633 North Saint Clair
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chicagomagnificentmile.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/Level-2-restaurant.html
- Phone: 3122744444x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Brunch: 11:30am-2pm (Saturday and Sunday Only)
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Andreas Bustamente
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Please contact the Restaurant General Manager 3122744444x
A word from Level Two
The Level Two Dining Room, Lounge, and Bar are open daily from 6:30 AM until 11:00 PM for your dining needs with the bar open untill midnight. Stop by to eat, drink, mingle and enjoy a menu featuring American regional cuisine with an equally impressive cocktail list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Level Two - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Level Two reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (10)good for groups (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good food and Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014It was a girls afternoon of shopping and that gave us an excuse to enjoy the wonderful brunch at Level II because we told ourselves that the calories would be walked off. The brunch had a lot of great dishes to try and we also took advantage of the omelet station. The food was amazing as was the ambience. We were not rushed which was good because it gave us time to enjoy the meal and the company. I highly recommend Level II for brunch and I will certainly return again.Special Features:
- Don't go unless staying at hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This would be an okay place if you're staying at the Hyatt but do not come here if you're just in the city. We found this place on Open Table because it was open for the number of people in our reservation but didn't know it was a hotel restaurant. It took us 40 minutes just to get our cocktails, then another hour for our food. One person in our party didn't get her food until all of us were finished eating because they forgot to cook it - and the server never came back to ask how we were doing. The food was just okay; nothing special. In all, I recommend against coming to this restaurant.
- Father's Day breakfast/brunchPubenthusiastDined on 6/15/2014We had 10 people for Father's Day brunch. We had to eat early (9:00) so officially it was breakfast and not brunch. Which means we missed the bloody mary bar. Boo hoo. But they still had a very nice buffet plus ordering from a wide area of choices including some healthy choices, off the breakfast menu. Food overall was pretty good, not spectacular. Very good coffee. Ambience is similar to a cafeteria, which detracts from the experience. Similar to one of those motel breakfast areas but on a larger scale. Service was good, our waiter was attentive.Special Features:
- Great bruch!mpkomoDined on 5/24/2014Have only been for brunch, but their buffet is great. Many good hot items, pastries and the requisite eggs/omelet station. I'd also highly recommend the build-your-own bloody mary/mimosa option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and SwitchLovetoeatDined on 5/11/2014We called twice to make and confirm a reservation only to arrive and be told that we would only receive the face value of the travel zoo voucher. Two people said, "Oh sorry, someone should have told you we were running this promotion today. ". Having paid $26 to park, we stayed. We only wanted the brunch, but had to choose an entree as well. The cost was $35 each, plus tax and tip, instead of the travel zoo voucher that promised brunch for two for $29. The service was fawning to the point of interrupting conversation. Plates were removed before we were even finished. The dessert selection was the best part of the meal. The restaurant was very open and modern. We have had better brunches, however, so I would not go back.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Good service and adequate selection. Price was very good as well.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Level Two reviews archive.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014Delicious mimosas included that you can customize with flavors like blood orange and lychee or bloody Mary's, if you prefer. Interesting choices such as seafood stew and pork belly, along with delicious eggs Benedict, omelettes, etc. desserts are fantastic!Special Features:
- Easter Brunchtb24Dined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch had an amazing array of items that were all very good. The price was a little high in my opinion, however, for Easter I suppose that can be expected. I would recommend this place as a great brunch buffet!Special Features:
- Great for a simple brunchjnddVIPDined on 4/13/2014They have a simple brunch with a cook making eggs fresh for you everything you needed for Sunday brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yazmine is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014The wait staff serviced our needs, and appropriately distanced herself to give our group room to conduct a lunch meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slightly odd layoutKPchicagoVIPDined on 3/27/2014This place basically feels like it is in a hallway, but the food was good and the server was attentive. It's new so they're working out the kinks. They had a live performer when I was there - a little awkward when there aren't many people in the place, but was nice to have entertainment. The sushi was half off 5-7 - awesome deal!! It was unique and tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt Hotel RestaurantMichluvs2dineVIPDined on 3/25/2014Nice experience for lunch and very attentive staff. Could enjoy a drink after work here. Not the most glamorous but a nice balanced wine list and menu can make for a good meeting point with friends or work associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageSurprisedDined on 3/23/2014Average food and average service. The choice of food items was a bit sparse. I thought it would have been waffles and more lunch items, but it wasn't. Its also not enclosed so people are walking by as you eat. Not ideal dining.
- Sunday in the Citymomof4Dined on 3/23/2014Had a nice raunch here- nothing over the top, just nice and service was great.Special Features:
- Great BrunchjnddVIPDined on 3/2/2014The brunch was great not a lot of choices but just enough and what they had was very well done and presented in a good fashion nice Sunday AM to spend with the familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome with "A"!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014Absolutely wonderful brunch spot! Exceptional food, service, staff, ambiance. .... the whole package!!!!! See ya next Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a findLaLaDined on 2/23/2014Went for bruch that included either mimosas or bloody mary bar. Great value and the servers are not stingy with the alcohol. You could get an omlete and single mimosa somewhere else for great food selection and unlimited drinks here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a very good brunchJvmurphDined on 2/23/2014This was a very good brunch with unlimited bloody mary and mimosa bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta love finding a discountChicagoMarkDined on 2/16/2014My partner and I tried the Level Two Sunday brunch with unlimited bloody mary and mimosa bars. We had a TRAVELZOO coupon for 2 for $25 which was half off so thought we'd venture into downtown to give a try. I thought the buffet was a bit limited as far as Sunday brunch goes. It did have an omelet station and great eggs benedict, but was surprised to not see any form of potato. The make-your-own bloody mary bar is a nice idea, except you find yourself waiting a very long time for your server to bring the vodka. If you're going to Level Two for the meal, remember that there's $12 in discounted valet you'll have to pay so be sure to factor that into the total cost. Overall, the brunch was nice, but not worth full price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for the moneyMelBDined on 2/16/2014great food with music and romance for a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter and Food Made it GreatLoveNewThingsDined on 2/14/2014Our food took awhile, but our waiter was great about it and we could tell that he was busy. We went for Valentine's Day which was expected to be busy. If we had any other waiter, our experience may have been very different but he was great at making up for the delayed food. Our food was very much worth the wait. The sushi, drinks, and entrees were phenomenal. This was our first Valentine's Day together and we would definitely consider visiting for future special occasions.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014This is tucked away on... Level Two... of the Hyatt. Their menu is nice and varied, but they are probably more suited for a nice brunch or lunch location than a dinner location. They do have nice entrees, but for the most part they have more brunch/lunch choices. Great drink too.Special Features:
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014Everything there was perfect. From our service, the food and drinks and ambiance made this experience fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone! They have half price sushi every day from 5-7pm. Their prices on everything else were pretty good for the Mag Mile. We had so limited budget but we were still able to order exactly what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation DisasterDISAPPOINTMENTDined on 12/21/2013The waiter was great, food was okay but the self-claimed manager was rude.Upon, arriving there, The so-called manager and two female workers started making rude insinuations. If the restaurant opens for brunch at 11:00AM, why would I make a reservation for 9:45 AM? Albeit, the manager claimed to be fully booked, there were still over 3 tables empty by the time we were seated at an uncomfortable area and up till the time we departed, those tables were still not occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchFAMILYFUNDined on 11/10/2013This is restaurant is great for Brunch for couple or group of four. It is very small but the food was good. We were there for my sister's birthday which included ten family members so we could not have Breakfast together but the services were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disapppointedstellaDined on 10/20/2013For a brunch on the Mag Mile I was disappointed. There was a skimpy selection of foods and those that were offered were not really the usual suspects. No scrambled eggs, french toast, pancakes or oatmeal...all of which are yummy crowd-pleasers at most brunches. Soup was offered and salmon, neither of which really appealed. They had a nice selection of nuts and toppings, but no yogurt or oatmeal to put them on so I am not sure what one was to do with them. The pastries were delicious and there was a beef stroganoff that was very tasty. The restaurant was nice and bright and wait sttaff was friendly. This buffet selection needs some tweaking.
- Great hotel foodsofiadujourVIPDined on 10/19/2013Delicious buffet brunch with unlimited bloodies and mimosas for $25! As a hotel guest this seems excessive but from a normal diner perspective (compared to other brunches in the area) it's a great deal.Gourmet and healthy salads, LAMB CHOPS, Bloody Mary bar, mimosas with multiple fruit purées...and many more. Also! Sushi happy hour from 5-7 (50% off). Not too many creative maki, but the fish is fresh- chefs sashimi platter is the best deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch-Bought a DealBrogDined on 10/19/2013I bought a deal for two to brunch and took a friend of mine for a fancy meal and shopping excursion. It was very enjoyable and the staff was super friendly. Valet parking was only $12 for dine-in. The Bloody Mary bar is a must do. The only downfall I came across was there wasn't enough food for vegetarians. We both are vegetarians, so I'd suggest that they add in a hot plate of Eggs Benedict without the ham bottom, or something like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At my server's recommendation,MCC7VIPDined on 9/22/2013At my server's recommendation, I had the linguini and it was delicious! Service (by Josh) was terrific.
- The food was superlative,BrentCVIPDined on 12/30/2012The food was superlative, and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- The Place was empty on a MondayScottVIPDined on 12/17/2012The Place was empty on a Monday night. We arrived at 7:30 p.m. and saw no other diners the entire evening. The menu and food was okay, but offered nothing particularly out of the ordinary. Staff was attentive, but we were the only guests.
- Food was disappointingKarenDined on 12/7/2012We were disappointed in the food at Caliterra. We decided to have an appetizer and salad as the menu was very limited and not appealing. The salads were fresh and enjoyable. We had the shrimp dish - warm shrimp over an icy salsa. The shrimp were good but the rest of the dish disappointing. Also ordered the edamamme humus. The flavor was off and it was very oily. We did not eat much of it.
- Very nice restaurant withCoreyDFVIPDined on 12/2/2012Very nice restaurant with great window views just a block away from the Magnificent Mile!Special Features:
- Hidden GemNancyVIPDined on 12/1/2012This has become one of our favorite restaurants. The service (our waiter was Tom this visit), the food & the atmosphere were perfection. We have been here on several occasions & have enjoyed it each time. They will be doing some remodeling in the future & may revamp the menu style. I hope the great quality & atmosphere continue remodeling is completed.Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012Food and service were outstanding. It was quiet because it was Thanksgiving evening so mostly just travelers I think.Special Features:
- never would have expectedbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 11/10/2012never would have expected this place to be as good as it was since its a hotel restaurant but food was amazing and service was great!Special Features:
- Will come againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012My husband and I stated at the Hyatt for our anniversary. We dinned at their restaurant and will definitely go again. As foodies, we pay close attention to detail. The food was perfect! Our waiter was extremely nice. Food: we had the roasted chicken- very moist and juicy. The rib eye steak was cooked very well and the chimichurri on top made everything delicious. The best dish there was the herbed risotto. A must try! Next time we go, we will definitely try their full lemon risotto. Drinks: their house sangria was so good we took some back up to the room. Their drinks are pricy but they don't skimp on the amount of liquor they put in. Just ask for little ice.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemNancyVIPDined on 10/12/2012Second time having dinner here. An all around great dining experience. The food, the service & the atmosphere were perfect. Becoming a favorite downtown restaurant.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2012We loved the food! Great portion sizes; perfectly seasoned. Only thing that would have made it better is if they had presented the birthday cake as discussed before my fiance' arrived.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereNancyVIPDined on 9/8/2012Delicious food, nice atmosphere, window seating or seating by an open kitchen,very slow service (one waitress for the entire restaurant the Saturday night that we were there), valet parking at The Capital Grille $12, nice bar area, expensive wine bottle prices.Special Features: