional. I requested private dining with our reservation, and they happily replied. The high back seats on the booths make for a quiet and romantic dinner. The perfect place for a special occasion! I would strongly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!!murphysworldDined on 9/26/2014I wish they had restaurant in Baltimore! However, the wine list is confusing and over priced. For a list this large there are very few wines under 50 bucks. The filet came over cooked but the waitstaff quickly replaced it with a perfectly med rare. The tuna was wonderful and both sides were to die for. They brought a huge ice cream and cookie desert on the house for screwing up the filet. The best restaurant in Annapolis still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchDinersFromDCVIPDined on 9/23/2014One of the best steakhouses in the country! Great friendly service, terrific wine list, the best steaks anywhere and great fun to be there. Lewnes is not some canned chain that tries to kill you with pricey extras. It's really great!Special Features:
- Wonderful Night!JillMDined on 9/23/2014My petite filet mignon was cooked to a perfect medium, tender, juicy, and flavorful, & my husband loved his generously-sized ribeye. I liked the Lyonnaise potatoes and the saut'eed mushrooms. The wine list was incredible, looked like at least a hundred different wine choices, with many well above $100/bottle. We chose a reasonable merlot ($60). The service was impeccable, friendly and prompt, on our dining schedule, not theirs, making for a wonderful meal. They even surprised me with a dessert sundae for my birthday. 2 entrees, 2 salads, 2 side dishes (served family style), a bottle of wine, coffee & a cappuccino, $187 plus tip. No view, but down the street is the water taxi, which they called for us. It was a fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealJerrieDined on 9/22/2014We came back to town for visit and made sure we ate here. The steaks are melt in your mouth delicious and all the sides are well worth getting. Hubby had 6 oysters and said wonderful. Shared a large filet and lyonnaise potatoes-I must learn to cook these! We were able to walk from our hotel so had an appetite ready to eat. Would highly recommend. We are already looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- DisappointedjjabnerVIPDined on 9/20/2014The space was smaller than we remembered. Our table was in a hallway. Disappointed in their wine by the glass choice. We prefer by the glass as our tastes are not the same. Felt that the steaks didn't have the flavor we remembered. Thought the menu was restricted but perhaps that's because they just want to be a grilled steak place.Special Features:
- Predictably excellentHLC1704VIPDined on 9/20/2014Celebratory dinner for six at prime time Saturday night was pleasantly memorable. Excellent service, timely food delivery, and food preparation was exactly as requested. Only down side is that close-by parking can be a challenge.Special Features:
- FantasticByronVIPDined on 9/18/2014This restaurant was so delicious. The Filet was perfect and the Tuna that my wife had was out of this world. We had the best service with true professionals waiting on us. You can tell this is a very well managed operation. The next time I am in Annapolis this is where I will be dining. Thanks to the great staff for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- very nice restaurantyoungman72Dined on 9/14/2014Foods were great, service was outstanding (very friendly staff) my server was very professional. Ill definitely recommend to my friends and relatives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWineDineFelineVIPDined on 9/13/2014After doing a my fair share or research to find a great steakhouse in Annapolis, I made a reservation at Lewnes' for my boyfriends birthday dinner. There were plenty of missteps with the service- bringing us the wrong vintage of the wine we ordered and pouring the entire bottle into a decanter without even showing us the bottle being the first of many. My real qualm with this place was the food. I read time and time again how great it was and I'm not sure what the diners are used to that found it to be appealing. My crab cakes were terrible- extremely disappointing given the other choices I had for dining. The sides were like baby food. The filet mignon was fatty. $175 for a disappointment. Will definitely not return.Special Features:
- Great mealnanaVIPDined on 9/9/2014My husband & I had a fabulous meal here. Everything was exceptional: food, service, staff, & ambience . Definitely gong back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lewnes Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/8/2014A great steak house in Annapolis with superb food, a la carte prices and limited parking, with a dining experience that is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SZ22Dined on 9/6/2014Great Steakhouse with excellent, melt in your mouth prime rib. MOre than just steak on the menu. Can't wait to go back. Quiet, comfortable black leather booths that were private. Very knowledgable and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TimeIwineforfoodDined on 8/31/2014It was our 1st wedding anniversary and Katie took wonderful care of us! Had a night to remember. The food was cooked perfectly. We had a drink at the bar before we sat for dinner and the bartender was very friendly and made us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Pretty decentZdubDined on 8/31/2014Was pretty decent but not what I hoped. Great wine list. Crabmeat cocktail was good. Sides of asparagus and lyonnaise potatoes were good. My wife's filet was good. Steaks were cooked a proper medium-rare but no real sear on the meat like I think a steak should be. However, my porterhouse was not so great for a forty some dollar steak. Tons of tendons/sinew that couldn't even be cut with a steak knife. Felt like I had to leave half of it behind. Second time here and I'd have to say it's just ok. Building is pretty old and needs some work. For $175 a couple, I personally prefer Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerAnnapolisRoseDined on 8/30/2014We each had the petite filet oscar style. The beef was tender and amazing, the crab meat was flavorful and the asparagus was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuckeyesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service!!! Was our favorite restaurant in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Traditional fine dinig2GeezersDined on 8/26/2014Very generous portions of well-presented food. A little dear, but worth it. Knowledgeable staff; a little slow to start, but picks up to prompt.Special Features:
- Lewnes is Always GoodcshovestulDined on 8/24/2014It was a great dinner. My son's 23rd bday celebration. He now claims this is his favorite restaurant. Steaks were fabulous.Special Features:
- Fair NightAnnapolisdine1Dined on 8/23/2014Food was cool upon arrival and time to receive entrees was delayed as compared to appetizers. Drinks were excellent and served timely however water only refilled once at end of meal, disappointing as had heard rave reviews. Maybe an off night
- Best Steak!JessSadDined on 8/22/2014I had the best steak of my life. All the sides were great too, especially creamed spinach. Not one complaint. I could've cut my filet with a butter knife. Much better than Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Not Fine DiningFineDineDined on 8/22/2014I have been to several fine dining restaurants, so I know what I am talking about. Lewnes' was probably good 20 years ago, but not anymore. I had lamb chops and two of the three were not eatable. They tasted like the meat had gone bad. Everything else was very good, except for our waiter taking a very long time to take our orders. My money could have been better spent at several other places instead of Lewnes'
- Romantic dinneramuniz912VIPDined on 8/22/2014I loved this steakhouse and I will definitely go back! We went for my husband's birthday and they gave us a complimentary dessert. Nick (I think that was his name), the waiter, was excellent and very kind. My husband got the prime rib and he said it was the best prime rib he ever had (and that's a lot coming from him haha). Anyways, overall outstanding!Special Features:
- Mrs.2eatoutisfunDined on 8/19/2014Well known and appreciated restaurant. So happy to see downstairs seating as I cannot do stairs anymore. Really outstanding steak. Others at our table had lobster-- excellent and tuna- fantastic. This restaurant prepares everything they offer extremely well. Wait staff is helpful and very competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTFRANDined on 8/18/2014i HAVE EATEN IN LEWNES' FOR YEARS. THE STEAKS ARE THE BEST . THE SERVICE PERFECT.I TAKE CUSTOMER'S TO LEWNES' A FEW TIMES A YEAR. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SORRY.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our recent visit could best be described as mediocre. The server was polite and professional, perhaps a bit lacking in enthusiasm. The appetizer and martins were the highlight of the meal, steaks were not as flavorful as our last visit. As we have family members in the restaurant business, and know how hard servers usually work to earn their gratuities , we left a $40.00 tip on a $130.00 bill. On our way out we were completely ignored by our server and other employees milling about the front. I doubt we will return.
- Veal chopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I found the veal chop rather tasteless and very underwhelming for $35. Creamed spinach - watery! Mashed potatoes - no body, thin and soupy. Overall, an underwhelming meal... I did not complain since I brought a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law for a birthday celebration and did not want to ruin their evening. Nice atmosphere, but overpriced and disappointing.
- WilliamskieferVIPDined on 8/15/2014First, let me say, we love Lewnes. We have been coming here for many years because the steaks are perfect and we like the servers. Not so much this past Friday night on the steaks. They were just warm when served and they were not seared on the top like they usually are. The service was very slow but didn't appear to be that busy. I'm not sure what happened, but we will be back to see if this was an anomoly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingEllyDined on 8/14/2014Not big meat eaters but when we want a splurge, no place better to go. Food is awesome, wine list top notch and service perfect. Roasted oysters are not on the menu but when my daughter inquired, preparing them for her was a no-brainer. Lewnes' - not to be missedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningDeeliciousDined on 8/4/2014We were looking for a quiet steak house to have a "last" meal with our family and this was perfect. Quiet, super comfortable booths, excellent service, perfectly prepared foods and even a present of a yummy brownie/ice cream/whipped cream confection for dessert made this worth the drive and the cost! We each had a different type of steak and all thought ours was the best. The generous portions also made for great leftovers the next day. Thanks for a memorable eveningSpecial Features: