Les Halles Park Avenue
411 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Halles Park Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leshalles.net/
- Phone: (212) 679-4111
- Hours of Operation:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 11 am
* Lunch: 11 am - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
Weekends & Holidays:
* Breakfast: 8 am - 12 noon
* Brunch: 12 noon - 4 pm
* Dinner: 4 pm - 12 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, French
- Executive Chef: Carlos Llaguno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On a limited basis and menu decisions are made on a case by case basis.
- Special Events: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
A word from Les Halles Park Avenue
Les Halles is the home base of Chef-at-large Anthony Bourdain, author of the best selling Kitchen Confidential (Bloomsbury, May 2000) host of the TV Show, No Reservations. Bourdain is also the co-author of the Brasserie Les Halles Cookbook (Bloomsbury, 2004) with proprietor Philippe Lajaunie.Continued
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Bustling and lively, Brasserie Les Halles is a typical Parisian brasserie serving fresh and simple dishes of France’s everyday cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Les Halles Park Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
374 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (158)neighborhood gem (119)good for groups (108)notable wine list (101)special occasion (87)great for lunch (70)romantic (65)hot spot (56)great for outdoor dining (50)late-night find (48)great for brunch (44)vibrant bar scene (44)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (5)Show More
- A Touch of ClassBuddyPVIPDined on 11/23/20147 people from around the country Sunday night had a truly wonderful experience after travelling long distances. Our waiter was awesome. He made wonderful recommendations. The steak on the bone carved table side still make my mouth water. The mussels were filled with tasty flavors and aroma. Salmon and scallops were equally fine. And deserts? Too die for. All in all a wonderful experience. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Jodi9600Dined on 11/23/2014Never had a bad meal. Brunch was fantastic and while I usually don't eat potatoes, the french fries and home fries were fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant French cuisine!DaniBVIPDined on 11/19/2014Escargots, french onion soup and filet w/bearnaise were all delicious. (The filet was SO tender!) Also, out server, Carole was awesome. She was so attentive, super friendly - we really enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les Halles: #HouseOfBourdainairsick365Dined on 11/15/2014This place not only met but exceeded my expectations. Because of it uber famous former chef, Anthony Bourdain, one would think it's a fan/tourist trap. Contrary to the opinion expressed in the previous sentence; this place is indeed a gem. It reminded me so much of the brasseries in Paris and Burgundy. Very quaint, even though is smack in the middle of Park Ave. I had the signature dish of course, steak-frites and my friend had boeuf tartar (her favorite dish). I flew in from Miami for a couple hrs just to have dinner with my friend as it was her birthday and she couldn't have been happier with her meal and our wine pairing. And I can honestly say I wore a big smile during the entire flight back home 3hrs later. Have already recommended Les Halles to others and already planning to return in Dec for more. Merci beaucoup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Food and service were excellent. The only problem we had was reading a menu. We had to use cell phone as a flashlight.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2014We have been coming here for years and everything is always on point!! Food is always Terrific, Atmosphere wonderful, and service impeccable!! I always look forward to eating here whether it be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. A true New York gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sabine1215VIPDined on 11/14/2014Amazing food and service. Pork rillettes and duck confit truly outstanding. Many reasonably priced wines by the glass as well as by the bottle. One caveat- pretty loud , dark and bustling, so not a quiet dining experience. That being said- highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just flat out funhrhluckyDined on 11/13/2014Service was wonderful...food delightful. My steak wasn't really medium rare more medium but the Au Pouivre sauce was one of the best I have ever had...and I have had a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best days are overOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Pro - the hanger steak was very good. As to the rest, we were made to wait 15 minutes for a reserved table at 1:30. There were open tables larger than our group, but no way does a group of three get a 5 top. They couldn't even say no, the hostess jut scowled and walked away as if we were complete morons. The service was slow as our waitress had table on both sides of the room and was over stretched. in the meantime two waiters were wandering around with nothing to do, much like the runners. All of this would have been OK except for the french fries. They looked good but had been fried twice and were so hard a fork couldn't pierce them. We have been going to Les Halles since it opened and was half the size. Where oh where has the GM of yore gone? We will not be returning. Steak frites without proper pommes frites is not a brasserie.
- A Great LunchSallyDined on 11/11/2014We had an excellent lunch at Les Halles. I had the grilled salmon with asparagus. The asparagus was some of the best that I have ever eaten. My husband got the hamburger mainly because he had heard that the pommes frites were the best french fries of any restaurant and he wasn't disappointed. We each had dessert. I had the Creme Brulee which was wonderful. It just melted in my mouth. My husband has the profitterolles with vanilla ice cream which he loved! I wish we had been able to go to Les Halles for dinner because I wanted to try their Coq au Vin, but our schedule while we were in NYC didn't permit it. We were very pleased lunch though. We both cannot wait to go back there for dinner some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good foodLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/10/2014Had dinner on a week night on a surprisingly warm evening in New York City for November. Three of us dined and decided to sit outside. They said no problem but I have to say the service was really lacking I don't think the server wanted to be outside for any reason. That being said the dinner was excellent the brie appetizer was delicious. My friends ordered two different kinds of steaks --excellent-and I ordered one of their signature dishes, the scallop dinner. It was delicious. I always order their fries on the side no matter what I'm having because they are very good. Overall very good- I never feel that they have a great waitstaff that quite matches up to the food but I'll go along with it because I really love the food here. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timePvdjuniorVIPDined on 11/10/2014Les Halles never fails to deliver a nice meal in a comfortable environment. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is upbeat and lively. Monday night features 50% off all bottles of wine which is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in New York CityMamounetteDined on 11/8/2014We were a group of 9 people celebrating 2 50th birthdays and we had a great time. We were seated rapidly at our reservation time and from then on, it was perfect. The service was fast and efficient with a smile. The menu was so French that it reminded me of my Paris stays. Everyone chose a different starter and entree, and it was simply very good and the way it was supposed to be done. Special mention to the Cote de boeuf which was one of the best that we had! Wine list price is reasonable and at 39$ for the house 2009 St Emilion was a steal. Around 200$ for 2 bottles a wine, escargots, raviolis (which could have had 1 more in the plate), beef tartare, cassoulet, crème brulée (as a birthday gift) and tea... WOW!Special Features:
- Excellent!ReneeVIPDined on 11/8/2014With an Open Table res, we got to Les Halles about 7pm Sat night. Shown immediately to our table. Swift, friendly service. Energetic crowd in the bar area. Don't miss the deviled eggs with black truffle! Fish special was terrific as well as tuna Niçoise salad Definitely going back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Love this PlaceGatoranneDined on 11/8/2014Been here several times. Never had a bad meal. We have been for brunches and dinners and the service and food are always excellent. The best thing is the french fries. Hot, crispy and ever so tasty. The French Onion soup is always delicious, cheesy and not to salty. All of the meat dishes are wonderful. Wish they bring back the meat platter but of other things to choose from. A definete must while in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eveningCurlyclareDined on 11/8/2014We made a last minute booking at les halles in New York whilst visiting for the weekend from the uk. We knew it was Antony bourdains restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. When we got there we had to wait approx 45 mins for our booked table as the restaurant was so busy but that wasn't a problem as it was a great atmosphere and we were served drinks quickly and efficiently. Once sat down we were served well and ate delicious food! Cooked to perfection! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak/frites and tartareCathyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Attentive service with excellent steak/frites and beef tartare. Extremely noisy and crowded otherwise we'd be regulars.
- Walked outcdunleaDined on 11/7/2014As Bourdain mentioned in his book, chefs go out to eat too when they get a rare weekend off. So we made a reservation and off we went for a 7:45 dinner. When we arrived we were told "five minutes, people are just getting ready to leave". So we waited. Fifteen minutes go by and the people coming in are being told the same thing--"in a minute, you're next, etc." But as I scanned the dining room I noticed a) food coming out at a leisurely pace, b) several tables were vacant, and c), NOBODY looked like they were done with their meal and getting ready to leave. After 45 minutes of this and hearing one excuse after the other I got the impression the host was stringing us and the rest of those with reservations on and went to Artisanal.
- will2Dined on 11/7/2014As a tradition, my husband and I go to Les Halles the first evening of our visit to NYC. We look forward to the big red meat and pomme frites. We found the frites even more delectable on this visit. We look forward to the continuance of our tradition.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good overallDaveVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is the first time I had lunch here. Selection is a bit limited and lacks the flare normally experienced at dinner. But overall....okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks in MurrayhilltakiDined on 11/5/2014Dine with wife, with friends, and take clients out for dinner, I just love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliablediningdivaDined on 11/5/2014One of our go-to neighborhood spots. Always reliable for the great steak frites and other traditional bistro fare along with good service. However, if you want to have a conversation, come early or on Sunday nights, otherwise the din will have you screaming to be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014food was great. waiter was inattentive. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Steak, steak, and more steak.UES123Dined on 11/4/2014My family and I came here a few weeks ago. I wish I hadn't waited so long to dine here! We started with escargot, then I had Filet de Boeuf and frites. It was simply superb. The homemade Béarnaise sauce made the dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Our meeting ran very late and we missed our reservation. But I called and they were still able to accommodate us - 1 hour after our original reservation. It was greatly appreciated and as always, the food was excellent. Just wish there was a little more light so you can see the menu and the wonderful food you are eating. Also the music was a little loud and I felt like I was at a club instead of a lovely French restaurant.Special Features:
- Sorry but dissatisfied.SectiononeleighDined on 11/2/2014Love Anthony bourdain so I was really excited to check out this restaurant. Had waited for a long time. I was dining alone so I think I was given the rushed/non attentive service. I was not told of any specials when tables around me were told them, no explanation of the menu or recommendations, again other tabsles received this. My steak came out medium-well instead of med-rare and had a huge knife cut in the middle where the chef checked the meat temp. Looked very unprofessional. Didn't want to finish my meal. Real shame I didn't get the experience I wanted from Les Halle's.Special Features:
- Great menuGudfood4meDined on 11/1/2014Really enjoyed the food and service was great. Lots of choices to suit any pallet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperiencelovefrenchcuisineDined on 11/1/2014I was visiting NYC for the weekend and was looking for affordable French cuisine. Les Halles was the perfect spot for this! The steak I had was cooked to perfection and the blue cheese sauce was amazing. The fries were also very tasty. The meal ended perfectly with delicious creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jagjagm65Dined on 10/31/2014This was a great find. Had easy reservations on Holloween night. The staff was dressed for the occasion. The menu and wine selections were great. The food was excellent. The entire staff was friendly and attentive, but not disruptive. We were well served, but left to enjoy our food and our friends.Special Features:
- always outstandingLisaDined on 10/29/2014We take out-of-town guests here, and find it's a perfect place for that. Warm service, delicious food, ambiance for days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesNaceDined on 10/25/2014We went to Les Halles (as I'm sure quite a few might) because of the connection to a certain CNN television host. Apart from that, my girlfriend and I enjoy old school dining in places with tiled floors and dark wood interiors. Les Halles didn't disappoint. The duck was succulent and the steak au poivre was cooked to perfection. Definitely worth stopping in for a meal if you want to abandon the snootier places in favor of some classic atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- Les Halles Park AvenueEnglishmaninNYCDined on 10/24/2014Food was good especially the lamb shank, the scallops were excellent with the barigoule. The award winning fries were not the best I have had and a little soggy. A great venue with lots of atmosphere, rather too dark in the evening and a little noisy but what I would expect. Overall could have been a little better. Would like to try here again for lunch and sit outside as I am sure it is a great people watching site.Special Features:
- Breakfast MeetingCenzoDined on 10/24/2014Had breakfast meeting with clients Thursday, October 24th. Food was excellent, fresh, tasty, prepared just right. Table service was nicely done, attentive, covered the details and left us alone to discuss the matters at hand without inappropriate interruptions. Dare I say, they maintained a steady level of service without us evening recognizing that they were there ! Meal, eggs benny with smoked salmon, substituted potatoes for tomato salad. Food was sublime. Opted for French press coffee....forgotten how good coffee can be. Thanks, looking forward to lunch or dinner, next time in NYCSpecial Features:
- it's a go to favorite.bachbumDined on 10/23/2014I never have a bad meal here. i've frequented both this location and the financial district. Love the fries!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite steak housetakiDined on 10/22/2014love the noise, love the dimmed light, and love their steaks and appetizersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super funJaneycbeeDined on 10/20/2014A little cramped, but other than that a tasty and fun place to eat in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Service Always BadParisnycDined on 10/19/2014This is a local restaurant and I go there on occasion. The food is always decent but the service is always poor.Special Features:
- Saturday Night at Les Hallesbltaug3Dined on 10/18/2014First time going on a weekend, and I think I may stick with weeknights. Very loud and busy; we had reservations but had to wait about 20 minutes for our table. Service was a little slow in the beginning, but it picked up as the night went on; in the past (on weeknights), it's been better. Food was good, although with later dinner reservations (usually anytime after 7, I was told) the specials are always sold out.Special Features:
- Unexpected ExperienceSuburbanFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Just read Anthony Bourdain's book and was interested in Les Halles. In NYC for a long weekend, I was surprised to see that it was only a few doors down from my Park Avenue hotel. To be fair, I expected the restaurant to be touristy. And to be fair, the food was good -- but it wasn't great. I had expected a special experience after reading Bourdain's philosophies on food and its preparation. And I have been to many great French restaurants in the past. I wouldn't shy away from the experience, but I would set your expectations correctly. It probably didn't help that our server seemed new and inexperienced. Service was definitely sub-par. We were fortunate to get seated before the restaurant got really busy.Special Features:
- Great FoodNYMileDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Great service. Exelent side table made Tuna Tartar Will recomend to all my friends and family? Definitely'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.