7748 Regents Rd.
La Jolla, CA 92122Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Leucadia Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leucadiapizza.com/
- Phone: 8585972222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: A.J. Mortazavi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: Leucadia Pizzeria offers catering for all occasions. From business lunches and corporate meetings, to birthday parties and all special occasions, we take care of all your catering needs. We also offer our patio for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Patios is available for private dining and can accommodate from 10 - 60 people.
This is not your typical Pizzeria.....Leucadia Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant has been serving North County for over 25 years. Find out what San Diegans have come to love with over 25 gourmet pizzas, innovated pastas and delicious salads, the selection is amazing. From house-made lasagna, to chicken tortellini with artichoke and sun dried tomatoes, to gluten free pizzas made your way, there is something for every taste. Try the BBQ Chicken Pizza or choose from one of their many delicious toppings to create pizza YOUR way. A delicious basket of homemade garlic bread comes with every meal.
They even have their own pastry chef, Nikki Schaeffer, whose daily creations include chocolate peanut butter mousse, to Jack Daniels Pecan Tarts. She can personalize any order through custom cakes and baking.
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
- Pizza and SaladVineanddineVIPDined on 5/16/2014We ordered pizza and salad. The salads were the star of the evening and the pizzas were just average. Food lacked big flavor. It was a slow Friday night and thought we would get more attention. It seemed as if no one was in charge. We have had better experiences at the original Leucadia Pizza in Leucadia.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Leucadia Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Family get togetherpb1234Dined on 2/5/2014Great place for a family to have dinner without breaking the bank. I always pick up the tab for the family so price is right. Also good selections for the little ones as well. Full bar is a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No serviceCCSDCAVIPDined on 1/25/2014Unable to accurately rate the food as we left before our order was taken due to no one attending to our table. Either our waiter was not notified we were assigned to him or he was vey busy and couln't get to us. Despite asking about having our order taken we still did not see our waiter. When we finally did see him, we decided it was better to leave.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We actually went to the LeucadiaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013We actually went to the Leucadia Pizzeria in Encinitas as opposed to the one in La Jolla by mistake. The staff was very accommodating and seated us regardless of my mistake!Special Features:
- Not a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2013The food is below the average, service so poor. We waited for 50 minutes for a pizza and in the restaurant there were about 5 costumers.
- Food was fair, I had AlfredoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Food was fair, I had Alfredo it was nothing special and the chicken tasted processed. I would like to try the pizza it looked good.
- Pizza wasn't really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2012Pizza wasn't really good, too greasy. Raviolis were delicious though. The painting with Italian scenery all over the wall is gorgeous, makes it very pleasant to be there. We will go back for the raviolis, and try other things on the menu.Special Features:
- We had a party of 14 and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012We had a party of 14 and the service and food were both very good. The staff was attentive and accommodating. Excellent for large parties.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic ItalianCarlaRNVIPDined on 3/17/2012Excellent authentic Italian food, especially for a "chain" restaurant! They bring wonderful garlic bread to table. Huge calzones that were delicious. Surprisingly good Caesar salad. Great place to have in neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great food! Wish the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012Great food! Wish the prices were a tad bit cheaper. Service was good. Waiter seemed like he was rushing us. Nice little restaurant. I would most likely head back there.
- We were out of town and didn'tAndiDined on 2/25/2012We were out of town and didn't know where to eat so we went to Open Table to find a reservation and settled on a restaurant that looked simple that we didn't need to get dressed up for. This place was casual and the service was amazing. This restaurant will not let you leave hungry. We were very pleasantly surprised by their pizza. We ordered the pesto shrimp and it was to die for. Their crust is on the sweeter side which we like but some people may not. Be sure to leave room for dessert. We took 2 desserts to go back to our hotel room and they were the best desserts...although all the desserts looked great.Special Features:
- Only get the pizza... exploredOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/19/2012Only get the pizza... explored other dishesone during restaurant week and it was mediocre at best.
- Our dinner group (which meetsJoanieDined on 1/18/2012Our dinner group (which meets once per month at a different restaurant each time) enjoyed everything - thought the food was very good and would all come again. My husband really enjoyed the leftovers and wants to come in person to try out the full menu. Thanks.Special Features:
- We had a large group and becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2011We had a large group and because the restaurant wanted to serve us at the same time, we all waited a very long time for the food. The food was hot and delicious but the service was way to slow. Everyone was starved by the time it came.Special Features:
- Went for lunch, it was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2011Went for lunch, it was very casual. The food was good. Nothing special, just another typical pizza place.
- Wedding rehearsal luncheon success!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Good food and plenty of it. We ordered trays, rather than individually and there was food left over for nearly everyone to take home. The kids were able to run around a little, without worrying about bothering other diners. Their outside patio is nearly the size of their dining room and we had it to ourselves with around 20 people. Good times.Special Features:
- Good place. Simple and unpretentiouOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/23/2011Good place. Simple and unpretentious. Food seems to be of good quality, but a bit greasy. 50% off bottles of wine on Mondays.
- Anice basic varied menu, generousJimbok64VIPDined on 3/14/2011Anice basic varied menu, generous servings, quick service, and reasonable prices have made me add them to my list of "must stop at" restaurants when I am in the San Diego area.Special Features: