1639 R Street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://levelonedc.com/
- Phone: (202) 745-0025
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: CLOSED Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Horne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Satellite music
- Special Events: Let us host your wedding reception, birthday dinner/brunch.
A word from Level One
Located in the neighborhood of Dupont Circle, Level One is the perfect date restaurant or for meeting friends for a group dinner. The atmosphere is fun and casual, where we try to make every customer feel like family. The food, Contemporary American, is fantastic and reasonably priced.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Level One - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Level One reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (34)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Delayed brunchFrankDined on 4/13/2014.Had brunch at Level One Sunday., April 13. Our waitress was unfocussed, spent a lot of time with one table, was slow to bring us coffee. We never were offered a refill. We waited at least 40 minutes for our food to arrive. The waitress told us they were overwhelmed. For brunch??? My eggs Benedict were hard boiled, not soft and runny as they should be, and lukewarm at that. There was no Hollandaise sauce over the top of the eggs. The home fries were quite good and hot. I had ordered a side for fresh fruit. It did not come with the meal and I had to ask for it. When it arrived the fruit did not taste fresh at all. I won't be back.Special Features:
- The person greeting us saidhannahVIPDined on 4/12/2014The person greeting us said he didn't have our reservation because he hadn't checked Open Table as yet. We requested a table in the shade. After a long wait for food, we were completely in the sun. When we left, I told the greeter about the sun and no apology came. He acted as if he hadn't heard the complaint. We will never return.
- I always love LevelOne butJamieVIPDined on 3/30/2014I always love LevelOne but the time the food didn't wow me. Perhaps I ordered the wrong thing- the frittata was very dry and overcooked. However, our server, Unicorn, was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guurl it's a sure thing.brunchenthusiastDined on 3/22/2014I have been to level one more than once and everytime the service has been fantastic and everything i've had on the menu so far is delicious. It's more or less a typical brunch menu but the bottomless mimosas are delicious and never empty-- I tried to play a game called finish your glass before they re-filled. I don't recommend this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless Mimosas!!MahoganyDined on 3/22/2014Absolutely loved this spot. A group of friends & I came here for my birthday. Great food & the Drinks were Just Right. The drinks were never half full, the waiter walked around constantly refilling our cups up. Everyone were beyond friendly, which made this birthday event memorable. Absolutely would return & I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Brunch FunthancockDined on 3/16/2014Level One is always a top of the list for best places to go for an affordable brunch on the weekends. People are drawn for the value of good food and the bottomless Mimosia and Bloody Mary drinks ($15). Staff is always very friendly and fun, and the food is a good value. Recommend making reservations for brunch as this is a popular place for the young and young at heart to eat, drink, and be merry. Do have to warn however that this is not the place to go if you want a quite brunch, at times it can get extremely loud due to the energetic crowd and the acoustics, but always a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was very enjoyable even thoughNergzDined on 3/16/2014Was very enjoyable even though we were a large group we received prompt service and our server was very patient with usSpecial Features:
- disappointedbrandiDined on 3/16/2014Saw ad and was excited to see drag show during brunch. Got seated at table to find out no show. Drinks were weak and food was bland. Huge disappointment with experience. Waitress couldn't remember to bring items and took too long to check on us. Next time we'll stick to Annie's on next visit.Special Features:
- Great Boozey Brunch!!!JaziJDined on 3/15/2014The food was delish! I had the blueberry pancakes and my gurlie had the French toast. Both were absolutely tasty! Service was amazing, the waiter never once let our mimosas get less than half full. I was super tipsy & stuffed after we were finished, I couldn't ask for a better brunch!Special Features:
- Great brunch, but they wereLaurenDined on 3/8/2014Great brunch, but they were running the heat on a 60+ degree day and it it made the room smell old and musty. Other than that, great brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Brunch & Mimosas & B.Mary's!SarahandRobDined on 3/1/2014Wow, we loved having brunch at Level One! It was tough choosing a menu item because everything looked so good, so we decided on the hashbrown w/bacon/scallions/cheese/topped with fried egg! We absolutely LOVED it! Our waitress continuously refilled our bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary's! What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Brunchluv2eatDined on 2/15/2014I had a great time with friends for brunch. The only thing I would say is that the brunch menu is small and needs more variety. in addition, our server was slow. However I think that had to do with the fact she was one server for an entire table of 9. Other than that the food was great and we had a great time. The mimosas were great and were always refilled. Not the best brunch but definitely one of the better brunches in DC.Special Features:
- Not bad - but nothing specialJeffinVAVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was just OK. I expected more from some of the reviews.
- Great Experience! We visitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Great Experience! We visited Level One to kick start a bachelorette weekend and it was GREAT! The staff was super energetic and very attentive. The food and mimosas were great, and we all talked about going back again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!scoodleDined on 1/11/2014This was my first time going to Level One- and I loved it! I live in Maryland and am most likely driving into DC on the weekends. Everyone knows that parking in DC can be a nightmare, so if you're going to brave the District for brunch- it should be worth it- and Level One is definitely worth it. Bottomless mimosa, reasonable prices and outstanding food. I will certainly recommend to friends and I will venture there again. I love brunch, and this just went into my Top Five for go-to spots in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My expectations we're too highchrisDined on 1/11/2014I made a reservation with my wife for brunch on Saturday (1/11/14) based on boasts of Best Brunch honors for 3-years in a row in the Best of DC awards. Unfortunately, that wasn't the brunch that was delivered. I had the frittata with home fries...plus a side of turkey sausage, organic grits and a bloody mary. Frittata: this was the biggest disappointment. I've been spoiled on great frittatas recently, but that wasn't the issue. The frittata was rubbery and dry throughout. Frittatas should be served immediately...and I'm certain the dish was either poorly prepared, or it sat for a very long time before it was delivered to the table. Also, the bloody mary was really sweet if you're a traditionalist. Wish I had room to go into more detail.
- brunchcmk2188Dined on 1/5/2014I went to brunch with two of my girlfriends and we had a great time. The bottomless mimosas were truly bottomless, and the brunch Bowl was cheesy deliciousness Our waiter was hilarious. I wish I remembered his name. He was tall and very skinny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Def a rerun.K80SDined on 12/21/2013Everything was fab. Food, server, bottomless brunch drinks, music, and atmosphere. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchKayeabVIPDined on 12/15/2013I recently had my birthday brunch here and had a blast. Good food, good service, cute place...will we back!Special Features:
- Level One Brunch = Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2013Level One Brunch is the best DC has to offer. I came to celebrate my birthday, with my family and some friends in tow. Everyone from my country-bumpkin mother to my NYC-native friend loved the restaurant, the food, the (bottomless) drinks, and definitely our server (Jason). We had a BLAST and will all definitely be returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is awfulJojoVIPDined on 11/23/2013The service is sub par. Female bartender was so loud and obnoxious we had to leave. When exiting a female bartender was advised that a homeless man was at the main entrance. She did not care.Special Features:
- Had a blast!MWinbushDined on 10/27/2013The staff was very attentive and friendly! It was just a great time and I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchAej2008Dined on 10/20/2013It was my first time at Level One. I brought a friend here for a her birthday for brunch. We had a good time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed withchopperVIPDined on 9/28/2013I was very disappointed with the food at Level 1. I had been there before and the food had been fine. This time it just was not up to its usual standards.
- LOF - Lots of FunHenriDined on 9/13/2013Had a really great time! The server was extremely pleasant friendly, and simply adorably patient. We were a group of nearly 20 gathering for round 1 of our evening Bachelor Party. Most in our group had never visited Level One, but they will all visit again....simply a great evening and Level One played an important role in making the evening unforgettable! Great Staff! We felt really welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the barEstherVIPDined on 9/11/2013I didn't eat here, just had a drink with a friend. The wait staff was very friendly and the ambiance was good. The pear martini was large, strong and delicious. We enjoyed Level 1!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorribleMemoDined on 9/8/2013First and foremost, not my first time having brunch here. Talk about bad service, rude employees, orders were messed up and over all horrible. The host was absolutely the rudest person there by far. I did not complain as the people in my party just decided we would stop going to Level One for Brunch as the service was so disastrous. We were asked to move from our table to the patio around the corner when there were people around us had clearly been there longer than we had. Of course, we did not question that we complied with our service request. We were not asked if we wanted our check split up and overall the server was horrible as she didn't check in with us very often.
- Pretty Delicious and Delightful...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2013...and all together tasty and terrific! Next time I visit DC, I expect that this spot will be on top of DuPont Circle's Best Brunch List! Jason provided remarkable service. He really knew the menu quite well and made several recommendations that really improved our adventure. Recently acquired Chef Stephanie should be commended for her blend of lovely, comfortable and fresh dishes. We were impressed with how each ingredient could be individually identified but achieved more as a complementary whole. The Girl had the Breakfast Bowl. Yum! I had the Shrimp & Grits and added some Jack Cheese. Double yum! Add bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Marys and you have a delicious and delightful experience that you’ll want to enjoy over and over again…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Brunch Ever!BrunchyBunchDCDined on 8/31/2013LADIES, this is a great spot for you and your girls. Our waitress was a beautiful drag queen and I think she gave us a lap dance once we were a little buzzed, which we liked very much. The prices are very flexible the mimosas are $13 but in comparison it's really not that bad of a price if you're into a more clear of a mimosa, I personally am there to be a lush so the clearer the better! They did mix up one of our orders but they ended up correcting it. We were that noisy big table in the middle of the room but there is also outdoor patio seating so you can have it your way. All in all a great experience at Level One and I will continue with my streak of going back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Level One BrunchthancockDined on 8/17/2013Best you make reservations well in advance because it is usually packed. They have a new Chef that has introduced some very unique brunch items. I was a little cautious at first, but give a try. I think my favorite is the French Toast Parfait. They have a great all you can drink mimosa or bloody mary special, although they will also serve you a poinsettia (same special) as well if you are like me and the acid in orange juice gets to you after a few. Due to the high demand they do limit you to 90 minutes at the table but you can still sit at the bar or their outdoor patio area and continue to enjoy your bottomless drink special until 4pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013The food is delicious and affordable, with unique presentations. Both Mimosas and Bloody Mary's are tasty - especially when you order them bottomless. The wait staff is very upfront with the 90 table limit, which is always appreciated, and then you can move to the bar afterwards. I've been able to dine inside and outside, which is always a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, as usual, was good.JaywestVIPDined on 7/31/2013The food, as usual, was good. The service, as usual, was lacking. Our server was very personable, just not a good server.Special Features:
- Always a good timerlambert2721VIPDined on 7/28/2013Anytime I have gone to Level One for brunch they always make sure that you are enjoying yourself. Yes it's a bit expensive compared to other options but the mimosas are always strong and the food is always on point. Granted the past Sunday I did have to ask to have my sandwich re-done but that RARELY happens. Jasmine is by far one of the best servers for Sunday brunch I've had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just averageSLRBGEDined on 7/28/2013I was referred to Level One a few years ago. I was very hopeful about this experience but unfortunately it was not that great. The bloody marys were average at best. The outdoor seating is too close together and hard for all 4 persons to sit comfortably away from the table when other people are seated behind or in front of them. The food was dry. I am not sure who is rating this restaurant as the best place for brunch the past 3 years? I think some improvement is needed. Staff was friendly and prompt.
- Great!AliBDined on 7/21/2013Level One always has great food and great service! I frequently recommend this reataurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was 50% off. It wasLoveToEatDined on 7/11/2013The food was 50% off. It was worth it. The server brought the wrong salad. The soup was bland.
- Bottomless All the WayDCbratzDined on 7/6/2013The primary reason to visit this place is for their bottomless options. Drinks were good pours with continuous refills. Though there is a time limit (90 min), you can proceed to a separate area to drink until 4, though they do refill less option. The outside option is great. I had the breakfast burger, delicious, but the rest of the group said their food was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2013Wow, what a difference a new chef makes. The food is outstanding and the staff is very friendly. The decor is just ok but if you can sit outside - do so! Bruch always has a wait so plan ahead. Easy to find a table during the week though. Thank you for finding this chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go for dinner on a Sundayt8teVIPDined on 6/30/2013Very disappointed when we arrived to find that the only thing they were serving for dinner on Sunday night was 1/2 price hamburgers. We had looked at their menu online and never saw anything about them only serving the full menu Monday-Saturday (if it's there, it's not very prominent). Burgers were fine, but not great. Service was very lacking. Asked for bourbon and they only had 1 to offer at the bar. But the waiter told us we could go upstairs and get our own drinks at Cobalt. What sort of service is that? We did, tipped the bartender up there, and as it turned out, 3 drinks cost as much as 3 burgers. That waiter could have (more than) doubled his tip if he'd taken care of the drinks for us. Wouldn't go back.
- Disco brunch needs more discoJinoncVIPDined on 6/22/2013Apparently, the management decided that the menu for the weekend disco brunch needed changing. All of my favorites, including the breakfast burrito, are long gone. The menu is serviceable, but really pared down compared to past offerings. I think we sorely disappointed our server by not getting bottomless mimosas or bloody marys. Oh well. It's still a nice place to eat outside on a weekend when the weather is just right. Inside, it's unbelievably loud, and I'll never eat inside there again.Special Features: