Level Small Plates Lounge
69 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Level Small Plates Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lannapolis.com/
- Phone: (410) 268-0003
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Menu: Sunday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm-11pm
Bar Hours: Friday-Saturday: 5pm-1am, Sun-Thurs 5pm-11pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 5-7pm, limited to bar, cocktail room
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Level offers catering for events on and off. From the intimate by reserving our chef to cook and create for your private dinner, to the larger events catered for groups up to 250 persons.
- Private Party Facilities: Level can accommodate private groups for dining, whether it be a wine or spirit paired dinner or simply reserving our large communal table for dinner.
- Private Party Contact: James Morrow 4102680003x
- Special Events: Level can host special group events from 10-157 persons. Wine & spirit paired dinners, holiday, corporate, and private parties can be hosted at Level, please inquire for special events at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Calvert
- Public Transit: Annapolis City Transit Bus Stop on corner of 69 West street & calvert street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: On street parking or free private parking directly behind the restaurant in City Gate Lane parking lot. Open to the public from monday -friday from 6pm-8am and free all day saturdays and sundays.
A word from Level Small Plates Lounge
Level is an award winning locally sourced small plates restaurant and cocktail bar. Our food is regional modern comfort food that is designed to be shared. We partner with local maryland farms to source our meats, seafoods, and produce. We ensure fresh, local, sustainable efforts in our kitchen and bar. We handcraft all our cocktails using fresh squeezed juices, house made mixers, tonics, sodas, and fine spirits. We invite you to Eat. Drink. Socialize!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Level Small Plates Lounge - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Level Small Plates Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (70)hot spot (67)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (46)romantic (32)late-night find (22)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- TerrificGQ2013VIPDined on 11/17/2014I had gone to a 5 Star rated Tapas restaurant in NYC just last week, and Levels was every bit as good! The food was interesting as well as delicious and presented with just the right flair. Our waitress Molly was knowledgeable as well as attentive, and although very busy, she was fun and very engaging. The space is beautiful and the atmosphere exciting. We shared four small plates, all excellent; my friends favorite was the lobster pasta while I couldn't stop praising the cheese plate. I can't imagine that any dish would be disappointing. Unfortunately I don't get to Annapolis often, but Levels has me rethinking my travel plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place To DineBuddyDined on 11/15/2014This was our second visit to Level. We found the food and atmosphere excellent. This was a Saturday night visit, and the scene was lively. We found an excellent mix of all ages in an adult venue. The food was outstanding during both of our visits. The wait staff is very helpful and attentive. We'll be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding experienceMichaelMealsDined on 11/15/2014Had birthday dinner for my father's 70th and was an outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Reservations made online were honored in a timely manner. The food was and service was very good. Prices were a little high but fair for the quality. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MissyDined on 11/14/2014We went to Level with another couple on a Friday evening and had a great experience! We ordered many different things from the menu and loved it all! The scallops were delicious! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food increasingly seems uninspired at LevelEvolDined on 11/13/2014I've been a number of times, through a few seasonal iterations of their menu. Each time, the menu seems to slip a little more. Case in point, the duck quesadilla. It was bland, seemed as if I could have gotten it anywhere. As well, the fried Brussel Sprouts we once delectable. Now, they're hard, chewy, and bland. I'm worried for one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotAnnapolisFoodieDined on 11/10/2014I live in Annapolis and Level is where I take my friends for a unique local experience. The food and drinks are always spectacular! The perfect spot for entertaining out of town guests or any night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to sharespzaggerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our group of six enjoyed sharing a variety of small plate offerings at Level. The noise volume on the first floor was loud, but that was probably due to the large number of people enjoying themselves. Following the suggestion of another Open Table reviewer, we ordered in two rounds, with each diner selecting just one item to share each round. That seemed to work well for us. Favorites were probably the pumpkin flat bread (it's better than it sounds!), the brussels sprouts, and the black bean hummus. Also: great French-press coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureTrishalVIPDined on 11/8/2014We decided to stop by for a quick bite on Saturday night, and the place was quite packed. Unlike our other visits, we didn't pig out this time. The wife had the Veal Meatball special, and I had the Roasted Pumpkin salad with a maple-cayenne vinaigrette dressing. The cheese plate was good (as usual). For dessert, we had the Chocolate Banana bread, which, in my honest opinion, was unfortunately too sweet to the point that we had to take two-thirds of it home to have the next day. The service was great as always, regardless of how busy they were.Special Features:
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014One of the few local restaurants that not only delivers on a consistent basis, but outperforms!Special Features:
- KellyDined on 11/8/2014Seasonal food can sometimes be "iffy" but our recent experience reflected the reason we love this restaurant. Each dish was prepared perfectly. We were also pleased to see some changes to the menu that are probably less reflective of the season and more reflective of keeping the menu interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor serviceJaneseamoreDined on 11/8/2014We ordered a cheese plate and the Appalachian cheese was fabulous, as was the accompanying Dijon mustard and passion fruit compote. The goat cheese was not good. The black bean hummus was fine but needed more flavor. The olive plate was nothing special. The salmon was good but the parsley jalapeño sauce was a bad idea. The pumpkin flatbread was delicious, though there was almost no pumpkin. Our server never told us the specials, left once I ordered and before taking my husband's order. She only said two things to us--would you like anything to drink and how is everything--about 5 times. So some food was very good, some not so good, the ambiance was nice and the service lousy.Special Features:
- Great menuNellenDined on 11/8/2014All of the small plates were excellent especially the veal meatballs, pork tacos and fried brussel sprouts. However the food was a little cold. Next time we will stagger our orders moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LevelAnnapolisRobinDined on 11/3/2014What a delightful place. Small plates, yes but enough to get your fill with just a few. Great atmosphere, good waitstaff, but most importantly - wonderful food. A real treat. MAKE RESERVATIONS!!!!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!LKellyDined on 11/1/2014We ended up having the owner as our waiter and he was so tapped in! His staff was clean fast and efficient and the food was to die for! a MUST try :)Special Features:
- Definitely a keeperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great service, pleasant ambience, interesting drink choices, and the food was interesting and good. I went with a group who chose flatbreads, which were okay but a bit boring as a whole table choice. I ordered the chicken with maple cider and pumpkin and was quite happy--for a small plate, it was filling, especially coupled with the black bean hummous and tortilla chips we ordered for the table. Best stand-out was the bourbon cider drink and the vodka gimlet. I would definitely go again but would order beyond the flatbreads. From the outside, the restaurant looks unprepossessing and small; I loved the way it expanded and came alive as we walked through the space.Special Features:
- First time visitjscottVIPDined on 10/27/2014This was our first time there and it came highly recommended. It did not disappoint. The food and service was great. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!lissiefox21Dined on 10/25/2014level small plates lounge was really nice, wasnt to crowded on the night i went. i loved the upstairs bar and seating area and the bartenders were super friendly. i would def go back to ths place. and the food was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRedsDined on 10/25/2014Great food in a great downtown Annapolis location! Loved the pulled pork tacos and chocolate banana bread pudding. Food is delivered quickly, so stagger your order if you want a more relaxing mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceSterlingArcherDined on 10/24/2014I liked the ambiance when I first walked in. I spent a few years in New York City a while back and it reminded me of some of the local places there. Lots of small tables near the entrance with a small section of brick wall. Some people who aren't used to it might think it's crowded but it had a nice, personal, cozy feel. There is a separate section to the side for larger parties that was a bit more spacious if that's what you're looking for. We were greeted quickly and the service was great. My cup never got to empty before our server returned. He helped us choose between dishes and I loved his recommendations. I found myself liking it more and more as the night went on. The food was delicious but that's subjective so I will stop there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptional FindVangedDined on 10/19/2014Level is now in a dead tie with Osteria 177 for our favorite restaurant in and around Annapolis. Not only is the food startlingly creative, but the breadth of offerings makes it a place where you can take a vegan friend and a fiber-intolerant friend--on the same evening--and be confident both will rave about what an extraordinary dining experience they just enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic quality & serviceRobKDined on 10/18/2014The ownership is hands on and it shows, Service, food and quality abounds It may be small plates, but there is nothing small about LevelsSpecial Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysTroyHVIPDined on 10/18/2014Level is always outstanding - a sure bet. Their local & seasonal take on cuisine is passionate & perfectly executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great atmosphere and food.SdragoneVIPDined on 10/17/2014Creative small plates and signature drinks make this place special. The bar tenders are real pros and the drinks proove it. The food is a variation of typical restaurant fare done on a smaller size. So while nothing blew us away, everything was great. Definitely worth a try in a city with a lot of great places to eat. I would love to go back and get a bottle of wine and eat my way through it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday drinks and dinnerNew2NappyTownDined on 10/14/2014Our drinks were superb as always. The 360 gimlet is our favorite drink. We have been here a few times before and the food has been ok but at this visit the fanstastic! We had butcher steak, pork tacos, bison sliders, Korean ribs, and several flatbreads all were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itprettygoodDined on 10/12/2014unique and fun! Really great food, deceptively filling small plates. Great way to try new things.Special Features:
- ExcellentArcticdogDined on 10/12/2014Excellect! Fresh food. Good choices for gluten sensitive diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After concert evening7footMooseDined on 10/10/2014Four of us made our way to Level after an early concert in Annapolis on a Friday night during the Boat Show. The bar and the restaurant were hopping with locals and out of towers. We were seated quickly with our Open Table reservation. Our server was attentive, the food was excellent and our experience was great. I highly recommend this restaraunt especially the recently revamped menu.Special Features:
- Treat for the taste budsLiteeaterDined on 10/10/2014A fun, vibrant restaurant. Delicious food and yummy drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Great food and specialty drinks. Food was served in a timely manner - never had the feeling that we were ignored. Server was attentive and offered good recommendations on food and drinks.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service.svSunsetsDined on 10/9/2014We had a party of TEN!! The staff accommodated our every request and provided excellent service. The food was also excellent. And a lovely wine list. Everyone of us agreed that it was an exceptional experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GKW1308Dined on 10/4/2014Overall experience here it was excellent we enjoyed the food and wouldn't mind sitting at the bar enjoying drinks while our table was being prepared after the reservation time. The food was very good although I did have to send back my brussels sprouts because they were overfried. All of the ones on the wine list seem to be a reasonable price points. We plan on going back again it was really enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice menu, food c' have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/4/2014black bean hummus: chili pepper provided heat and micro cilantro was a nice nuance, but what was missing was your basic seasoning to bring all the flavors alive (salt, more citrus or acid). tuna tartare: pretty good! pork ragout w/ gnocci: very nice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipped down a notchOctDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014After multiple terrific experiences at Level in the past, this most recent visit wasn't up to their usual standards. There seemed to be a fair amount of confusion on the waitstaff which led to dished being "auctioned off" in the dining room, trying to determine which table had placed the order. It happened to us and to the table next to us several times, so they didn't even manage to straighten things out after an initial mix-up. A couple of the dishes - notably the roast suckling pig gnocchi - weren't particularly well implemented. Overall, the food is excellent, the drinks fabulous and the wine list well-crafted but this past visit was not what we've come to expect. Perhaps they're stretched too thin opening a new restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Fantastic as always! Love the food and wine! Always happy when leaving!Special Features:
- On the level...it's very goodbink007Dined on 10/1/2014A unique place right in the heart of Annapolis. The small plates offer something for everyone. Good wine and beer selection. Service was very good. Would definitely go back. Good place to eat before a concert just down the street at Ramshead.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!ChefandwifeDined on 9/27/2014We love this restaurant mostly for its farm to table menu. We have been here twice and have had a great experience each time. Each dish is better than the next. Amazingly simple and fresh ingredients are transformed into one of a kind delicious dishes. We really love to dissect the dishes and recreate at home. We will be back time and time again. This is definitely a place you don't order the same thing twice, except for the milk and cookies!Special Features:
- New Experienced8niteDined on 9/26/2014Being parents of a 4 year old, this was a nice place to go for a date night! Would love to try again esp once they switch the food for the new season!Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceBeppymckDined on 9/25/2014Our experience started with an excellent server who shared her knowledge of the menu. The mixologist started us off with a delicious cocktail of perfectly blended ingredients that seriously complemented our fantastic cheese plate. Since this is a small plate & flatbread restaurant the timing of the food is imperative and Carol our server managed it wonderfully. Although, I did notice that other servers were basically bringing all 4 dishes ordered at the same time to other tables, a big no no! From the brussel sprouts with honey and goat cheese, to the shrimp & grits with house cured bacon, and last but not least the house made gnocchi with pork ragout, these were all dishes that were throughly enjoyable and recommendable. We will return!Special Features:
- Anniv. DinnerAnniversaryDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I came in for our anniversary and as I checked above, the food was great and the ambiance was perfect, but it looks like we got there on an off night for service. We ordered 2 glasses of wine and an appetizer right away. We received the appetizer and finished it before our glasses came. They came, and 40 minutes passed until my wife had to stop the waitress in her tracks to see if we could order a second glass and our main dishes. A hopeful 1 hour dinner turned in 2 hours +. It wont stop us from coming again, just maybe on a slower night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.