1639 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://levelonedc.com/
- Phone: 2027450025x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: CLOSED Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Horne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Satellite music
- Special Events: Let us host your wedding reception, birthday dinner/brunch.
A word from Level One
Located in the neighborhood of Dupont Circle, Level One is the perfect date restaurant or for meeting friends for a group dinner. The atmosphere is fun and casual, where we try to make every customer feel like family. The food, Contemporary American, is fantastic and reasonably priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Level One - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Level One reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (27)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Birthday Brunch!EBLizVIPDined on 10/12/2014I took my fiance to Level One for his birthday after the Army Ten Miler and we had a great time. Our waiter was fantastic and took such good care of us, even when the friends who were meeting us were a whole hour late! He was very attentive, ahd great recommendations (the shrimp and grits is crazy good) and was always on point refilling out bottomless mimosas the second we had drained even a little from our glasses. There is supposed to be a 90 minute window on burnch tables because LO is so popular, but they let us stay a few extra minutes so our friends could eat and hang out. We left very full, pretty tipsy, and all agreed we would have to come back again!Special Features:
- good vibe, food wasn't the bestnotonetosaymuchDined on 9/28/2014Great service, bottomless mimosas are always fun. The food wasn't anything special though. I was happy with my food but those I was work were not happy.
- Delicious lunch, gurl!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014My wife, two of our children, my son's girlfriend and I all went to Level One on Sunday morning for their brunch. We ate outside as it was a beautiful day. Our service was attentive, friendly and in response to our interchanges, playful. Our bottomless Mimosas never hit bottom. The food was delicious, and served hot. I had the Heuvos Rancheros, two of us had Eggs Benny, one had Blueberry pancakes, and the other had a yogurt and fruit parfait (that was not hot). Portions were plentiful. The crowd was diverse and energetic. All in all a great experience. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brunch....cvlianoDined on 9/21/2014The bottomless mimosas they serve were delicious and plentiful. I ordered the Chicken and Waffles and my friend ordered Huevos Rancheros. The Chicken and the Maple Gravy were to die for. They were so yummy. For waffles however, they served eggos. While the dish was still very good - they put a lot of work into the gravy and chicken - it seemed like they could've made a bit more effort with the waffles. For the Huevos Rancheros, the experience was similar. The dish was delicious, however the corn tortilla served with the dish were rubbery and tasted a bit stale. This place is fun, and the food is 80% excellent. They just have a few more details to work out with their dishes to make them 100% excellent.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceSusanDined on 9/21/2014We met friends who were visiting from Florida and had brunch. I had the blueberry pancakes, which were great. One of the ladies had the steak and eggs and she really enjoyed it, while the gentleman had the smoked salmon, and he was very pleased. The endless mimosas were a nice touch, but we only managed a couple. The servers were friendly and helpful and the 90-minute limit was more than enough time for a brunch.Special Features:
- Great group brunch!dlanezDined on 9/14/2014We had an 7-person reservation for brunch at 2 pm on a Sunday. We had to add one more, and they were super courteous and made sure that all of us would fit (probably easier to do because it wasn't very crowded). We sat on the patio, where about half of the tables were taken. All of us got the bottomless mimosas/bloody marys, which our waiter kept as full as possible. He was great, very friendly and funny. Probably b/c we were there later, they let us stay past the 90 minute window which was great. All of us very pleased with the food too! Bathrooms aren't as gross as other reviewers have said, but they're still not great.Special Features:
- Fun BrunchBrentDined on 9/14/2014Limited menu but the prices are reasonable and the outdoor seating with bottomless mimosa or bloody mary makes for a fun Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Level 1 nearly gets you a level 10SunjayDVIPDined on 9/6/2014Came here for brunch along with family I had in town. This spot had received rave reviews on the ubiquitous top 10 brunch spots in DC and it did not disappoint. From John the Host to the speed at which our checks came, it was a fulfilling experience. Might I recommend the huevos rancheros, which were spiced to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great unlimited mimosasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Outside of the really rude older lady in the front... I had a great time. The server was amazing and I had a fantastic time celebrating my friends bday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be great, now it is notDiningCatDined on 8/31/2014I think they changed administration. You used to get super friendly welcome from host, now they have an old lady that seems to be bothered by your presence and is doing you a favor to honor the reservation. Food changes as well. Used to be a 10 now is more like a 6 ... I have been here like 20 times but will stop going from now on after two consecutive bad experiencesSpecial Features:
- Don't get the hypequizziboDined on 8/24/2014As a big foodie, I was excited to check this place out in the neighborhood. I went to Sunday brunch and to be fair, the price was reasonable but food was sub-par. Most likely would not go back.
- Great Girls Day Brunch!StarDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriends and I had a great time and experience at Level One. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Former Level-One LoverChelsea8989VIPDined on 8/17/2014I used to love coming to brunch at Level One--I thought it was one of the best brunches in the city. I always found it to be a bit expensive, but they would allow you to move to the bar with your mimosas after you were done eating and enjoy them there until 4pm. NOW the table limit is 90 mins (most places in the city are 2 hrs), and you can't bring your glass to the bar when you're done. Huge ripoff, the food isn't good enough to justify this major change. Won't be back.
- GREAT FOOD! JUST ONE THING...RyanVIPDined on 8/3/2014Amazing food, bottomless mimosas, great service! I had mimosas and poinsettias - divine! For my meal I had the parfait French toast, which was the most amazing meal I've ever had! Just onnnnne thing: the bathrooms were DISGUSTING! They smelled AWFUL! I felt dirtier after washing my hands before brunch than I actually was before! This was in the downstairs bathroom that is part of the restaurant (and beside the kitchen), no less! Time to gut that area of the building, because the rest of Level One's brunch is just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless BrunchBottomlessDined on 7/27/2014Perfect spot to eat great food, sip mimosas and take in this active neighborhood. The staff is friendly and welcoming. I'll keep this in my brunch rotation.Special Features:
- DissapointedboricuadcDined on 7/26/2014I loved Level One's disco brunch menu, and I am conscious rest must change their menus to stay fresh, but Level One's new brunch menu was disappointing and lacked pizzazz. They tried to hard to be edgy and ended up with maybe 1 or 2 interesting dishes and a hell of lot of boring! The Blueberry pancakes were awesome but the potato dish was lacking. I like the effort, but honestly, I can have better southern food elsewhere. I want actual brunch where my choices don't feel just like like a tired lunch elsewhere!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Always a great experience! the food is great, and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boozy BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was horrible, their only saving grace is the bottomless brunch... I tried their watermelon margarita and it was watered down, tasted horrible.
- They always F up reservationsScooterDined on 7/6/2014Second time - had a reservation for 11 made a month ago. Show up and only table they have set for us is outside in direct sun in July. Was given no option for inside or for tables under umbrellas. We were given only table without shade -- miserable experience. Absolutely miserable.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Level One reviews archive.
- Monique was great!dloopDined on 6/15/2014Great service, great fun, great food, great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomecoffeejunkieDined on 6/14/2014We had an excellent brunch on their patio this weekend! It was wonderful food and an awesome variety for bottomless brunch. We had a great waiter who was very friendly, helpful and never let a glass go empty. I would recommend Level One to anyone who is looking for a laid back, fun brunch location.Special Features:
- Best BrunchstephiefindsDined on 6/14/2014Love the bottomless mimosas! Great environment! The pancakes were absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- Great time, great food, great drinkjaGaDined on 6/8/2014I heard from friends what a fun and delicious place this was, so I wanted to celebrate my 30th with a Sunday brunch. Then I read horrible reviews about the service and food. Well, those were not at all the experience I had. We arrived on time, but with one of our party running late. We were still sat, and outside. AND with two less than the original reservation. The hostess and server were very accommodating. Bottomless mimosas - delicious!! and never running low. I got the breakfast burger with sweet potato fries and ate the entire plate (it was huge) because it was that good. The others order breakfast sandwiches and seemed quite satisfied. Will certainly return and highly recommend for brunch.Special Features:
- Absurdity at the hostess standCudamundVIPDined on 6/1/2014The service made us sad. Had reservation for 6; 2 people dropped at last minute. Was told remaining 4 could not have one of 7 free outside tables (4-tops), because those were for "people with reservations". Engaged in maddeningly circular discussion on the definition of "reservation", then gave up, sat inside in the corner of a tortuous echo chamber. On the plus side, waitstaff inside were delightful (came from a different planet than hostesses); food was good. Would not return.Special Features:
- UndecidedDoeLVIPDined on 5/25/2014I was meeting a friend for brunch on Saturday. As soon as I arrived at the restaurant, the hostess ran down the rules of eating there: You get 90 minutes at the table, because they get so many reservations. It was stated that they only seat completed groups, because the clock starts ticking when you sit at the table. The food and our waitress were both great, but I have never received a message like that before. Unsure about returning!Special Features:
- Very slow, so-so food, fun atmosphDPCDinerDined on 5/18/2014Sunday brunch. Waited over an hour to get our food after we ordered. When it finally came, the food was very... Denny's. I think we might have caught them on an off day - they said something about kitchen problems. Atmosphere was fun and lively, though, and our waitress was really nice. If you're going to go, go for that. Food was a let down.
- Don't believe the hype!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014The food did not live up to the reviews. Potatoes served during brunch were unseasoned, as were the eggs- very bland. Waited 45 minutes to eat and we were the first to arrive for brunch, I can't imagine the wait during busier times. Will not return.
- Until you taste the food...TheElegantBellaDined on 5/11/2014Level One hits it out of the park until you actually taste the food. Strong bottomless Mimosas. Excellent waitstaff. Menu super fun and cute but when I dug into my dish (a little dabble of Black Forest Pancakes, Parfait French Toast, Eggs and Turkey Sausage) ... extremely disappointed. Work on the kitchen staff and I'll be a return customer for food. I'd come back for drinks, only.Special Features:
- Best Bruch Ever!!!HappyhrqueenVIPDined on 5/3/2014I had a singing waiter, who had an incredible voice! Food was great. My taste buds went crazy! The gravy is to die for. The French toast is what I yearn to make. The bloody Mary's are a nice mix of spicy and tasty and the bottomless missomas get straight to the point. I will def be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingImABlackPoemDined on 4/30/2014Great decor and awesome service. The crowd was decent, too. However, I will not return. The menu I received was different from the menu online and what I did order was not that great.Special Features:
- Misleading Opentable PageOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014So first allow me to say that the service and food was excellent. My main complaint is that the menu on Opentable and the menu there were completely different. Secondly, it should be noted that this is part of a larger club of a particular persuasion. The food part is not their main business and it does show at times. Not kid friendly, not parent friend.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Level One this past week. The bar and wait staff were wonderful and the Manager stopped by and chatted with us. I would highly recommend Level One for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delish GREAT wait staffRedlipstickDined on 4/20/2014The shrimp and grits were perfect--grits had just the right texture. Huevos rancheros was simply made yet very tasty. Bottomless Mimosas had a little kick! The wait staff are really cool and the place has a lively vibe. It is the perfect spot for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experience overallFRMAVIPDined on 4/19/2014Generally I don't write reviews but worth noting a few big problems with Level One: 1) They kept telling us we have 90 minutes to vacate our table (their policy) and yet the restaurant was less than half full the entire time we were there. I understand this may be a way to limit consumption of their "bottomless mimosas" but we weren't even drinking them! The waiter was friendly but that doesn't make up for this ridiculous policy. 2) We had 8 people and ordered a bunch of different items and rating for food ranged from average to poor in our group. So overall average to poor food, and even poorer "policy". Would recommend against.
- very poor service and food qualityemilayDined on 4/13/2014Level one seemed like it would be a great place to have brunch with my friends on my birthday. Let me just say I was extremely dissatisfied with the service of this restaurant. We had a reservation for 7 and we were seated right away and started on our bottomless mimosas which was great. After that everything went downhill. Our truffle fries never came which our waiter offered us for an appetizer. Our food took literally and hour and a half to come out and when it did it was cold and mediocre at best. The portions were very small. We were not informed that they were out of home fries and instead of offering a substitute they served my friend a plate with one egg and two little sausage links the size of turds. Completely unacceptable.Special Features:
- Outdoor brunch!!!AngelDined on 4/13/2014Had brunch here last weekend with my Best Friend, the patio was amazing and our server John was fantastic! The portions were big and everyone was so helpful! I would definitely recommend this to a friend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delayed brunchFrankDined on 4/13/2014.Had brunch at Level One Sunday., April 13. Our waitress was unfocussed, spent a lot of time with one table, was slow to bring us coffee. We never were offered a refill. We waited at least 40 minutes for our food to arrive. The waitress told us they were overwhelmed. For brunch??? My eggs Benedict were hard boiled, not soft and runny as they should be, and lukewarm at that. There was no Hollandaise sauce over the top of the eggs. The home fries were quite good and hot. I had ordered a side for fresh fruit. It did not come with the meal and I had to ask for it. When it arrived the fruit did not taste fresh at all. I won't be back.Special Features:
- The person greeting us saidhannahVIPDined on 4/12/2014The person greeting us said he didn't have our reservation because he hadn't checked Open Table as yet. We requested a table in the shade. After a long wait for food, we were completely in the sun. When we left, I told the greeter about the sun and no apology came. He acted as if he hadn't heard the complaint. We will never return.
- I always love LevelOne butJamieVIPDined on 3/30/2014I always love LevelOne but the time the food didn't wow me. Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing- the frittata was very dry and overcooked. However, our server, Unicorn, was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guurl it's a sure thing.brunchenthusiastDined on 3/22/2014I have been to level one more than once and everytime the service has been fantastic and everything i've had on the menu so far is delicious. It's more or less a typical brunch menu but the bottomless mimosas are delicious and never empty-- I tried to play a game called finish your glass before they re-filled. I don't recommend this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.