Les Folies Brasserie
2552 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Les Folies Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lesfoliesbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 4105730970
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Jean Claude Galan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Les Folies offers on-site banquet facilities, business meetings and off site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The award winning cuisine of Chef Jean Claude GALAN is also available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Alain Matrat 410 573 0970
- Entertainment: Les Folies presents special events such as Bastille Day celebration, Beaujolais nouveau event, New Year's Eve, Mardi Gras, Jazz night or Broadway shows. Please check website online for updated schedules.
A word from Les Folies Brasserie
Les Folies Brasserie is ideally located in the Parole area, minutes away from downtown Historic Annapolis. Diners enjoy an atmosphere that is both warm and inviting with the soft tones of Art nouveau decor and Etched glass dividers and Parisian street lights. Above all you will enjoy our exquisite french regional cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Les Folies Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Les Folies Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (54)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (24)good for groups (23)great for lunch (17)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Once again, terrificFrancophileDined on 10/16/2014We eat here quite a bit for all sorts of occasions. Once again, Les Folies came through with a great meal. A welcoming staff, great service and fabulous food won us over. Thanks again.Special Features:
- Always FineSiciliaDined on 10/10/2014Les Folies never disappoints. Oysters -- blue points -- superb. Liver prepared exactly as requested. Quenelles light and lovely. Easy to talk, service was leisurely but attentive. One of best in Annapolis areaSpecial Features:
- Terrific restaurant restaurant.MajordudeDined on 10/7/2014Great restaurant, cant wait to go back. was very surprised. Cant judge a book by its cover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable ExcellenceOctDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014We go to Les Folies when we need a quiet, excellent and warming trip back to France. It's the real deal and never lets us down. Nothing new or innovative there, just classic French comfort food the way it should be, and that's always a welcome experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Consistently good.. We always enjoy going here. The restaurant always meets or exceeds our expectations and we always go away satisfied.Special Features:
- Continues to be outstandingstarbowDined on 10/4/2014We have moved several times in the past 10 years, but whenever we find ourselves near Annapolis, we take the opportunity to dine at Les Folies. The quality of the experience has remained very high over the years. Les Folies is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food at its bestLaxgrammyDined on 10/3/2014Excellent service, food and Atmosphere. The staff did not rush us, we could have stayed as long as we wanted. Food was cooked perfectly snd the tablexide service of the rib steak made the evening spevial. Our waiter, Eric, was most attentive without hovering. It seems the wait staff has been there a long time and they were thoroughly in sync. Would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We come here to celebrate important family occasions, and just for a good meal. The soft shell crab main course was extraordinary. The potatoes and cauliflower was a nice accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant diningsailorDined on 10/1/2014The décor, service and food are very good. This is one of our favorite places to dine for a special occasion.Special Features:
- September 27DennisDined on 9/27/2014Food was very good - prepared and plated well. Service was truly excellent - prompt, unobtrusive, and discreet. The staff let us enjoy a lazy dessert and coffee well after closing. A special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LES FOLIES IS THE BEST!LesFoliesFanDined on 9/20/2014We have never had a bad experience at Les Folies. The owners and staff make you feel like you are dining in their private home, and the service is excellent. The delicious meals are prepared in true French tradition and presented very well. This is our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerloves2gooutDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is a special place for dinner. Wonderful food and atmosphere. There were six in our group and we could all hear ourselves talk and it was great!Special Features:
- La nourriture était formidablePfefmanDined on 9/16/2014A wonderful food experience! The presentation was well done, the food was fresh and delicious and served hot. The service was excellent. A great place for a birthday lunch. One of the best French Onion Soups - buttery Swiss cheese made the difference. Specials are very inviting. The Le Flounder Belle Riva was especially good. We shared a fresh beet salad with mixed greens and goat cheese was very good. Le Flounder Belle Riva, Filet of flounder sautéed with mushroom and capers was delicious. La Paella a la Valenciana Medley of shellfish (shrimp, mussels, clams), chicken, chorizo sausage in saffron rice was tasty and once again a generous portion. Poached Pear in Red Wine with sliced Almonds was very nice. Just go, you'll be happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMollyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Delicious food, experienced staff, souffles for dessert a MUST, the best I've had in the USA and Europe. Go, you will love to folly at Les Follies restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still hungrykathyVIPDined on 9/10/2014the serving size has become so small your still hungry after a meal with appetizer.I have a small appetite and normally cannot finish what is on my plate but this is rediculous
- Made a special dinner even more so!LockedOutDined on 9/8/2014We always enjoy going to Les Folies, but this last visit was even more remarkable. I had asked the hostess that afternoon if we could have a special dessert and cocktail for my friend's birthday dinner that night. She made sure everything was perfect when we arrived, to include festive table decorations, the Negroni cocktail waiting for her when we arrived, and a slice of chocolate mousse cake with a candle to finish off the evening. Service was, as always, extremely attentive and our four appetizers and dinners deliciously prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Six Star!RGT1Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, superb service, friendly (but not doting) staff. Elegant! Diverse menu. What else do you want?Special Features:
- Les Folies Brassserie always a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014We recently dined at Les Folies Brasserie for our anniversary. In fact, we have celebrated our anniversary here for the last three years. We were greeted warmly at the door, shown to a comfortable table and served fabulous food and drink. It's always difficult to chose because everything on the menu is so tempting, but we had the oysters,pate, french onion soup, calves liver and a wonderful red snapper. Although, we though we had eaten our full, we agreed to the creme brulee for desert and found it creamy with a nice sugar crust. We also enjoyed champagne and each had a glass of wine - both very good. The waitress kindly took our photo for us.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedCowgirlFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Unfortunately we did not make it to the first course at this restaurant because the service was so poor. After much excitement as we planned to eat here, the insane wait time - even after making a reservation - was ridiculous. It took nearly 15 minutes waiting at the maitre de area for anyone to even greet us. After which it took another 15 to get a drink. By that point, we had already called a cab to try to find something else which ended up being an incredible experience. I think the most discouraging part was that the restaurant was not even halfway full, yet the waiters were fully engaged with what looked to be regulars since the restaurant opened. One of the worst potential dining experiences I've encountered.
- What can I saidtitoVIPDined on 8/30/2014It's one of those places you are always surprise. Keep coming back and always go home with a big smile.. Food is yum yum.. Good. From the tuna tuna to the duck and any course in between, we made it one of our places to go at least twice a month. Keep up the excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Little trip to FranceOutandaboutDined on 8/30/2014I love this restaurant. It always has great food, specials and never gets boring. It is a little bit on the expensive side but you always feel like you escaped for an evening to France.Special Features:
- Always exceptionaljhf47Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary once again at Les Folies. Food was great and the waitress outstanding. She has served us before and is very pleasant and offers good suggestions. I wish I knew her name to mention it here. The atmosphere is quiet and makes dining a pleasure. We will return in the future.Special Features:
- Great findKG82Dined on 8/30/2014We're always looking for new and interesting places to dine. Les Folies did not disappoint! The atmosphere was truly Parisian and extremely charming. And the food was magnifique. I can see why this restaurant has been continuously top rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodCrystalDined on 8/28/2014We had a large group including children. Everyone enjoyed the food thoroughly. The server was friendly. Overall, dining at Les Folies was a fantastic experience.Special Features:
- Very Pleasant LunchNaptownMamaDined on 8/27/2014Cousins of ours were visiting from out of town and we selected Les Folies because of our past dining experiences. The staff is friendly, and accommodating. Everything I have eaten here has been delicious, and prepared properly. The presentations are lovely and creative and that has always made me look forward to taking my first bite. We had French Onion Soup, Hangar Steak, Soft Crabs, Salads, all were fabulous. So far, nothing has disappointed. I have also met with people privately and they are accomodating as to where they place us so we can talk. I am also thrilled the restaurant smells good; I have a real problem eating in restaurants that don't. As long as they continue to please, I will continue to patronize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No folly after allhypnosVIPDined on 8/23/2014A gem of a restaurant, les follies offers a varied and attractive menu at reasonable expense. We were warmly received having made a reservation with open table. We were seated at a great table with a clear view of the beautiful dining room. I had a "turbo" which was a special recommended by the chef. It was excellent, fine and delicate. My friend had pasta with fruits de mer and she was very happy with her meal as well. The wine list is reasonable and offers a range of domestic and international selection for all purses. We had an excellent "vacqueras" from Bourgogne which complimented our respective meals very well. A chocolate souffle to die for capped the dinner. Indeed it is a very reasonable decision to dine at "Les Folies"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating the French WayTabithaVIPDined on 8/22/2014Six of us went for dinner at Les Folies Brasserie on a rainy Friday evening and had a great evening celebrating the future arrival of a new baby to our family. Most of us had the gazpacho, then the Dover Sole. Both were outstanding! The soup was nicely cool with just the right amount of seasonings to allow us to appreciate the ripened tomatoes used. The Sole was deboned perfectly at table side and served with a dollop of white potatoes, a dollop of sweet potatoes, and a few asparagus spears. We had the house pinot noir which had a nice plum aroma. The only small negative was that two of us ordered the bread pudding and it was cold; would have been perfect slightly heated. Overall, a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- tuscansunDined on 8/22/2014We dined early on a Friday night with a few other tables in the lower area. The maître'd was charming and welcoming as not only sat us but was fully attentive during the evening following up where the server fell short. Each dish was flavorful delicious and presented beautifully:fois gras,softshell crabs, and paella. Our server was at our table a bit too often asking for our order. If he gave us some time to look through the menu and not read the specials for us twice off the table tent, we would have gladly give a higher rating for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French CuisineFamilyVIPDined on 8/11/2014After seeing the movie, "The 100 Foot Journey", we wanted to find a French restaurant that was local but most of all, prepared authentic food. When we arrived, we were advised that they had just received, that day, a shipment of Dover sole from Europe. We ordered it and it was superb. The only thing that kept it from being excellent was the plate of vegetables the fish would be placed upon. The vegetables served were almost at room temp by the time the fish was carved table side. They need to be kept warm and then brought out as the carving is complete. We also had the soufflé for dessert and while it was good, the Gran Marnier sauce was average and did not have sufficient body and lacked a complementary flavor. It is still a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellent!SpikesDined on 8/11/2014Living in Annapolis these past 17 years, Les Folies Brasserie has always been our "go to" restaurant for fine dining on special occassions/celebrations. Every visit has afforded excellent food and service, with the addition of a fine presentation and cordial staff. Yes, it's expensive, but the food is always beyond excellent, served at the right temperature and spiced/garnished perfectly. Portions are appropriate and served in a timely manner, with the service staff responsive to any needs or special request. It is a delight to dine at this restaurant, indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Have been going to Les Follies for then ten years. Always great service; always great food; just consistently one of the best restaurants in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge by the exteriorLondon92Dined on 8/9/2014We have lived in the Annapolis area for over 12 years and have driven by Les Folies on many occasions. The exterior is nondescript, but don't be fooled. Once inside, it's another story. Oozing the ambiance of Paris, with an outstanding menu, Les Folies is absolutely spectacular. We had the calamari as an appetizer - cooked just right and sweet tasting. For entrees, we both had mussels and frites. Again, these were perfect. We had the apricot crepe soufflé for desert, which was the perfect ending.Special Features:
- great full french menugirlsnightoutDined on 8/8/2014this is definitely a special occasion place...... large french menu with great house champagne and special service, not the least of which is the owner who welcomes all guests and walks around to check that all is well...... definitely would returnSpecial Features:
- 2GeezersDined on 7/30/2014Owner actively present; perfect service; two outstanding meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrbanGuyXXDined on 7/19/2014My friends and I dined at Les Folies on a Saturday night and overall were impressed with the experience. This place is "old school" and that is a good thing. It works on many levels. The only drawback was two of the appetizers, the escargots and in particular the mussels, while adequate in quantity, were very small in individual size. The strengths of the three entrees, however, were readily apparent and the service was attentive yet refined and unobtrusive. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a touch of French classFrenchieDined on 7/16/2014The staff and delicious French cuisine make for an unforgettable experience at the brasserie "Les Follies". The list of wines is worthy of a wine connoisseur n excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OmnivoreDined on 7/15/2014We dined on a quiet evening, but the food was excellent, the service was attentive and we felt comfortable and appreciated. Les Folies does not disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatLizVHDined on 7/1/2014Les Folies is the place I go for special events that require excellent food. Their food is the best of any restaurant in this area as far as I am concerned. The service is gentle, sometimes a little slow, but extremely pleasant and courteous. My special dish is La Soupe des Poissons. My husband loves their salmon dishes. The wine selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicetitoVIPDined on 6/28/2014we are still newbies to Les Folies, but we are always made feel welcomed. Food and service can't be beat, attentive but not obtrusive, you can have your conversation and when you need help, just look up and there it is. Wife love the baked snails and I am partial to the pate... if you haven't been there and near Annapolis, check it out.Special Features:
- Really Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Went with friends who had been there before, we had no negatives at all. Service was prompt and attentive without being overbearing, food was very good, atmosphere was quiet and and the restaurant was comfortable and well styled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.