1639 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://levelonedc.com/
- Phone: 2027450025x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: CLOSED Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Horne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Satellite music
- Special Events: Let us host your wedding reception, birthday dinner/brunch.
A word from Level One
Located in the neighborhood of Dupont Circle, Level One is the perfect date restaurant or for meeting friends for a group dinner. The atmosphere is fun and casual, where we try to make every customer feel like family. The food, Contemporary American, is fantastic and reasonably priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Level One - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Level One reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Don't get the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014As a big foodie, I was excited to check this place out in the neighborhood. I went to Sunday brunch and to be fair, the price was reasonable but food was sub-par. Most likely would not go back.
- Great Girls Day Brunch!StarDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriends and I had a great time and experience at Level One. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former Level-One LoverChelsea8989VIPDined on 8/17/2014I used to love coming to brunch at Level One--I thought it was one of the best brunches in the city. I always found it to be a bit expensive, but they would allow you to move to the bar with your mimosas after you were done eating and enjoy them there until 4pm. NOW the table limit is 90 mins (most places in the city are 2 hrs), and you can't bring your glass to the bar when you're done. Huge ripoff, the food isn't good enough to justify this major change. Won't be back.
- GREAT FOOD! JUST ONE THING...RyanVIPDined on 8/3/2014Amazing food, bottomless mimosas, great service! I had mimosas and poinsettias - divine! For my meal I had the parfait French toast, which was the most amazing meal I've ever had! Just onnnnne thing: the bathrooms were DISGUSTING! They smelled AWFUL! I felt dirtier after washing my hands before brunch than I actually was before! This was in the downstairs bathroom that is part of the restaurant (and beside the kitchen), no less! Time to gut that area of the building, because the rest of Level One's brunch is just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless BrunchBottomlessDined on 7/27/2014Perfect spot to eat great food, sip mimosas and take in this active neighborhood. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I'll keep this in my brunch rotation.Special Features:
- DissapointedboricuadcDined on 7/26/2014I loved Level One's disco brunch menu, and I am conscious rest must change their menus to stay fresh, but Level One's new brunch menu was disappointing and lacked pizzazz. They tried to hard to be edgy and ended up with maybe 1 or 2 interesting dishes and a hell of lot of boring! The Blueberry pancakes were awesome but the potato dish was lacking. I like the effort, but honestly, I can have better southern food elsewhere. I want actual brunch where my choices don't feel just like like a tired lunch elsewhere!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Always a great experience! the food is great, and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boozy BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was horrible, their only saving grace is the bottomless brunch... I tried their watermelon margarita and it was watered down, tasted horrible.
- They always F up reservationsScooterDined on 7/6/2014Second time - had a reservation for 11 made a month ago. Show up and only table they have set for us is outside in direct sun in July. Was given no option for inside or for tables under umbrellas. We were given only table without shade -- miserable experience. Absolutely miserable.
- Monique was great!dloopDined on 6/15/2014Great service, great fun, great food, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomecoffeejunkieDined on 6/14/2014We had an excellent brunch on their patio this weekend! It was wonderful food and an awesome variety for bottomless brunch. We had a great waiter who was very friendly, helpful and never let a glass go empty. I would recommend Level One to anyone who is looking for a laid back, fun brunch location.Special Features:
- Best BrunchstephiefindsDined on 6/14/2014Love the bottomless mimosas! Great environment! The pancakes were absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- Great time, great food, great drinkjaGaDined on 6/8/2014I heard from friends what a fun and delicious place this was, so I wanted to celebrate my 30th with a Sunday brunch. Then I read horrible reviews about the service and food. Well, those were not at all the experience I had. We arrived on time, but with one of our party running late. We were still sat, and outside. AND with two less than the original reservation. The hostess and server were very accommodating. Bottomless mimosas - delicious!! and never running low. I got the breakfast burger with sweet potato fries and ate the entire plate (it was huge) because it was that good. The others order breakfast sandwiches and seemed quite satisfied. Will certainly return and highly recommend for brunch.Special Features:
- Absurdity at the hostess standCudamundVIPDined on 6/1/2014The service made us sad. Had reservation for 6; 2 people dropped at last minute. Was told remaining 4 could not have one of 7 free outside tables (4-tops), because those were for "people with reservations". Engaged in maddeningly circular discussion on the definition of "reservation", then gave up, sat inside in the corner of a tortuous echo chamber. On the plus side, waitstaff inside were delightful (came from a different planet than hostesses); food was good. Would not return.Special Features:
- UndecidedDoeLVIPDined on 5/25/2014I was meeting a friend for brunch on Saturday. As soon as I arrived at the restaurant, the hostess ran down the rules of eating there: You get 90 minutes at the table, because they get so many reservations. It was stated that they only seat completed groups, because the clock starts ticking when you sit at the table. The food and our waitress were both great, but I have never received a message like that before. Unsure about returning!Special Features:
- Very slow, so-so food, fun atmosphDPCDinerDined on 5/18/2014Sunday brunch. Waited over an hour to get our food after we ordered. When it finally came, the food was very... Denny's. I think we might have caught them on an off day - they said something about kitchen problems. Atmosphere was fun and lively, though, and our waitress was really nice. If you're going to go, go for that. Food was a let down.
- Don't believe the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014The food did not live up to the reviews. Potatoes served during brunch were unseasoned, as were the eggs- very bland. Waited 45 minutes to eat and we were the first to arrive for brunch, I can't imagine the wait during busier times. Will not return.
- Until you taste the food...TheElegantBellaDined on 5/11/2014Level One hits it out of the park until you actually taste the food. Strong bottomless Mimosas. Excellent waitstaff. Menu super fun and cute but when I dug into my dish (a little dabble of Black Forest Pancakes, Parfait French Toast, Eggs and Turkey Sausage) ... extremely disappointed. Work on the kitchen staff and I'll be a return customer for food. I'd come back for drinks, only.Special Features:
- Best Bruch Ever!!!HappyhrqueenVIPDined on 5/3/2014I had a singing waiter, who had an incredible voice! Food was great. My taste buds went crazy! The gravy is to die for. The French toast is what I yearn to make. The bloody Mary's are a nice mix of spicy and tasty and the bottomless missomas get straight to the point. I will def be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Level One reviews archive.
- InterestingImABlackPoemDined on 4/30/2014Great decor and awesome service. The crowd was decent, too. However, I will not return. The menu I received was different from the menu online and what I did order was not that great.Special Features:
- Misleading Opentable PageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014So first allow me to say that the service and food was excellent. My main complaint is that the menu on Opentable and the menu there were completely different. Secondly, it should be noted that this is part of a larger club of a particular persuasion. The food part is not their main business and it does show at times. Not kid friendly, not parent friend.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Level One this past week. The bar and wait staff were wonderful and the Manager stopped by and chatted with us. I would highly recommend Level One for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delish GREAT wait staffRedlipstickDined on 4/20/2014The shrimp and grits were perfect--grits had just the right texture. Huevos rancheros was simply made yet very tasty. Bottomless Mimosas had a little kick! The wait staff are really cool and the place has a lively vibe. It is the perfect spot for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experience overallFRMAVIPDined on 4/19/2014Generally I don't write reviews but worth noting a few big problems with Level One: 1) They kept telling us we have 90 minutes to vacate our table (their policy) and yet the restaurant was less than half full the entire time we were there. I understand this may be a way to limit consumption of their "bottomless mimosas" but we weren't even drinking them! The waiter was friendly but that doesn't make up for this ridiculous policy. 2) We had 8 people and ordered a bunch of different items and rating for food ranged from average to poor in our group. So overall average to poor food, and even poorer "policy". Would recommend against.
- very poor service and food qualityemilayDined on 4/13/2014Level one seemed like it would be a great place to have brunch with my friends on my birthday. Let me just say I was extremely dissatisfied with the service of this restaurant. We had a reservation for 7 and we were seated right away and started on our bottomless mimosas which was great. After that everything went downhill. Our truffle fries never came which our waiter offered us for an appetizer. Our food took literally and hour and a half to come out and when it did it was cold and mediocre at best. The portions were very small. We were not informed that they were out of home fries and instead of offering a substitute they served my friend a plate with one egg and two little sausage links the size of turds. Completely unacceptable.Special Features:
- Outdoor brunch!!!AngelDined on 4/13/2014Had brunch here last weekend with my Best Friend, the patio was amazing and our server John was fantastic! The portions were big and everyone was so helpful! I would definitely recommend this to a friend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delayed brunchFrankDined on 4/13/2014.Had brunch at Level One Sunday., April 13. Our waitress was unfocussed, spent a lot of time with one table, was slow to bring us coffee. We never were offered a refill. We waited at least 40 minutes for our food to arrive. The waitress told us they were overwhelmed. For brunch??? My eggs Benedict were hard boiled, not soft and runny as they should be, and lukewarm at that. There was no Hollandaise sauce over the top of the eggs. The home fries were quite good and hot. I had ordered a side for fresh fruit. It did not come with the meal and I had to ask for it. When it arrived the fruit did not taste fresh at all. I won't be back.Special Features:
- The person greeting us saidhannahVIPDined on 4/12/2014The person greeting us said he didn't have our reservation because he hadn't checked Open Table as yet. We requested a table in the shade. After a long wait for food, we were completely in the sun. When we left, I told the greeter about the sun and no apology came. He acted as if he hadn't heard the complaint. We will never return.
- I always love LevelOne butJamieVIPDined on 3/30/2014I always love LevelOne but the time the food didn't wow me. Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing- the frittata was very dry and overcooked. However, our server, Unicorn, was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guurl it's a sure thing.brunchenthusiastDined on 3/22/2014I have been to level one more than once and everytime the service has been fantastic and everything i've had on the menu so far is delicious. It's more or less a typical brunch menu but the bottomless mimosas are delicious and never empty-- I tried to play a game called finish your glass before they re-filled. I don't recommend this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Mimosas!!MahoganyDined on 3/22/2014Absolutely loved this spot. A group of friends & I came here for my birthday. Great food & the Drinks were Just Right. The drinks were never half full, the waiter walked around constantly refilling our cups up. Everyone were beyond friendly, which made this birthday event memorable. Absolutely would return & I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Brunch FunthancockDined on 3/16/2014Level One is always a top of the list for best places to go for an affordable brunch on the weekends. People are drawn for the value of good food and the bottomless Mimosia and Bloody Mary drinks ($15). Staff is always very friendly and fun, and the food is a good value. Recommend making reservations for brunch as this is a popular place for the young and young at heart to eat, drink, and be merry. Do have to warn however that this is not the place to go if you want a quite brunch, at times it can get extremely loud due to the energetic crowd and the acoustics, but always a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very enjoyable even thoughNergzDined on 3/16/2014Was very enjoyable even though we were a large group we received prompt service and our server was very patient with usSpecial Features:
- disappointedbrandiDined on 3/16/2014Saw ad and was excited to see drag show during brunch. Got seated at table to find out no show. Drinks were weak and food was bland. Huge disappointment with experience. Waitress couldn't remember to bring items and took too long to check on us. Next time we'll stick to Annie's on next visit.Special Features:
- Great Boozey Brunch!!!JaziJDined on 3/15/2014The food was delish! I had the blueberry pancakes and my gurlie had the French toast. Both were absolutely tasty! Service was amazing, the waiter never once let our mimosas get less than half full. I was super tipsy & stuffed after we were finished, I couldn't ask for a better brunch!Special Features:
- Great brunch, but they wereLaurenDined on 3/8/2014Great brunch, but they were running the heat on a 60+ degree day and it it made the room smell old and musty. Other than that, great brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Brunch & Mimosas & B.Mary's!SarahandRobDined on 3/1/2014Wow, we loved having brunch at Level One! It was tough choosing a menu item because everything looked so good, so we decided on the hashbrown w/bacon/scallions/cheese/topped with fried egg! We absolutely LOVED it! Our waitress continuously refilled our bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary's! What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Brunchluv2eatDined on 2/15/2014I had a great time with friends for brunch. The only thing I would say is that the brunch menu is small and needs more variety. in addition, our server was slow. However I think that had to do with the fact she was one server for an entire table of 9. Other than that the food was great and we had a great time. The mimosas were great and were always refilled. Not the best brunch but definitely one of the better brunches in DC.Special Features:
- Not bad - but nothing specialJeffinVAVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was just OK. I expected more from some of the reviews.
- Great Experience! We visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Great Experience! We visited Level One to kick start a bachelorette weekend and it was GREAT! The staff was super energetic and very attentive. The food and mimosas were great, and we all talked about going back again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.