709 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70125Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leonardonola.com/index.php
- Phone: 5045588986
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Leonardo Trattoria
Boasting a prime location in the heart of New Orleans, along with a top notch staff and chef, Leonardo Trattoria is known for putting out the very best and most authentic Italian cuisine in all of New Orleans. Offering Sicilian-style lunch and dinner, wood fire oven pizza, incredible desserts like homemade cannoli, and a relaxed and eclectic atmosphere, with Italian mobster movies playing on the flat screen TVs, Leonardo Trattoria is an old favorite of both everyday locals and Mardi Gras tourists alike, and it's a dining experience that one won't soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leonardo Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't Bother Just YetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013They were not up to full speed. For example, they advertised coffee but the coffee machine just happened to be broke; however, they offerred to sell you espresso at a higher price. They advertised limonata, but the shipment from Italy had not arrived yet. There other (Italian) restaurants that I will visit before I return to Leonardo Trattoria.
- Limited Menu (temporary)Calvaruso8VIPDined on 3/13/2013On this night, we were informed that Leonard's had a new chef, therefore they had a Very Limited menu. However, the food we did order was very good and served timely. They also did not have the wine we wanted (from the menu), but overall it was a good experience, and we will return.
- I would not recommmend thisdaninycVIPDined on 2/23/2013I would not recommmend this restaraunt to anyone. The service was terrible, the food was awful and the manager was loud, rude and insulting to customers. They were busy with large parties and had no idea what they were doing. It was amitature hour and they have no business being open. I would skip this location when you visit NOLA. Do your homework and find a much better place to dine.
- Pick a Different PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Do not go here. This place is right next to Herb Street, one of the best places in town, but may as well be on another planet. I had a pasta dish with crab and almost every bite I ate had crab shell in it. Several of my friends ordered the pizza. (How can you screw up pizza, right?) It was a giant puffy dinner roll like crust with a little tomato sauce and barely any cheese or toppings. We were counting them on one hand. New Orleans has too many great places to waste your time here.
- Great food, okay decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013Very good food. Home made pasta noodles were superb. Sicilian theme on the menu carries through to the wine list and movies playing silently on multiple flat screens. The place was pretty empty, but it was a Wednesday. The staff could have been a little more attentive, but it was not bad.
- Excellent experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Excellent experience. Food was wonderful and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The food was outstanding. The restaurant is small and we sat outside which was nice, but the street can get a little noisy. I was expecting a fine dining experience and this is more of a mom and pop type shop. That being said, the food was as good as any fine dining restaurant experience. The waitress was not very knowledgeable but very nice and gave good service. I would not recommend this place for a very special occasion, but I would definitely recommend it for good food and convenience.Special Features:
- reasonable pizza placeAlexanderVIPDined on 11/3/2012OK though a little overpriced and not really Sicilian. Pizzas have too many ingredients, but they are OK. We did not take any pastas since we ordered a pasta dish there last time, and it was just a disaster (had nothing to do with Sicilian pasta). Anyway, if you are in the mood to eat pizza in New Orleans, this restaurant may be one of the best options.Special Features:
- Could be cleaner & serverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Could be cleaner & server could smile when approaching table.Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2012I have always enjoyed this restaurant, never a bad meal and normally never slow service. This visit, we had a table of 10ppl and it was on a Wednesday evening after an outdoor concert just 2 blocks away ended. They always have a very strong turnout afterwards. My issue was this, THEY know about the concerts and THEY know how busy they get, in addition to our reservation of 10ppl. However, they only had 2 servers for the entire restaurant AND outside tables. I had to get up and ask the bartender for pitchers of water to refill our glasses, which he rudely handed them to the waitress without a word to me still standing there waiting. Our server never offered dessert, coffee, I had to ask for to go boxes.Special Features:
- This food at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012This food at this restaurant was horrible. I will never return.
- Overpriced and DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Although we were seated immediately, service was very slow. This might have been due to a lack of sufficient staff, but it was a Wednesday night and the French Quarter was hopping. The food was overpriced and not exciting at all. I'm not a food snob, but there was nothing from this visit that makes me want to come back. The highlight of the evening was the lovely sangria, but I can purchase a good sangria elsewhere and find better food as well. I would recommend trying somewhere else if you're looking for a pleasant dining experience.
- Nothing good to say about.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012Nothing good to say about. Especially at that price. Just not good.
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Wonderful wine list. Past was excellent. Have eaten here many time and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Calamari-A everything else-COpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012It was ok overall. The calamari, however, was the best I've ever had! Looked a little run down, younger waitstaff was friendly, but more interested in playing on their phones than serving us. Calzone was a little burnt, pasta was a little undercooked.
- Best Caprese Salad!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012BEST CAPRESE SALAD!!!, amazing home-made pasta and refreshing granitas! perfect light fare in a city full of fried foods!Special Features:
- YUK!SharonDined on 6/23/2012They say it is home made pasta and sauces but it is very bland and tasteless. For the money we spent it was not at all worth it.
- Excellent Food! Strange staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012The food was EXCELLENT! My friends and I split entree's but I can tell you we will never do that again! I've been craving more of the pasta for days now! It's in a great location near the Garden District. However, the staff were strange. They were attentive and helpful answering questions, but we often overheard them play-fighting with one another. And the TV screens on the perimeter of the room played some very graphic movies. This is not a kid-friendly place!Special Features:
- DO NOT EAT HERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012The reservation system was down, and they didn't have our reservation. They were, however able to seat us. The food was bland and had little flavor. The red sauce tasted like it came out of a jar. When our drinks were refilled, tea was put in the glass with coke, and vise versa. When we asked for bread, it came without butter. When we asked for butter, it looked and tasted more like a glob of cooking lard. We didn't eat half of our meal, and left it on the table rather than take the left overs. For a meal for two that cost more than $50, it was a real let down. For a family on an extremely tight budget, I can't even quantify how disappointed we were. I absolutely would not recommend this restaurant.
- The food is ALWAYS excellent,SJayVIPDined on 6/12/2012The food is ALWAYS excellent, & staff is friendly.Special Features:
- Very good Italian food. Pasta'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2012Very good Italian food. Pasta's were freshly made and the sauces were quite good. Pizza was nicely done. It's rare we eat at an Italian restaurant we would be glad to go back to unless it is in Italy but we would definately return.Special Features:
- When you walk in it looksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2012When you walk in it looks like you are in a bar, but don't be fooled. The Italian food is great.Special Features:
- Very under staffed in frontBennoDined on 5/27/2012Very under staffed in front of the house. When my food did arrive, it was the best I have ever had. So I don't understand why they don't have busser's to help the servers, and a bartenderSpecial Features:
- This place was a real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012This place was a real find! When we asked about the wine they let us taste a couple to see what we liked. The salad was wonderful and the entree even better. Can't beat homemade pasta. In a city of great resturants, this ranks right up there.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2012I read the reviews before booking this reservation, and honestly, this is a great New Orleans find. The food was terrific, the wait staff was very pleasant and the bartender poured generously... What more could you want? We sat outside at one of the five or six tables and shot video of the trolleys coming by.. Very nice environment. Along with Adolpho's, Leonardo's is now on my must-go-to list when I go to New Orleans... and a place I would take most of my clients.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/1/2012Food was pretty good. Server was nice but over burdened, the restaurant appeared to be under staffed.Special Features:
- Arrived early. Drinks at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2012Arrived early. Drinks at the bar. The bartender was very plesant and gave insight on food dishes. Sat down at table and it took 20-25 minutes for waitresses to decide who was waiting on us. Waitress kept asking if we wanted water and did'nt bring until 3rd time of asking. Took our plates before asking if we were cone. Brought check out as if she was ready to get rid of us and had another agenda. Noww, let's talk about our FOOD. Outstanding. Appetizer of Bruschetta Pomodoro and woodfired oysters! Veal Parmigiana served over pasta, Fish of day Fradiavola served over pasta, Margherita pizza. Top it off with Tiramisu! AWESOME! Best Italian Cuisine Sicilian style have eaten! Going back this weekend! Great Wine also.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2012Service was exceptional and pasta was surprisingly good to us Northerners! Great place for a quiet meal!Special Features:
- The food was very good. AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/27/2012The food was very good. Authentic italian. Service was not too good. Waitress spilled water couple of times, several of the wines on the list were not available and also one dish we asked for was not available. When the check came, I was charged for a more expensive wine than the one I ordered.