Leon's at Desert Princess
28555 Landau Boulevard
Cathedral City, CA 92234Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Leon's at Desert Princess
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.desertprincesscc.com/
- Phone: 7603255002x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily from 6am - 2pm
Open for Breakfast & Lunch only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering by Leon's at Desert Princess. On-site and off-site. Special events, golf tournaments, weddings, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available by arrangement. Master's Lounge (seating 75 persons) or the Main Dining Room (seating 225 persons).
- Private Party Contact: Jim Carvajal 8772985419
A word from Leon's at Desert Princess
Welcome to Leon's at Desert Princess. Leon's quintessential comfort food has been a part of the greater Palm Springs dining experience for over two decades. Now located in the Clubhouse at Desert Princess Country Club, adjacent to the Desert Princess Golf Resort, Leon's at Desert Princess is a perfect complement to the Desert Princess resort experience. By offering an exciting, tantalizing and rewarding experience for its patrons, Leon's brings its decades old dining legacy to the best life style value in the desert…The Desert Princess.Our professional culinary staff will assure that your dining experience at Leon's meets your expectations. Our understanding of the dining experience is evident in the passionate loyalty of their customers. The venue at Desert Princess offers an upscale but comfortable ambiance, complete with a stunning view.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leon's at Desert Princess reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014The brunch was very good. We were a party of 10 and everything came in a timely manner. It's off the menu, but one can order as much as they want, i.e. different selections or mix something from another selection to your specific order. Price is good too. Sixteen dollars plus $3.00 for unlimited champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beNotAlwaysRightDined on 7/27/2014Sunday brunch at Leon's when it was located at Indian Canyon Golf Course was an event not to be missed....now that Leon's is at the Desert Princess this visit was one I could well have missed. The place was virtually deserted, the dining area uninspiring and somewhat drab, the service while friendly was hapazard (check brought before the desert and drinks not filled when empty) and the food just average. Since this is so drastically different from the other location I will hope that perhaps it was an outlier. If you want to dine in solitude then I can recommend Sunday brunch here but if you like to people watch while dining then this is not the place to go.
- The following 56 reviews are from the Leon's at Desert Princess reviews archive.
- great food...great viewnormVIPDined on 6/8/2014at desert princess country club...club (open to the public) going thru transition phase, but food and view remail wonderful...relaxed 'country club' atmosphere with moderate pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Management and Okay FoodMalibuBrookeDined on 5/11/2014For Mothers Day 2014 I decided to do something a little different for mom. We took a relaxing drive out to Palm Springs. We arrived at Leons at around 1145 just on time for our reservation. We stood at the hostess stand for about 2-3 minutes without being acknowledged by the hostess who was busy speaking to the suit (I assume it was the manager). She returned to the stand and asked could she help us. There was no welcome greeting or even a Happy Mothers Day. I advised of our reservation which they did not have on their list. She offered us an outside table. The suit, then advised, dismissively, that we could sit inside but it would be a lonnnng wait. He walked away. The food was okay. But our server Francisco made it special.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchFoodieFanaticVIPDined on 5/11/2014Overall Very Good We were the first ones seated and the Food & Service were excellent as well as reasonably priced! Live music & singer were ver good as well! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ruined my Mother's DayDisapointingDined on 5/11/2014I had reservations for Mother's Day brunch for 12 they call me the morning of to tell me they have no room for my party when I already had reservations !!i was soo embaressed with my mom we ended ip going some were else waiting 2 hours to be seated I will no longer come here or recommend this place horrible !!!!
- what a wonderful surpriseNickDined on 4/27/2014The brunch was amazing. Love all the extra touches. Something for everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- catcitydinerDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I frequently Leon's and are never disappointed. The food is great, the new buffet brunch is great for the price, the view is lovely and the added attraction of entertainment is very pleasant. We have, at times, sat on the patio to enjoy the beautiful grounds and sunset, along with a delicious meal. The servers are very attentive and friendly. We have also had special groups at Leon's when Tony was the manager and he make sure everything was perfect! Leon's will be our first option for our next group function, again.Special Features:
- Always a Pleasurebluizes65Dined on 4/6/2014We live here locally and every time we go to Leon's it is always very nice, good food, and the staff is wonderful and polite. Definitely a good place to go! Hope they do New Years Eve again this year! We had a blast last year and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You honored the reservation ON TIMECindersDined on 2/23/2014The waiter had a good sense of humor and efficiency way of good service. The food was very good, this was Sunday Brunch. The noise lever was High, not sure anything can be done about that???? The Lobster soup was excellent and with food and DESERTSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new buffet Sunday BrunchsplashVIPDined on 2/16/2014The new buffet Sunday Brunch is spectacular: Lobster pot pie, blue cheese Mac 'n Cheese, the requisite carving stations, french toast made from cinnamon rolls, etc. Really excellent. And only $24 including bottomless champagne/imimosas. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Leon's food servicefisherVIPDined on 2/7/2014Over-all, service and food were quite good. Keep it up Leon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Th new menu is good, servicefisherVIPDined on 1/24/2014Th new menu is good, service is near excellent, an ambiance is good. Cooking quality needs improvement!
- ReservationsGymdeeDined on 1/19/2014I made my reservations via internet and received a confirmation back from Open Table. However when I arrived the restaurant had no record of my reservation?????Special Features:
- Although service continuesfisherVIPDined on 12/27/2013Although service continues to be very good, food service is not up to past standards. New Chef cooks heavy on meat and uses excessive sauces!
- Went to a buffet on Thanksgiving.MikeDined on 11/28/2013Went to a buffet on Thanksgiving. Good - smoked salmon & the shrimp. Great service and views. Bad - prime rib was overcooked and tough. It should have been called "select rib". Could not cut itSpecial Features:
- Waht a suprise.NickDined on 11/17/2013The new brunch at Leon's At the Desert Princess was something special. They now serve a brunch as a buffet with a large selection. All you can eat at a great price. My favorite was the lobster pot pie and the prime rib. It was a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot in the DesertMarilynVIPDined on 11/1/2013We love Leon's! The change of ownership did not change anything for us as we all had excellent meals, fun service and great background music. The sole is probably the best piece of fish I have ever had and they don't disappoint with the new ownership. The coconut shrimp are broiled, not fried, and are outstanding. The steaks and prime rib are perfectly cooked and full of flavor. The dinner salad which comes with your entrée is always crisp, fresh and delicious. Drinks are reasonably priced as is the wine. There were 7 of us for dinner and we all were served hot meals at the same time, water glasses were kept filled and we felt like we were the only diners in a very busy dining room. One of our very favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Evening mealfisherVIPDined on 10/25/2013Over-all the evening meals at Leon's have been quite good and consistent. There is a new Chef now so some adjustment on part of clients will be necessary. For example, Chef tends to be heavy on cooking steaks (e.g., fillet medium-rare came well done!) and he is very heavy on sauces. Service is quite good. We always enjoy lunch at Leon's. We will keep participating.Special Features:
- New CheffisherVIPDined on 10/18/2013My wife had a chicken dish which she liked. I had the Special New York which was the poorest meal I have had in the past 6 years at Leons. It was tough and loaded with gristle. Unnecessarily drowned in gravey. No thanks - next time I will go with something the Chef can't ruin.Special Features:
- Leon'sJAV51VIPDined on 10/6/2013Brunch is always good. Love their lox and bagels and Unlimited champaign included!Special Features:
- The Perfect Dining ExperiencekimmerDined on 9/28/2013We Have Been Dining At Leons For Many Years. They Are Extremely Consist with An Excellent Menu, Entrees & Wine Are alwaYs DeliciOus, Ambiance Very Nice And Service Is Top Of The Line And Hospitable. Great For Small Or Large Groups, Bday Parties, Bachelorette, Etc. The Perfect Dining Experience. Thank You Tony And David.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013We enjoy a place we can have brunch, lunch, dinner for just the 2 of us, or if you want to host 40 guest that is no problem. Sometimes places for groups is difficult to find in the west valley for this price. The staff hussles and works hard making this enjoyable and the service a step up.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchAddictedDinerDined on 9/1/2013Leon's has done it again. Their Sunday, bottomless champagne brunch is a winner. Great food and service at an attractive price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food served hereps2goodDined on 8/3/2013Went for brunch, after reviewing the dinner menu I knew we had to come back. Great food and a wonderful view....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leon's Never DisappointsMarilynVIPDined on 7/26/2013We ate here last Friday night with a group of 7. Everyone had a great experience! The service was very attentive, drinks were generous and the food was absolutely fabulous. Their sole is incredibly delicious as is their coconut shrimp. The side salads are served with the entrée and are delicious too. Tony is always the consummate wonderful host. The musical group plays really nice music to dine by...just the right sound and volume. This is definitely one of the best values in the desert with a great menu and some of the best food you will ever eat in a restaurant. Highly recommend Leon's!Special Features:
- Reservation overbookingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013It was Mothers Day. But when we got there with a 1:30 reservation for 2 we were told there were 5 tables ahead of us. Not good.... Spoke to manager and was seated immediately. Food was good. The free flowing mimosas were the hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Mother's Day BrunchArtnJoeVIPDined on 5/12/2013We were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time, another 30 minutes to get menus, and 30 minutes more to get mediocre food. When we mentioned the problems to Tony, he basically blew us off and made feeble excuses. Three tries three strikes we won't go back or refer friends or clients.
- BrunchMissyDined on 4/28/2013Limited menu for brunch. They were generous with champagne, but overall service was extremely poor and they didn't seem to have enough wait staff. We were charged for 5 brunches rather than 4 and they weren't concerned about mistake.
- You Will Never be Disappointed!MarilynVIPDined on 4/12/2013Once again, we were treated to an incredible evening at Leon's. We had a group of 11 people and the table was set up to perfection. The service by Tony was outstanding and everyone raved about their dinners. The salads are always good. One person tried the clam chowder and raved about it. My sole was, as always, fabulous! We had a great evening and the background music really topped it off. We continue to think Leon's is one of the best restaurants in the desert!Special Features:
- I realize it was Easter BrunchJCCLACAVIPDined on 3/31/2013I realize it was Easter Brunch and very busy. It seemed rather disorganized while waiting on a table. I'm happily surprised I recv'd my Open Table Points. When we arrived we told them we had reservations & the host wrote our first name on the list he had in his hand. Our resv was for 12:00, it was just about 12:45 when we were seated. The staff was friendly and kept water and champagne glasses full. The staff was working hard and were pleasant and engaging the whole time. The prime rib was delicious as were the Au'Gratin style potatoes. We also had lamb shank and roasted chicken, both very good as well. I will def be back on a day it isn't so busy. Leon's food is always good.Special Features:
- Easter at Leon's! Need IOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/31/2013Easter at Leon's! Need I say more? We arrived earlier than usual and the restaurant was filled with lots of families. As noon rolled around, the Easter Bunny entertained the children, and posed with the patrons, and those clad in Easter Bonnets arrived to liven the crowd. The staff is always accomodating, Tony is the consumate host, the food was delicious, the view - gorgeous. Our favorite venue for brunch, did it again!
- We had Easter brunch thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We had Easter brunch there and wanted something a little special and not too spendy. We got exactly what we had hoped. We plan on returning.Special Features:
- Palm Sunday at Leon's! OurOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2013Palm Sunday at Leon's! Our favorite place for Brunch! Tony and his son's are so hospitable, the food is delcious, and the champagne is always flowing! Highly recommended for a great tasty time.Special Features:
- Fabulous Brunch!Rpal1375VIPDined on 3/24/2013Great Brunch! The waiters were generous with the champagne and the portions were ample. Great Value and beautiful views of the golf course. Live Piano is the icing on the cake-Special Features:
- We alway enjoy our time atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013We alway enjoy our time at Leon's. I am not big on ambiance, but it is "barny" in there. Service is good but not enough servers. They alway seem harassed and very hurried. We do enjoy it there though and always seem to come back.Special Features:
- Great service and food. AOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Great service and food. A fun evening celebrating 60's music.Special Features:
- Great food. Really good pricing.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Great food. Really good pricing. Our waitress was very attentive and cute as a bug's ear. My steak was a little over cooked but still tender and tasty.
- We had a super brunch sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2013We had a super brunch sitting outside on the patio that boasts an amazing view. We will be back!Special Features:
- Two of us had the fried chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Two of us had the fried chicken and it was as dry as a bone. The other two had crab benedict and it was delicious. The server, Fernando, was the best ever. We will be back but will definitely avoid the fried chicken.Special Features: