1114 Grandview Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15211Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemontpittsburgh.com/
- Phone: 4124313100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Vargo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fine Dining
- Private Party Facilities: All of our private dining rooms feature a bar and a view of the city of Pittsburgh
- Private Party Contact: Bill Laughlin 4124313100x211
- Entertainment: Piano, easy-listening
A word from LeMont Restaurant
LeMont Restaurant is synonymous with elegance, style and exquisite surroundings. Since 1960, we have had a glorious tradition of grandeur and fine dining. Our elegant bar is perfect for a drink with friends or a light fare. LeMont Restaurant on Grandview Avenue on Mt. Washington is a Pittsburgh tradition. LeMont is known for its exquisite cuisine, impeccable service, romantic atmosphere and view of the city. LeMont is known for tableside cookingContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
LeMont Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington ›
LeMont Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)special occasion (69)romantic (59)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Try the pumpkin bisque...BK2PITTDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful views of downtown Pittsburgh from this location. Had the pumpkin bisque, seasonal appetizer, it was very tasty and dishes presented in a hollowed out pumpkin, very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and romanticGeorgeDined on 10/18/2014Memories of great dining experiences at LeMont go back many, many years to the 1970's even before 1997 when were engaged and a few months later married there. LeMont has always been a special place. The view is unmatched and the staff is first class. Our favorite is the Caesar salad which is the best we have had anywhere and we travel extensively. We are also very fond of the Chateaubriand or the Steak Diane although at our most recent dining experience there we ordered salmon and grouper dishes respectively which were both very good. Thanks to Michael, our waiter, whose friendly attention did much to make it yet another memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014A great place to celebrate an anniversary and make some wonderful memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Evening2toDineDined on 10/10/2014The interior and the view are spectacular! The valet service made parking a breeze at a most reasonable price. Our waitstaff were attentive, knowledgeable, and very concerned that we were enjoying our evening. Our appetizers (pumpkin ravioli and calamari) were delicious and special, as was our dessert- crepes Suzette's- prepared with skill at table side. Entrees were tasty and beautifully presented. We were celebrating an occasion and happy we did it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant NightcolhoopDined on 10/5/2014I wanted to do something very special for my lovely girlfriend Sunday night and a friend of mine recommended LeMont for our night out. We drove an hour and ten minutes to get there and I was blown away by the decor on our way in. Also the service was very splendid and the food very good. Overall, we were both left with a night to remember and a view of Pittsburgh's skyline we will never forget.Special Features:
- Out of town dinner2foodiesDined on 9/27/2014This was my second time at Le Mont, and I just love this restaurant. Two years ago we stumbled in to this place during the afternoon and asked to place a reservation for 9 and to have a window table. They accommodated with such attention. I knew we were visiting again and jumped on Open table to make a reservation as I did not want to miss another great meal. They once again preformed with fling stars. The view is stunning as well as the decorations. The food is exquisite, presentation is perfect. Oh and be sure to leave room for dessert.Special Features:
- Awesome Place for Special OccasionBUCTOBERDined on 9/21/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday and really made the night special.Special Features:
- Great food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was amazing. Awesome view of Pittsburgh. Great place to take a wife or girlfriend etc for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!SpeakthetruthDined on 9/16/2014Food was great, service was great, and view was amazing. This establishment made for a wonderful evening out with the wife for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sitting down tour of Pittsburgh!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014The view can not be surpassed and I thought I would be giving up a food star for the view but I did not at all. The choices were wonderful. They scallops were cooked to perfection. The wine list was lovely. The service was wonderful. The only dissapointment was the latte. Skip this... No foam. Everything else was fabulous. I would absolutely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Classy PlaceMaverickDined on 9/13/2014The beautiful decor and crystal chandeliers bring you back to the classy restaurants when times were great. The food, ambiance, and view are all outstanding. A Favorite of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pittsburgh StaplepittsburghfanDined on 9/13/2014The LeMont has been around for years. The food is good with scenic views of the city. The dining area could use an update, but considering how long the LeMont has been around, they must be doing something right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok foodJimADined on 9/11/2014I grew up in Pittsburgh and remember the LeMont from the late 60's and 70's (as a place too expensive for my family to eat at.) We were in town for a day of tourism and took the Duguesne Incline up Mt Washington and walked a block to the LeMont, that's a nice way to visit. It was a quiet Thursday night (the Steelers were playing Baltimore and it was a little overcast.) Service was very good - friendly, prompt and attentive. They had a reasonable wine list, and some nice choices by the glass. I had a special of filet mignon tournadoes and it was well prepared. My spouse had a pork chop special but didn't care for it for lack of any particular flavor. Without the view wouldn't be good value, but its a fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a special night!MoebiusDined on 9/7/2014Our server was so very nice and prepared Steak Diane table side. It was superb! Attention to detail was great. He helped us celebrate our Wedding Anniversary in style! Brought cake slice (delicious chocolate with mousse) with a candle in it. Perfect night. Our car was waiting for us outside at valet before we had to call for it. 💙Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every pennyHeatherDined on 9/6/2014LeMont is a Pittsburgh treasure - outstanding food, service and a view that takes your breath away! It is my favorite place to take folks visiting from out of town, and one of the best ways to experience what makes this city so special. The chateaubriand is incredible, and I love the bananas foster prepared at your table. The servers are gracious, professional, and really know how to make your evening out an unforgettable experience. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienced; then FORCED OUT4orcedoutVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great dining experience with an incredible view of the Pittsburgh area. Unfortunately it was ruined in the last 10-minutes of our dining experience. We had an amazing and expensive dinner, plus even had time to discuss a little business as we looked out the scenic windows, but apparently our "window table" was needed!! We were basically told "your table is needed for another party and you have to leave"!! Unreal..! So if you go on Saturday and eat early -- remember to EAT FAST!! BTW - When we were exiting the front door, there was no one waiting in the lobby!!Special Features:
- Memorable dining with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014For a group of friends visiting from out of state, LeMont was a very unique place for dinner. The food was outstanding, the wine was superb, the music was fantastic, and the entire atmosphere with the beautiful view and lovely music was a perfect place to get together and have enjoyable conversations with good friends. The atmosphere was very friendly and helpful for the most part. The table service could have been slightly more attentive in our opinion. The six of us really loved the experience overall and definitely would try to come back if we were visiting Pittsburgh again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!! A ClassicxoxoAutumnxoxoDined on 9/4/2014LeMont is absolutely gorgeous. Excellent food and service. The view is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerContentDinerDined on 8/31/2014We went to the LeMont for our daughter's 30th Birthday. We had a lovely time. Our server, Brandon, was very attentive and made our experience great. The noise was a little high at times since we were near the bar ,and a few of the people at the bar, were a little loud. We definitely would recommend and go back, since this was just a few moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to LeMontdavidDined on 8/30/2014We had a remarkable 44th wedding anniversary at LeMont. Located at the top of the Duquesne Incline. The entire ride up and view of Pittsburgh on a clear summer evening was wonderful. Great service and personal attention from Guy and Scott. Live music appropriate to the experience and of course the opulent decor. Excellent steaks and table side Caesar salads. They called for a car service after dinner that inexpensively returned us to our downtown hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitJEDDDined on 8/30/2014Everything was great with the exception of having an 8:30 reservation and being told to go to the bar to wait. There were several others waiting there ahead of us. We sat there until 9:10 until we were finally seated. Our server, Marco, was awesome and everything was amazing once we actually got to our table.Special Features:
- Great night viewCroz1Dined on 8/24/2014Evening dining is really great with the view of pittsburgh downtown. Service is really great but for my table it was little slow.... Staffs and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Le Mont!MichaelDined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit @ the Le Mont. I had a reservation for 830 and we didn't get seated till approx 9 which was fine because they gave me a window seat as I requested. The restaurant is very classy with good energy. The views of the city are outstanding. A great wine list and the food was excellent. They had live music that night which was great and our waiter was happy to take multiple photos of us. Overall a great dining experience with excellent food and service. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- It's all about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but not quite good enough to justify the high-end pricing. The decor and service were suitable for a high-end restaurant, but both are rather faded and care-worn. It brings to mind something that's been trapped in time and slowly decaying. In the end, it's all about the view from the huge windows that overlook the city. If you want to celebrate a special occasion, you could do worse, but gourmands should look elsewhere.Special Features:
- FantasticRickDined on 8/21/2014An elegant restaurant with superb food with a killer view of Pittsburgh. The service was impeccable with professional waiters that took care of all our needs. I have dined all over the US and Europe and this restaurant moved right into my top ten favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The entire experience was outstanding. Service, food, and ambience/view were outstanding. A bit pricey, maybe, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le MontPittJ31Dined on 8/16/2014View was outstanding. Service was very good. The food was subpar though compared to other restaurants in the same class. I wouldn't go back.
- Wonderful food and serviceBiltmoreGirlDined on 8/15/2014From the sincerely friendly greeting from valet to the chat on the way out with Lois, our experience at Le Mont was wonderful. The restaurant is decadently decorated with beautiful chandeliers. The view from high on Grandview Avenue and overlooking downtown Pittsburgh is spectacular. The French onion soup and table side-made Caesar salad were delicious. My husband had Romano chicken and said he thought it was the most tender chicken he's had. I chose the filet and was surprised at what a large cut arrived. It was fantastic! We didn't have room for dessert, but the dessert cart and the flaming table side desserts being made were fun to watch.Special Features:
- Jimmy DJim53VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wow, had not been to LaMont in a few years and was really happy we took some out of town friends to see the view , but the rest of the experince was great.Special Features:
- WOW!SouthernboyDined on 8/10/2014I a word...WOW! The food and the service was outstanding...and the view of Pittsburgh was amazing. If you ever wanted to impress someone, take them to the LeMont. A little pricey but, in this case, you REALLY get what you pay for. We finished the evening with cherries jubilee prepared at the table. Literally the cherry on top of a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Le MontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We had out wedding here and came back for our first anniversary. It was absolutely fantastic. The filet mignon was perfectly cooked and everything else we had to eat was fabulous. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellent eveningFireworksNightDined on 8/9/2014We had an excellent evening at the LeMont. TY to our Matre'di for the window seat. Our waiter was nice and did a good job. Megan, our bread & water person also did a very nice job. It was an excellent evening. We are former Pittsburgher's that visit the LeMont 2-3 times per year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICCarolDined on 8/8/2014We had guests in from out of town, and decided to out at the last minute. Got reservations, even a table near the window. The food and service was great. There was a singer to entertain us. And who knew?? FIREWORKS.Special Features:
- BrooklynbornDined on 8/5/2014LeMont offers a beautiful view for a beautiful evening with wonderful food. The service made us feel special and tableside preparation was fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerPittFoodyDined on 8/2/2014I booked this table far in advance for my engagement dinner. I also called the restaurant three times in advance to make sure they knew it was our engagement dinner and that we would like a table near the window. We were a little shocked when we showed up, they had no idea it was our engagement dinner and we were not given a table near the window. In fact, our table was in the middle of a crowded aisle. I spoke to the Maitre de about the table and he told me a table would not open up near the window for an hour and half. Of course, five minutes after we sat down two tables near the window opened up. This is the reason why I rated the LeMont so poorly. Otherwise, the food was great and our servers were excellent.Special Features:
- great viewbigdogDined on 7/30/2014We went to LeMont for our anniversary, and it was very nice. The view was spectacular! The wine was okay, if they had a wine list, we weren't offered it. The French onion soup was delicious, the salad was nothing special, and the entrée was good. We eat out a lot and prefer "comfortable fancy"to "stuffy fancy". But it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement proposal101015funDined on 7/26/2014I proposed to my girlfriend at this restaurant on 7/26/2014! They were very accommodating and helpful from the very first moment I told them what I was going to do! Everything was amazing,from the food to the wine and the atmosphere! They even took photos for me as I was proposing! Awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningJunkmanDined on 7/25/2014I wanted to take some old friends out to somewhere special for the evening and the Lemaont turned out to be the perfect choice. Our table was waiting when we got there. The view was outstanding. The wait staff made immediate connections with us and helped to make the evening go smoothly. The live music was just what we wanted and was not too intrusive. I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- View great, food, not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I had a rather thick and pretty tasteless veal scallopini while my husband had some pretty chewy duck. The crabmeat Hoezel had huge pieces of crab, but putting the sauce on the side diminished the flavor.Special Features:
- JAZHDined on 7/18/2014Evening atmosphere was very nice and enjoyable. The service was exceptional and Beth was very friendly.Special Features: