Level Small Plates Lounge
69 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Level Small Plates Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102680003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: Sunday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-11pm
Bar Hours: Friday-Saturday: 5pm-1am, Sun-Thurs 5pm-11pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5-7pm, limited to bar, cocktail room
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Level offers catering for events on and off. From the intimate by reserving our chef to cook and create for your private dinner, to the larger events catered for groups up to 250 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Level can accommodate private groups for dining, whether it be a wine or spirit paired dinner or simply reserving our large communal table for dinner.
- Private Party Contact: James Morrow 4102680003x
- Special Events: Level can host special group events from 10-157 persons. Wine & spirit paired dinners, holiday, corporate, and private parties can be hosted at Level, please inquire for special events at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Calvert
- Public Transit: Annapolis City Transit Bus Stop on corner of 69 West street & calvert street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On street parking or free private parking directly behind the restaurant in City Gate Lane parking lot. Open to the public from monday -friday from 6pm-8am and free all day saturdays and sundays.
A word from Level Small Plates Lounge
Level is an award winning locally sourced small plates restaurant and cocktail bar. Our food is regional modern comfort food that is designed to be shared. We partner with local maryland farms to source our meats, seafoods, and produce. We ensure fresh, local, sustainable efforts in our kitchen and bar. We handcraft all our cocktails using fresh squeezed juices, house made mixers, tonics, sodas, and fine spirits. We invite you to Eat. Drink. Socialize!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Level Small Plates Lounge - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Level Small Plates Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (73)hot spot (59)good for groups (54)special occasion (51)vibrant bar scene (44)romantic (31)late-night find (22)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Food!!!ChefandwifeDined on 9/27/2014We love this restaurant mostly for its farm to table menu. We have been here twice and have had a great experience each time. Each dish is better than the next. Amazingly simple and fresh ingredients are transformed into one of a kind delicious dishes. We really love to dissect the dishes and recreate at home. We will be back time and time again. This is definitely a place you don't order the same thing twice, except for the milk and cookies!Special Features:
- New Experienced8niteDined on 9/26/2014Being parents of a 4 year old, this was a nice place to go for a date night! Would love to try again esp once they switch the food for the new season!Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceBeppymckDined on 9/25/2014Our experience started with an excellent server who shared her knowledge of the menu. The mixologist started us off with a delicious cocktail of perfectly blended ingredients that seriously complemented our fantastic cheese plate. Since this is a small plate & flatbread restaurant the timing of the food is imperative and Carol our server managed it wonderfully. Although, I did notice that other servers were basically bringing all 4 dishes ordered at the same time to other tables, a big no no! From the brussel sprouts with honey and goat cheese, to the shrimp & grits with house cured bacon, and last but not least the house made gnocchi with pork ragout, these were all dishes that were throughly enjoyable and recommendable. We will return!Special Features:
- Anniv. DinnerAnniversaryDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I came in for our anniversary and as I checked above, the food was great and the ambiance was perfect, but it looks like we got there on an off night for service. We ordered 2 glasses of wine and an appetizer right away. We received the appetizer and finished it before our glasses came. They came, and 40 minutes passed until my wife had to stop the waitress in her tracks to see if we could order a second glass and our main dishes. A hopeful 1 hour dinner turned in 2 hours +. It wont stop us from coming again, just maybe on a slower night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spend hard earned money elsewhereAbeFrohmanDined on 9/24/2014I wouldn't recommend Level as particularly good at anything but the "niche market" of organics/locals and even then just to get you in the door. We found the "small plates" menu lacking so much that 2/3 of us couldn't find any one thing in ANY category that we were certain we were interested in trying. We received an appetizer we didn't order (in place of one that we did that went SOMEWHERE else) and the markup on wine was offensive. The service was...in a word......smug. Just overall a really lousy experience. I remember when they were Chesapeake Mediterranean" and that fusion was almost sushi-like and the offerings were vast and decadent. I guess that didn't pay because this was a sham. Maybe "eco-friendly and renewable", but still lousy.
- ForgtNamesIUsedForgtNamesIUsedVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food was good. Small plates, a bit bigger than tapas. It was pleasant, not spectacular. I'd certainly go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Plates, BIG TastecryshelvisDined on 9/20/2014We had the BEST time at LEVEL. Food was outstanding. It arrived quickly, piping hot, and was just...outstanding. The scallops were particularly noteworthy, as was the shrimp and grits. And the flatbreads were a total surprise. A lot of love and attention goes into the food and drinks here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place, very good foodjenatthebeachDined on 9/19/2014Went to Level Small Plates for a family dinner. Staff was nice enough to move our reservation back one hour. Service was very good -- attentive and helpful. Food was yummy, especially the flat bread pizzas. Loved the corn risotto. Restaurant was a bit noisy but not a problem. Great, fun atmosphere -- really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!MmfdcVIPDined on 9/18/2014Just gets better at Level in Annapolis - ambiance is super, food delicious and service great. Get the seared steak - awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love eating here!DanaDined on 9/18/2014I love this place!! The menu changes depending on the season and utilizes local farmers and suppliers. The small plates concept makes it easy to try a variety of different dishes w/out busting your budget. It also makes for an awesome group dining experience. Sometimes a plate comes out that's mediocre (but never bad/horrible), but more often than not the dishes are delicious. And love, love, love the handmade made cocktails - always yummy and unique. The service is excellent too. It can get a little loud, which can sometimes make conversation a challenge. But if you find yourself in Annapolis, this place should definitely be on your "must try" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasture raised meats; local veggieshealthfullyDined on 9/15/2014I had the Korean spicy rib, the special seared salmon filet, and fresh greens salad (x2), and everything was absolutely delicious: cooked and seasoned to perfection, simply melt-in-your mouth delicious. I will go back there without a doubt in the next few days during my one-week stay in Annapolis. It is the only restaurant in town that serves only pasture raised meats, sustainably harvested fish and seafood, and locally grown veggies. The only unfortunate point, in my view, is that almost all of the menu items are not suitable for low-carb eaters without exclusions or modifications. On the other hand, the things I had were so good that I would have them every night for the next 4 nights without any hesitation.Special Features:
- food consistently amazingamooreVIPDined on 9/13/2014Bison sliders with pimento cheese perfectly balanced, burger juicy yet not greasy, could've used more lettuce and tomatoe, but otherwise perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, but loudChugsDined on 9/4/2014Imaginative menu supporting local farms. We had a good meal, but it was very noisy - a bit difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Fresh Approach to DiningtxukskiDined on 8/30/2014Level offers many small plates so you can try many different things and not feel stuffed. They also had great beer and wine pairings.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful timeHealthyDinerDined on 8/26/2014Went here on a date and neither of us had been. We had a great time. Very tasty food with very well portioned "small plates." I will definitely be going back and I most certainly will be having my next event here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSheesh2900Dined on 8/26/2014We did an Urbanspoon search and stumbled upon Level. It had a 91% rating so we thought we'd check it out. So glad we did. Our server, Crystal, was fantastic. The food was delicious. There was a group of four of us and we shares several plates including the corn risotto, margarita pizza and tuna tartare which were our favorites. Don't skip dessert! We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife's 70th BDHowieDined on 8/25/2014Reasonably priced, nice setting, had 6 dishes and all were delicious. Were celebrating my wife's 70th birthday with two days in Annapolis at the Historic Maryland Inn. Easy walk to restaurant. The food was so good, we had another entree for dessert--an excellent dessert with a Birthday candle in it. I recommend it to all people who like intresting food dishes with unique and satisfying tastes. We'll be back!! HNRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodie find in AnnapolisDCStevenDined on 8/23/2014Hidden among the tourist traps of Annapolis is this small-plates gem: inventive food, fantastic beer offerings and friendly service. The by-the-glass wine list isn't as extensive or interesting as you might expect in a place like this, but that's about the only fault I can find in this special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ReturnAmbienceVIPDined on 8/21/2014This is my second review for Level. It was our second visit. Loved it as much as the first time. Took a new couple with us and they loved it, too. Great menu, food, service and drinks. Love the farm to table concept with food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Young & freshJewelryladyDined on 8/19/2014Food in small plates. Great for group that likes to share and do tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionsTrishalVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was the first time we went back since they changed the menu from Spring options to Summer options. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dishes. I ordered the Sweet Pea ravioli, which I can honestly say is the best ravioli I have eaten to date! My wife had the seared steak, which she liked, but she was jealous of my ravioli. We love their home made ginger-ale, which has a slight grape-fruit like finish, but tastes very fresh. For dessert we also had the honey-clove ice cream, which I wished was stronger on the clove aspect, but otherwise was a great ice cream in a city full of ice cream joints.Special Features:
- Always a winner.KayJayDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Level a number of times and it's always a great dining experience. It's great to have such fresh, local food served in creative ways. Every time we have been, we've been seated on time and in the section requested. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and never over-bearing. Save room for dessert because it's always an outstanding selection.Special Features:
- Best in AnnapolisReviewReaderDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time. Excited to share the experience with friends. We took another couple for dinner after a day on the boat. Great decision! The place was busy but seemed to be running smoothly. We were seated right away upstairs. Happy to see upstairs was as attractive as the first floor. We ordered mostly seafood dishes. They were all so so good. Each couple ordered four plates to share. It was plenty. Each dish was a delicious blend of ingredients. The service from friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- 30th birthday dinnerHeatherHDined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband here for his 30th birthday dinner. Truly-that's all he wanted to do. Level did not disappoint. Everything was delicious-from the cocktails, to the appetizers, to the octopus salad special & our favorite--fried Brussels sprouts with hot honey & goat cheese. The entire meal was fantastically delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be here again!NumNumDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing! I had the Brussels sprouts, crab and corn risotto, and oyster flatbread. My husband had the bison sliders and Korean ribs. Each dish was very unique in flavor, and it just worked for each dish. Brussels sprouts with honey and goat cheese? Yes! Husband even ate them and loved it! I'd say about 4 plates is plenty for two (we had 5). The server was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. The only (minor) negative point I will say relating to Open Table, was that we mentioned our anniversary in our reservation and there was no mention at all of it at Level, whereas at our other evening at a different restaurant, it was very much incorporated into the night. That being said, the food will keep us coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!bettylevDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I had dinner and drinks here this past Satuday for the first time. It was GREAT!!! Everything about it - it was within walking distance of our hotel, lively atmosphere without being too noisy, delicious food and great drinks! Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks and made perfect recommendations. Plus she had a great personality! The 'small plates' had very generous portions. We shared 3 plates - beet salad, ribs, and rockfish. Plenty of food with room for dessert - chocolate banana bread pudding! I can't say enough good things about our experience - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceBrianDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I took an Adhoc weekend vacation to Annapolis and found this little spot. The bar section and dinning section is separate but flows nicely. We loved the fact that the specials are always changing based on the ingredients. We ordered the Sweet Pea Raviolis, Crab & Corn Risotto, Shrimp and Grits, and a few specials. Every dish was perfectly balanced! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone out in AnnapolisSpecial Features:
- OutstandingAmbienceVIPDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our granddaughter's birthday here. It was a great decision. Everyone in our party of 5 was very happy. Wonderful, large tapas and unique cocktails. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in AnnapolisguestislandDined on 8/8/2014Great spot, we got seats right next to the wall of doors that opens onto the street. The food was great- the best was probably the tuna tartare- and the portions weren't annoyingly small like most tapas places. Angels & demons was the best tequila cocktail I've had in a long time. Definitely the best place I've been in Annapolis and I'll go back every time I'm in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a group!redrobotDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 8 and it was perfect - Great variety and nice portions. Brussel sprouts are to die for! Cocktails and wine list were great as well. A great dining experience!Special Features:
- What are you waiting for?MDRubesDined on 7/27/2014'Level' was a fantastic experience. On our first visit we were very impressed. Creative cocktails to start--I had "Angels & Demons," a creative, brightly-colored Tequila-based cocktail with a Habanero bite to it. Fantastic. For you foodies who like creative, off-the-beaten-path menu items will love the small plates approach because you'll get a taste of lots of different items, all prepared from select organic farms, most local if I'm not mistaken. As a double date, after our cocktails we ordered 4 small plates and a flatbread and passed them around until the bowls/plates were literally scraped clean. The dessert was equally delicious--chocolate banana bread pudding with a rum-something sauce--home run! Summary: Go. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- captaincloverleafDined on 7/27/2014Best cocktail menu ever, love small plates and the ability to taste many different things. Most pleasant wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, would visit againDaveinbaltoDined on 7/20/2014Went there for my father's birthday, the small plates were flavorful and big enough, my kids were accepted, (they don't always sit still perfectly), the food was fantastic the service was fantastic would definitely try again to see what's new on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.TapasloverDined on 7/19/2014The meal was great from start to finish. Bursting with flavor and freshness - a real find.Special Features:
- Always Happy to Dine at LevelsRickVIPDined on 7/19/2014It is difficult to say nice how a of place Levels is. Every time we go we are taken aback by the quality of the experince. The "Olde Annapolis" ambiance, the expertly prepared and presented dishes and the great waitstaff (this evening we were taken care of by Sean - most helpful with menu choices and an budding sommelier.) Go. Period.Special Features:
- Great Food!NickDined on 7/19/2014Great service, great food. Clearly supports local farms...not clear if products are GMO free or organic. Acoustics were terrible. There was a large party at the bar and although we were seated as far from it as we could be table conversation with our guests was very difficult. Not sure what could be done about that but thought you should know.Special Features:
- Perfect splurgeIheartyummyDined on 7/18/2014I have had two flawless dining experiences with Level. The food is insanely delicious, the drinks are unique and heavenly, the service is spot-on, and the atmosphere is comfortable and contempory. Pricing is reasonable but it's easy to get carried away ordering. I really do love this place. It's now my go-to for any special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Thanks for the great happy hour drinks and snacks, as well as, an amazing dinner!Special Features:
- Local food and charmLyssAndDaveDined on 7/13/2014Date night was fantastic thanks to this local gem! We love Annapolis and Level was a great place to eat and drink😁. They support the local farmers/businesses and have very creative cocktails & small plates. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightClivebigsbyDined on 7/12/2014Level is a nice spot to hit for a classy date night. The service was excellent and our waitress knew the menu very well. She made some great dinner and drink recommendations. We had a couple drinks and shared 4 small plates and left satisfied. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.