404 - 1851 Sirocco Dr, SW
Calgary, AB T3H 4R5Neighborhood:
Aspen / Strathcona / West Springs
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levilla.ca/
- Phone: 4032179699x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Friday 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Friday & Saturday 4:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Chuk
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Thompson 4032179699x
LeVilla's enclosed patio is an ideal venue for private parties or quaint celebrations. Boasting a wood-burning stone fireplace, heated tile floors and surrounding windows, diners have the opportunity to enjoy Calgary's diverse seasons year round.
LeVilla provides diners with a menu focusing on North American cuisine, with French and Asian influence. With a remarkable reputation for his grilled meats, Chef Rick Chuk features AAA Certified Angus Beef in a variety of cuts, along with other enticing dishes. Our extensive wine list gives patrons endless options to compliment their meal. The LeVilla family takes pride in continuing to provide diners with a true Canadian experience.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
- Excellent and reliableAuntvictoriaDined on 10/28/2014LaVilla maintains its reputation for excellent food and service in a very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentMacBobDined on 10/28/2014LeVilla is a neighbourhood gem. Food quality is very good and always consistent. LeVilla menu selection from appetizers, salads/soup and entrees is very good. Generally the service is very good with waiters being attentive. We would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!EatHereDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant always delivers top quality food and is always consistent. Fresh quality ingredients and amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karlDined on 10/17/2014Bison short ribs were great. Best mashed potatoes I've had at A restaurant. Ravioli was great too, good food overall, it was a good place to bring a date to. Romantic atmosphere, I would rate 9/10 easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchWillreturnDined on 10/15/2014All of our guests gave rave reviews about the food. The server was friendly, responsive and right on the mark. The ambiance is lovely with the fire place....a wonderful evening on a cool fall night. You can count on LeVilla to meet and exceed expectations.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBeMyValeDineDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went for Thanksgiving dinner with my dad who is 90 years old and his girlfriend who is 82. We were placed in the indoor/outdoor dining area that made you feel like you were outside in a backyard but still in the restaurant. You could see the beautiful tress and when the window were open you can smell the fresh air. The food and service was excellent and we will come back again.Special Features:
- not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014I expect better for the price. The vegetables were cold and the potatoes were raw. The steak was good.
- Family diningCloudDined on 10/8/2014Goat cheese salad was poorly done. Too little olive oil and too much vinegar. Goat cheese was soaked with vinegar and veges weren't crunchy. Shrimps in avocado salad didn't taste fresh. Main dishes were up to standard. Quite disappointed with the salads.Special Features:
- DmDCVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a great restaurant. I am a long time Open Table user and a frequent and long time diner at LeVilla but this is my first review of LeVilla (I am reluctant to share the good news - I'd hate to have too much trouble getting a reservation!). Our experience there has been consistent - excellent food, very good service, absolutely lovely setting. I keep going back because its so consistent. Couldn't recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amateurish at any priceSecretfoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Just 4 of us for dinner. Food as I remember was good. Service was very amateurish. Server was a nice young lady, but salads arrived before appy's, main courses arrived one order was wrong, and to top it off we had to wait a good 5 minutes for cutlery our food got cold. Yes cutlery. They ran out and where cleaning it. I was blown away. This is not an inexpensive place. Poor wine wine list and no sense of basic service. Had not been there for a couple of years and I remember why. Many other choice in the area.
- priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious, however the price was a bit exorbitant for the casual service we received. This place is definitely not set out for a romantic evening; we had to sit across from each other, as there was no place to sit side-by-side, which was disappointing.Special Features:
- Nearly empty for good reasonDisappointedDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant section was near empty and we were sat at a table directly under an air conditioning vent. We asked if it was possible to have it turned down and were told yes, nothing changed. Then we were told it couldn't be done and no offer was made to move us to another table. Starters, arrived cold not cool but cold. The kitchen prepared food and left it to sit before service. Quality was modest at best. The staff certainly had plenty of time to visit but no time to serve customers their food. I sent the food back, something I have not done in a restaurant in almost 2 years. The dishes were willingly replaced without problem. Main course Cesar salad was almost flavourless, lamb was fair. Will not be back. Price exceeded quality.
- A memorable eveningCochraneFoodieDined on 9/17/2014A special occasion - my sister's birthday, a visit from my brother and his wife from Ontario and a chance to spend some time with our 95 year old aunt was made even more special by our server who was just lovely. She even supplied us with a birthday dessert and a round of dessert wine. The food was great - from the prime rib to the steelhead trout. Just a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysFrankVIPDined on 9/13/2014One of our favorite restaurants. I like that you may bring your own wine. We brought a nice one from our cellar which paired really well with the Prawns with Spicy Peanut Sauce and the Beef Tenderloin with Peppercorn Sauce.Special Features:
- LeVilla always deliversscaricariDined on 9/13/2014We are regular customers at LeVilla and have never been disappointed with any dining experience we have had there. The food is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityDavidBDined on 9/12/2014LeVilla is a Calgary oasis amid a desert of chain restaurants. The menu is relatively short but sufficiently varied to please most palates. The service is consistently excellent. Also you can engage in conversation without intrusive "music" of other people's taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteCayaDined on 9/11/2014I have been dining at Le Villa for more than 10 years and it never dissappoints. The food and service are great, and the patio setting is very relaxing. It is my favorite restaurant both for informal and special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Patio SeatingCalgaryDinerDined on 8/30/2014Excellent restaurant when you sit in the patio areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We love this restaurant - the service is friendly and attentive, and the food is always excellent. A hidden gem in SW Calgary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallFooooodDined on 8/24/2014The atmosphere was great. Like the décor. Food were good quality and nicely prepared; just a little slow coming out. We waited almost 30 mins between the bread and the food we ordered. Warmed bread was excellent. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014We had a great time as always, we always come here for all of our special family occassions. The food was great right from the appy's to the entree's and desserts. They even made my dad a special drink for his birthday. Our server was awesome, put up with my dad's dry sense of humor and was entertaining and attentive. A really nice celabratory evening - thank you!Special Features:
- Lunch at LeVilla Aug. 22, 2014love2lunchDined on 8/22/2014This was my second time back. Same good service and food. Loved that we were not rushed to get out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodfoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Although this place is not cheap, it is well worth the price. We had bison meatballs for a starter and then shared Pan Fried Steelhead Trout (Seared Scallop, Citrus Hollandaise, Lobster Risotto, Arugula) along with the Pan Roasted Duck Breast (Balsamic-Orange Reduction, Mushroom Risotto, Vegetables). Highly recommend both. The Callebaut Mousse Tower (Wild Berry Compote) for dessert was also a winner. I found the pecan pie (chocolate and ice cream) only okay.Special Features:
- JimboDined on 8/16/2014We came for a special occasion. It was hard to make decisions for our meals as there are many appealing choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsfrequentDinerDined on 8/16/2014Le Villa is very convenient for us but even if it wasn't, we would come regularly. The standard of the food and service is always consistently great! Anytime we want an excellent evening of food and wine - and we're not looking to experiment - we come back to Le Villa. It's worth noting here that of the many great dishes served, the steaks are particularly excellent. Some of the staff know us now and we're always welcomed as return customers; however, even the staff who don't know us are welcoming and friendly in a way that always feels sincere. The restaurant doesn't benefit from any special outlooks or views but they manage to create an enjoyable and pleasing ambiance. Thanks to Brittany and the staff for creating this "local gem".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is greatLuv2dine80Dined on 8/14/2014We've lived in the area for years but just found out about this place....local gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieFamilyDined on 8/10/2014As always the food and service and over experience at LeVilla was excellent! Brunch, Lunch, Dinner - on the fly or for special occasions. It will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite "go to" spotFranamamaDined on 8/8/2014Our family and friends group has designated this little gem as our favourite go to spot for significant celebrations in our family life. The food is always exquisitely presented Nd delicious. Dietary restrictions are always accommodated with no fuss. Over all a constant in the good experience category on all levels!Special Features:
- Lunch at LeVillalove2lunchDined on 8/6/2014I read the reviews for the restaurant before going there for lunch. The biggest complaint was slow service. So I was pleasantly surprised that this was not the case. The waitress was attentive and checked on us regularly, without giving us the feeling of rushing us out the door. The food was fantastic. This is a place to go to when you would like to have a fine dining experience without being rushed. I found LeVilla was a refreshing change and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DavidBDined on 8/5/2014Outstanding and very reasonably priced for high quality food, beautifully presented and in a delightful setting.Special Features:
- Good FoodgoingoutDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and presentation. Service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAlexDined on 7/25/2014WOW, We did not know of this hidden gem close to our home until now. This place has excellent -- service and the food were outstanding. We will be going back again very soon. Everything we had was fantastic.Special Features:
- PashoshVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great place to meet up with friends and have a good dinner. Very lovely setup.Special Features:
- Great place for night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Good food enjoyed my date night with my husband. Although my husbands rib eye steak wasn't cooked to his desired temperature they made him a new one within less than 10 min which didn't bother us. Loved the indoor patio they have such nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotLkfoodieDined on 7/18/2014Have been there for dinner and went there for lunch. Nice and convenient. Staff attentive but not overbearing. Needed to switch the dressing on a salad, and that was no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodGoodtogo1Dined on 7/15/2014A great neighborhood restaurant with good service and a well thought through menu.Special Features:
- wineguyDined on 7/13/2014Unfortunately, my beef filet came to the table very over done. Asked for Meduim, got Well Done. The server offered to redo the steak, but I declined because I hate waiting while the other 3 members of our party are eating their meals; then I end up eating my meal by myself. Otherwise, our experience at LeVilla was good. The half price glass of wine on Sundays is a nice touch.Special Features:
- ServiceNatmDined on 7/9/2014The service was a bit slow. We waited a long time to get our drinks and food. The time between courses was long. The food itself was good.... But definitely would not say it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely local restaurantFlameDined on 7/9/2014Another pleasant evening at LeVilla. Our friend from out of town was impressed and good to see a restaurant not in the downtown area so busy during stampede!Special Features:
- DisappointedandoDined on 7/6/2014It was usually a good experience when I visited LeVilla. However, I cannot say the same for this visit when I brought my parents to the place. The 2 steak dishes which we had asked for medium rare, are served as close to well-done if not charbroiled and close to tasteless. The duck breast was also over-cooked which attached skin were burnt. The Lobster Bisque was also too salty. Won't visit again for a while.Special Features:
- The following 415 reviews are from the LeVilla Restaurant reviews archive.