1807 S 1st St
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lenoirrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5122159778x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm; Sunday: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Duplechan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining option in our backyard wine garden. Limited set menu required. Deposit required. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Maher 5122159778x
- Entertainment: Small, acoustic bands play from time to time. Check out our Facebook page for more details.
- Special Events: We are happy to discuss Special Events, please call LENOIR Restaurant directly for more information.
A word from Lenoir Restaurant
LENOIR is a small neighborhood restaurant run by a husband and wife team dedicated to creating inspired dishes using the best of Central Texas' produce, meat & cheeses and Gulf seafood. We have a fabulous, thoughtful wine and beer list that pairs well with the menu. Our dining room is casually intimate, perfect for date night, friendly get-togethers and business dinners, and our backyard wine garden is private and magical, boasting some of Austin's oldest live oak trees. The food is great, the service friendly and we are located in the cool & fast-expanding Bouldin Creek neighborhood on South First Street.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lenoir Restaurant - Best Restaurants in South Austin ›
Lenoir Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)special occasion (85)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (48)hot spot (27)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- amazingpigsVIPDined on 10/18/2014there is no bad experience at lenoir; i've been 6-7 times and it's always different, always amazing and i come away surprised what some people are able to do with food that is not obvious and not contrived at the same time.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience, CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/16/2014Loved this restaurant. Scene was cool, tiny space, cool atmosphere. Food was interesting and tasted great. Out of the 11 dishes we tried, we didn't care for one.Special Features:
- Excellent dining serviceHudjulVIPDined on 10/14/2014great service, knowledgeable, wonderful combinationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderful!JudyDined on 10/10/2014Audrey and Chris were among the best servers we have ever had - enthusiastic , patient, friendly and knowledgeable. Food was exceptional. CNnot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner!SBeeDined on 10/2/2014The interior of the restaurant was cozy. Great wine recommendations by server/somm for our menu selections. We did the three item pre-fixe menu and enjoyed every bite. I was surprised by the Indian food influence because I expected a little more French...but it really worked. The naan with eggplant spread was impeccable. We also tried the cucumber raita salad, an egg tamale, the crudo, the quail, the goat dumplings, and the cocoa nib squash creme brulee for dessert. Delicious! We now feel officially ready to enjoy the Fall season. Can't wait to return for a couple glasses of wine on the patio or for one of their monthly wine tasting lunches. Thanks for making our anniversary dinner a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal as always!ATXDinerDined on 10/1/2014Seasonal menu with many locally-sourced ingredients changes almost every week, but there's always something good. I had the cucumber salad, the crudo, the pork and the pear tarte tatin. Everything was delicious and the wines were fabulous and fun (a Sauvignon Blanc from Slovenia? yes, please!). Thanks for a great experience!Special Features:
- really sad i did not enjoy lenoirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The atmosphere was nice, close, and we didn't mind sitting next to someone else. The pre-fix three course menu was fine for us and we each chose something different for our three course meal so we could share and try more options. Not sure if the restaurant was supposed to be this way but it took a good 15 to 20 minutes to wait for each small plate and a 3 course meal plus dessert took almost two hours. Considering it took less than a couple minutes to eat each dish the wait was sort of unbearable even with good conversation. Dishes weren't crazy creative and ones like the dumplings were just bland. For the money we spent we were disappointed with the little we got. I left almost full but my boyfriend was still hungry afterwards.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014I had high hopes for Lenoir after hearing so many wonderful reviews. My husband and I both got a good selection of dishes from each section to ensure that we got a varied mix of veggie, field, and sea....but only 2 of the 6 dishes we ordered actually stood out. The order at which the dishes cam probably had something to do with that but, overall, I was not totally impressed. The service was great, however, and the ambiance is lovely.Special Features:
- greatIeathereforeiamDined on 9/23/2014This place deserves all the acclaim it gets. Really creative dishes without being pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creativedavelDined on 9/18/2014we enjoyed this place immensely. the menu changes weekly so check before you go to make sure there is something for you. the sauces were light and full of flavor, the fish was cooked perfeclty and the desert was what one hopes for but rarely gets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food and great service. The restaurant is very small and there is no bar waiting area. We showed up early to grab some drinks, but had to had to sit outside on the porch with the hostess. Not a deal breaker, but a good advice...don't show up early for drinks.Special Features:
- Great South Austin Fine DiningGaryDined on 9/13/2014I read several great reviews and they were all accurate. Fantastic food, we tried six different items and they were all great> My favorite was the red fish and tamale that has an egg inside. Nice. And get yourself and order of the fresh made bread. Heavenly. Great service too.We got there at 5 and so we got a table for two, but there are only a few of those. Lucky for us. Then there is bar seating or a big shared table seating. That wouldn't be my favorite arrangement. Great experience. We drove in from Round Rock. Worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!ChasingboltsDined on 9/11/2014Had a fantastic evening at Lenoir! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointfoodisluvDined on 9/11/2014This place is amazing every time. Each dish is executed perfectly. Unexpected combinations. Friendly staff. Best dining experience in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotNancyDined on 9/7/2014Lenoir was the perfect spot for an intimate evening with my boyfriend. We came here to celebrate his birthday, and we were very pleased with the food, service, and the overall experience. I definitely recommend this place to anyone that enjoys trying different kinds of food.Special Features:
- Good the 1st time; not so the 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2014The first time my husband and I went to Lenoir it was SPECTACULAR. The corn ravioli was amazing along with the ceviche, and quail dishes. Everything we ordered we liked. Second time was a month later. I didn't like one thing I had except the naan bread. My husband and in laws were dining with me as well and also didn't like their food very much. They change their menu weekly I believe; that week was a totally flop. We won't be going back for awhile....
- NorahDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Love the decorations ! The cocktail were too light and small.But the only thing that holds me back to give them a 5 star is their host had us sitting at the bar with bunch of people to celebrate our anniversary instead of a 2 table spot which we see an open table for 2 available ! We didn't bother her to change our table as we see they have a small place even though we requested it as a celebrating our wedding anniversary ;(Special Features:
- Top Class DiningWayneDined on 9/5/2014Lenoir is modern Austin dining at its finest. Lovely atmosphere, inventive food and very friendly service. Great value too!Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!KBW71Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I left stuffed and elated over a wonderful and exciting meal. This dinner was great for foodies who want to experience a fresh new taste combinations - very inventive! Very thoughtful and knowledgeable staff -- great service!Special Features:
- Great dinnerSeddymomDined on 9/3/2014Great atmosphere, amazing and well balanced dishes and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014Rustically elegant. Food is inventive and excellent! Decor is understated and comfortable. Seating is along a bar or at a communal table plus a half dozen tables for two or four. Very nice. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Top 3 in AustinDaniellaSDined on 8/31/2014The staff are inviting and personable, and able to discuss myriad topics without missing a beat. We love banter. The barman Jimmy (?), knew the food and wine and was able to express this to me in a brief, yet breezy informative fashion. We truly loved everything we ate. Each course was more subtle yet, deeply complex each time. And the pairings to match were wonderful too. It is a small space however, so if you do not enjoy being close to your neighbors try to get an early reservation for a single table, as there are options at the bar and also, a communal table. Overall, we cannot wait to go back and hope to try a dessert that is gluten free whe we are there...although we loved the chèvre as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedrgm0Dined on 8/29/2014The subscription model failed, and once people realize that a cracker with chevre on it costs $13 as part of three courses for $40 I predict that the prix fixe model will too. It's still fun to splurge on though, and tasty. The website menu may differ from the actual menu somewhat, because it is not updated to reflect daily availability. Impeccable service though.Special Features:
- Divine foodKayGRVIPDined on 8/28/2014I was a little thrown by the seating at first, but the food itself was the cure for that. Each course was interesting, sophisticated and delicious. I felt like I was being treated to the offerings of Top Chefs. The service was perfectly pitched and I loved the ambiance-- intimate, gently lit. NOT a place for big parties, but particularly perfect for date night. What a treat!Special Features:
- Good things come in small packages!newfavoriteplaceDined on 8/27/2014Small, intimate, really pretty setting, attentive staff, absolutely delicious food, nice wine selection. Sat at the bar and it was very comfortable -Would love to do the (outdoor) Happy Hour and plan to when it's not 100 degrees.Special Features:
- Perfect SpotWorldmouseDined on 8/21/2014Always worth to come again, friendly staff, great food, best wines...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second great experience...AustinbeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Ate here in early August. Made this reservation before leaving the venue. Enough said! Waiting for menu to change and I will be backSpecial Features:
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food and service. We went for an anniversary and were seated at a two top. My biggest complaint was that most of the seating is at two large communal tables. Fortunately, we went at 6pm and got a private table. Food was unique and delicious without being pretentious. I had the charred tomato, salmon ceviche and redfish. My spouse had goat terrine, octopus curry and sour pork sausage. All were excellent, with the tomato being our favorite. I was surprised at the decent portion sizes too. Three courses will fill you up without busting your guy. I look forward to returning as the seasons change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant for foodiesDallasFoodie27Dined on 8/9/2014I had the salmon ceviche, goat, and chocolate desert. Of course, the names on the menu were much more fancy, and so was the presentation. Honestly, everything was prepared supremely well. This was a place where I would feel up to trying a lot more interesting food than I typically order or prepare. The chefs obviously know what they are doing in the kitchen, and our server was intuitive and picked some excellent wines to go with our meals. The atmosphere is small, special, and charming. Definitely make reservations since the location has limited seating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful menu, great wine pairingh78704Dined on 8/7/2014Service is excellent, our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and especially the wines. We did the prix fixe with wine pairing, and it was very nice. All but one of the courses was outstanding. There was one that was a little off for me, but my table mates liked it. Atmosphere is sweet and cozy. My only negative comment is that the tall wooden chairs/stools were not comfortable for a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!gvrbaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first visit to Lenoir. This is an quaint, converted home in near South Austin. Capacity of the entire restaurant is about 32. See their web site for pictures. OK, the food. We had the "pick three out of four" offered courses on the prix fixe menu. Courses, between us, included the corn ravioli, redfish, grilled quail, and the chocolate and fig pie dessert. Just let me say my companion and I have lived in Austin over 30 years, and we have NEVER experienced a more flavorful, exactly prepared, perfectly presented, and memorable meal. Period. Chris's service was knowledgeable, friendly but professional, and attentive but not hovering. The wine list is thoughtfully paired with what is being offered. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Innovative DishesSharonIsaacDined on 8/6/2014Very innovation dishes and menu in an intimate setting. I think we counted setting for about 30. Lovely place. We also enjoyed the special vermouth menu.Special Features:
- Oh holy god what a perfect dinner.NickDined on 8/5/2014I can't recall the last time so many things fit so perfectly together. Every course was genius from conception to execution to my mouth. The wine was fantastic. The whole service was the best dinner out I'd had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arguably best meal ever..AustinbeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful food. A delightful blend of ingredients , many locally sourced. Great service. Beautiful setting. Best compliment I can give, I booked my next meal at Lenoir before I went to bed that nightSpecial Features:
- OldSchoolDined on 7/30/2014Meal was very good but we were fortunate on seating. Dinner for two could be difficult at the communal table- particularly if you are hard of hearing. Bar seating worked well for us but you can't reserve a spot 'off the communal table.'Special Features:
- Cozy, upscale diningEmilyHDined on 7/30/2014Perfectly prepared food in a cute and cozy setting. It feels like dining in someone's home... someone with eclectic, vintage taste and an incredible chef. I'd definitely recommend sharing plates with your dining companions. We tried 6 different dishes (2 field, 1 sea, 2 land, 1 dream) and added the dessert special because it sounded incredible! Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I had heard great things and lenoir didnt dissapointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findbetterthanaverageDined on 7/20/2014Superior service. Outstanding food, uniquely prepared although quantity was a bit on the skimpy side. Pleasant atmosphere. Noise levels were modest allowing normal conversation. All in all, a very pleasant evening. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Party of 4, 2 adults and 2 adventurous teens. We chose to order 1 of everything (12 different dishes) and split them each 4 ways. The food was amazing. Each dish was perfectly cooked. Ingredients were fresh and very well-matched. There wasn't a single dish I would refuse if offered again. The service was friendly, knowledgeable, and well-timed. If we lived closer to Austin, we would be here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a well designed spaceanastasiaraDined on 7/12/2014I think this place is a must, especially if you are staying in the area. We came to Austin for a bachelorette weekend, and wanted a place with that was well designed to savour the food. Beautiful design touches make the physical space, but food was great as well.Special Features: