Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton
L.G. Smith Blvd 107 Palm Beach
Oranjestad, Aruba 99553Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Aruba/Dining/LesCrustaces/Default.htm
- Phone: (297) 527-2222
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, View
A word from Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton
The premium dining outlet at the resort, Les Crustaces offer guests a memorable evening of sophistication, warm and knowledgeable service, and culinary mastery. Taking it's cue from the restaurant's dine-in terrace, the menu is strong with delicately handled seafood dishes, locally sourced fish, and signature selectoin of fresh shellfish from the feature raw seafood bar. Contemporary European rhythms in the background, it is a delightful evening to be savored.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton - Best Restaurants in Aruba ›
Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014awesome food & service, we went here twice in one week!Special Features:
- Exciting Food in a Fabulous SettingEDREDREDRVIPDined on 10/3/2014A place like this could rest on its laurels or offer high quality, but safe, options and I am happy to say that Les Crustaces does neither. The food was exceptional- in taste, presentation, and inventiveness. If we are ever lucky enough to find ourselves in Aruba again, we will certainly be revisiting this restaurant. I'm sure that we will find delicious and sophisticated flavor combinations here any time.Special Features:
- IubiredecatelDined on 10/2/2014Fantastic restaurant, fantastic chef. I think the best in Aruba, very high endSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCarolVIPDined on 8/12/2014This is an amazing new restaurant. The staff is well trained and the manager is hands on. The staff will modify a dish to suit you. We had a great dinner and I would go back. It is a little expensive but worth the experience.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Les Crustaces - Aruba Ritz Carlton reviews archive.
- MeatsVIPDined on 7/12/2014We found this restaurant to be the best one when we stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The service here is phenomenal and the food was fresh, tasty and enjoyable. The raw bar selection was top notch. The hamachi app was a highlight. We recommend doing the tasting menu. One night we ordered the salt crusted branzino. It was delicious but in the deboning process, seems like 40% of the fish laid wasted when the server removed the bones, skin and some of the fish itself. A more delicate approach would have been better.Special Features:
- Les CrustaceswebbVIPDined on 7/9/2014We visited LesCrustaces twice during our 7 day stay at the Ritz Carlton. It was the best of the three on-site restaurants but not the best on the island. Service great the first trip and ok during the second. The staff and management are very attentive as the strive to improve. The property is new and is somewhat inconsistent.Special Features:
- Very SALTYJennVIPDined on 7/2/2014Restaurant is very nice, we sat outside. Service was very good. Lobster Bisque and alaskan king Crab were so SALTY. They need to work out the kinks...
- Pricey but elegantKMArubax4Dined on 5/25/2014The food was excellent, service terrific, and setting on the beach was lovely. Prices were high, even for a top restaurant in Aruba. We had an equally good meal at Aqua Grill the next night for 2/3 the price but without the beachfront ambiance. The manager is a presence who is dedicated to making sure every diner has a terrific meal. If you aren't on a budget or want to splurge, this is a great new addition to the Aruban restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE RITZ!Deedee3Dined on 5/14/2014We had a delightful dinner at the ritz .. Service staff was exceptional ! We chose starters of seafood ..which were perfection ... Seafood and beef were entree selection and beef was tender and seasoned well .seafood combination platter was delicious .. Dessert of creme brûlée with fresh berries true bliss ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From AtlantaBillVIPDined on 4/25/2014Loved the halibut, wahoo, oyster bar, wine list and great service and friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staffUnimpressedDined on 4/19/2014That's all I could say for this restuarant. Not impressed at all. We ordered shrimp cocktail and clams on the half shell. Both were not good shrimp smelt fishy and was old and slippery. Clams should have bin scooped and placed back in shell non was done. They brought us out the chefs special appetizer instead but it was extremely salty. Dinner was also very salty that's what you tasted your first bite. Overall we sat waiting for our meal 2 1/2 hours other tables had left before we ate. I think there chef from France needs more training.
- Best restaurant in Aruba, enjoy.JiveTurkeyVIPDined on 4/12/2014After sampling a variety of restaurants in Aruba catering to the more discerning tourist, it is unequivocal that this is the best restaurant on the island. The quality of the product served could easily hold its own with any Manhattan bistro. Furthermore the service was impeccable, it was obvious they were well trained on the menu and how to cater to Ritz customers. The Manger makes his presence known, dressed in bespoke clothes, he travels the tables ensuring his customer’s satisfaction. If you leave Aruba without dining here it is your loss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Food and ServiceSteveVIPDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I dined here on March 27th. It was one of the best meals I have had in recent memory and certainly the best I've had in Aruba. Creative dishes, fantastic presentation and professional, attentive service. Well worth the trip and the bill, which was very reasonable for the spectacular food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to Ritz Carlton standardsLocalrezVIPDined on 3/15/2014The raw bar was advertised as a main attraction, so we were expecting a very large layout. Not the case. I ordered the stone crab claws for an appetizer which was tremendous, but relatively tasteless. The bowl it was served in apparently wasn't deep enough as the ice melted and flooded over the edge of the table and all over me! There was a duck breast and lobster in orange sauce surf and turf special. My husband and I each had that and loved the lobster. The duck was overlooked and un recognizably tasteless and dry. The dessert,so however, were creative, delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingOut4dinnerVIPDined on 1/31/2014Not what you would expect from the Ritz. My husband and I waited one hour for our food. Ordered the swordfish; when it finally arrived it was so Dry, had to send it back, it was inedible. Also very pricey, with tip the bill came to almost $200! There are much better seafood restaurants on The island for half the price.
- Just beginningfoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014The restaurant has recently opened and is finding it's way. It will soon be one of the best in Aruba.Special Features:
- Ritz Carlton??TonyVIPDined on 1/13/2014The food was good (especially the lobster) if pricey (even for a Ritz Carlton), however with very small portions. The service was below par: they were trying very hard (staff was pleasant and striving to a man) but it was not up to Ritz Carlton standards. Small examples: eternal wait for just-sat-down drink order; having to ask for water refills; bread brought to table but bus-staff had removed the bread plates, butter knives and butter already. More training and better supervision is needed. There are many restaurant choices in Aruba, not so sure this is one of them for me. Maybe down the road after the place is given more time to break-in.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedmdorenDined on 1/12/2014Food was fair at best, beautiful décor and atmosphere. Service was excellent. For the price go to Ruth's Chris or Simply Fish on the beach. Not what I expected from the Ritz. They did not even have the wine I asked for. ( I know it's been only open for about a month ) They should have waited to open it. For what I paid I would have rather have gone anywhere else. Never will eat there again. I go to Aruba every year so far since 2001.Special Features:
- TerribleLewisVIPDined on 12/31/2013Went New Year's Eve Price fix 4 courses. No choices. All fish. One doesn't like fish! Should have been a choice. Portions sized like thimbles. Serves all within 45 minutes on New Year's Eve in empty restaurant. This restaurant won't survive when there are great restaurants on this island!
- Nightmare dining experience !!TobyDined on 12/17/2013The restaurant and hotel opened on Nov. 26, 2013. We dined on Dec. 17th.(party of 6) The food was not edible. The food was not prepared properly and came out cold and tasteless. The fish of the day, red snapper, was served shredded.For a quality organization their product was very substandard and I question that this restaurant was prepared to open to the public. Any money spent at this restaurant was a total waste. The service took 2 1/2 hours and we all left hungry.
- Absolutely great!Gloria24Dined on 12/15/2013Impossible better! Everything was really marvelous! Delicious food, beautiful presentation of the dishes, wonderful menu, and the most important thing: the lovely kindness of everybody! The waiters are outstanding! Lovely place!!!! Thanks for a wonderful night. We'll keep forever in our heart this beautiful experience! Thanks a lot :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly extraordinary dinner.LIerVIPDined on 12/11/2013Truly extraordinary dinner. Fresh, beautifully prepared seafood.Special Features:
- We LOVED it!SherylVIPDined on 12/6/2013My husband and I had the most delicious meal. The service was exceptional. The food was perfectly cooked and presented so beautifully. We loved EVERY bite. We will definitely return on our next trip to Aruba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to detail but left hungryBelahVIPDined on 11/29/2013While food was tasty and presentation was excellent , the portions were TINY. with the exception of the swordfish entree and the shrimp cocktail appetizer, the other meals were beyond small. One bottle of wine was ordered. Bill was $200/couple before tip.