Les Folies Brasserie
2552 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Folies Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lesfoliesbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 4105730970
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Claude Galan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Les Folies offers on-site banquet facilities, business meetings and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The award winning cuisine of Chef Jean Claude GALAN is also available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Alain Matrat 410 573 0970
- Entertainment: Les Folies presents special events such as Bastille Day celebration, Beaujolais nouveau event, New Year's Eve, Mardi Gras, Jazz night or Broadway shows. Please check website online for updated schedules.
A word from Les Folies Brasserie
Les Folies Brasserie is ideally located in the Parole area, minutes away from downtown Historic Annapolis. Diners enjoy an atmosphere that is both warm and inviting with the soft tones of Art nouveau decor and Etched glass dividers and Parisian street lights. Above all you will enjoy our exquisite french regional cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Les Folies Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Les Folies Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (41)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (19)good for groups (17)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- No folly after allhypnosVIPDined on 8/23/2014A gem of a restaurant, les follies offers a varied and attractive menu at reasonable expense. We were warmly received having made a reservation with open table. We were seated at a great table with a clear view of the beautiful dining room. I had a "turbo" which was a special recommended by the chef. It was excellent, fine and delicate. My friend had pasta with fruits de mer and she was very happy with her meal as well. The wine list is reasonable and offers a range of domestic and international selection for all purses. We had an excellent "vacqueras" from Bourgogne which complimented our respective meals very well. A chocolate souffle to die for capped the dinner. Indeed it is a very reasonable decision to dine at "Les Folies"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating the French WayTabithaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Six of us went for dinner at Les Folies Brasserie on a rainy Friday evening and had a great evening celebrating the future arrival of a new baby to our family. Most of us had the gazpacho, then the Dover Sole. Both were outstanding! The soup was nicely cool with just the right amount of seasonings to allow us to appreciate the ripened tomatoes used. The Sole was deboned perfectly at table side and served with a dollop of white potatoes, a dollop of sweet potatoes, and a few asparagus spears. We had the house pinot noir which had a nice plum aroma. The only small negative was that two of us ordered the bread pudding and it was cold; would have been perfect slightly heated. Overall, a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- tuscansunDined on 8/22/2014We dined early on a Friday night with a few other tables in the lower area. The maître'd was charming and welcoming as not only sat us but was fully attentive during the evening following up where the server fell short. Each dish was flavorful delicious and presented beautifully:fois gras,softshell crabs, and paella. Our server was at our table a bit too often asking for our order. If he gave us some time to look through the menu and not read the specials for us twice off the table tent, we would have gladly give a higher rating for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French CuisineFamilyVIPDined on 8/11/2014After seeing the movie, "The 100 Foot Journey", we wanted to find a French restaurant that was local but most of all, prepared authentic food. When we arrived, we were advised that they had just received, that day, a shipment of Dover sole from Europe. We ordered it and it was superb. The only thing that kept it from being excellent was the plate of vegetables the fish would be placed upon. The vegetables served were almost at room temp by the time the fish was carved table side. They need to be kept warm and then brought out as the carving is complete. We also had the soufflé for dessert and while it was good, the Gran Marnier sauce was average and did not have sufficient body and lacked a complementary flavor. It is still a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent!SpikesDined on 8/11/2014Living in Annapolis these past 17 years, Les Folies Brasserie has always been our "go to" restaurant for fine dining on special occassions/celebrations. Every visit has afforded excellent food and service, with the addition of a fine presentation and cordial staff. Yes, it's expensive, but the food is always beyond excellent, served at the right temperature and spiced/garnished perfectly. Portions are appropriate and served in a timely manner, with the service staff responsive to any needs or special request. It is a delight to dine at this restaurant, indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Have been going to Les Follies for then ten years. Always great service; always great food; just consistently one of the best restaurants in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge by the exteriorLondon92Dined on 8/9/2014We have lived in the Annapolis area for over 12 years and have driven by Les Folies on many occasions. The exterior is nondescript, but don't be fooled. Once inside, it's another story. Oozing the ambiance of Paris, with an outstanding menu, Les Folies is absolutely spectacular. We had the calamari as an appetizer - cooked just right and sweet tasting. For entrees, we both had mussels and frites. Again, these were perfect. We had the apricot crepe soufflé for desert, which was the perfect ending.Special Features:
- great full french menugirlsnightoutDined on 8/8/2014this is definitely a special occasion place...... large french menu with great house champagne and special service, not the least of which is the owner who welcomes all guests and walks around to check that all is well...... definitely would returnSpecial Features:
- 2GeezersDined on 7/30/2014Owner actively present; perfect service; two outstanding meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrbanGuyXXDined on 7/19/2014My friends and I dined at Les Folies on a Saturday night and overall were impressed with the experience. This place is "old school" and that is a good thing. It works on many levels. The only drawback was two of the appetizers, the escargots and in particular the mussels, while adequate in quantity, were very small in individual size. The strengths of the three entrees, however, were readily apparent and the service was attentive yet refined and unobtrusive. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a touch of French classFrenchieDined on 7/16/2014The staff and delicious French cuisine make for an unforgettable experience at the brasserie "Les Follies". The list of wines is worthy of a wine connoisseur n excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmnivoreDined on 7/15/2014We dined on a quiet evening, but the food was excellent, the service was attentive and we felt comfortable and appreciated. Les Folies does not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatLizVHDined on 7/1/2014Les Folies is the place I go for special events that require excellent food. Their food is the best of any restaurant in this area as far as I am concerned. The service is gentle, sometimes a little slow, but extremely pleasant and courteous. My special dish is La Soupe des Poissons. My husband loves their salmon dishes. The wine selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetitoVIPDined on 6/28/2014we are still newbies to Les Folies, but we are always made feel welcomed. Food and service can't be beat, attentive but not obtrusive, you can have your conversation and when you need help, just look up and there it is. Wife love the baked snails and I am partial to the pate... if you haven't been there and near Annapolis, check it out.Special Features:
- Really Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Went with friends who had been there before, we had no negatives at all. Service was prompt and attentive without being overbearing, food was very good, atmosphere was quiet and and the restaurant was comfortable and well styled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft Crabs & OystersBillTDined on 6/25/2014I had the soft crab special of the day, and it was outstanding. 4 soft crabs perfectly cooked in butter and lemon, with no breading, just the way I like them. The Malpeque oysters on the half-shell were also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceRaleighguyDined on 6/6/2014We had a very nice meal at les Folies Brasserie. The decor was dark and a little dated, but the food was very good and the service was excellent. Our oysters were very freehand the dessert soufflé was light and intensely chocolate.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantGoRavensVIPDined on 5/28/2014Had a great meal. Food was fantastic and the service was interestingly good. House made pate was really good!Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerDRT1Dined on 5/24/2014The restaurant was very flexible to accommodate our big group (14 guests) and our many changes in our reservation. I have been in many French restaurants in the United States. Les Folies is certainly one of the best one. The menu is very diverse. The quality of the ingredients is unbelievable. They even have Belon oysters (from Maine) ! one of the best French oysters. The service was extremely professional. Finally the price was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Amy29Dined on 5/23/2014This fabulous restaurant deserves its high ratings. The food was delicious , the seafood fresh, and the menu choices both traditional mixed with unique. The outside was a touch deceiving. We felt it looked a bit like a catering hall , but once inside we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with such a warm and cozy inviting ambiance. Our dinner at Les Folies Brasserie was the perfect place to dine to celebrate our daughters college graduation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and wonderful4specialplacesDined on 5/21/2014We go to Les Folies for special occasions--anniversaries, birthdays, other. The food and service is always wonderful and truly a special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little far for ustitoVIPDined on 5/17/2014but never a dissapointed dinner. great food and service. all I can said, keep up the good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Very relaxing atmosphere. We had 4 different entrees and everyone was very pleased. Service was attentive and professional. Nice restaurant to spend the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World CharmdinnertymeDined on 5/16/2014A great little french Restaurant conveniently located off route 50 in Annapolis. Service is great and the ambience is out of the past. Don't forget to order your Souffle with you meal since it takes time to prepare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAntoineDined on 5/14/2014Really fine food and service. Price is right. Saves you a trip to Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceTnDTDined on 5/5/2014Our Dover Sole and the veal with mushroom sauce was were superb.Special Features:
- Delicious cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014This place has absolutely marvelous, tasty and well prepared cuisine. The food is consistently good. If you want to dine in a friendly, and romantic setting, go to this restaurant. We have never been disappointed. We've celebrated three birthdays there. We plan to continue going. Delicious, delicious, delicious! Yummy food. I highly recommend this place. Even my grandsons liked the soft shell crabs. They have the best food in the area. We've dined around the world and this is at the top of the list next to one in Venice, Italy.Special Features:
- The following 627 reviews are from the Les Folies Brasserie reviews archive.
- Last of several good mealsCrocpinotDined on 4/28/2014Very familiar with this restaurant, I've always found the food scrupulously prepared and the service impeccable and friendly. Even though I'm not a favorite of the owner/boss (for telling him that his wine list was not notable), his service women always greet me as though they knew me well and were eager to please. This time I lunched with two old friends from out of town who arrived at 1.30 and who wanted to talk so intently that we didn't leave until well after 3 – the last patrons to leave the place. The staff took the delay with encouraging charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SertoriusDined on 4/26/2014The absolutely best filet mignon available in the Annapolis area. The service is excellent and we have never been disappointed with any of the appetizers, entrees or desserts. This is the best dining experience in Annapolis hands down. It is pricey but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great experience.luv2travelDined on 4/26/2014Have been going to Les Folies for years. Always a pleasurable experience. The wait staff is excellent, the cruisine meets and exceeds high expectations. A nice restaurant for a true dining experience. Be sure to order your souffle when ordering dinner. Excellent!Special Features:
- Great Find in Annapolisbaycruiser0829Dined on 4/23/2014A friend gave my wife and I a gift certificate to Les Follies in Annapolis. We have lived here about nine years and have passed by the restaurant many times but never visited. We chose to go for a special occasion (our anniversary) and it was simply outstanding. We had an appetizer of shrimp in tomato sauce with black olives and anchovies that was excellent. For our entree, we both chose a veal in mushroom cream sauce. The veal was lightly breaded and fork tender. The sauce was delicious with a generous covering of small sliced mushrooms. The flavor of the sauce and the tenderness of the veal was like nothing I had ever experienced before. Simply exquisite. We will definitely be returning to Les Follies Brasserie.Special Features:
- Very Good French FoodNamretDined on 4/21/2014Enjoyed my lunch there....loved the coq au vin! Good selection of wines too. Attractive dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasureMikeandMalaDined on 4/19/2014Very delicious and beautifully served. Even more impressive, though, is the cheerful and attentive staff. They made this elegant dining experience so enjoyable. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLizVHDined on 4/14/2014When we arrived at our table, there were sparkles spread on the table cloth in recognition of our 52nd anniversary dinner. Les Folies is a very special place. The wine was just right, the food excellent. I had muscles and salad. The muscles were extremely good, better than I have ever had. We had wonderful chocolate moose desert. The service was just right - helpful but not intrusive. We will come back as often as we can. Three cheers for Les Folies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes us back to FranceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/12/2014We love the welcoming atmosphere, old world charm, and knowledgeable wait staff! Fantastic French wines reasonably priced, delicious meals that keep us coming back. The first courses are all so delicious-the country pate, duck salad, and shrimp in tomato, that is is difficult to choose. The veal is amazing, and hubby wants to order it everytime! He branched out this time and tried the bouillabaisse, and has a new fav!! The frois gras is my absolute fav! Do not miss the chocolate soufflé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Afternoon DinnerFreemanDined on 4/6/2014Me and a guest went for dinner an everything was exquisite. They even gave me my requested seat.Special Features:
- Absolutely loved ItklipbrunoDined on 4/4/2014Food was fabulous. We are from out of state but felt like we were a regular! The staff was wonderful the food delicious. Would come back again if we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon AppetitKristinaDined on 4/2/2014Les Folies is outstanding with a varied menu and notable wine list. We always enjoy it whether it's a lunch of soup and salad or a four course dinner. And the service is always impeccable, the staff has been there for a long time and it shows. They really know what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!NoThanksVIPDined on 3/30/2014We've NEVER been disappointed. Never. Very reasonably priced for the quality of food. We both ordered off the regular menu .. she got the grilled salmon over ratatouille and I the grilled marinated whole fish (beheaded and deboned tableside). They were both ample and delicious.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionMaryDined on 3/28/2014This is a great restaurant for a special occasion. It is expensive so I wouldn't recommend it for every day but great way to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.