500 Steamboat Rd.
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lescalerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (203) 661-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday 7:00am-10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday & Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full service private events from corporate meetings, weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, to intimate private dinners & cocktail receptions
- Private Party Contact: Mario Merturi 2036614600
- Entertainment: Live jazz music Wednesdays and Thursdays starting at 7:30pm featuring Jay Sweeney!
A word from L'Escale
l'escale, which means "port of call", is a restaurant seemingly lifted from glorious Provence and brought back to Earth on the waterfront of Greenwich, CT. l'escale serves an inventive Provencal menu in an atmosphere that captures the warm sun, sea breezes & evocative scents of Southern France.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
L'Escale - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
L'Escale reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)special occasion (64)scenic view (61)romantic (49)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (44)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (28)great for brunch (26)hot spot (25)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- thetrierDined on 11/15/2014I was very disappointed. Food was average. Service not very good. My entree was so salty I left most of it and no one asked me why. There was a birthday party for 12 year old girls which was very noisy. Not my best experience
- Delightful wines, straight-forward menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014Sommelier, John Freitas, makes all the difference: the wines and the attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal during Greenwich restaurant weekTweetyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Our first time at L'Escale to take advantage of Greenwich Restaurant Week. Though the menu is limited due to the event, we nevertheless can attest to the high quality of food and service there, in an unpretentious, French country style relaxing environment. I was particularly impressed with how good my pasta dish was considering this is a French restaurant. The wine selection was also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/14/2014Unlike other French restaurants that I am used to in Manhattan, this restaurant is very child friendly. It offers kids menu that is quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingood1VIPDined on 11/14/2014We went during connecticut restaurant week and unfortunately chose the wrong entree. We chose the Papardelle with pork ragu. I should have realized there would be something amiss when it was misspelled on the menu (Parpadelle). It was not to our taste. You don't mixed papardelle and pork ragu with COLLARD GREENS. We gave it a try but were truly disappointed. We like going to L'Escale but were disappointed on this particular day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarefulPrident6666Dined on 11/11/2014This upscale restaurant that replaced the old showboat cozy atmosphere would best be situated in Manhattan. We would have preferred a more rustic and warmer atmosphere. Sorry not our cup of tea... Portions were ridiculously small and drinks were over expensive - Two glasses of wine each for a couple would set you back 100 $ when adding taxes and expected tips. Not worth it.! But then again if the aim is to make money then these owners are on the right track...as long as there are customers for like it...
- Another Great ExperienceFabMirDined on 11/6/2014After being at the bar for many times, I took my wife to L'Escale for a romantic dinner. I could not have chosen a better restaurant. Everything was perfect, especially the food and the amazing desserts! And, best of all: the price was very reasonable if compared with other restaurants with the same quality. We will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotRyeNYpatronDined on 10/29/2014The occasion was two friends' birthdays- The restaurant was busy and full yet we were never rushed and the wait staff was attentive. The presentation of the food was beautiful and delicious. So many appealing choices on the menu, I can't wait to go again to try more. Comfortable and upscale atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Sunday brunchDHinCTDined on 10/26/2014We had a lovely Sunday brunch at L'Escale. Everything was well prepared, the service was fantastic, and the room was very nice. The only minor issue was a working fireplace that made the room smell a bit smoky.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014WE have been hearing about this restaurant for a long time from a French friend of ours who loves it. We finally tried it for your anniversary and it was pefect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The manager was very involved with customers making sure service was efficient. Our waiter was ok. We were in no hurry, but the service was a bit slow. That is very nice when you want to really take in the wonderful romantic atmosphere of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food and bad serviceCbapDined on 10/19/2014The food was bland and service was horrible. The valet left our car running the entire time we were inside, about an hour. when we told the manager he said he didn't believe is. Will never go back
- Refreshing perfectionRlkmDined on 10/18/2014Whenever we spent summers in Greenwich, this was our special occasion restaurant with the whole family or just the two of us. On our 24th anniversary, we wanted a quiet lunch on the terrace and we got it. The lunch was perfect - we've never had a bad meal here. We actually enjoy it more at lunch than at dinner, but that's just us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much promiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/14/2014Beautiful location, but the outdoor seating and decor just does not do the waterfront location justice. Service was poor - often had to stand up to find our server. Inattentive, less than warm service. There are better options at various price points in Greenwich.
- BuyoutStrohdogVIPDined on 10/11/2014Hard to tell whether the restaurant is worth it - they are apparently subject to "buyouts" of the main dining room for events. We stayed in the hotel for our anniversary and I took my wife to L'Escale for dinner, but we were limited to bar seating because a wedding had paid to rent out the entire dining room. I think potential diners should be made aware of this at the time of reservation, as part of the experience is the dining room. I also found the food to be unremarkable. I'd say skip it unless it's a nice day, the room isn't bought out and they have the big doors open to the outside. Go for lunch instead.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/5/2014It's a lovely restaurant in a lovely location, however, the food I had for brunch was just mediocre... The eggs benedict I ordered were cold and tasteless and the omelette my companion ordered was, meh, just ok. A real shame as it does have lovely ambiance and a great view in a great location. They should get a new chef to up the food quality.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerLilyDined on 10/3/2014Food was fantastic, start to finish, and the wine and after dinner drinks were wonderful too. We sat outside, with warm heaters near us and had a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect experience, inside or outFoodie79Dined on 9/26/2014This was our second attempt to dine at L'Escale, and it was worth the wait! From start to finish - pleasant valet to bananas foster - it was wonderful. We were seated immediately, with a choice of tables inside and out. Although the temperatures dipped into the low 60's, it was pleasant for outdoor dining with the well-placed heat lamps. Now for the food...the tuna tartar app was served at the perfect temperature and well-seasoned, and the mussels were devoured. Our selected entrees were halibut and scallops, and both were outstanding (especially the scallops). We topped off with an outstanding bananas foster. Ambiance: there was live music inside, just loud enough to hear on he deck, which we also enjoyed. Going back asap!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Food was excellent - great meal while looking at the water. Perfect place for an after work dinner with friends or co-workers or clientsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HudsonRiverViewsDined on 9/24/2014My second time here, in less than a week. Continues to be steady with an admirable lunch menu. Food is prepared with style and flair. Interesting choices and specials. Service is very attentive and the crowd is well dressed and business like. Sitting outside is a real treat, with views of the harbor. Can get a bit chilly if your not in the sun light. Overall, this is a great place with an upscale back drop for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Calm Gracious ServiceCulinaryglobetrotter7VIPDined on 9/18/2014The service and food here is excellent, the fish and seafood is always fresh, and the desserts make sharing quite difficult1Special Features:
- Always a dining pleasure!Bonbon62VIPDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant has improved since the new manager John has taken over. Great food , amazing waterfront views!Special Features:
- Special place to eatJanJanCanDined on 9/9/2014Took my husband here for his birthday, we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Great service, food and decor/ambiance. The seafood was amazing, love the fact that is sourced daily from a local fisherman whose daughter works there. The scallops were sweet and so fresh. The soufflé is worth the 15 min wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014This is a gem of a place. Outstanding service, beautiful decor inside, outdoor seating with great view. I had a fabulous salad with grilled shrimp. I highly recommend E'scale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AandBdiningVIPDined on 9/4/2014Sitting outside beautiful view of Greenwich harbor. We had the chopped salad with chicken which was very good. Never went for brunch but heard it was very good except that they charge you for coffee. Overall lovely restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive slowest serviceTheresa1VIPDined on 8/31/2014It was the most expensive brunch and the worst food with the slowest service I had ever experienced. It was torturous. I would not recompense and will never go back.Special Features:
- Exceptional ambiance!!SMReusDined on 8/29/2014Best place to go for a date or even a group. Wonderful outdoor seating. Great food but I do not recommend the steak. Service is always great and drink are always fabolous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you only dine out in one placestellaVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is the one to dine out in.....Never has one restaurant in Greenwich and in Lower Fairfield County offered so much. Food. Wine. Excellent lounge and bar area with chill out music and live piano music on select evenings. Service. And of course, killer view..all in one place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationRussellKDined on 8/24/2014Wine selection was diverse, Food was superb, Souffle was sumptuous!Special Features:
- Sophisticated feeljaamstewVIPDined on 8/21/2014We felt as if we were in a NYC restaurant. The valet parking , the ambience, the clientele and the menu all added to it. More of a place for a business dinner than a casual family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasurePeterMVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had lunch with one her business associates and as usual, nothing disappointed. The staff is the best, the food excellent and the ambiance (we sat outside looking at at the harbor) just perfect. We have eaten here many times and will continue to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doubleexposureDined on 8/19/2014Kitchen was extremely slow, but manager (john) tried to appease us with offering a round of drinks on the house. We did not accept, but pleased the offer was wisely made. Menu has changed and has become a bit contrived, with side dishes that we did not find appealing. It is a place we have frequented many times, so I know we will try it again at some future date.Special Features:
- Great go earlyHLByrnesVIPDined on 8/19/2014Was there early at 6 before 7:30 movie perfect outdoor spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Escale great place for guestsLovefood2muchDined on 8/18/2014L'Escale has very good food, and our service was excellent. The ambience is very comfortable, and the view is amazing. Where we sat, we were able to open the doors to the deck, so we felt as if we were eating outside, but had the comfort of being indoors.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in GreenwichAdriDined on 8/15/2014The view is beautiful, nothing like this round here. The food is delicious, the ambiance gorgeous, my favorite place is the terrace when the weather is beautiful. For a romantic dinner is perfect! Also to enjoy with friends. I tried with my kids once a time and was fine. Is you can, walk outside and enjoy the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent and lovely!LloydVIPDined on 8/15/2014my standard business lunch venue, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our anniversary dinnerjackal51Dined on 8/11/2014It was our 25th Anniversary. We are not from this area so we trusted our son's recommendation. He made a good one. We ate outside as the weather was near perfect. My wife had the lamb. It was a generous portion; lucky for me because I got to share it. Delicious. I had the seafood pasta. Tasted great though the pasta a little sticky. Yes, I shared mine, too. Good wine selection. They knew it was our anniversary so gave us a plate of fruit and cookies with 'Happy 25th Anniversary' on the plate. Nice touch and much appreciated. The staff was great and all gave us best wishes as we left. I liked it.Special Features:
- We love L'Escale2dinearoundDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful, romantic, very European feel right on Greenwich Harbor. The food is consistently outstanding, everything is fresh and creatively prepared, wine list is great and desserts to die for! The wait staff is friendly and very attentive. The terrace lounge is super comfortable with lots of sun and shade and while your sipping cocktails you have a visual stimulation of beautifully decorated flower pots, Greenwich Harbor sound and fabulous yachts docked along side the restaurant creating a sophiticated but relaxed ambiance. We love L'Escale its really the best place to dine in Greenwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMcJeeDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I stayed in the Delamar hotel and had dinner in L'escale. The dinner really felt special, the waiter was excellent - knowledgable and friendly but not intrusive. The food was excellent, especially the delicious crispy oyster appetiser and Halibut entree. A nice touch was our own little 'happy anniversary' plate of hand made petits fours. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious locationDanoldVIPDined on 8/8/2014Menu holds up well to the fantastic location with view of the Harbor.Special Features: