Les Noces du Figaro
618 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90014Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Noces du Figaro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/LesNocesDuFigaro
- Phone: 2136222116x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 9.30 am - 9.30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 8:00 am - 11 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am - 9.30:00 pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Les Noces du Figaro
Les Noces du Figaro is a classic French Brasserie in downtown Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Les Noces du Figaro - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Les Noces du Figaro reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- This place was closed.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Despite Open Table and their website indicating otherwise, Les Noces du Figaro was closed on a Saturday at Noon. We're talking garage-style doors pulled down behind their doors and windows closed and their front patio area looking like it hadn't been swept/cleaned in days. So either this place is closed for good or their hours of operation are in dire need of updating.
- PSmithVIPDined on 9/6/2014Very attentive staff and a new more streamlined menu, I like. Always love the Onion Soup! Fish was fresh and the Eclaire was most tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014This place is gorgeous. I had been looking all over Downtown for a restaurant that would host my rehearsal dinner. I finally found a place two months ago, before coming to this restaurant. I wish I had known about Les Noces du Figaro before! This restaurant is not only gorgeous but the food is delicious and the service is fabulous. I took a tour of the upstairs area and I was told it could hold up to 200 guests. It was huge!! I may host my next dinner party or birthday party there. I live in downtown and didn't even know about this restaurant until I saw them listed on dineLa. The waiter was great too!-he was so helpful and attentive. I will definitely be coming back!!!!Special Features:
- Great Cocktails and FoodFellowshipofthefooodDined on 7/20/2014The service was exceptional. We had the trout and calamari and they were both very good. The happy hour is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst place everpd2008Dined on 7/19/2014There was nothing I can recommend except dont ever come here. The service is really bad and I would never come back here.
- Not much to look at on the outsideJoGSpot4FoodVIPDined on 7/18/2014But the interior is really cool and the food is great. Try a cocktail. The bartenders know what they are doing. The bakery items are amazing as well.Special Features:
- Want to love it, but...rednikkiDined on 7/16/2014We desperately want to love this place. The decor and ambience are wonderful. However, every time we give it a chance, it comes up short and this meal was no different. The ratatouille appetizer was glorious. Then we got to the entree. I ordered the vegetarian gnocchi. There was bacon in it. I had to show the bacon to the server in order to get him to take it back. He later told me that the chef had first ladled out my partner's meal (coq au vin) and then ladled out mine with the same spoon, hence the bacon. Disappointing.
- Not enough staffjonjohnocVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had booked in advance for a large group (10 people). When we got there, they only had one waiter and one busboy. We ordered and it took 40 minutes to get our appetizers. And then another 40 minutes to get our main courses. I am guessing that the kitchen was underdstaffed even though we orderder off the set menu. The food was overall good but the wait time was not acceptible.Special Features:
- JeanniejeannieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Les Noces du Figaro is and upscale restaurant and adds a main attraction on Broadway for foodies. Unfortunately, the service left everything to be desired. In all fairness, our waiter was personable and tried to make the best of a bad situation. Not all wine was available from the wine list. I had to ask for a fork TWICE, I received the wrong entrée, our salad was not split as requested and water/bread arrived when we were almost finished with our meal. Service was too disjointed and no one seemed to be in control of the orderly progression of the food delivery. Our waiter tried to make amends by providing coffee and cookies on the house. Excellent food, poor serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriserangodogVIPDined on 6/11/2014Attended LA Conservancy "Last Remaining Seats" at the Los Angeles Theater and found this lovely restaurant across the street. The service was efficient, food was good, desserts looked wonderful, but I didn't partake. A nice new find on Broadway. Check it out next time you are downtown.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 6/1/2014Please, keep talking about this fine establishment! More people, it's fine food! A great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We tried this restaurant because we were dropping our daughter off for Prom on Spring street, and this looked good on Open Table. The staff are extremely nice and helpful, and the food was fantastic. Some of the best escargot I've had, and the basil infused vodka martini was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Les Noces du Figaro reviews archive.
- Just an unlucky day, I guess....LuvfoodDined on 5/25/2014Nice waiter. "French" staff..had air of arrogance...not customer friendly. One plate was served with spoiled smelly filet mignon. Reordered then came modicum well when rare was ordered. The second plate had strange coloring potato side that smelled too strong of cumin....or what????? Espresso was good and so were their bread n pastries.
- Duck Confit!!greenieVIPDined on 5/18/2014I'll try any restaurant downtown in a historic building but this one delivered on ambiance and flavour. Our server was very friendly. Interior is cute. It was a Sunday evening, and after a few families left, we had the place all to ourselves so it was very quiet but supposedly they are busy for their happy hour. Drinks and bread were good, duck confit was delicious, (hubby said filet was very good), souffle was not the best I've had but wasn't bad either. Will definitely go again.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014We had a wonderful time. We loved everything we ordered. Service was owesome. Will come back againSpecial Features:
- good late nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/2/2014Friendly service, french food, interesting wine list. Bit loud as there was salsa dancing upstairs with a band. Would go again.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 4/13/2014Always a pleasure to be in this fine restaurant in downtown! It was very quiet, one or two tables taken, though I was late in the evening, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- French GemTownieDined on 3/30/2014Elegant - tasty and full of flavor - this is the food and the interior. Really loved the happy hour specials. Ravioli dish was perfection with a great sauce that didn't overpower and not too much sauce. Friend had the slider burger and fries - grilled nicely with lots of flavor. The crispy fries rounded out our meal. I enjoyed my Kir Royal. You'll see us here again -- many timesSpecial Features:
- Did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014I've been wanting to come here for about 2 years and finally did for brunch. It was lovely. The decor was charming. The food was delicious. The service fun. I like NOT being rushed on weekends and I got that. The waiter was hilarious ans fun. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French with a FlairkatawumpasDined on 3/24/2014Dinner was excellent. We ordered coq au vin and cassoulet. It's hard to fin d authentic versions of these dishes, so we really appreciated them. Outstanding service from Kareem. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014The food was amazing, our server was friendly and funny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French food & ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014I found this restaurant on the internet and decided to meet a friend for dinner. We had great seats near the front to enjoy the street scene while we dined. I had Chicken- delicious. It had just a light crunch to it. My friend had the pork chop- very moist & tasty. Our waiter did seem to be a bit anxious to take our order even though the 2 hours we we spent dining the restaurant had only a small number of diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful experiencedowntownmanVIPDined on 2/27/2014The restaurant tried to cancel my reservation without notifying me because it was for 930 and they closed at 10. Claimed open table must have made a mistake (which it didn't). When I showed the hostess the reservation confirmation on my phone she gave me and my girlfriend attitude and started issuing bogus excuses. I never even got seated. Pathetic.
- Must have been understaffedsylronDined on 2/19/2014Must have been understaffed that evening- service a bit slow and menu was shortened. We learned later that changes are being made and the menu is being enhanced, as it was when we dined in the past. The best- is the waiter actually asked how the salmon should be prepared! Good idea because I recently had lunch at a new restaurant in West Hollywood and the salmon was very rare-one person asked for it to be cokked a bit longer. Perhaps waiters should ask how the salmon should be cooked- so often it is extremely rare and it isn't sushi!Special Features:
- Memorable EveningSheridanWhitesideVIPDined on 2/15/2014I took a few friends who were here from NYC to Les Noces for dinner. We we greeted by Karim, who made us feel as though we were regular patrons of the bistro. I have been to Paris many times, and he has the same French "attitude" that we all love to hate. He knew his menu quite well, and made some wonderful recommendations. The cod was superb, and my duck confit was quite tasty, albeit a bit small. The wine was also outstanding. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Disappointed with our Service...FoodieByNatureDined on 2/14/2014I dined here for Valentine's Day as I was excited about the Yelp and Opentable reviews! I loved the French details in the restaurant along with the special decor for the evening-candelabras, buckets of wine, and rose petals...I chose this location over 4 other places and was excited about the food overall but the service from Laura equated to that of a family run diner. It took 8 minutes to receive water, and over 20 minutes for her to come to the table. She approached us with a hello and simply requested our order. No welcome, no warmth, no hospitality whatsoever. Thanks for a great First Valentine's Day Laura! I won't be coming back JUST because of her!Special Features:
- Slow serviceWobblyBadgerDined on 2/9/2014The place was virtually empty, yet the service was appallingly slow - waited forever for a cappuccino, then they brought the wrong Moules dish, then they forgot the fries that were supposed to come with it.
- What a great restaurant inBKeushDined on 2/1/2014What a great restaurant in an upcoming old theater area. The food exceeded our expectations in presentation and flavor. Would love to try it early morning for special coffee drinks and their in house bakery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprise in theMaddyVIPDined on 1/6/2014A pleasant surprise in the middle of downtown , great food and ambiance !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timePointhoarderVIPDined on 12/27/2013We had a Living Social voucher. We had appetizers that weren't included but they were excellent. The calamari was one of the best we've ever had. Very lightly fried and not greasy. Beef carpaccio was also great. The steak that came with the voucher was okay but nothing we would ever order again. The steak was tough and fatty. The sneak knives had seen better days. They need to be replaced since they wobbled when cutting the steak. They must be left over from an old Ponderosa Steak House. Not what one one would expect from an old school French restaurant. The place is worth trying.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughailehpoDined on 12/11/2013Although the surrounding area of the restaurant was less than inviting, once you walk through the door it's a completely different vibe. Nice restaurant with a little bakery off to the side with delicious macarons!! Food was excellent, wine selection was excellent also. Very good service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortuately and for a SaturdayddddVIPDined on 11/23/2013Unfortuately and for a Saturday night, the restaurant was very quiet....which is unfortunate since it is really a good restaurant, good service (Amit... you are a good waitress), and ambiance is upscaled from the normal bistro. Being in DT LA is a great thing, but being on Broadway is not....this street is not built up yet BUT I feel that give it a couple of years and Broadway will be OK. I will definitely go back to the restaurant in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a bad locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2013Standard French food was good, not great. Escargot was better than Coquille St Jacques as appetizer. Bread was fresh and delicious and wine was great and a great value at Happy Hour prices. The meal, one rib eye and one filet, each with sides of potatoes and vegetables, was tasty, but not memorable. Portions were large. There were a few things I djdn 't like. The location in a really run down part of downtown LA was off-putting. Though there was valet parking, I think they only have it on weekends, and I would not park my car and walk to the restaurant. The restaurant was lovely, and very different from many I frequent, but the large, empty rooms made me uncomfortable. Service was slow despite few customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our group!mcthomDined on 10/26/2013I took a large group here and we had a great time. Excellent food (enough to bring some home--yum), good service and nice ambiance. I felt everyone went out of their way to ensure everything was good with our group. We went on a Sat night at 6:30 pm and had no problems with waiting or anything else. Valets take care of parking ($8 I think). I would definitely bring a group here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite downtown LA brunchvegout10Dined on 10/22/2013A good brunch place in downtown Los Angeles is hard to find. This place is it. Believe me. This restaurant is also our special occasion, quiet, romantic place. The food is delicious, and we go for the vegetarian options....excellent, especially when you want a nice main course, and are not in the mood for asian vegetarian. Comparison restaurant for downtown LA is probably Bottega Louie, but French-American cuisine, without the noise and crowds. Figaro also has scrumptious baked goods behind glass cases that look like art work. Don't let gritty Broadway scare you away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was hoping forjkotDined on 10/11/2013Party of 6, food ranged from pretty good to pretty bad. First 2 beer choices were out, all of the taps ended up flat. Service was pleasant but slow and not helpful. Absolutely dead on a Friday night.
- Weekday lunchGudfudluvrVIPDined on 10/10/2013The gorgeous decor inside and out is reason enough to return. The capable service left me lacing nothing. There was nothing especially wrong with the food, just no single element that made me stop to say "damn! That's good".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBrunchLoverVIPDined on 9/22/2013This restaurant was eerily empty for a Sunday at 11am. My omelet was dry but the lattes were good. I won't bother going here again.
- GET MORE PEOPLE TO VISIT thisPSmithVIPDined on 9/10/2013GET MORE PEOPLE TO VISIT this FINE French restaurant!!! Love the food and the service! I really want this place to SUCCEED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 9/5/2013A charming, spacious French restaurant in an otherwise sketchy part of Broadway in Downtown LA. Delicious cuisine, appealing yet understated decor, and a very friendly vibe. We ate at the bar, and the waiter/bartender was incredibly helpful, engaging and responsive. A great experience in every way.Special Features: