222 E Ontario
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lesnomades.net/
- Phone: (312) 649-9010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Roland Liccioni
- Dress Code: Jacket Required
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Les Nomades offers a second floor dining room for private events accommodating up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Butera 3126499010x
A word from Les Nomades
One of Chicago’s finest dining experiences awaits you in this elegant town home setting that balances formality and friendliness. Your dinner may be paired with fine wines, as uncommon ingredients come together in perfect harmony. In operation since 1978, Les Nomades remains true to its distinctive character as an oasis of civilized tranquility amidst the bustling activity of its Streeterville location. Culinary creations delight the most discriminating palates. Savor Sautéed Foie Gras, or Lobster Ravioli with seared scallops; Roasted Breast and Confit Leg of Duck, or Duo of Roasted Partridge and Bison. Artisan cheeses are extraordinary and the pastries are sublime.Continued
Please keep in mind that proper attire is required including a jacket for gentlemen.
Please keep in mind that proper attire is required including a jacket for gentlemen.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Les Nomades - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Les Nomades reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (85)romantic (82)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I can't think of a more perfect dining experience than Les Nomades. The people there are so accommodating, warm and welcoming. I love that for such an upscale place there is zero pretentiousness. The food is impeccable. The escargot, the calamari, the short ribs and sweet breads, it doesn't matter - just close your eyes and taste. Then taste all the subtlety. Add to all that the great wine list and the dining room. I would like to add that my wife and I prefer the upstairs dining room to the downstairs dining room. It is just a bit more cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/22/2014We shared our meals. Everything was very good. It's a romantic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable experiencejsp14VIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary at Les Nomades and it was a wonderful, truly memorable experience. The food was meticulously presented and expertly prepared, each course better than the last. A terrific, wide range of wines at all price points. Our waiter was friendly, supremely professional, and knowledgeable about every aspect of the menu. The rest of the staff was equally helpful and pleasant. The ambiance was exceedingly charming and sophisticated. In short, we essentially had a perfect evening. I very much look forward to returning one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellarAmiciDined on 11/8/2014Have dined at Les Nomades for many anniversary dinners and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant in ChicagoGoodFoodNotTrendsVIPDined on 11/8/2014We come to Les Nomades for family special occasions, and we are never disappointed. The intimate, French Art Deco atmosphere is unique and the food, wine and service are outstanding. We have found other top spots in Chicago (and we've been to almost all of them at least once) to be hit or miss for at least one person at the table each time, but Les Nomades means we all go home happy. The restaurant is a well-loved family business and it shows.Special Features:
- Classical formal dinningVvddDined on 11/1/2014Very good traditional french food. Very well executed. Great variety of wines, excellent atention, being greeted by the owner is a plus. Ambience feels serious and solemn crowd is on the mature side. Perfect to eat ecxelent food and have a nice quiet conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quietJoshDined on 11/1/2014We had a nice dinner. However the seating felt a little uncomfortable and it was almost painfully quiet. It is in an older building with a lot of charm. The decor is traditional. The food was really wonderful. We were disappointed on wines by the glass because we had so many different seafood and beef selections, they really prefer you to choose wines by the bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerbladyVIPDined on 11/1/2014A Chicago treasure that improves with age. An oasis found in the heart of a vibrant city which offers diners the true meaning of "fine dining".Special Features:
- From NY & What a Treat!ShopgirlVIPDined on 10/30/2014We were visiting for business from NY and we could not have picked a lovelier dining experience. The cuisine, service & ambience were all very enjoyable. We highly recommend Les Nomades !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfectBlondieVIPDined on 10/29/2014The dining room is Old World elegant with exquisite flowers and Lalique appointments, and the food and service are incomparable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, tired decorchuckmac07VIPDined on 10/28/2014terrific menu, execution and plating. absolutely 5 stars. but servers were 'stiff' and setting reminded me of my grandmother's sitting room. if that's their target demographic, then the place is a home run. but it seemed very tired and dated to a couple of 40-somethings. too bad, because again, food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishfanDined on 10/25/2014The food was very good. I took my 20 yr old son and his girlfriend and my only complaint was that it was a much older clientele and a little stuffy. They need to update the decor.Special Features:
- The Best in ChicagoDBPatentVIPDined on 10/25/2014Les Nomades is our favorite restaurant in Chicago. If you prefer your food "deconstructed" or presented in a way that leaves you guessing as to which is the food and which is serving try, then go elsewhere. But if you prefer classic, beautiful presentations of great dishes accompanied by great service, then I highly recommend Les Nomades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalPatFDined on 10/22/2014Both the service and food was exceptional- a great way for us to celebrate our 36th anniversary!Special Features:
- DariusVIPDined on 10/22/2014Classic, personable, home style elegant dining from a bygone era. A true gem rarely found except in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect MealCodyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best ever--mushroom soup with truffle foam, terrine with artichoke, Dover Sole and Warm flourless chocolate cake and fresh apple tart with green apple sorbet-- an exquisite evening--one we continue to remember fondlySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always a wonderful evening! Both the service and food are impeccable. One of the few restaurants I would return to every time I am in Chicago!Special Features:
- special restaurant experienceimpressednewyorkerDined on 10/16/2014Great menu with food and service to equal the expectation. Friendly and attentive staff with none of the arrogance that you normally receive at high end gourmet restaurants. Creative menu executed flawlessly.Special Features:
- ExceptionalLorenDined on 10/16/2014Everything was absolutely fantastic. The food, wine, service, and ambience made it a very special dining experience for my guest and I. In fact, we were enjoying ourselves so much that we didn't realize that we had been dining and engaged in conversation for three and a half hours. We would highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the finest dinners yet.DebbieDuckDined on 10/16/2014Delightful quiet ambiance, superb but expensive wine list, attentive service and excellent dinner preparations. Will be back ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelingmainahsDined on 10/16/2014Our meal was amazing, perfect from start to finish! The BEST frois gras we've ever had! Souffle, omg!Staff was attentive, helpful. Next trip to Chicago, we'll do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French FareMLH82VIPDined on 10/11/2014Classis French fare and the escargot could not be beat. The only lacking part of the night was our server was a bit cold, otherwise the prix fixe menu was very good and I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simply outstanding.TARatkoDined on 10/10/2014From the time you enter the small, but very elegant, space, to the end, it is all I imagined it would be on our first time there. The service was outstanding, quiet, knowledgeable, unobtrusive yet everything was taken care of with a level of professionalism and polish that is rare these days. The food - outstanding. I chose the sauteed fois gras (wow!), the mushroom soup (bowl licking good...), duck breast and confit (delightful) and the molten flourless chocolate cake. My wife chose the asparagus salad, stone crab salad, braised beef shortrib entree and pumpkin creme brulee - all outstanding. We both chose the wine pairings which were generous and excellent to our tastes. Of course, this quality does not come cheap, but you get what you pay for here. It's worth it. Period. Les Nomades would fit very well in Lyon, France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nomadic French tastes: PerfectSplendidDined on 10/8/2014I am no stranger to great French food in France. This was not French food in France; it was in Chicago in at "Les Nomades" for a reason: it had all of the earmarks of a French classic meal, but with that additional probing desire to take it beyond which it did. My traditional foie gras was paired impecably with a sweet wine to complement without being a sauternes. My good friend got the asparagus risotto, the likes of which he had never tasted. Paired with a white wine we would share for the fish course, it was perfect. We both had red meat for the main, paired with a Margaux--pricey but perfect. We shared cheese and the Passion Fruit dessert for a menu finisher, again just right. Lovely; splendid. Immaculate service, care, joy in tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingDaveInChicagoVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food and service were outstanding, yet unpretentious. The wine list was a work of art; so many choices to fit every budget. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Without flawTheoDined on 10/3/2014Les Nomades is our favorite restaurant by far. It has never disappointed in any way. The service, food presentation and preparation, menu choices, ambiance etc. are all perfect. It is not inexpensive but all is so good you don't care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeIdliboyDined on 10/2/2014First time- been meaning to go there. Service was outstanding. The food was good, but, I was expecting more from other reviews. Maybe my expectation was too high. There was no rush for us to leave even though we were the last customers. Fantastic service.Special Features:
- Best restaurant meal in ageswolfcookerVIPDined on 9/27/2014What a fabulous place. After trying several wait months, buy a ticket, molecular gastronomy circuses, Les Nomades is like going to heaven. You have several choices for each of 5 or 7 courses. What a concept. The food is beautifully presented and tastes amazing. there is an exceptional list of wines by the glass, quite reasonably priced. The service couldn't possibly be better, always there but non intrusive. This is the best restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:
- Lovely spotMMKMDined on 9/26/2014We had no idea that this was the old La Francais chef/owner & were so pleasantly surprised to learn it was. I can't remember last time we had such outstanding food, great service & an exceptional wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Excellent8523Dined on 9/23/2014Everything about Les Nomades is great. Chef Roland Liccioni and owner Mary Beth Liccioni have managed to give expression to their vision without corrupting authentic classic style -- which is maintained fundamentally in the cuisine and ambience. For me, Les Nomades' attention to classic excellence, makes it simply excellent!Special Features:
- Quiet & LovelyNaplesNativeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Classic French cuisine, very traditional, formal, delicious food, extensive wine list, excellent service, very quiet...almost too quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencenotgr8Dined on 9/20/2014Found 'by accident' in walk on street. Interesting menu prompted us to try it. Not disappointed. Food is excellent: well prepared, beautifully presented, person-sized portions. Service is impeccable: unobtrusive, efficient, courteous. Noise level low, even as more patrons arrived. Altogether a very much enjoyed dining experience. Will certainly return when in town.Special Features:
- expesnive--but worth ithighlandsDined on 9/19/2014the food was very good and out of the ordinary, the service was great, it was very expensive $200 plus per person.Special Features:
- DisappointingPaulaVIPDined on 9/18/2014For the most expensive meal we've ever had, (with 2 glasses of wine and 2 beers about $190 each with tip) my husband and I were a disappointed. First, we were seated next to a group of 10 having a wine tasting even though we had had reservations for at least a month. The service had started out great, but once that group arrived we were not their priority + it got very noisy. Also, although none of the food was bad, it was just OK. The presentation of each plate was, as you would expect, very nice. We've even had better dessert soufflés, usually my favorite at other restaurants.Special Features:
- i was underwhelmedcaroleVIPDined on 9/16/2014I did not think much of this meal. It was OK....not bad ...but not worth any of the brew haha. the room is nondescript and the service was good. however, the food was not stand out. i dont think it is up to par or worth it. I know that is cruel but just my opinion.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Great place for an anniversary dinner. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014In the current environment of "small plates meant to share" which arrive at the table when it suits the kitchen it is a true pleasure to dine at Les Nomades. Elegant, discreet and seductive. Having to be properly attired is part of the experience. We appreciate what they do there and look forward to returning. Just exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love everything about this place!MikeBikerVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love this place! Everything from the moment you walk in and are greeted by Mary Beth (she even came out to the car to greet us and walk us in) is wonderful. The staff are all wonderful as is every plate of food. If you go in the winter time the fireplace only adds to the ambiance. Best dining experience in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mooresyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Hands down the best dining experience i've had in a long time..service, flavors, relaxed pace of the evening..standouts were the sauteed fois gras dish and asparagus with truffle as well as the loup de mer specialSpecial Features:
- fabulouskacyroleDined on 8/27/2014We have dined here several times, always for special occasions, and have never been disappointed. This is a lovely restaurant with excellent service and outstanding food preparation and presentation. It is rare for me to read a menu and wish I could order everything because it all sounds so delicious, but that is the case at Les Nomades. We asked our captain to pair wines by the glass with our menu selections and they were all perfect matches. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.