222 E Ontario
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lesnomades.net/
- Phone: 3126499010x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Roland Liccioni
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Les Nomades offers a second floor dining room for private events accommodating up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Butera 3126499010x
A word from Les Nomades
One of Chicago’s finest dining experiences awaits you in this elegant town home setting that balances formality and friendliness. Your dinner may be paired with fine wines, as uncommon ingredients come together in perfect harmony. In operation since 1978, Les Nomades remains true to its distinctive character as an oasis of civilized tranquility amidst the bustling activity of its Streeterville location. Culinary creations delight the most discriminating palates. Savor Sautéed Foie Gras, or Lobster Ravioli with seared scallops; Roasted Breast and Confit Leg of Duck, or Duo of Roasted Partridge and Bison. Artisan cheeses are extraordinary and the pastries are sublime.Continued
Please keep in mind that proper attire is required including a jacket for gentlemen.
Please keep in mind that proper attire is required including a jacket for gentlemen.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Les Nomades - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Les Nomades reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (84)fit for foodies (77)romantic (75)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- The Perfect MealCodyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best ever--mushroom soup with truffle foam, terrine with artichoke, Dover Sole and Warm flourless chocolate cake and fresh apple tart with green apple sorbet-- an exquisite evening--one we continue to remember fondlySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a wonderful evening! Both the service and food are impeccable. One of the few restaurants I would return to every time I am in Chicago!Special Features:
- special restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Great menu with food and service to equal the expectation. Friendly and attentive staff with none of the arrogance that you normally receive at high end gourmet restaurants. Creative menu executed flawlessly.Special Features:
- One of the finest dinners yet.DebbieDuckDined on 10/16/2014Delightful quiet ambiance, superb but expensive wine list, attentive service and excellent dinner preparations. Will be back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simply outstanding.TARatkoDined on 10/10/2014From the time you enter the small, but very elegant, space, to the end, it is all I imagined it would be on our first time there. The service was outstanding, quiet, knowledgeable, unobtrusive yet everything was taken care of with a level of professionalism and polish that is rare these days. The food - outstanding. I chose the sauteed fois gras (wow!), the mushroom soup (bowl licking good...), duck breast and confit (delightful) and the molten flourless chocolate cake. My wife chose the asparagus salad, stone crab salad, braised beef shortrib entree and pumpkin creme brulee - all outstanding. We both chose the wine pairings which were generous and excellent to our tastes. Of course, this quality does not come cheap, but you get what you pay for here. It's worth it. Period. Les Nomades would fit very well in Lyon, France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nomadic French tastes: PerfectSplendidDined on 10/8/2014I am no stranger to great French food in France. This was not French food in France; it was in Chicago in at "Les Nomades" for a reason: it had all of the earmarks of a French classic meal, but with that additional probing desire to take it beyond which it did. My traditional foie gras was paired impecably with a sweet wine to complement without being a sauternes. My good friend got the asparagus risotto, the likes of which he had never tasted. Paired with a white wine we would share for the fish course, it was perfect. We both had red meat for the main, paired with a Margaux--pricey but perfect. We shared cheese and the Passion Fruit dessert for a menu finisher, again just right. Lovely; splendid. Immaculate service, care, joy in tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingDaveInChicagoVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food and service were outstanding, yet unpretentious. The wine list was a work of art; so many choices to fit every budget. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Without flawTheoDined on 10/3/2014Les Nomades is our favorite restaurant by far. It has never disappointed in any way. The service, food presentation and preparation, menu choices, ambiance etc. are all perfect. It is not inexpensive but all is so good you don't care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeIdliboyDined on 10/2/2014First time- been meaning to go there. Service was outstanding. The food was good, but, I was expecting more from other reviews. Maybe my expectation was too high. There was no rush for us to leave even though we were the last customers. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- Best restaurant meal in ageswolfcookerVIPDined on 9/27/2014What a fabulous place. After trying several wait months, buy a ticket, molecular gastronomy circuses, Les Nomades is like going to heaven. You have several choices for each of 5 or 7 courses. What a concept. The food is beautifully presented and tastes amazing. there is an exceptional list of wines by the glass, quite reasonably priced. The service couldn't possibly be better, always there but non intrusive. This is the best restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:
- Lovely spotMMKMDined on 9/26/2014We had no idea that this was the old La Francais chef/owner & were so pleasantly surprised to learn it was. I can't remember last time we had such outstanding food, great service & an exceptional wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Excellent8523Dined on 9/23/2014Everything about Les Nomades is great. Chef Roland Liccioni and owner Mary Beth Liccioni have managed to give expression to their vision without corrupting authentic classic style -- which is maintained fundamentally in the cuisine and ambience. For me, Les Nomades' attention to classic excellence, makes it simply excellent!Special Features:
- Quiet & LovelyNaplesNativeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Classic French cuisine, very traditional, formal, delicious food, extensive wine list, excellent service, very quiet...almost too quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencenotgr8Dined on 9/20/2014Found 'by accident' in walk on street. Interesting menu prompted us to try it. Not disappointed. Food is excellent: well prepared, beautifully presented, person-sized portions. Service is impeccable: unobtrusive, efficient, courteous. Noise level low, even as more patrons arrived. Altogether a very much enjoyed dining experience. Will certainly return when in town.Special Features:
- expesnive--but worth ithighlandsDined on 9/19/2014the food was very good and out of the ordinary, the service was great, it was very expensive $200 plus per person.Special Features:
- DisappointingPaulaDined on 9/18/2014For the most expensive meal we've ever had, (with 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers about $190 each with tip) my husband and I were a disappointed. First, we were seated next to a group of 10 having a wine tasting even though we had had reservations for at least a month. The service had started out great, but once that group arrived we were not their priority + it got very noisy. Also, although none of the food was bad, it was just OK. The presentation of each plate was, as you would expect, very nice. We've even had better dessert soufflés, usually my favorite at other restaurants.Special Features:
- i was underwhelmedcaroleVIPDined on 9/16/2014I did not think much of this meal. It was OK....not bad ...but not worth any of the brew haha. the room is nondescript and the service was good. however, the food was not stand out. i dont think it is up to par or worth it. I know that is cruel but just my opinion.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Great place for an anniversary dinner. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014In the current environment of "small plates meant to share" which arrive at the table when it suits the kitchen it is a true pleasure to dine at Les Nomades. Elegant, discreet and seductive. Having to be properly attired is part of the experience. We appreciate what they do there and look forward to returning. Just exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love everything about this place!MikeBikerVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love this place! Everything from the moment you walk in and are greeted by Mary Beth (she even came out to the car to greet us and walk us in) is wonderful. The staff are all wonderful as is every plate of food. If you go in the winter time the fireplace only adds to the ambiance. Best dining experience in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mooresyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Hands down the best dining experience i've had in a long time..service, flavors, relaxed pace of the evening..standouts were the sauteed fois gras dish and asparagus with truffle as well as the loup de mer specialSpecial Features:
- fabulouskacyroleDined on 8/27/2014We have dined here several times, always for special occasions, and have never been disappointed. This is a lovely restaurant with excellent service and outstanding food preparation and presentation. It is rare for me to read a menu and wish I could order everything because it all sounds so delicious, but that is the case at Les Nomades. We asked our captain to pair wines by the glass with our menu selections and they were all perfect matches. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive with very mediocre foodSteveVIPDined on 8/26/2014Was in Chicago for a few days last week and decided to try Les Nomades. Good: the restaurant has an elegant decor and good service. Bad: the food was very mediocre. Extremely disappointing given the high price. I don't mind paying up for good food, but Les Nomades is very poor value. I will not return and would not recommend it.
- Anniversary DinnerMartiniVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have celebrated our last 2 wedding anniversaries here, very romantic! So love to get dressed up for dinner & this is the place for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a FavoriteLauraVIPDined on 8/22/2014We have been going to Les Nomades for many years. Almost every trip from DC to Chicago includes a dinner here. It has to be among the most beautiful restaurants around and every dish is exquisite and delicious. When you book a table it is yours and you will want to spend time there. Cannot say enough about this very special place.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysVinnyDined on 8/15/2014This is one of the very best dining room in Chicago. It is more like a private club that it used to be. The tasting menu has extensive choices for each course which is a pleasant surprise since boutique restaurants tend to have smaller choices so that they can present the few things that they do very well. It is hard to have vast and varies list of choices, about a Dozen for each course. The service also befits a private club. The wait staff is formal but understated. In my book this place should have two Michelin stars. It is way better than the Everest room to w.hich it is sometimes compared. I consider only Spiaggia as it's equal. While it has great view it does not have the ambience of Les NomadesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceWillyDined on 8/9/2014There are too few places like this left in the city. A wonderful ambience that makes you feel special the minute you enter. Excellent food and attentive service complete the package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely superbfelipeDined on 8/8/2014Best dining I have had in a long time. The food is excellent. The service and ambiance are perfect for dining out with a loved one or a group of friends. Great wine selection. Staff was very courteous and helped make our dinner a most memorable experience. The diners that night all looked decent, classy and proper without being snobbish. Oh, don't forget to order the souffle. Need I add that the cost of the dinner makes it even better? Check their website.Special Features:
- best french restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is our 6th time at this restaurant and we are never disappointed. The food and service are some of the best in the city of Chicago. We often go for our anniversary and always have a memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/7/2014We selected Les Nomades based on other reviews from OpenTable. As the title suggests, it was a good dining experience but not a great one. The service was excellent, attentive and courteous. The wine list was extensive and we received wonderful assistance in making a selection. The food was good and beautifully presented. But we had expected better given the reputation, reviews and price. Perhaps we came on a bad night.
- Always 5 starDBPatentVIPDined on 8/1/2014If there is a better restaurant in Chicago, I have not found it. Les Nomades is not trendy, nor avant guard and certainly not cheap. But it is elegant and fantastic. It is always our choice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Les Nomades BYOBOneTinyMintDined on 7/31/2014Visited for our Anniversary. 2nd visit, but first on a Thurs for BYOB night. Very few patrons which is why they promote their no-corkage policy for Thursdays. Service was down from previous visits, possibly also because of the 'slow' night. Instead of breads being offered individually by waiters, there was just a bowl of bread placed on the table. But the level of the cuisine was up to par. Portions always just right. Temperature perfect. Strangely, the shaved black truffle had very little flavor and the foie gras enriched sauce for the sweetbreads tasted like the bordelaise served alongside for the rib eye. But those are small disappointments. The balance of the meal was delicious and the ambience is always serene and elegant.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceElegantEveningDined on 7/25/2014Not living in Chicago, we cannot visit Les Nomades regularly, but we try to make it a priority each time we visit the city. I have been a guest at the restaurant for at least 15 years and have never been disappointed. The greeting is warm, the service is unobtrusive but attentive, the menu provides a range that should please nearly everyone, and the food is excellent. I have introduced several people to the restaurant and they now share my enthusiasm.Special Features:
- High end in every way.EmmyVIPDined on 7/25/2014We always come here to celebrate. We always enjoy ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent dinnerJasmineDined on 7/24/2014We were celebrating and the dinner and service was superb. Thank you for the divine evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LesNomadesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014We have dined at Les Nomades a number of times and this time was equal to what we recall. We had the four course meal which was very adequate for us. Each course was creatively and carefully prepared. Each course was delicious. The meal seemed perfect for a Pinot noir, so we asked the wine steward for his recommendation of three wines that I had researched and ended up with a Louis Jadot 2009 Gevrey Chambertin. It was superb with the meal. It was a real treat to be back at Les Nomades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2014A small romantic dining room, outstanding service and food, large offering of French wine. Makes for a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was beyond belief!Foodlover54Dined on 7/9/2014We are foodies and dine Chicago feverishly. Les Nomades did not disappoint! The food was amazing! Our server was extremely Knowledgeable about the food and was perfectly attentive without being stuffy. It was great! I recommend it to the toughest critics!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- compliments to the chefblissDined on 7/5/2014Everything was prepared perfectly, fresh & delightful, the service was impeccable. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be a gemTexmexVIPDined on 7/3/2014Walking through the door one is transformed back in time to the glory of fine dining. The service, the selections and ambience impeccable! We had the best pate and duck confit outside of f France.Special Features:
- The following 837 reviews are from the Les Nomades reviews archive.