1807 S 1st St
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lenoirrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (512) 215-9778
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm; Sunday: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Duplechan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining option in our backyard wine garden. Limited set menu required. Deposit required. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Maher 5122159778x
- Entertainment: Small, acoustic bands play from time to time. Check out our Facebook page for more details.
- Special Events: We are happy to discuss Special Events, please call LENOIR Restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Lenoir Restaurant
LENOIR is a small neighborhood restaurant run by a husband and wife team dedicated to creating inspired dishes using the best of Central Texas' produce, meat & cheeses and Gulf seafood. We have a fabulous, thoughtful wine and beer list that pairs well with the menu. Our dining room is casually intimate, perfect for date night, friendly get-togethers and business dinners, and our backyard wine garden is private and magical, boasting some of Austin's oldest live oak trees. The food is great, the service friendly and we are located in the cool & fast-expanding Bouldin Creek neighborhood on South First Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lenoir Restaurant - Best Restaurants in South Austin ›
Lenoir Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)special occasion (100)romantic (83)neighborhood gem (82)notable wine list (53)hot spot (28)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (8)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExcellentCleanfoodpleaseDined on 11/26/2014Loved the cozy and inviting atmosphere. Everything we ate , cauliflower soup, red fish, antelope heart, bread pudding, squash mousse, was perfectly prepared. We will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014This was one of, if not the most creative meals I've ever had. Blending flavors that you would think would not go together, actually worked. So incredibly innovative and exciting. Ambiance was intimate and romantic. Service was excellent. I recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary date spot!AdamDined on 11/22/2014Had a wonderful experience at Lenior. The servers were very informed and helped us craft our course choices and wine to pair with. My favorite dish was the tamale with soft egg. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the old LenoirEllieVIPDined on 11/22/2014I love Lenoir but have been disappointed on and off for about a year. Their food had become increasingly more bland. Miss their heat and original spicing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my breath away......................Chica1Dined on 11/19/2014This was the first time I have experience Lenior. The total experience took my breath away from the moment I walked in. The restaurant itself is stunning, the service is impeccable and the food is out of the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There's a reason Lenoir's is rate number 1srnaustinVIPDined on 11/18/2014Much a great place for a foodie to eat, the dishes are so different and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eclectic food at a reasonable priceCoolchangeDined on 11/15/2014Intimate dining experience with eclectic food choices ( antelope heart) at a reasonable price. A delicious fixed price menu with portion sizes that left both the diners and their wallets full. Although not a fan of community seating restaurants, we were lucky to get seats at the bar next to each other so we avoided the large community table. Will definitely eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceErikVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had a very nice dinner at Lenoir. I really like the prix fixe idea. It makes it easy to order and the variety is nice. Overall nice selection of wines. Service was outstanding. The wait persons were knowledgeable about the food items and the wines. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locavore, seasonal menuamandaDined on 11/14/2014We loved our dinner here...one of the best meals we've had in Austin. The only bummer is that portion sizes are quite small, so you might expect to order more than the standard 3-course prixe-fixe menu. The server was very enthusiastic and attentive. The ambiance compensates for the uncomfortable chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerluvsavoryVIPDined on 11/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Lenoir. The food is excellent and unique to this restaurant. The chefs are obviously talented and inventive, The wine list is interesting and has some real gems on it. The service was excellent - Lauren was attentive but not overbearing. She added to the very positive experience. We sat at the communal table in the center of the dining room. The stools were a little uncomfortable, but did not detract from the experience.Special Features:
- Interesting place with inventive menujanetDined on 11/11/2014We always think Lenoir is interesting, the place itself as well as an inventive and usually quite delicious menu. But it is crowded and noisy. We are not fans of communal tables where you are elbow to elbow with other diners who may or may not be pleasant and considerate. Also not fans of bar dining or the high bar style tables which are the two options other than the communal table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatly disappointedrodgernDined on 11/9/2014Entree was ridiculously small portion. When I pay that much.money I expect a realistic portion of food.
- Delightful DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014While portions are small the creativity of the items & the flavor of the food is off the chart! The frog wings & deviled eggs are delicious! Service was terrific...thanks Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard seatsneedlebuttDined on 11/7/2014some of the older members of society don't have much natural padding in the seating area. a little padding on the board chairs please!Special Features:
- Not French. Or particularly good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014Between the naan bread, the peppers and crickets, and the general lack of french influence on their food, Lenoir is a pretty misleading restaurant. My girlfriend and I were excited to try it because we've both spent time (she used to live) in France and were looking forward to a higher end french meal in Austin. It's not french, which was a fairly large issue given the expectation. It was also the mediocre little brother to Barley Swine, Blackbird and Henry, Salty Sow, and arguably Odd Duck in terms of execution. Needless to say, meh.
- UniquebbqtDined on 11/4/2014Interesting, adventurous food at an affordable price. The fact that it's seasonal makes it even better. Chef understands spice, balance, and texture. Nothing was bland, nor was anything salty. What was spicy, wasn't overwhelming. When there was soft/mushy, there was also crunch. Pickled and acidic foods provided appropriate balance. Had the naan/sweet potato, tamale, crudo, quail, antelope heart, coppa ham, and chocolate bread pudding. the only dish I found to be mediocre was the tamale - the egg yolk wasn't very runny, the dish was lukewarm, and it was kind of boring because it seemed more "one note" than everything else. Server was enthusiastic, confident, and interactions didn't seem contrived from diner's perspective.Special Features:
- Our favoriteadam4gaidaDined on 10/31/2014Whenever we are in Austin (from Houston) we make certain to have dinner at Lenoir. It is without a doubt our favorite restaurant. The menu is always exceptional, the staff are passionate about the food and wine, dining at Lenoir is always a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent prix-fixe menuHGWTVIPDined on 10/30/2014Extremely creative menu of mostly local ingredients divided into three categories: Field, Sea, and Land. Each category had three choices and your meal was composed of any three of the nine choices. A dessert choice was a mere $10 surcharge. I chose a soft egg tamale/mushroom ragu/goat feta for my starter, the poha crusted redfish/braised greens/butternut squash/apple for my second course, and the coppa ham/cornbread polenta/oyster/hot sauce/fried crowder peas for my third course. Each and every dish was perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the gala apple tarte tartin/horchata ice cream for dessert and was very pleased and satisfied. Service was very cordial and efficient. I highly recommend this cozy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, melted in mouth.. but..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I set out to experience something slightly more than the typcial. This resturant's food and wine list didn't fall short of any expectations. Excellent food melted in my mouth. I think I had the best meal of my life there.. with one exception. the couple next to us brought a kid in.. not just any kid a small 3 year old. he hummed during the entire meal and the staff didn't do anything about it. In all fairness, my reservation was early (5:30 on a Saturday night). I'd think for $175 meal for two I wouldn't have to deal with a child interrupting my experience. I have been here twice. The last time it was all adults. I've deducted stars for ambiance due to this.Special Features:
- Lovely LenoirOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Brilliant, Stupendous and yummy! Love this place and visit it as often as I can. If I lived closer, I would probably go at least once a week.Special Features:
- amazingpigsVIPDined on 10/18/2014there is no bad experience at lenoir; i've been 6-7 times and it's always different, always amazing and i come away surprised what some people are able to do with food that is not obvious and not contrived at the same time.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience, CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/16/2014Loved this restaurant. Scene was cool, tiny space, cool atmosphere. Food was interesting and tasted great. Out of the 11 dishes we tried, we didn't care for one.Special Features:
- Excellent dining serviceHudjulVIPDined on 10/14/2014great service, knowledgeable, wonderful combinationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderful!JudyDined on 10/10/2014Audrey and Chris were among the best servers we have ever had - enthusiastic , patient, friendly and knowledgeable. Food was exceptional. CNnot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!SBeeDined on 10/2/2014The interior of the restaurant was cozy. Great wine recommendations by server/somm for our menu selections. We did the three item pre-fixe menu and enjoyed every bite. I was surprised by the Indian food influence because I expected a little more French...but it really worked. The naan with eggplant spread was impeccable. We also tried the cucumber raita salad, an egg tamale, the crudo, the quail, the goat dumplings, and the cocoa nib squash creme brulee for dessert. Delicious! We now feel officially ready to enjoy the Fall season. Can't wait to return for a couple glasses of wine on the patio or for one of their monthly wine tasting lunches. Thanks for making our anniversary dinner a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal as always!ATXDinerDined on 10/1/2014Seasonal menu with many locally-sourced ingredients changes almost every week, but there's always something good. I had the cucumber salad, the crudo, the pork and the pear tarte tatin. Everything was delicious and the wines were fabulous and fun (a Sauvignon Blanc from Slovenia? yes, please!). Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:
- really sad i did not enjoy lenoirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The atmosphere was nice, close, and we didn't mind sitting next to someone else. The pre-fix three course menu was fine for us and we each chose something different for our three course meal so we could share and try more options. Not sure if the restaurant was supposed to be this way but it took a good 15 to 20 minutes to wait for each small plate and a 3 course meal plus dessert took almost two hours. Considering it took less than a couple minutes to eat each dish the wait was sort of unbearable even with good conversation. Dishes weren't crazy creative and ones like the dumplings were just bland. For the money we spent we were disappointed with the little we got. I left almost full but my boyfriend was still hungry afterwards.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I had high hopes for Lenoir after hearing so many wonderful reviews. My husband and I both got a good selection of dishes from each section to ensure that we got a varied mix of veggie, field, and sea....but only 2 of the 6 dishes we ordered actually stood out. The order at which the dishes cam probably had something to do with that but, overall, I was not totally impressed. The service was great, however, and the ambiance is lovely.Special Features:
- greatIeathereforeiamDined on 9/23/2014This place deserves all the acclaim it gets. Really creative dishes without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creativedavelDined on 9/18/2014we enjoyed this place immensely. the menu changes weekly so check before you go to make sure there is something for you. the sauces were light and full of flavor, the fish was cooked perfeclty and the desert was what one hopes for but rarely gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and great service. The restaurant is very small and there is no bar waiting area. We showed up early to grab some drinks, but had to had to sit outside on the porch with the hostess. Not a deal breaker, but a good advice...don't show up early for drinks.Special Features:
- Great South Austin Fine DiningGaryDined on 9/13/2014I read several great reviews and they were all accurate. Fantastic food, we tried six different items and they were all great> My favorite was the red fish and tamale that has an egg inside. Nice. And get yourself and order of the fresh made bread. Heavenly. Great service too.We got there at 5 and so we got a table for two, but there are only a few of those. Lucky for us. Then there is bar seating or a big shared table seating. That wouldn't be my favorite arrangement. Great experience. We drove in from Round Rock. Worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!ChasingboltsDined on 9/11/2014Had a fantastic evening at Lenoir! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointfoodisluvDined on 9/11/2014This place is amazing every time. Each dish is executed perfectly. Unexpected combinations. Friendly staff. Best dining experience in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotNancyDined on 9/7/2014Lenoir was the perfect spot for an intimate evening with my boyfriend. We came here to celebrate his birthday, and we were very pleased with the food, service, and the overall experience. I definitely recommend this place to anyone that enjoys trying different kinds of food.Special Features:
- Good the 1st time; not so the 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014The first time my husband and I went to Lenoir it was SPECTACULAR. The corn ravioli was amazing along with the ceviche, and quail dishes. Everything we ordered we liked. Second time was a month later. I didn't like one thing I had except the naan bread. My husband and in laws were dining with me as well and also didn't like their food very much. They change their menu weekly I believe; that week was a totally flop. We won't be going back for awhile....
- NorahDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Love the decorations ! The cocktail were too light and small.But the only thing that holds me back to give them a 5 star is their host had us sitting at the bar with bunch of people to celebrate our anniversary instead of a 2 table spot which we see an open table for 2 available ! We didn't bother her to change our table as we see they have a small place even though we requested it as a celebrating our wedding anniversary ;(Special Features:
- Top Class DiningWayneDined on 9/5/2014Lenoir is modern Austin dining at its finest. Lovely atmosphere, inventive food and very friendly service. Great value too!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!KBW71Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I left stuffed and elated over a wonderful and exciting meal. This dinner was great for foodies who want to experience a fresh new taste combinations - very inventive! Very thoughtful and knowledgeable staff -- great service!Special Features:
- Great dinnerSeddymomDined on 9/3/2014Great atmosphere, amazing and well balanced dishes and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.