L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
2000 18th ST NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lenfantcafe.com/
- Phone: 2023191800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm– 12:00am, Friday: 12:00pm – 1:00am, Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am. Sunday: 10:00am - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am – 1:30pm, 2:00pm – 5:30pm (La Boum brunch), Sunday: 10:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch
A word from L'Enfant Cafe & Bar
At L'Enfant café-bar, you'll feel more like you are on holiday in Paris, than in Washington DC. This casual and pleasant cafe-bar, with a lovely interior and a beautiful sidewalk garden patio is one of the city’s happiest places to visit. Our menu features a large selection of delicious starters, a menu of Main Plates (like Beef Bourguignon, Roast Chicken and a sinful 3-Cheese, White Truffle Macaroni and Cheese), delicious savory crepes, the best and biggest French Dip sandwich in town, a cheesy French Onion Soup and our signature Croque Monsieur that will whisk you to the Left Bank with every mouth-watering bite. And no visit would be complete without a sampling of our menu of sweet crepes, where Nutella is king. Our candle-lit bar is cozy and friendly with a large selection of Belgium beers, fine French wines and champagnes, top shelf liquors and DC's most delicious cappuccinos, lattes and mochas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
L'Enfant Cafe & Bar - Best Restaurants in Adams Morgan ›
L'Enfant Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (31)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (19)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (12)fit for foodies (11)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- Best Brunch in DCEthanDined on 8/23/2014Food is great and the party is unforgettable! Craziest, most fun brunch I've ever been to. Don't go if you're trying to eat a relaxing brunch, but if you want to have a great time, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- InconsistentBillyDined on 8/20/2014The food standards are not consistent at the restauarnt. The last time we went it was delicious and this time, it was bareable. Disappointed!!
- party brunch, better for frat boyslaryatidDined on 8/16/2014great for a club party type brunch. i thought it would be more of a show but really it's just dancing on chairs and no real show.Special Features:
- Exceptional find!RickVIPDined on 8/13/2014Everything about L'Enfant was great! The food was really excellent, as was the service. Would definitely be a regular here if I lived in Washington. I'll go back on my next visit.Special Features:
- Awesome RestaurantPerfectionDined on 8/11/2014I booked the venue to host a private dinner meeting. The staff was amazing, the food was to die for and the venue was perfect for what I wanted to accomplish. It was in walking distance from the Washington Hilton and it made it a perfect location. We are truly thinking about coming back next year and using L'Enfant again.Special Features:
- Fabulous!IlovebrunchDined on 8/10/2014Hands down my favorite brunch place. This was my 3rd La Boum and it seems to be getting better and better. The friends I brought had never been but they had a great time and couldn't stop raving about it. The food/drinks/service are really good, the energy is crazy and the guys working there are pretty hot and friendly. This is a good place to go if you're celebrating something like a birthday/new job/friends visiting from out of town/whatever and it's more fun with a bigger group. Everyone seems to order champagne and a substantial percentage of people seem to remove most of their clothing around the 4pm mark---it's a pretty pleasant way to spend a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rang in my 30th with a BOUM!LongTimeLstnr1stTimeCallrDined on 8/9/2014Me and 13 of my friends gathered this past Saturday to celebrate my 30th birthday at L'Enfant's La Boum brunch and it was better than expected! Basically it was a daytime house party with 60 of your new bff's, a stripper, and an awesome playlist. I would absolutely recommend going at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funnest DC Sunday BrunchRanooshDined on 8/3/2014The experience overall was amazing. We were not too crazy about the food but the ambiance and fun filled environment definitely made up for it. I would recommend having a co-ed group... it just makes it even more fun. If you are looking for an out of the ordinary way to end your weekend, I would definitely recommend La Boom!Special Features:
- AMAZING TIMESJPS1Dined on 7/27/2014This place is a must must MUST do! Come ready to PARTY and you will not be disappointed. While it's ala carte drinks- just budget in advance- AND RSVP WAAAAAAAAY advance but trust me- it's worth every day of the wait!!Special Features:
- Wow, Wow and Wow!!!AlexandriaPrimerDined on 7/26/2014Memorable night for me and the ladies. Definitely a must for anyone with an open mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date spotcm0013aVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went for a weeknight date just because and it was great. Quiet, very good food, and great service. I really enjoyed my mushroom and goat cheese crepe and my boyfriend says their steak frites is better than le Diplomate's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La BoumBrunchinBDined on 7/20/2014This place has the most fun brunch EVER! Food is average and don't expect to get full. Random charges for God knows what but by the end of your brunch experience you will be too drunk and too elated to care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceRussianDined on 7/19/2014Had a diner there with my wife. Enjoyed Belgian beer. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunchmcka2Dined on 7/19/2014La Boum brunch was an amazing experience - great food, champagne was flowing and service was great. A real DC must-do!Special Features:
- L'Enfant Has Grown Up NicelyJustDessertsVIPDined on 7/18/2014Just moved to the neighborhood and was quite pleasantly surprised with both food and service at L'Enfant. Waiter was very pleasant, efficient, attentive & informative in answering questions about the menu. Partner had the sole, which was fresh, cooked slightly crispy in a buttery sauce that was delicious. I had Pork Tenderloin, which was juicy and redolent of baked apples (noted on menu), which did not overwhelm. And all at very nice price. Will definitely return often.Special Features:
- Bastille Day La Boum DinnerSarasaltDined on 7/14/2014L'Enfant Café had a special dinner version of their famed La Boum brunch on Monday, 7/14. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was solid, and a great time was had by all. At least 3 hours spent dancing on chairs to sing-a-long hits, amazing baked brie, champagne and wine... the perfect party! I noted the reviews of others who said their champagne was extremely expensive, so we stuck to wine (other than the champagne our friend won by participating in a contest or two...). The dinner (6 people) + 2 bottles of wine + tax and 20% gratuity came to about $60 a person. So be prepared to spend a bit, but it's well worth it for the unique dining experience! We're definitely sold on doing the La Boum brunch!Special Features:
- Great authentic French find in AMOJmarmolinaVIPDined on 7/5/2014The location the price and the food were great. The medium rare steak frites came out medium well but the duck confit was exceptional. Our server was really nice, quick to fill up drinks and the food came out at a reasonable pace (the menu mentions the restaurant is meant to be enjoyed, so don't ask how long your food will take) but he definitely had a cloud of cigarette smoke hovering around him. We could tell this was a neighborhood hangout, since it seemed almost everyone at the tables outside knew each other. Would definitely go back, I've heard they have an amazing brunch.Special Features:
- Fun Party...KRoseDined on 6/14/2014...If you're drunk. Our fatal mistake was thinking there was a bottomless mimosa option. There isn't, and drinks there are way overpriced. But the liquor store across the street is not.Special Features:
- La Boum Boum RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/7/2014L'Enfant Café is always a good time! Went to La Boum Boum Room to celebrate my husband's birthday. Good drinks, music and entertainment. It's a bit more risqué than brunch so don't bring your conservative friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La BoumTippyToesDined on 6/1/2014Le Boum Brunch was everything it's cracked up to be. Bravo, L'Enfant Cafe! Once we have sufficiently recovered from this one we can't wait to return with a larger group. Note to first-timers: this is a raucous and debaucherous brunch party - probably not the spot for your mother's/father's/aunt's/uncle's/grandparent's birthday brunch... unless your mother/father/aunt/uncle/grandparent is raucous and debaucherous, in which case anyone who brings their dancing pants is welcome.Special Features:
- Best ambiance in the cityStatefishDined on 5/31/2014Title is self-explanatory - this place is charming, from the red brick, hardwood and candles to the fun and down-to-earth staff... Love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TPC10Dined on 5/18/2014L'efant Cafe is always a great time! I've been to La'Boum three times and celebrated my last brunch in DC before I move out of the area. The staff and hosts never let me down and do an awesome job creating a fun experience for all involved. The downside is the limited amount of space for guests, but they did their best to accommodate me even offering two extra tables. Overall, it was a excellent experience that I feel everyone should have if you do brunch in Washington, DC. Major shout out to Mary for always being helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLOWN AWAY By La Boum Boum Room!southbeachjackVIPDined on 5/17/2014I recently went to L'Enfant's newest weekly Saturday night event, "La Boum Boum Room," a spin-off of the their uber popular La Boum Brunch. They promised to reinvent DC nightlife just as they reinvented going to brunch. Man, did they deliver!!!! My friends and I had a blast! It was like being in PeeWee's playhouse or something...the night starts at 11pm and they take you on a magic carpet ride until closing... Well Done, bravo, L'Enfant.. You've done it again! It fills up weekly. I'd recommend making a reservation if you are going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Brunch was delicious, service was great, and the atmosphere was fun fun fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the L'Enfant Cafe & Bar reviews archive.
- Laboum brunchBrunchmavenDined on 4/19/2014This is one of the most fun things I have experienced in DC.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/18/2014Was visiting from Chicago and found this gem on yelp. Pictures and description didn't do it justice. Every bit of the French bistrot experience. Positive: food was great, excellent assortment. Cocktails were tasty. Atmosphere is fantastic. Negative: it would have been great if our waiter spoke French but that is wishful thinking :) Overall: you can't go wrong with this choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Boum!AmandaDined on 4/12/2014I celebrated my 30th birthday here with two friends and it was a PARTY!! I would do it again in a heartbeat. Just make sure you make reservation 3-4 weeks ahead of time! Oh yeah, and the food was pretty amazing too as was the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Boum rocks!restaurantreviewer4VIPDined on 4/12/2014This is my 4th La Boum (I just love it!) and I brought 3 newbies and they all had a wonderful time! Everyone who puts la Boum on (from the owner to all the waitstaff to the DJ) just makes it an amazing special time. I can't get enough! Thank you for making it THE best party brunch in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible, As AlwaysgeneDined on 4/6/2014I celebrated my birthday at La Boum brunch at L'Enfant Cafe this past weekend. It was fabulous--the food, the staff, the music, etc. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It would have been 4 stars, but...UStLocalDined on 3/31/2014the service was extremely slow. We waited about 45 minutes for our food to come out. I went with a few friends for dinner on a Monday night. It was not too busy - perhaps one-half to two-thirds full. Two of my friends ordered crepes, which should have taken all but 10 minutes (not even); another friend ordered a burger (again nothing too difficult to make). The server was nice though, but did not apologise that the food took so long. I ordered the etouffee, which I do recommend. Overall experience was good and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little French cafewoodyDined on 3/28/2014Cozy intimate atmosphere for dinner. A little loud but very romantic. The staff is great, they make you feel like a regular even if it's your first time. The crepes are a perfect way to have a light meal. The duck confit is, in my opinion, their signature dish I've had it for brunch with potatoes, I've had it for dinner and I've had it as a crepe. They so wonderful things with duck. Dessert crepes are also a nice way to have something sweet without having to get a brick of cheescake or a pound of pie.Special Features:
- Perfect Party Brunch SpotNatalieinDCVIPDined on 3/23/2014We had friends in town and were looking for a party brunch spot. La Boum was exactly what we were looking for. It's a small french cafe that happily accommodates large groups. A DJ plays music, and after you're done eating, the owner comes out on a microphone and goes over a few "ground rules" which include, no standing on tables but standing on your chair is expected. The lights are dimmed, disco balls glow, the shades are drawn on the door and windows, and you're pretty much locked inside for a party until 5pm. Service was great and the food was surprisingly good considering you're really going for the party.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Staff!MagotakeDined on 3/22/2014This meal made my entire month, seriously! I am a little snobby when it comes to French dining in the District and this place clearly impressed. The food was great, the service was even better. It is a fun atmosphere where the people really care about the items they prepare. Loved the bar menu, too. I paid using a Living Social voucher, but will certainly be back here soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Boum brunchpdogDined on 3/22/2014We went for a bacheloretter party and had a blast!! The food was ok, the steak looked good, the eggs benedict was reported as good, but my hamburger sucked. The party was fun, good DJ, great ambience, everyone dancing and drinking and singing along. I would go back to the day party brunch again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total Gem!SweetPDined on 3/21/2014I would have never ventured into L'Enfant Cafe & Bar if it were not for the Living Social deal I purchased; and that's because I never really get an opportunity to venture out to U Street. However, I am certainly glad I took a chance and decided to purchase the deal to check the place out. If you haven't yet tried L'Enfant Cafe & Bar I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Tasty Fries and CrepesAefriedmDined on 3/16/2014It is definitely a romantic restaurant with mood lightingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaBoom=1 Diners=0LaBoom1Diners0Dined on 3/16/2014As a three year DC resident...Hands down, best DC experience to date. La Boum absolutely dominated us and if we could handle it, we would love to go back for more. We ordered our food on time, but half of our tables food did not come out before the room got weird. The other diners were raving about the food, so I wish I had the opportunity to try more than my first course. We had a table of 7--mix of male and female. Entertainment and MC were incredibly entertaining and thoroughly enjoyed by our entire group. Needless to say, La Boum walked out on top for a Sunday afternoon brunch. Overall, excellent experience---Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014Great atmosphere. Great Host and servers. Nice wine list. Food was good but we were expecting tastier food than what was served.Special Features:
- La Boum! :)allynicoleVIPDined on 3/9/2014Booked La Boum about a month in a half in advance and have to say, it's a MUST on the DC checklist. Vibrant, definitely not for the faint of heart, but an amazing party brunch. Food was also very tasty considering that it's not the focus for most of the brunch-goers here.Special Features:
- Good dinner spot, bar scene at nighgivlcaeDined on 3/8/2014Food was great, prices aren't the cheapest but it's overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.