Les Halles Park Avenue
411 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Halles Park Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leshalles.net/
- Phone: 2126794111x
- Hours of Operation:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 11 am
* Lunch: 11 am - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
Weekends & Holidays:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 12 noon
* Brunch: 12 noon - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, French
- Executive Chef: Carlos Llaguno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On a limited basis and menu decisions are made on a case by case basis.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Les Halles Park Avenue
Les Halles is the home base of Chef-at-large Anthony Bourdain, author of the best selling Kitchen Confidential (Bloomsbury, May 2000) host of the TV Show, No Reservations. Bourdain is also the co-author of the Brasserie Les Halles Cookbook (Bloomsbury, 2004) with proprietor Philippe Lajaunie.Continued
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Les Halles Park Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
387 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)neighborhood gem (122)special occasion (101)good for groups (98)notable wine list (97)great for lunch (86)romantic (76)great for brunch (67)great for outdoor dining (66)late-night find (53)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (45)kid-friendly (30)scenic view (6)Show More
- Hostess not helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Over Open Table and in a follow-up call I asked if it would be possible to get booth seating for our group. The hostess was a bit curt and said "We'll see what we can do." I arrived to find my out-of-town guests seated at a table crammed next to the service door- and there was a perfectly lovely booth right next to us that was covered in napkins that were being folded by staff!Special Features:
- Time an Again - Aways greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2014Always a treat. Table by the window was perfect. Menu has something for everyone. Food is presented well and cooked to perfection. Salmon was great, moist and tasty, as were scallops with a champagne sauce that was there but understated and definitely not smothering the perfection of the scallops, and coq au vin was melt in your mouth perfection. Sides were done well and service was attentive. From 3-7PM house wine is only $7 a glass but we had a Malbec and it was smooth and delightful. Can't go wrong in this a constant pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageNoraDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant was below my expectations. The waiters were very nice and the overall service was good. The food was just OK. The moules mariniere were cold and not very tender. I was quite disappointed since I expected better quality from a French bistro.Special Features:
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014great food, meat and seafood are amazing, cooked perfectly. french fries and desert are awesome. hightly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rush please!Martin0854Dined on 8/27/2014It was a pitty the entrees arrived while we didn't finished our starters. In this type of restaurants we prefer some time to enjoy the good food. No rush please in this kind of restaurant. Rush only in request.Special Features:
- AmazingBeckyDined on 8/25/2014Wonderful- we went for lunch. Delicious! We sat outside and enjoyed the mussels, wine, and steak. Escargot is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedFood77VIPDined on 8/23/2014I expected more out of Les Halles considering Bourdain once worked here and recommended it. Server was just outright rude and dismissive. knew nothing about the menu and had nothing to recommend. The food was very bland and had nothing to it. Salad looked like it had been sitting out back for a few days. Steak was over done (asked for medium rare, I got medium +). Truffle fries were OK at best. At any rate, probably the worst meal I've ever had in NYC. Can't recommend this place.Special Features:
- Old Time FaforitetpsoinosVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have been dining at Les Halles with my family for almost 20 years now from when it was half the size it now is. It is consistently good without any changes in the menu or service. Love it!Special Features:
- houstontexasvisitorDined on 8/22/2014Best fries in the word.... and the french onion soup melts in your mouth. I highly recommend this resturant. The staff was great. First time there and it was well worth it. Even my 15 year nephew who is picky about everything had a ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, okay serviceShelleyDined on 8/21/2014The bus boys and support staff seemed to much more interested in their jobs than the principal waiters. A table beside us sat with their meal complete for 15 minutes before someone approached their table. While our server was relatively prompt, we felt more like a bother more than the reason that the server had his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had the fois gras, truffle fries, and tenderloin steak which was all really delicious. One of the best steaks i've had since coming back from Argentina. However, the downside with this place was the service staff was terrible. Every time we needed anything, we had to find the waiter and flag him down as he rarely came by to ask us how everything was going or to even refill our water that we were paying for. At the beginning of the night we asked him for separate checks (due to corporate meal restrictions) and he said he'll see what he can do. When we asked for the bill he gave it to us un-separated and told us we don't separate checks despite saying "he'll see what he can do". If the service was better i'd rate this place 5 stars.
- Tony Bourdain's old haunt...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Les Halles did not fail to impress. The quality of the food was outstanding. They have really kept up the mission even in Tony's absence. We sampled starters, main courses (both sea and beef), dessert, and wine....everything was cooked to perfection. The pan seared scallops with champagne sauce was to die for. The only negative I can really say about this is that the waiter we had initially upon arrival was somewhat allouf. Having never eaten there before, we were unsure about the way things worked and he didn't help very much. He was young and probably new. HOWEVER, we got a new waiter that was very responsive and attentive and helped us navigate our way through the considerable choices of food and wine.Special Features:
- Great steak, otherwise unmemorableAnneDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Les Halles several times, but was somewhat disappointed this outing. My dining partner and I both thought the green salad was underdressed, and she had to send back her glass of champagne because it was flat. (The replacement was completely fine.) Our steaks were perfect. The cream puff part of my profiteroles was tough, the chocolate sauce good. Our waitress was excellent. I'm not sure I'd recommend Les Halles to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014I took my daughter here for her birthday. Staff were very attentive to our table and brought over special drinks and dessert in celebration. Excellent steak, done to perfection.Special Features:
- Love ambience, great foodNoriDined on 8/19/2014We dined at Les Halles in the Financial District, and enjoyed that very much, and decided to try the Park Avenue location. This restaurant is more open, with dark wood and vintage French accents. My boyfriend had a filet with bearnaise which was done perfectly. I ordered sea scallops on a bed of artichokes, also very good. Escargot appetizer was ordinary. Service was good, but visits to our table from our server became fewer, as the restaurant filled up. We would go back again to one of the Les Halles the next time we're in NYC.Special Features:
- Disappointing.... service and foodBigFanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had not been there in a while.... feel that it has gone very downhill. Service was awful, mussels looked and tasted as if they had been cooked in dishwater, warm red wine (where do they store it?) Paté and Fries were good. Didn't stay for dessert, why bother?
- Lack luster waiterWineoclockDined on 8/18/2014Male waiter gave no greeting, walked up to the table and said what can I get you.. Gave no recommendations at all.. Busboy brought our food to the table (pretty quickly) but took back plates back that still had food on them! We didn't see our waiter again until he asked if we wanted dessert. For a table of 4 we picked the bananas flambé, the waiter left then came back and said it's not enough for 4 people and to get the rum raisin crepes..Feeling rushed into a decision we said ok..Only to regret our choice and wish we had the flambé (the crepes were equally as lack luster as the waiter).We were so excited to go to this restaurant while on a business trip to the city and the atmosphere and wine were great.. But the service was just terrible.Special Features:
- DisappointingILikeToEatWellDined on 8/17/2014To my surprise (after enjoying several good lunches at the Financial District location), this was not a very good experience. Brunch inside on a sunny pleasant day was dark and dreary. The ambience is tired and worn. Though the service was good, the food was only passable. My grilled salmon with asparagus and potatoes was far from light; the plate was drowned in over-rich sauce. This place is clearly coasting on its reputation and location. I will not be back.
- Fantastic meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Booked a table for 4 at 8PM Friday night and arrived right at 8. The place was busy but they quickly seated us. To start my wife had the escargots and I had the seared foie gras. The escargots were good, the foie gras was incredible. For our main courses my wife had the hanger steak and I had the steak tartare, prepared table side. Both dishes were excellent. The waitress was very friendly and helpful in recommending a nice wine to go with our meal. Definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely be back next time we're in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014We were at your restaurant, on monday the 11... and we were so empressed that we decide to go back.on the 15... before coming back home in Montréal. The second experience was a nightmare... first. when we arrive, we have been told that the reservation confirmed could not be on the terrasse... no place.. we had to wait half an hour.... we did not want to go Inside.. the noise... was terrible. and then... the servece was... terrible: rush... ask if we want water.. we were not sitted.... we wait 15 minutes ....to get the menu...... and after.. just being served... the waiter ask how everything was... we got just the plate!!!!!!! We should had kept the memorie we had on our supper of the first time. We were very desapointed.....Special Features:
- food ok but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014My table was not ready for the time of reservation, had to wait 20min and no apologies given. Service not particularly attentive, the wait staff is not very well trained -in their defense their job is made more difficult due to the cramped configuration. The food was OK but nothing spectacular either. Bottom line is, below par experience
- UnappetizingviavbDined on 8/14/2014This was not a good experience and i even regretted having spent the $25 for restaurant week on this place. The staff seemed disorganized, food, incl. dessert took very long to arrive, and I had to ask for the check twice. The appetizer consisted of a few stems not very fresh watercress with an inch of a very fatty salmon piece. The char entree swam in disintegrated butter and looked utterly unappetizing. The dessert, a nutella creme brulet was also very heavy in fat. Maybe it was just restaurant week, but it certainly didn't help to promote the place.
- Good and badLady5rionDined on 8/12/2014The Good: The food as always was delicious. You won't go wrong in this category. We had six in our party and had a nice table to accommodate us. The Bad: It was very noisy and the wait staff was scarce.Special Features:
- A good anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Thank you for let us have a wonderful wedding anniversary at your place... We had a wonderful supper outside.... that was lovely. The food is very very good.... and the wine at 50% was a plus..... We were very happy with it and we will do it again... and surely recommend the restaurant to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bistro FeelSWMBODined on 8/10/2014Classic French bistro feel. Yummy food, but just a tad oily.Special Features:
- No ExcusesSteeleheartDined on 8/9/2014I was excited to try this restaurant. It was to be a great celebration for our 17th Wedding Anniversary. What a let down. First of all the hostess was wearing what I would call street walker clothes, Extremely short shorts, tats on her leg, honestly she looked sleezy, next, and I know this is not the fault of the restaurant, but we were seated next to a couple young girls who were loud, and horribly ill mannered. My husband asked for us to be moved, which they did, but my new place for a romantic dinner was to sit in front of a huge empty display case right in the front where my only view was the hostess station. (sigh) I spent my whole meal listening to the in coming and out going noise. I have to say with a sad heart, IT SUCKED.
- half and halfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Was here once before with my husband and enjoyed. Back recently with my mom and she was underwhelmed. Her duck was sinewy and although the sauce was tasty, the duck itself had no flavour, it could have been any meat. The potatoes accompanying were cold. They did take it back without a fuss and she ordered a burger she was happy with, but of course I was finished my dinner by the time her burger came. My scallops dinner was very tasty, no complaints. I would say this is a great place for a younger crowd interested in a great burger and fries, I've heard the mussels are good. Ambience is upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chapinDined on 8/9/2014The service was professional, the food tasty and well presented. And kudos to the bartender, my extra-extra-dry martini was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKellyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The place was dark and dingy. Needs a little sprucing up. The food was good.Special Features:
- yummyidng2eDined on 8/8/2014It was all good. The appetizer was really tasty. The food was good, but the dessert was 1 of the best desserts I've ever had, the Nutella crém Brule was just amazing. The service was unbelievably nice. Definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/20144th time here. have not been disappointed. Each time have tried a new steak and have never been let down. For the prices, it's a must try.Special Features:
- janeDined on 8/6/2014The steak frites was excellent and I enjoyed the creme brulee dessert. I was surprised that there was no bread knife or bread plate with the bread basket. However, the downfall was the FLY that was crawling all over my salad and I was indoors. I finished my steak but was unable to eat the salad.Special Features:
- Dinner during restaurant weekMariDined on 8/4/2014We were seatted promptly but have to wait for somebody to take our order, especially long time to order desert. Restaurant was full and even though it was a lot of waiters running around but look like they didn't see us been waiting. The noise was too high, we can't hear each other. I don't like my appetizer (some mashed duck meat) but main dish (fish) and desert was good. My daughter appetizer (salad with salmon) was good, but I was surprised to see her entry dish (steak) came with a regular freanch fries (like you'd have in McDonald), I expect it to be something special for a restaurant like this one. The one good thing was that they have 50% off all vines on Mondays so we get pretty good French vine for a disent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les HallesrestaurantweekDined on 8/4/2014The duck rillettes were the best part of the meal. The short ribs were too dry and lacked adequate sides (six green beans and a small wedge of potato pancake was too little to provide balance with the piece of meat). The nutella crème brulee tasted of chocolate not hazelnut. Regarding service, the receptionist was dour and the service inattentive (we had to ask twice for bread and twice for desert). The worst, however, was the décor - it is very run-down. The sidewalk seating is hardly a good ad for the restaurant - more than half the wicker chairs had sizeable holes and the paper table covers were held with large bulldog clips (custom table clips are quite inexpensive). This place needs a complete make-over. We will not be returning.
- Good choice for lunch specialCoffeeFanDined on 8/4/2014I had the Restaurant Week special. The first course, Duck pate, wasn't special. But the short ribs of beef and strawberry soup were wonderful. Coffee - French press - not so great.Special Features:
- Best Steak au poivrePaulaGarciaDined on 8/3/2014I've been here for 2 times and the food was amazing. I had the Steak au Poivre and Frites and Confit du Canard and my friends went to the steaks and Faux Fillet. Everything was very tasty em aromatic, but between the meat and the duck, the meat is the best one!Special Features:
- Too darkNYCvisitor4Dined on 8/3/2014Needed to use the flashlight feature of my IPhone, though it was only 6:30pm. Food was good, but not special. If your time is limited, spend it elsewhere.
- Disappointed eventDisappointedDined on 8/3/2014i was very disappointed because the restaurant did not honor the special $25 lunch special advertised on TV and papers. The restaurant was honoring dinner only. You need to inform this changes when making reservation otherwise is bad publicity for your restaurant. I have done this reservations several times in the past without problems. This is the first time we encounter this problem.Special Features:
- Bourdain should be ashamedDisappointed1Dined on 8/3/2014Altho no longer the chef here, his name is Les Halles claim to fame. But the foie gras was poorly cooked, the salads bitter, and only the duck confit tasted as it should. Add noisy interior even at Sunday brunch and Les Halleshas little to recommend it. Helas!
- Loved It!!MrsODined on 8/3/2014We were initially attracted to Les Halles because of its connection with Anthony Bourdain. We booked brunch at 12pm on a Sunday. Ice water was cold, coffee came in a French press and was delicious. Bloody Mary was delicious. Service was prompt and courteous. Ambience was just as we had imagined- upbeat, busy, bistro. Mussels, steak, frites, salad was all delicious and fairly priced. I wish the table was a bit bigger to accommodate all our dishes better but, that was my only complaint. Great place. I would return.Special Features: