Level Small Plates Lounge
69 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Level Small Plates Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102680003x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: Sunday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-11pm
Bar Hours: Friday-Saturday: 5pm-1am, Sun-Thurs 5pm-11pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5-7pm, limited to bar, cocktail room
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Level offers catering for events on and off. From the intimate by reserving our chef to cook and create for your private dinner, to the larger events catered for groups up to 250 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Level can accommodate private groups for dining, whether it be a wine or spirit paired dinner or simply reserving our large communal table for dinner.
- Private Party Contact: James Morrow 4102680003x
- Special Events: Level can host special group events from 10-157 persons. Wine & spirit paired dinners, holiday, corporate, and private parties can be hosted at Level, please inquire for special events at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Calvert
- Public Transit: Annapolis City Transit Bus Stop on corner of 69 West street & calvert street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On street parking or free private parking directly behind the restaurant in City Gate Lane parking lot. Open to the public from monday -friday from 6pm-8am and free all day saturdays and sundays.
A word from Level Small Plates Lounge
Level is an award winning locally sourced small plates restaurant and cocktail bar. Our food is regional modern comfort food that is designed to be shared. We partner with local maryland farms to source our meats, seafoods, and produce. We ensure fresh, local, sustainable efforts in our kitchen and bar. We handcraft all our cocktails using fresh squeezed juices, house made mixers, tonics, sodas, and fine spirits. We invite you to Eat. Drink. Socialize!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Level Small Plates Lounge - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Level Small Plates Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (48)hot spot (45)good for groups (42)vibrant bar scene (37)romantic (32)notable wine list (19)late-night find (18)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Young & freshJewelryladyDined on 8/19/2014Food in small plates. Great for group that likes to share and do tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great optionsTrishalVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was the first time we went back since they changed the menu from Spring options to Summer options. We both thoroughly enjoyed our dishes. I ordered the Sweet Pea ravioli, which I can honestly say is the best ravioli I have eaten to date! My wife had the seared steak, which she liked, but she was jealous of my ravioli. We love their home made ginger-ale, which has a slight grape-fruit like finish, but tastes very fresh. For dessert we also had the honey-clove ice cream, which I wished was stronger on the clove aspect, but otherwise was a great ice cream in a city full of ice cream joints.Special Features:
- Always a winner.KayJayDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Level a number of times and it's always a great dining experience. It's great to have such fresh, local food served in creative ways. Every time we have been, we've been seated on time and in the section requested. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and never over-bearing. Save room for dessert because it's always an outstanding selection.Special Features:
- Best in AnnapolisReviewReaderDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time. Excited to share the experience with friends. We took another couple for dinner after a day on the boat. Great decision! The place was busy but seemed to be running smoothly. We were seated right away upstairs. Happy to see upstairs was as attractive as the first floor. We ordered mostly seafood dishes. They were all so so good. Each couple ordered four plates to share. It was plenty. Each dish was a delicious blend of ingredients. The service from friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- 30th birthday dinnerHeatherHDined on 8/16/2014I brought my husband here for his 30th birthday dinner. Truly-that's all he wanted to do. Level did not disappoint. Everything was delicious-from the cocktails, to the appetizers, to the octopus salad special & our favorite--fried Brussels sprouts with hot honey & goat cheese. The entire meal was fantastically delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be here again!NumNumDined on 8/15/2014The food was amazing! I had the Brussels sprouts, crab and corn risotto, and oyster flatbread. My husband had the bison sliders and Korean ribs. Each dish was very unique in flavor, and it just worked for each dish. Brussels sprouts with honey and goat cheese? Yes! Husband even ate them and loved it! I'd say about 4 plates is plenty for two (we had 5). The server was very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. The only (minor) negative point I will say relating to Open Table, was that we mentioned our anniversary in our reservation and there was no mention at all of it at Level, whereas at our other evening at a different restaurant, it was very much incorporated into the night. That being said, the food will keep us coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!bettylevDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I had dinner and drinks here this past Satuday for the first time. It was GREAT!!! Everything about it - it was within walking distance of our hotel, lively atmosphere without being too noisy, delicious food and great drinks! Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks and made perfect recommendations. Plus she had a great personality! The 'small plates' had very generous portions. We shared 3 plates - beet salad, ribs, and rockfish. Plenty of food with room for dessert - chocolate banana bread pudding! I can't say enough good things about our experience - we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAmbienceVIPDined on 8/9/2014Celebrated our granddaughter's birthday here. It was a great decision. Everyone in our party of 5 was very happy. Wonderful, large tapas and unique cocktails. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in AnnapolisguestislandDined on 8/8/2014Great spot, we got seats right next to the wall of doors that opens onto the street. The food was great- the best was probably the tuna tartare- and the portions weren't annoyingly small like most tapas places. Angels & demons was the best tequila cocktail I've had in a long time. Definitely the best place I've been in Annapolis and I'll go back every time I'm in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a group!redrobotDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 8 and it was perfect - Great variety and nice portions. Brussel sprouts are to die for! Cocktails and wine list were great as well. A great dining experience!Special Features:
- What are you waiting for?MDRubesDined on 7/27/2014'Level' was a fantastic experience. On our first visit we were very impressed. Creative cocktails to start--I had "Angels & Demons," a creative, brightly-colored Tequila-based cocktail with a Habanero bite to it. Fantastic. For you foodies who like creative, off-the-beaten-path menu items will love the small plates approach because you'll get a taste of lots of different items, all prepared from select organic farms, most local if I'm not mistaken. As a double date, after our cocktails we ordered 4 small plates and a flatbread and passed them around until the bowls/plates were literally scraped clean. The dessert was equally delicious--chocolate banana bread pudding with a rum-something sauce--home run! Summary: Go. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- captaincloverleafDined on 7/27/2014Best cocktail menu ever, love small plates and the ability to taste many different things. Most pleasant wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, would visit againDaveinbaltoDined on 7/20/2014Went there for my father's birthday, the small plates were flavorful and big enough, my kids were accepted, (they don't always sit still perfectly), the food was fantastic the service was fantastic would definitely try again to see what's new on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal.TapasloverDined on 7/19/2014The meal was great from start to finish. Bursting with flavor and freshness - a real find.Special Features:
- Always Happy to Dine at LevelsRickVIPDined on 7/19/2014It is difficult to say nice how a of place Levels is. Every time we go we are taken aback by the quality of the experince. The "Olde Annapolis" ambiance, the expertly prepared and presented dishes and the great waitstaff (this evening we were taken care of by Sean - most helpful with menu choices and an budding sommelier.) Go. Period.Special Features:
- Great Food!NickDined on 7/19/2014Great service, great food. Clearly supports local farms...not clear if products are GMO free or organic. Acoustics were terrible. There was a large party at the bar and although we were seated as far from it as we could be table conversation with our guests was very difficult. Not sure what could be done about that but thought you should know.Special Features:
- Perfect splurgeIheartyummyDined on 7/18/2014I have had two flawless dining experiences with Level. The food is insanely delicious, the drinks are unique and heavenly, the service is spot-on, and the atmosphere is comfortable and contempory. Pricing is reasonable but it's easy to get carried away ordering. I really do love this place. It's now my go-to for any special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Thanks for the great happy hour drinks and snacks, as well as, an amazing dinner!Special Features:
- Local food and charmLyssAndDaveDined on 7/13/2014Date night was fantastic thanks to this local gem! We love Annapolis and Level was a great place to eat and drink😁. They support the local farmers/businesses and have very creative cocktails & small plates. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightClivebigsbyDined on 7/12/2014Level is a nice spot to hit for a classy date night. The service was excellent and our waitress knew the menu very well. She made some great dinner and drink recommendations. We had a couple drinks and shared 4 small plates and left satisfied. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small plates are bigtommygDined on 7/12/2014The menu choices were varied and interesting. Very knowledgeable waiter. Wine choices were somewhat limited but very good. Cocktail choices, however, were varied and abundent with many specialty drinks. The small plates were a little larger than we thought, and were stuffed after 2 small plates each. The garlic fries are a must, but enough for 4 people to share...Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!BroccoliVIPDined on 7/12/2014LOVE this restaurant! The food is incredibly delicious, and the drinks are quite inventive. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place! You can not go wrong ordering anything from the menu!Special Features:
- food highlight of the weekend!engravedonHishandsDined on 7/12/2014We were not disappointed when we decided to come here for dinner! My friend and I were on a short weekend trip and stumbled on this restaurant, drawn in by the simplicity and freshness of the menu. The presentation of food is part of the joy of eating and the flavors did not let me down! Nailed it on both accounts. And the way they brought the check is brilliance...if I was in the area, I would be sure and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbebabeVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent staff!!! Accomodated allergies. Exceptional bartender made delisheous margarita at the table.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantRollercoastermomDined on 7/11/2014Level is my favorite restaurant in Annapolis! The food and drinks are delicious and the service is great. Whenever we want to celebrate a special occasion, we go to Level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastickitchenpatrolDined on 7/10/2014Had read reviews and decided to pick this restaurant and it was awesome. Great atmosphere, attentive waitstaff, and fabulous fresh food. We ordered a variety of items including dessert and everything tasted excellent.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailIntelqubedVIPDined on 7/6/2014This is one of those restaurants that you just want to go into for a drink and a light snack even if you have other dinner plans and even if you are not even hungry. The place is pretty narrow, but if you find a seat at the bar, it will be fairly comfortable. They do have a pretty good wine list but what they do extremely well is craft cocktails. I recently had a Moscow Mule from here where they used their ginger beer to make it. It was an impressive showing. We also had their seared calamari and the food here never disappoints. The bartender / server was pretty engaging. Will definitely return to this restaurant for eats.Special Features:
- Went for July 4thbskkemoDined on 7/4/2014Had a great time at level. Have been meaning to go for a while and this was an excellent opportunity to eat and watch the parade and then hit annap spots! Will def come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip it!Nics29Dined on 7/3/2014We came here with our kids during a vacation. The restaurant is a hip, trendy place, and my husband was worried they wouldn't be accommodating to our kids. The staff was gracious and exceptionally kind. Even though there was no kids' menu, our boys loved the burger sliders. It was a wonderful meal: kid-friendly, yet delicious. Without kids, this place is perfect for a date night or just to sit at the bar! We'll definitely be back if in the area again!Special Features:
- Always has been. EnjoyableBirthday0210Dined on 7/1/2014Been going here since they opened. Food has been consistently good, service attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- A new repeat customerJess23Dined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is amazing. Staff is very attentive and knowledgable. Food was AMAZING!! We had the hand cut fries which were delicious and unique, loved the garlic and herbs they put on top. Bison sliders were awesome and scallops melt in your mouth. Looking forward to our next date night to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top "Level" for TapasMAKsDined on 6/28/2014Great "small plate" spot (although, small plates were generous). Scallops we're tad undercooked, but crab risotto is the BEST USE OF CRAB EVER! Great food - Great fun - Fabulous service. Go soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceunisphereroyDined on 6/27/2014We had a great table on the 2nd floor and really enjoyed the handcrafted cocktails. The tuna carpaccio was excellent as were the flatbreads. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great Find!willyvDined on 6/25/2014We have been here a few times now, the food never disappoints! The portions are just right, the drinks/wine list excellent!Special Features:
- On the Level...PsorconDined on 6/21/2014Innovative and quite good portions for "small plates" so we ordered more than we could handle (we took home most of the very good flatbread pizza". Tuna Tartar is a must as an accompaniment to the many hot plates.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates were plentyPrefer2forageDined on 6/18/2014Loved this place. Really excellent food, good service and lively fun atmosphere. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- great cocktails, great tapas,fun!LuluDined on 6/15/2014We always have a great time at Level and Father's Day was no exception. It was quieter than usual which made conversation easier. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backVeganloveDined on 6/4/2014Great place! Veg options. Service was great. Cool vibe. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014We loved the food here. Service was great. Reasonable prices. No complaints!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014I found this restaurant quite easily by searching for gluten free friendly menus on yelp. The food, service and ambiance were phenomenal. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated with a feeling of intimacy. Our waiter was attentkve, knowledgeable and fun. Everyone in my group had a great time and we all enjoyed the experience very much. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.