401 Fourth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lewnessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 4102631617x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Lester Snowden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms are available upon request. Private dining menus, room configurations, and special requests can be organized with managers over the phone or on location.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Miguez 4102631617x
- Cross Street: Severn Avenue
- Public Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available and a public parking lot is located catty corner from the restaurant. Only a short walk from historic downtown Annapolis; cross the Eastport bridge, take a left at the stop light, and the restaurant is on the corner two blocks down.
A word from Lewnes' SteakHouse
The Lewnes family has been in the food business since 1921. Lewnes' Steakhouse opened in 1994, specializing in USDA prime beef and exquisite seafood dishes. With its high back booths, low-lit ambiance and a waitstaff that is dedicated to first class service, Lewnes' is the premier spot for special occasions or private dining. Lewnes' boasts a Wine Spectator "Best of Award of Excellence" award winning wine list with over 450 wine selections to pair with your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lewnes' SteakHouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Lewnes' SteakHouse reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (92)notable wine list (75)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (17)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- BuckeyesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service!!! Was our favorite restaurant in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Traditional fine dinig2GeezersDined on 8/26/2014Very generous portions of well-presented food. A little dear, but worth it. Knowledgeable staff; a little slow to start, but picks up to prompt.Special Features:
- Lewnes is Always GoodcshovestulDined on 8/24/2014It was a great dinner. My son's 23rd bday celebration. He now claims this is his favorite restaurant. Steaks were fabulous.Special Features:
- Fair NightAnnapolisdine1Dined on 8/23/2014Food was cool upon arrival and time to receive entrees was delayed as compared to appetizers. Drinks were excellent and served timely however water only refilled once at end of meal, disappointing as had heard rave reviews. Maybe an off night
- Best Steak!JessSadDined on 8/22/2014I had the best steak of my life. All the sides were great too, especially creamed spinach. Not one complaint. I could've cut my filet with a butter knife. Much better than Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Romantic dinneramuniz912VIPDined on 8/22/2014I loved this steakhouse and I will definitely go back! We went for my husband's birthday and they gave us a complimentary dessert. Nick (I think that was his name), the waiter, was excellent and very kind. My husband got the prime rib and he said it was the best prime rib he ever had (and that's a lot coming from him haha). Anyways, overall outstanding!Special Features:
- Mrs.2eatoutisfunDined on 8/19/2014Well known and appreciated restaurant. So happy to see downstairs seating as I cannot do stairs anymore. Really outstanding steak. Others at our table had lobster-- excellent and tuna- fantastic. This restaurant prepares everything they offer extremely well. Wait staff is helpful and very competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BESTFRANDined on 8/18/2014i HAVE EATEN IN LEWNES' FOR YEARS. THE STEAKS ARE THE BEST . THE SERVICE PERFECT.I TAKE CUSTOMER'S TO LEWNES' A FEW TIMES A YEAR. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SORRY.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our recent visit could best be described as mediocre. The server was polite and professional, perhaps a bit lacking in enthusiasm. The appetizer and martins were the highlight of the meal, steaks were not as flavorful as our last visit. As we have family members in the restaurant business, and know how hard servers usually work to earn their gratuities , we left a $40.00 tip on a $130.00 bill. On our way out we were completely ignored by our server and other employees milling about the front. I doubt we will return.
- Veal chopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I found the veal chop rather tasteless and very underwhelming for $35. Creamed spinach - watery! Mashed potatoes - no body, thin and soupy. Overall, an underwhelming meal... I did not complain since I brought a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law for a birthday celebration and did not want to ruin their evening. Nice atmosphere, but overpriced and disappointing.
- WilliamskieferVIPDined on 8/15/2014First, let me say, we love Lewnes. We have been coming here for many years because the steaks are perfect and we like the servers. Not so much this past Friday night on the steaks. They were just warm when served and they were not seared on the top like they usually are. The service was very slow but didn't appear to be that busy. I'm not sure what happened, but we will be back to see if this was an anomoly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstandingEllyDined on 8/14/2014Not big meat eaters but when we want a splurge, no place better to go. Food is awesome, wine list top notch and service perfect. Roasted oysters are not on the menu but when my daughter inquired, preparing them for her was a no-brainer. Lewnes' - not to be missedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningDeeliciousDined on 8/4/2014We were looking for a quiet steak house to have a "last" meal with our family and this was perfect. Quiet, super comfortable booths, excellent service, perfectly prepared foods and even a present of a yummy brownie/ice cream/whipped cream confection for dessert made this worth the drive and the cost! We each had a different type of steak and all thought ours was the best. The generous portions also made for great leftovers the next day. Thanks for a memorable eveningSpecial Features:
- Special occasionBabsDined on 8/2/2014We came to celebrate with friend. Food was OK, service very good, a bit pricey but good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lotsa Love for LewnesLoveWineDined on 8/2/2014Great food and top professional service. Wine list is excellent and prices are high but reasonable. Ambience is classic steakhouse: dark and well-appointed but not loud. Only issue is parking - not a lot of street parking and no private lot, that said - it's worth any walk you might have to make.Special Features:
- exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014Always a great romantic evening and a great place to take goof friends. Try the lobster!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal, just priceyWyecrabberDined on 7/26/2014a party of four, with two getting the filet and the others the tuna. A nice place to celebrate a special occassion. Be prepared to drop some $$$$, there are other restaurants in town that offer a better value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014this place would be 5 stars if there was any kind of view. In order for a 5 star dining experience in a town like Annapolis a place needs to have a great view if not on near the water.Special Features:
- Nice, but not equal to price.BirthdayGirlDined on 7/19/2014We went to Lewnes for my birthday. For what their prices are, we thought the food was going to be amazing. It was good, but not for the price we paid. The server was nice, but did not wow us either. There are other places in Annapolis we would rather spend the money.Special Features:
- Lewnes' never disappoints!elewis1234VIPDined on 7/19/2014We've been coming to Lewnes SteakHouse for the past 10 years and always enjoy a consistently delicious meal. The food isn't fancy, but it's cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurantwilliamsdl58VIPDined on 7/18/2014even though it is a 90 minute drive from home, Lewnes is our favorite restaurant. We always go there for special occasions. We even make up a special occasion reason to justify going, especially if we have not been there in awhile. The service is aways top-notch and the food cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Best steak in Annapolis areaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2014Great service by our waiter John. Extensive serious wine list with offerings to please high and low budgets. Steak cooked to perfection, mashed potatoes were a little "soupy". Better steak and wine than the well know chain steakhouse down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak PlaceSevernaDined on 7/17/2014Probably the best steak you can get in the greater Baltimore area, but raid your piggy bank before you go because this place is expensive. Great for special occasions. Excellent wine list but prices are multiples of retail cost. All part of the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak of my lifeDaDuckyDudeDined on 7/16/2014Took my wife here for our 10th wedding anniversary, couldn't have picked a better location! The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, the ambiance wado perfect. We will definitely return in the future for special occasions. Just make sure to take your wallet, you get what you pay for and this one isn't cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingTinaMarieDined on 7/14/2014They need valet parking. Such an elegant restaurant, BUT NOTHING in the way of parking. I personally would have paid extra to have some park the car. It was pouring rain that night.Special Features:
- Great steaks and serviceSskensingtonVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great local gourmet place for steaks. Our service was great as was the steak and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable wedding anniversarySquireRichardDined on 7/11/2014Mashed potatoes - better than grandma's! Creamed spinach - to die for! Steak - cooked to perfection. Lamb chops --- must have been a BIG lamb --- meaty & tender. Only disappointment: Had hoped Charlie would perform Ave Maria at our table!Special Features:
- Food needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014Great staff, good drinks from the bar. Great wine list. Food not up to par. Steaks not cooked properly (they were done Chicago style, burnt on outside raw in the inside) not a good cut of meat for ribeye, was obviously an end cut which I was not expecting from a place that serves prime rib as well. wife had the filet mignon which lacked seasoning and was charred, tasted burnt. Sides - mash potatoes were soupy...so pureed they were watery and no flavor; asparagus cooked properly, but no real flavor; mushrooms roasted in the oven and okay Was our anniversary and they brought us a desert on the house, which was a nice touch, but not the desert my wife was planning on for our anniversary and they never asked... Desert was okay...Special Features:
- The service is perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Lewnes is a perfect place to celebrate an anniversary or birthday. The food is always cooked perfectly . And the wait staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable and help you understand the menu and wine.Special Features:
- Annapolis TraditionFrancesVIPDined on 7/3/2014The best beef steak anywhere. Also the best tuna steak. The Lewnes family have maintained this goldmine of a restaurant for years and they have found the best receipe for the perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Good steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Nice place that has terrific service. Bar and wait staff were very accommodating and professional. All steaks were cooked as ordered. The bread served was okay, good be heated up more and have a better crust on it ( too soft ). I had the lamb chops which were good but not stellar, a rack of lamb instead might be a better option. The big negative was the wine list that should have a better selection of more affordable bottles. The cheapest was $60.00 and goes up pretty fast. Despite that sticker shock, we would still recommend Lewnes, just have a bottle of wine at home ready when you return!Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Based on reviews and recommendations from others, we chose Lewne's as the location for my son's "last supper" before he entered the Naval Academy. The food was great and the wait staff very accommodating and personable. She was well aware of the occasion and went out of her way to set my son's mind at ease. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks and fishBrianDined on 6/29/2014Already known for its steaks, Lewnes also did a fab job on the yellowfin tuna. Veggie sides were also very good, and service over the top.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014I wanted to try a "different" steakhouse and I was very disappointed. The food was at best average, and the service even worse. The parking situation was very poor as well. I should have gone across the street to Ruth Chris.
- One109VIPDined on 6/26/2014As always great food.....Lewnes has the BEST steaks ever....they are always cooked to perfection... Whenever we are in Annapolis we always go to Lewnes for dinner....Good job....Special Features:
- reviewSteveDined on 6/21/2014Outstanding everything. The only drawback was the table that was in the traffic pattern for the restrooms.Special Features:
- Out of this world serviceGoodHooksDined on 6/17/2014The steaks are second to none, outstanding wine list, and the servers are very knowledgable and professional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Father's day was the second time that my husband and I have eaten at Lewnes, and each time we have had an excellent dining experience. My husband is still raving about the food, atmosphere, and excellent customer service. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014Excellent food and service. The steaks were top quality and cooked perfectly. In a more quiet neighborhood an easy walk from the main street scene of Annapolis. My only negative was the classic steakhouse decor; it was a little dark for a beautiful summer evening in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritejoanDined on 6/8/2014We love Lewnes. It is our go-to restaurant for special occasions. Fantastic sides as well as entrees.Special Features: