320 Cooley Street
Springfield, MA 01128Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4137833398
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Leone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full range of catering services, from single orders picked up, to delivered drop off and set up, to full service with waitstaff and servers.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room w/50in flat screen tv to use if needed for lunch and dinner 7 days a week up to 32 guest. We also offer connecting dinning rooms for lunch 7 days a week for up to 80 guest.
- Private Party Contact: Heather/Rick 4137833398
- Entertainment: 3 televisions in bar area.
A word from Leone's Restaurant
We are a locally owned family business that has been operating since 1988.We are proud to offer only the best quality Meats, Fish, Poultry and fresh vegetables for all of our meals. Most of what we serve we make right here.Including our famous homemade Italian bread and garlic dipping oil. A perfect setting for any size gatherings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leone's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- TO the Leon family and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014just wanted to thank all of you for making our special day so perfect! We celebrated my son and daughters birthday, not only were the meals and apps (6 in all and we all had something different) were cook to perfection, the wait staff was on point thru out the whole evening! we know food service well, one guest was a ex.chef and the other catering chef both over 20 yrs experience .. we know how challenging it can be.. Great job to all, thanks so much, you have a great team! be back soon, Dawn TaylorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch and service2dineDined on 6/21/2014Second visit to Leone's for family gathering. From burgers, to salads to crab cakes, everything was prepared to our liking, good portions, and everyone was pleased, once again. Our waitress Saturday afternoon was the best! We were the only diners at first and then the room filled in with other groups, but the noise is well absorbed. We wish we lived closer, but will continue to visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haddock undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014I found the roasted haddock undercooked and it sat in a lot of butter. I did not want to say anything because this was our 40th anniversary
- Juliejules329Dined on 5/25/2014We were totally impressed with the outdoor patio food and service. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentJanetDined on 5/24/2014Our first time there after our favorite restaurant closed and it was excellent! The atmosphere, food and service were all outstanding!! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2014We attended dinner the night before a funeral. The food, service and atmosphere raised our spirits and we talked about it throughout the next day. The blackened sword fish was off the chart. Great job!Special Features:
- good food!PopSVIPDined on 5/11/2014Typical Italian restaurant run by a family - very tasty food - abrupt waitress - erratic hostess .BUT It is worth the trouble !!! That is all I am going to saying. Best veal I had in long time - size: elephant's ear!!! - homemade pasta and sauce - it was all delicious ... I will go back.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Leone's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Food Great ServiceginmaxDined on 3/29/2014Had not been there for awhile and glad we went back. Had wonderful server and the food was excellent.Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food.JesseDined on 3/1/2014Great quality, wonderful sauces and delicious bread and oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!huskyDined on 3/1/2014Enjoyed our dinners - fine food at good prices. Service was good, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerMelissaDined on 2/15/2014I made reservations for Sat Feb 15 to celebrate Valentine's Day. We got right in and seated. Our server was prompt in getting our drink orders but other than that, I felt like we were constantly waiting on her. We put in our app order and then she ran away when we wanted to ask her about the menu. We flagged her down to put in our dinner order. .i ordered the filet med and most of it came out med rare.My husband ordered the NY cut med (came out more medrare)with mushrooms and it came out with a pound of onions on it. Our server admitted the mistake, fixed it but noticed that all they did was take off the onions and put mushrooms on. it was okay for him, but I am allergic to onions. We have been here before but I don't think we will be backSpecial Features:
- Great local flavorBobbyDined on 2/15/2014A last minute reservation turned into a great night of food and friends. Great chicken parm and Sunday gravey.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceBensonDined on 2/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great! I took my wife to Leone's for a Valentines day dinner and we were delightfully surprised! We will certainly be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitstaff friendly and positiveGingerDined on 12/31/2013I expected it to be busier on new years eve. I enjoyed that it was quiet and that we were able to sit in a comfortable booth. The service that night was very good. Everyone at my table really enjoyed the food......my meal was better than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice appearance inside and outRickysGirlVIPDined on 12/31/2013Surprisingly, I liked Leone's! It was much better than I thought. I was very happy when we pulled up and saw it all lit up with white lights, icicles dripping everywhere, very lit up and festive-looking for the Holiday Season! And indoors did not disappoint either. Our waitress was pleasant, I don't recall any issues with service, EXCEPT that she did not refill water glasses, which someone in the party was waiting for endlessly. Also, this person commented that the pasta on his seafood dish was overdone, which was too bad. I got, for an appetizer, filet of steak medallions with crumbled gorgonzola cheese on top. It was NOT what I expected, the quality wasn't there and it came in one big piece, like a meal. Great drinks, nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2013We went there for pizza and to be honest there was nothing good about it. Very bland
- An excellent night out with groupBobBDined on 11/6/2013Took my nephew and all of his hungry dorm mates out for his 20th birthday. Service was excellent - I travel all the time and the service was better than restaurants 3x the price. Food was incredible including risotto meatballs and the pastas. Wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuSteveFDined on 10/26/2013The menu items made me feel like I was back in Italy. And the quality was very high as well. This was our second visit and I will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good - service was notJeanneDined on 10/12/2013It was easy to make a reservation. They accommodated my request for a table accessible for a wheelchair. The dining area was loud since there were a couple of big parties in the same room. The food was good except the waitress forgot to bring the pasta that went with my husbands meal. She never came to check on us so I was not able to remind her about it until we were done eating. She felt bad and gave him a free canoli. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get it and almost thought that she forgot about us. She apologized again and said she had to wait since she had them make the pasta. We brought the pasta home and my husband had it for breakfast. He said the canoli was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was generally fine butBeateVIPDined on 9/7/2013This was our third visit and the food was generally fine but not up to the very high standard set in our previous visits. The seafood was a bit overcooked, especially the fried food. We had had these items before and they were wonderful. We noticed that the menu was different but the waitress advised that there had been no change in either kitchen or management. The waitress was pleasant and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ItalianJudeDined on 8/25/2013Food is great. Love the outdoor patio. Great draft beer. Lots of food. Brought a doggie bag home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2013This was the first time I visited the restaurant Food was good, clean and friendly. The wait staff was very accommodating as it was my mother's 90th birthday party and fun was had by allSpecial Features:
- Food great- service so-so at bestBeateVIPDined on 5/11/2013This was our second visit to Leone's. The food was again impressive. The food, the comfortable, attractive layout, and friendly atmosphere of the restaurant were the primary reasons we came back. The only negative for us was the same thing we experienced last time. Our waiter was distracted, confused our orders, forgot some things altogether, brought us other peoples drink orders, had to be asked multiple times for basic things like utensils and napkins. She was not helpful at all when asked questions about the menu. If it had been our first visit, we would have dismissed it as a fluke because it was a busy mother's day weekend, but we had experienced exactly the same thing during our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairly goodxxxxDined on 5/11/2013not great ... very nice greeting at door, no wait (we had reservation); waiter was prompt, but not happy. I wanted to order Emeril's chicken, spicy, but she said she would not serve it (I've had it before, but ordered something else ) and was less than pleased because I really wanted the other dish. wonder why its on the menu if it won't be served.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT TRADITIONAL ITALIANOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2013EXCELLENT TRADITIONAL ITALIAN EATERY WITH GREAT QUALITY FOOD HUGH PORTIONS AND EXCEPTIONAL VALUESpecial Features:
- Very good Italian food. MuchWmassqt1971Dined on 2/2/2013Very good Italian food. Much better than the usual Italian chain restaurants. The restaurants been around for awhile but it was my first time there.Special Features:
- Great meal but we were theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Great meal but we were the only ones in that area of the resturant on a Saturday night?? Looks like prices including drinks are too high. Not likely to go very oftern and in fact would not have except for the fact that we had a gift card.
- Leone's as always has excellentJoyceDined on 5/13/2012Leone's as always has excellent food, good service and a wonderful neighbor hood restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2012Excellent food, excellent service. Waitress was very knowledgable about the menu. We will be back.Special Features: