Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge
1015 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leroyskitchenandlounge.com/
- Phone: 6194376087x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sat + Sun 10:00am - 4pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4pm; Social Hour: 4pm - 6pm; Dinner: Daily: 5pm - 10:00pm; Late Night Social Hour (light fare menu offered) Fri-Sat: 10pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Schwandt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are committed to fresh, local, sustainable food, specializing in eclectic cuisine that changes with the season to provide diverse flavors year round. Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge is proud to partner with local farmers, brewers and manufacturers to create a true farm-to-table dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Cicerchia 8776504313
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday + Thursday night, and during Sunday Brunch.
See our social calendar at: www.leroyskitchenandlounge.com for details.
A word from Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge
With all of our restaurants, we have tried to bring something new and exciting to Coronado. Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge will specialize in Urban Eclectic Food from sustainable natural sources as well as Cocktails and local Craft beers! Leroy's is about great food – without being expensive or fancy -- made with passion and the freshest ingredients for the most prominent flavor paired with "stiff" drinks and good wine! Our menu is intended to be exciting, unexpected and most of all fresh and flavorful. Overall, we hope to provide a place for our guests to relax and dine in good company.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (27)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)special occasion (10)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- BETTER THAN EXPECTEDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Upon entering we were greeted by a friendly hostess who sat us quickly. We were surprised there was live entertainment which was a one man band who preformed various reggae and sounded like he had a complete band accompanying him. He was very good but a little louder than we'd have liked. The wait staff was fast and friendly and took the time to explain some of the unusual menu items. My wife had the Leroy Berger and said it was the BEST burger she'd ever eaten. I had the tuna which was cooked perfectly. They have a great selection of beers on draft and bottled. I would highly recommend trying this place.Special Features:
- FunYUMMYVIPDined on 10/15/2014We enjoy eating here because it is so relaxed and if you want to watch a sports game they'll have it on for you. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding with our waitress Sarah. We highly recommend going there.Special Features:
- Anniversary brunchjovaliDined on 10/12/2014Had reservations at 11am; however, we arrived over 30 minutes early. Staff seated us right away. Service was nice. Food was some of the best we've had. We ordered deviled eggs app, brioche French Toast, and the Leroy's burger. The drinks were great too. Our next outing that day was much later, so we took our time and the staff was really cool about it even though it was really busy that day. We will definitely be back. Thank you for making our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little neighborhood spotErinEDined on 9/26/2014We went for restaurant week, so only had the limited menu, but most everything we had was wonderful. The only complaint from anyone were the desserts. No one was a big fan of their chocolate cake or mousse. The atmosphere was cute, cocktail list looked wonderful, and service was decent. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Leroy's!katieDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Leroy's a few times now and it never seems to disappoint! The food is divine and the atmosphere is great. The waiters are very attentive. HIGHLY recommend and I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complicated menu; overpriced drinksgidgetDined on 9/25/2014We booked for our anniversary, based on the online menu, which we researched first. When we got there, they were doing some special Food Week event, so the menu did not work for us. We decided to have drinks only, then go somewhere else where the menu wasn't so complicated. The drinks were highly overpriced ($12 for two sips of a cocktail that was mostly ice!). The waitress told us we couldn't rely on the online menu anyway because they change their menu all the time.
- DinnerTTOORRIIDined on 9/23/2014We enjoyed Restaurant Week here. We dined around 6:30 and we were among two other tables. I had ahi poke tacos to start, followed by pork shank, and then a carmel dulce ice cream. Everything was delicious, especially the pork shank. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekRomyDined on 9/21/2014We came here for restaurant week and got to eat their lunch menu. The menu on the restaurant week website was misleading. My husband was looking forward to eating their ahi poke tacos, but unfortunately, they did not include that in their menu. So we just ordered their burger and the braised beef. The burger was delicious, while the braised beef was not. I felt that it lacked in flavor. Truffle fries always good and surprisingly, the Brussels sprouts was good as well. They really should think about putting a wall between the bar and dining area. You could hear the people in the bar cheering loudly for their sport team. Overall, friendly staff, nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDined on 9/16/2014love the local flair. The cocktails unique and distinctive. Food pairings outstanding. Unique taste and prepartion perfect. Perhaps a little larger portion for the price,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotluvfoodDined on 9/12/2014Great food. Must have the burger truffle fries and poke tacos. Everything was delicious and wait staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- move the bardiscerningduetDined on 9/12/2014Good food, but the bar ruins the experience. Separate the from the dining room.
- Can't hear music2sonDined on 9/10/2014They had an excellent band playing and we were sitting about 40 feet from the band, unfortunately we could barely hear them. The noise level from the bar, and the hightops, was so loud the band became barely audible background noise.Special Features:
- DelightfulRachelDined on 9/3/2014The food, the service and the ambience with the live music was absolutely wonderful. This was the perfect dinner spot to celebrate my birthday with my family. I loved how fresh the veggies were and my chicken was perfectly seasoned and moist. Thank you for making my birthday so special!Special Features:
- Great interesting food.DyeItDined on 8/31/2014Loved the food but the temp of the room was really hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Fried Chicken!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014We've been to Leroy's several times and always enjoy it. We had never visited on a Sunday evening before, so we were delighted to enjoy the Sunday special -- fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, cole slaw -- an amazing rendition of an old favorite! Highly recommended! We were also happy to see the deviled eggs back on the menu -- terrific! Add in a lovely order of clams, a bottle of wine....and you have the perfect dinner!Special Features:
- Coronado Island FindpixelxicaDined on 8/23/2014Leroy's was great from start to finish. The service was excellent and the food excellent: well-executed and tasty. Would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesPhilKnowsFoodDined on 8/22/2014Must have - Devil Eggs and a Dubbel from Lost Abbey to wash them down. The Cuban Sandwich - perfection.Special Features:
- Just OkCarrie16VIPDined on 8/21/2014When we arrived, our table was a high top right in the sun. We asked for a regular table for my dad and had to wait over 30 minutes. Service was incredibly slow once we were seated. The entrees were good.
- DisappointingOpenTablerDined on 8/16/2014We've dined at Leroy's twice. Here's the disconnect. The food is top notch, fine restaurant quality. But, there's no dining room. All the seating is in the noisy bar or outside along the busy side walk. If you're not sensitive to the ambiance, or concerned with hearing the conversation of your dining partner, you can have a great meal here. On our first visit we had a great server, but our most recent server was inept (steak was not cooked as ordered and she didn't know how to handle it; tab was not correct and we had to wait 10 minutes for a manager to re-ring it). It's unlikely we'll return to Leroy's. I hope the chef finds a more suitable location to showcase his talents.Special Features:
- Great food, but far too noisypapadeltaDined on 8/14/2014We invited two friends to join us for dinner. We hoped for great service, delicious food, and wonderful conversation. The staff was outstanding. We asked to be seated as far from the noisy bar area as possible -- above all, we wanted to share a good meal and conversation with our friends. The food was even better than advertised. Mary's Chicken was tender and juicy, and full of flavor, the best serving of roast chicken I have enjoyed in years. However conversation proved to be impossible. The acoustics are terrible. The crowd very noisy. Worse yet, the throbbing, pounding Latin music was deafening. We will not return, nor can we recommend this restaurant for a relaxing dinner. "Energetic" is not the word for it -- the noise is overwhelming.Special Features:
- Small Menu But So Goodjustmy2centsDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I grabbed apps first. Poke tuna tacos and truffle fried eye awesome. Entrees were pricey so we settled on a burger. But wow, the burger was the best I have ever had...literally melted in my mouth with a beef brisket combination and bacon jam. And we topped it off with watermelon beer! Yummy! Worth a trip to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coronado gemLocalDined on 8/12/2014We often bring out of town guests to Leroy's. The food is wonderful and the service is excellent. We thoroughly enjoy listening to Gonzo play on certain nights. Our only complaint is that it is often hard to get a table! Highly recommend reservations!Special Features:
- Best place in CoronadoAvigarVIPDined on 8/10/2014Congratulations we enjoyed very much Brunch ! Leroys Burger excellent same as Peaches with creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leroy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here many times. I had the pork chop and it was excellent. The beer selections are always wonderful. Will return again for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeyummyVIPDined on 8/5/2014amazing creative menu and fabulous service. You can't go wrong at Leroy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent, fresh, innovative. Particularly liked the wide choice of appetizers/bites...some items listed on the on-line menu were not on the menu at the restaurant but plenty of varied options. A little bit expensive so I think the description of inexpensive is perhaps a bit misleading. With drinks - ran about $60 a person with tip included.Special Features:
- Always Consistent...CMsteveVIPDined on 8/3/2014This place is always someplace you can count on for a consistently good meal. The prices are very reasonable considering it is on Coronado Island and the food is always excellent as our their specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeGraceDined on 7/27/2014We have been to Leroy's a number of times and although we really enjoy the food and ambiance, we have been very disappointed on more than one occasion with the service. This most recent time we had a reservation, were seated promptly, but hen sat at our table for 15 minutes before ever being approached. Then our waiter appeared almost annoyed that we had questions about the menu. Then when we were close to be being done they were taking plates away as they were asking if we were finished..we weren't! Then it took forever to get our bill. We have always been very pleased with the menu options, however this recent visit left a little to be desired. We will return for another attempt but they really need to work on their waiters!
- cancelled my reservationkksacVIPDined on 7/26/2014We arrived early on a busy Saturday night, and waited at the bar while they prepared our table After a longer wait than expected, we inquired on status and they told us we had been cancelled from the system. Realizing their mistake, they worked hard to get us a table relatively quickly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTBspritzVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went to Leroy's with a group of 8 including two young kids while we were staying for the weekend in Coronado. there was something for everyone there, the food was fantastic (try the brussel sprouts), the drinks were inspired, generously poured, and delicious, and the service and ambiance were perfect. We loved it so much we went back for the second night of our stay in Coronado. We never do that, but this place was amazing in every way. When went back the next night (Friday and Saturday), they had some new items on the menu, plus some new beers on tap to try. This place is a gem and cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014The food here is always wonderful. It was a bit loud the night we were there, butnot so much that we could not converse.Special Features:
- You must be kidding!FabulousDined on 7/6/2014Shocked that this place actually is still in business. Coronodo has some great casual dining this isn 't one. Food was tasteless, menu was uninspired for brunch, bar was busy. I assume the drinks were good?
- 3rd time backSunnyJaneVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our favorite spot for dinner when we anchor at Glorietta Bay. Great walk into town, greeted by friendly service, fun cocktails and food that never disappoints. The service was a bit off on this last time, waiter never updated us when our burgers took 30 minutes to arrive after our starter. Nor did he check back in after we final go the burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and the TheaterKzanDined on 6/27/2014This was my first time here. It was rather loud but a nice atmosphere. Food was awesome, very knowledgeable staff and good wine!Special Features:
- Great apps and classy drinkskhansonVIPDined on 6/27/2014Happy hour is great. Excellent service and you can't beat the food. The seasonal items are fantastic.Special Features:
- DeliciousBethKassDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. The live music was nice, but a little loud for our taste. Definitely want to go back soon though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoronadovisitorDCvisitorVIPDined on 6/23/2014Our recent vacation to Coronado took us to Leroy's Kitchen and Lounge. The food was outstanding, had the deviled eggs as a starter, beet salad and entrees of shrimp (so flavorful) and pork loin (again full of wonderful flavors and prepared perfectly). The staff was pleasant, efficient and available when needed. Thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant and would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the Leroy's Kitchen + Lounge reviews archive.
- Social HourFachoyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had an early dinner during "Social Hour", specialty cocktails $2 off and $5 drinks offered. Enjoyed the tacos but, the baked pretzels was not as soft and flaky as before. Cocktails were very good, specially the bacon infused bloody mary.Special Features:
- A happy Fathers DayTnFMVIPDined on 6/15/2014Stumbled into Leroy's many months ago after hanging at the beach and was impressed at the draught beer selection. Who knew that the food was so good, too? The Duck Chilaquiles disappointed me a little--since when is duck not flavorful? But the Bacon Waffle and the decadent ding dong for dessert more than made up for it. Service was friendly and fairly speedy--it was Fathers Day, after all. Check em out! You won't be disappointed 😁Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what Coronado needs.SandJDined on 6/13/2014Hands down the best food, best service and predict fit for Coronado. Leroy's has it all without being snooty. A casual atmosphere with five star food; an organic and sustainable menu that changes to fit the seasons. The kitchen staff, bartenders, hostesses and servers are there to ensure that you have the best experience possible and they deliver. Notable mentions are Ryan, Garret and Kim. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.