135 Levine Avenue of the Arts
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (704) 333-0930
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Levant
New restaurant in Charlotte!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Levant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great Mediterranean CuisineDMACDined on 11/14/2014This was our second visit and the food was just as great as our first time. Wonderful chicken and lamb dishes and amazing sides for all four in our party. The hummus and baba ghanoush were both outstanding. We strongly recommend Levant to all. Our fear is that we have not seen a full dining room yet and hope that others come. Wonderful food at a really reasonable price for fine dining in uptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Mediterrean ExperienceDisappointingDined on 11/7/2014Our first time but not our last. Excellent menu, evferything well prepared, tasty, authentic and the restaurant is run by the owners who are extremely accommodating. Very authentic décor. Excellent location for going to events at Knight Theatre, museums, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. Easy parking. Highly impressed!Special Features:
- Tasty Mediterranean CuisineDMACDined on 10/30/2014First time to Levant as three of us went for dinner. Chicken kebabs and the trout were special favorites. Light and healthy options all over the menu and we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aaaaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Levant consistently delivers fresh well prepared food. Our chicken and lamb kabobs were prefectly prepared and sides delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 76 reviews are from the Levant reviews archive.
- Prefer Kebab GrilllovegoodfoodVIPDined on 7/9/2014We love the food at Kebab Grill and were expecting a more upscale experience at Levant. Unfortunately, the food was essentially the same but at a much higher price point. The vegetarian plate was delicious, but, again, exactly what we've had at Kebab Grill. The other food we tried, lamb and salmon, was overdone and just ok. Restaurant was empty and service spotty and drinks terrible. We'll stick to our KG takeout!
- So very pleased:)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Took my wife and son here for my wife's 50th birthday dinner. Could not have been better. Enjoyed every minute and would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- JasonJasonVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was good and the service was very good. The meat on my plate was cooked too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mediterranean CuisinechfmomDined on 3/26/2014We entertained a group of five from out of town, and needed a quiet, elegant place for conversation. Catching up with good friends and meeting new ones, Levant provided a lovely atmosphere for our gathering. The food was beautiful and delicious and impressive to my friends who are foodies! We ate at a late-ish hour, 8 pm, and the small plates (Mezze) were perfect for tasting and sharing. Our waiter was gracious and the service was top notch. Thank you for your great Uptown location, perfect for evening dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ConvenientDinerDined on 2/21/2014We had good food and lots of variety with the choice of sides. I was disappointed by the very limited wine menu. The location is great when you have tickets to the Knight Theatre since it's across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experience overall wasChrisDined on 2/8/2014Our experience overall was very good. The food was delicious and our server was very attentive throughout our dining experience without being too overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a downtown gemMarthaVIPDined on 1/31/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant. Went before a performance at the Knight Theater, nice, cosy, bar and excellent food. The service was great, waiters so warm, friendly but professional. A must if you are downtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in UptownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/27/2013We always take guests here from out of town here for wonderful middle eastern cuisine. The grilled lamb kabob is perfection! The servers are very helpful explaining the menu, especially the delicious sides.Special Features:
- Something out of the ordinaryAlexVIPDined on 11/9/2013I really enjoy Mediterranean and north African food. Have been cooking it at home for many years now. Levant was a wonderful chance to dine out and see "how it should be done." I came away with several inspirations and am already researching new dishes online. Now if I can just find a vendor in Charlotte that carries some of the unique ingredients...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, authentic middleHowieDined on 11/1/2013Very good, authentic middle eastern food. Helpful, knowledgeable waitstaff. Very pleasant atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good For SharingEnjoysNiceViewsDined on 10/28/2013Went for a girls night dinner on Mon, plan to share a bunch of dishes. The 5 of us ordered aps and bottles of wine. When placing our entre order, tried to order 2-3 mains ($25-35) to share, waiter informed us there would be a $5pp plate charge for sharing. Tacky given we were ordering aps, wine, planning to get dessert, oh and the restaurant was empty. When cashing out we asked the bill to be split even 5 ways and saw that the waiter had decided to add his gratuity onto the bill. I'm always a tad offended by this move, especially when out with women - we're capable of independently leaving an appropriate tip. The owner+wife(?) were impatiently starring at us from bar last 10 mins of meal. We hurried out. Ambiance great, food OK.Special Features:
- Foodies - check this place out!CKanVIPDined on 9/28/2013Quite frankly some of the tastiest food that I have had. Having a european background and growing up in the south, I appreciate when Mediterranean restaurants do it the right way. The food was exceptional and some of the best that I have had in Charlotte. It wasn't that busy, but I believe that is because the establishment is new and locals having fully embraced the ethnicity of the restaurant. Also, the service was outstanding. The waiter even let me order an off menu beer that is now my favorite and go-to. Great job Levant, I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!TimJDined on 8/16/2013Awesome fresh food. Friendly, knowledgable waitstaff. Owner operated, non-chain. Have been there twice. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uptown deliciousKathyPeterVIPDined on 8/15/2013Levant is great and adds ethnic diversity to Uptown. We liked the people, the service, the food, the atmosphere. We'll try dessert next time! It is not an inexpensive dining option but a very good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could've been great, but ...LebaneseFoodLoverDined on 8/15/2013Decor: beautiful furnishings apparently imported (from Syria?). Food: OK to excellent. Best was falafel - crisp outside, soft interior, nicely seasoned. The rest: authentic but "average" - needing extra "kick". E.g.: the baba ghanoush was good, but flat - needing more lemon juice?. Service: the waiter was young, friendly,nice, but not terribly experienced. HOWEVER... serving of the main course (by another server) was well ... rude. We hadn't finished our starters when he brought out the entrees, and shoved them at us. We had to juggle the starter plates to make room, before we were ready for the main course. Unsatisfactory. Price: somewhat high but reasonable for "uptown". A pity .. Levant COULD have been great, but ...
- A KeeperOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2013Levant has the widest choice and most consistent high quality of any Middle Eastern restaurant I've tried in Charlotte. If going there once a month makes me a regular, then that I am. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fresh and ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013The food was fresh and of high quality. I had Chicken Kabobs and my husband had the lamb. Both were delicious. So glad to find this restraurant. kaffe for desert.Special Features:
- Wait staff was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2013Wait staff was very pleasant and responsive. Decor was a little sparse. Food was very tasty and authentic. There was "thumping music" (perhaps from an adjacent business/restaurant?) that was a bit distracting - but that was out of Levant's control. I enjoyed my experience there and will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Levant had very good kabobs,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013Levant had very good kabobs, hummus, etc. The beer selection was unique - some from Russia, Eastern Europe, etc. Good service, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and TheaterDjoiWDined on 5/16/2013This was my first visit and I loved the food, service, ambience, and locattion to the Knight Theater where were going to see Traces. The hummus and the kabobs were excellent. The veggies were perfect. Food presentation was beautifully done. I actually will be coming back for dinner and the theater on the 28th. Levant's is a gem and I am so glad a friend recommended it. Keep up the good work. You are a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Our first time at Levant will not be our last! We had a wonderful dinner prior to attending a show the Knight. We ate early, arrived to a nearly empty restaurant that got busier before we left. The menu offered many options. I ordered the Mediterranean shrimp skewers, my husband ordered a meat kebob -- along with selected sides. All were delicious, beautifully presented. My sides were so good that I'm considering making a meal of those the next time we go. Service was gracious and personable. This is the perfect place for a dining treat when you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013Great selection of Mediterranean dishes and great service. If you don't have a big appetite I suggest splitting a couple of the Mezza plates, more than plenty!Special Features:
- Interesting place - quiet,SharonDined on 3/30/2013Interesting place - quiet, unique but a bit gaudy decor, service fair... Food was the definitely the hit if the night - made the other oddities unimportant.Special Features:
- Solid Mediterranean food,JoseVIPDined on 2/18/2013Solid Mediterranean food, although restaurant needs better marketing - we were one of two tables there.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and ambiance... the lamb chops were the best I had in Charlotte- the appetizers were a little small in portion size but very authentic. I eat a lot of middle eastern food and this restaurant got it right!Special Features:
- Culinary delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/26/2013Levant will not disappoint! For a couples night out we ate here prior to a show at the Knight Theatre and can't wait to return. Food and service were wonderful. I'd strongly recommend "Omar's Salad" and the shrimp kabob dinner. On my next visit I'd likely order more small plates to share.Special Features:
- The waiter was attentive andCindyVIPDined on 1/26/2013The waiter was attentive and willing to explain dishes we weren't familiar with. The wine list was not large but had a good selection. Prices were reasonable for the amount of food served. The night we dined, they were out of fish and the veal chops but we enjoyed the mixed kabobs and lamb chops.
- Fabulous!!AliceDined on 1/19/2013Wow! First time here. Food was wonderful!! My husband is Lebanese and we eat a LOT of Lebanese food at home and out, and Levant was wonderful!! We had many small Mezza dishes as well as entree items. Everything was cooked to perfection and true to the Middle Eastern Cuisine. We had a question about parking and called ahead to find that we could park in a lower floor of the building and get our ticket stamped for free exit. I think sometimes this is a question with uptown dining. Beautiful restaurant. Great Service. Thank You!Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013This is one of my favorite restaurants in Charlotte. The atomosphere is beautiful and the food is simply wonderful. Everything is fresh and flavorful. A true dining experience. A real find!Special Features:
- Be Accommodating to Your Only TableOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/18/2012It is apparent to me that this place could be going out of business. I did come dine at 830pm but any good restaurant any day of week would have more than two tables with people and this place did not. It was so quiet, I asked the waiter to turn up the music and he did barely. Probably because the sound was skipping so terribly. The meats were tender and flavored adequately, the fattoush was good. The tzatziki was a soup not a dip. They were out of seafood on the menu except shrimp. I asked the waiter to sub shrimp in one of the dishes, he declined. He did not offer to charge a few more dollars to do so which I would have gladly paid. For a restaurant with our table being the only one eating at the time, that was a disappointing gesture.
- Best Middle Eastern in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/8/2012One of my favorite restaurants, and the best middle eastern cuisine in town. The decor is beautiful, the waiters are helpful, knowledgable and attentive, and the food is authentic and delicious. There's a great variety of appetizers, ranging from those that are more familiar (hummus) to ones that are less common but outstanding (my personal favorite is the mihammara). Main courses also range fom the common to the more traditional, but I've truly enjoyed every dish I've tried. The best deal for your money is the vegetable plate, which is seven (!) items for under $25. You can sample hummus, baba ganoush, mihammara, grape leaves, mijadarra, basmati rice, salads, tabbouleh,and have an incredibly satisfying and delicious meal. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Only customers on a Wednesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/5/2012We were interested in trying The Levant after seeing it make a list of top new restaurants, and we made reservations for a Wednesday night at 8:00. When we got there, we were the only customers, which seemed very odd. Our waiter was helpful, but he told us the menu was going through a transition and they would no longer be serving fish. I also noticed our bill/receipt listed Mizan as the restaurant, not The Levant, so perhaps there are more changes coming? The restaurant was beautiful - dark and intimate with Lebanese-inspired furniture. We skipped an appetizer since most of the appetizers were also sides, and the entrees all came with two sides. We ordered the lamb kabob with hummus and potato and the chicken kabob with falafel and
- Exceptional Middle Easternjehvmd08Dined on 11/23/2012Exceptional Middle Eastern food. I'm Lebanese and it's some of the best food you can find in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Great food. Only wish weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Great food. Only wish we had more dessert options. Everything was fantastic though.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012The only thing was waiter brought us wrong side twice...may have been because of us attempting to pronounce menu items.Special Features:
- Beautifully decorated space.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2012Beautifully decorated space. Very quiet for a Thursday night. Almost same menu as Kabob Grill but more expensive.Special Features: