500 Steamboat Rd.
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lescalerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2036614600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 7:00am-10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private events from corporate meetings, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, to intimate private dinners & cocktail receptions
- Private Party Contact: Mario Merturi 2036614600
- Entertainment: Live jazz music Wednesdays and Thursdays starting at 7:30pm featuring Jay Sweeney!
A word from L'Escale
l'escale, which means "port of call", is a restaurant seemingly lifted from glorious Provence and brought back to Earth on the waterfront of Greenwich, CT. l'escale serves an inventive Provencal menu in an atmosphere that captures the warm sun, sea breezes & evocative scents of Southern France.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L'Escale - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
L'Escale reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (96)scenic view (78)special occasion (64)romantic (54)great for lunch (53)great for brunch (35)vibrant bar scene (34)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (23)good for groups (20)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Exceptional ambiance!!SMReusDined on 8/29/2014Best place to go for a date or even a group. Wonderful outdoor seating. Great food but I do not recommend the steak. Service is always great and drink are always fabolous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you only dine out in one placestellaVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is the one to dine out in.....Never has one restaurant in Greenwich and in Lower Fairfield County offered so much. Food. Wine. Excellent lounge and bar area with chill out music and live piano music on select evenings. Service. And of course, killer view..all in one place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wine selection was diverse, Food was superb, Souffle was sumptuous!Special Features:
- Sophisticated feeljaamstewVIPDined on 8/21/2014We felt as if we were in a NYC restaurant. The valet parking , the ambience, the clientele and the menu all added to it. More of a place for a business dinner than a casual family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasurePeterMVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had lunch with one her business associates and as usual, nothing disappointed. The staff is the best, the food excellent and the ambiance (we sat outside looking at at the harbor) just perfect. We have eaten here many times and will continue to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doubleexposureDined on 8/19/2014Kitchen was extremely slow, but manager (john) tried to appease us with offering a round of drinks on the house. We did not accept, but pleased the offer was wisely made. Menu has changed and has become a bit contrived, with side dishes that we did not find appealing. It is a place we have frequented many times, so I know we will try it again at some future date.Special Features:
- Great go earlyHLByrnesVIPDined on 8/19/2014Was there early at 6 before 7:30 movie perfect outdoor spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Escale great place for guestsLovefood2muchDined on 8/18/2014L'Escale has very good food, and our service was excellent. The ambience is very comfortable, and the view is amazing. Where we sat, we were able to open the doors to the deck, so we felt as if we were eating outside, but had the comfort of being indoors.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in GreenwichAdriDined on 8/15/2014The view is beautiful, nothing like this round here. The food is delicious, the ambiance gorgeous, my favorite place is the terrace when the weather is beautiful. For a romantic dinner is perfect! Also to enjoy with friends. I tried with my kids once a time and was fine. Is you can, walk outside and enjoy the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent and lovely!LloydVIPDined on 8/15/2014my standard business lunch venue, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our anniversary dinnerjackal51Dined on 8/11/2014It was our 25th Anniversary. We are not from this area so we trusted our son's recommendation. He made a good one. We ate outside as the weather was near perfect. My wife had the lamb. It was a generous portion; lucky for me because I got to share it. Delicious. I had the seafood pasta. Tasted great though the pasta a little sticky. Yes, I shared mine, too. Good wine selection. They knew it was our anniversary so gave us a plate of fruit and cookies with 'Happy 25th Anniversary' on the plate. Nice touch and much appreciated. The staff was great and all gave us best wishes as we left. I liked it.Special Features:
- We love L'Escale2dinearoundDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful, romantic, very European feel right on Greenwich Harbor. The food is consistently outstanding, everything is fresh and creatively prepared, wine list is great and desserts to die for! The wait staff is friendly and very attentive. The terrace lounge is super comfortable with lots of sun and shade and while your sipping cocktails you have a visual stimulation of beautifully decorated flower pots, Greenwich Harbor sound and fabulous yachts docked along side the restaurant creating a sophiticated but relaxed ambiance. We love L'Escale its really the best place to dine in Greenwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMcJeeDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I stayed in the Delamar hotel and had dinner in L'escale. The dinner really felt special, the waiter was excellent - knowledgable and friendly but not intrusive. The food was excellent, especially the delicious crispy oyster appetiser and Halibut entree. A nice touch was our own little 'happy anniversary' plate of hand made petits fours. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious locationDanoldVIPDined on 8/8/2014Menu holds up well to the fantastic location with view of the Harbor.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Perfect for a summer night. Food was excellent as always. Fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!foodiegalyDined on 8/3/2014Love this place! Delicious food, and amazing ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Lunch!FancyNancyDined on 7/31/2014My friend and I had a wonderful lunch. We split the warm goat cheese salad, which was delicious, and then shared the eggplant Parmesan and bowl of mussels. The sauce on the mussels was perhaps the best I have ever had! We also ordered a fabulous bottle of Argentina wine that our waiter recommended. It was absolutely perfect with our meal. Just a really nice lunch!Special Features:
- Great food, Weird Italianate DecorEricDined on 7/29/2014The food and drinks and service were great! I personally don't like the decor or ambience of the Delamar Hotel, which is Italianate Cheesy. But Greenwich is a pretty weird place in general.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rep45Dined on 7/27/2014Setting is beautiful on a sunny day. The brunch was excellent in its food quality and selection. Service was only fair, not terrible, a bit inattentive. Seating is a little too close outdoors. All in all, would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- picturesque diningLovefood2muchDined on 7/22/2014Great Service. Food, delicious. View, of water, dock, and boats is spectacular. If the temperature is high, it is definitely too warm to sit outside, in spite of a cover overhead, when eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the terraceGourmetDinerDined on 7/22/2014This was not the best lunch I've had at this establishment by any means. Everything seemed off, from the food to the waiter. Such is life sometimes. I love eating on the terrace but I really wish they would invest in new chairs and tables as the current ones are beyond dated and worn and make you wonder what exactly your paying for. Normally I like this place but today was a bad experience. Let's hope it's not a new trend.Special Features:
- Much better than expectedLBNCDined on 7/13/2014Great brunch menu, excellent, friendly staff, waterfront setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view... not the foodRye20FoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014It's fine, nice setting but very mediocre overall.... Average food, smaller portions and poor service. We had to beg for another drink/more water.
- DisappointingDiscriminatingdinerDined on 7/10/2014Water view overrated since wall and railing obscure- and inlet provides only views of yachts up close- not water. Inside looked elegant but we were looking for a sunset. Bar on the "far end" offers the best seating but first come first served. Food B+ but nicely presented.Special Features:
- AandBdiningVIPDined on 7/10/2014We sat outside on a beautiful summer day and really loved the water view! My friend ha a ham and cheese panini and I had a very fresh local greens salad with chicken. Both were very good. The wine was terrific as well. Did not have dessert, but what we saw looked delicious. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014Went to celebrate two friends birthday's, service was bad. One of the birthday girls asked for Second glass of wine having to get the waiters attention, she never received thw Wine. The same person did not get the dessert ordered, had to send back. Restroom Was not clean. We reported all this to the person at the desk.
- July 4th dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014The restaurant was not very crowded which we were surprised by and although the food was good the service was not which made things uncomfortable! They need some help in that dept!
- Al fresco at it's bestKBL3VIPDined on 6/29/2014Although a recent change of guard in the kitchen, the food remains great. Al fresco dining doesn't get better than this. You think you've been transplanted to a waterfront village in the south of France. A vibrant see and be seen energy adds to the chemistry.Special Features:
- So overratedUESCriticVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food for the most part was only fair--the bouillabaisse being especially disappointing with an awful sauce and practically no seafood. The service was non-existent; it took our party of four more than three hours to get served and have dinner. The prices, of course, were out of sight, which you don't mind so much if the overall experience is good, which it wasn't.
- Great Venue all yearFoodiesVIPDined on 6/24/2014We love dining at L'Escale! The ambiance is great both inside and outside on the terrace. They also have a lovely piano bar.. Food and service are always superb. We dine there on average 2 times a week throughout the year. We also highly recommend their Sunday brunch too... Cheers to this favorite Greenwich Gem!Special Features:
- DelightfulmimiDined on 6/24/2014Wonderful special occasion birthday lunch --- staff very accommodating with regard to special dietary concerns of my friend. Love L'escale!!!Special Features:
- Consistantly GreatGEVHDined on 6/23/2014I live in the neighborhood and this is my "GO-TO" place especially for nights and weekends. Everything about this place is consistent: professional and friendly service, great food and the wine list rivals the best places in Greenwich and there is no better spot as for location you're on the harbor. This place is a must experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerCorySDined on 6/22/2014My wife and i went to celebrate our 6 year Anniversary-- was a beautiful summer eve- sat outside on the patio. Atmosphere was great- some summer music coming off the yachts docked right there, a few boats/ferries coming in and out of the inlet- food was fresh and very well prepared- along with a very pleasant wait staff to go along with a great manager/wine sommelier-- John. Overall it was a really enjoyable dinner- couldn't have asked for a better setting and meal to go with my beautiful wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food with great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014L'Escale is a great find for any meal, but for lunch it is much more affordable. The food is delicious and the menu is quite varied from eggs and salad to sandwiches and steak frittes. The desserts are excellent. The service is very good. The ambience is the best. There is outdoor seating on a terrace overlooking the water. It is a great place to dine on a beautiful spring or summer day. The inside of the restaurant is also beautiful.Special Features:
- Lunch June 2014Motherofthegroom2015Dined on 6/17/2014Our waitress was not attentive to us at all. Menu needs to have a description of food offered-I ordered a lobster BLT which would seem self explanatory. It was FILLED with avocado and very little lobster or bacon and was served on a hot dog roll! A huge disappointment for the price!
- L' escaleVelvetUndergroundDined on 6/15/2014We love this restaurant, and its beautiful location on the river. Despite the fact that there were only 3 tables full the service levels were very poor. Our hot food was cold when we got it as it had been left to stand and they failed to bring us things when we asked for them. We were also over charged at the end and had to correct the bill. All in all our experience was not good and if it not for the wonderful location i would seriously question as to whether i would want to go here again. Sad to have not had the experience we had when we first went there :(Special Features:
- A must for vist place for GreenwichCharlesDined on 6/14/2014One of those places that just tick's ALL the boxes. From the moment you arrive, you just know it is going to be good, and you are not disapointed. Whether it is dinner, lunch or brunch, if the sun is shinning then you dont get a better waterside location than this. Everything is fresh and the menu offers variety without being restrictive to those who are not French foodies. A must place to go.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceRobAndJeanneVIPDined on 6/8/2014We arrived for a Sunday evening 7 pm reservation. Menus arrived around 7:30. Food arrived at 8 pm. I had requested a graduation dessert. None arrived. Very disappointed.
- One of our favorites!AlwaysVIPDined on 6/3/2014Food is excellent. Very pretty restaurant. Everyone is very pleasant.Special Features:
- L'Escale reviewConcoursguyDined on 6/1/2014It was next to the Concours so we went. They were only taking reservations. They needed more staff on the schedule that day. It was beautiful inside. They suggested kids brunch buffet & I ordered off the menu. The buffet was a disappointment, the fries were all dried out and there were few offerings. My kid was hungry & didn't want to wait to order from the menu. My food was pretty good. Service: polite but slow. A table of 4 got better attention. Half thru lunch my kid needs to use the bathroom. With our things at table, we told the staff we were going to the bathroom. We returned and our plates were gone. The waitress apologized and offered to bring food from kids buffet. We declined. That was the extent of their service recovery effortSpecial Features: