1114 Grandview Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15211Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemontpittsburgh.com/
- Phone: 4124313100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Vargo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fine Dining
- Private Party Facilities: All of our private dining rooms feature a bar and a view of the city of Pittsburgh
- Private Party Contact: Bill Laughlin 4124313100x211
- Entertainment: Piano, easy-listening
A word from LeMont Restaurant
LeMont Restaurant is synonymous with elegance, style and exquisite surroundings. Since 1960, we have had a glorious tradition of grandeur and fine dining. Our elegant bar is perfect for a drink with friends or a light fare. LeMont Restaurant on Grandview Avenue on Mt. Washington is a Pittsburgh tradition. LeMont is known for its exquisite cuisine, impeccable service, romantic atmosphere and view of the city. LeMont is known for tableside cookingContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
LeMont Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington ›
LeMont Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)special occasion (58)romantic (54)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerContentDinerDined on 8/31/2014We went to the LeMont for our daughter's 30th Birthday. We had a lovely time. Our server, Brandon, was very attentive and made our experience great. The noise was a little high at times since we were near the bar ,and a few of the people at the bar, were a little loud. We definitely would recommend and go back, since this was just a few moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to LeMontOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a remarkable 44th wedding anniversary at LeMont. Located at the top of the Duquesne Incline. The entire ride up and view of Pittsburgh on a clear summer evening was wonderful. Great service and personal attention from Guy and Scott. Live music appropriate to the experience and of course the opulent decor. Excellent steaks and table side Caesar salads. They called for a car service after dinner that inexpensively returned us to our downtown hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great with the exception of having an 8:30 reservation and being told to go to the bar to wait. There were several others waiting there ahead of us. We sat there until 9:10 until we were finally seated. Our server, Marco, was awesome and everything was amazing once we actually got to our table.Special Features:
- Great night viewCroz1Dined on 8/24/2014Evening dining is really great with the view of pittsburgh downtown. Service is really great but for my table it was little slow.... Staffs and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Le Mont!MichaelDined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit @ the Le Mont. I had a reservation for 830 and we didn't get seated till approx 9 which was fine because they gave me a window seat as I requested. The restaurant is very classy with good energy. The views of the city are outstanding. A great wine list and the food was excellent. They had live music that night which was great and our waiter was happy to take multiple photos of us. Overall a great dining experience with excellent food and service. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- It's all about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was good, but not quite good enough to justify the high-end pricing. The decor and service were suitable for a high-end restaurant, but both are rather faded and care-worn. It brings to mind something that's been trapped in time and slowly decaying. In the end, it's all about the view from the huge windows that overlook the city. If you want to celebrate a special occasion, you could do worse, but gourmands should look elsewhere.Special Features:
- FantasticRickDined on 8/21/2014An elegant restaurant with superb food with a killer view of Pittsburgh. The service was impeccable with professional waiters that took care of all our needs. I have dined all over the US and Europe and this restaurant moved right into my top ten favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The entire experience was outstanding. Service, food, and ambience/view were outstanding. A bit pricey, maybe, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le MontPittJ31Dined on 8/16/2014View was outstanding. Service was very good. The food was subpar though compared to other restaurants in the same class. I wouldn't go back.
- Wonderful food and serviceBiltmoreGirlDined on 8/15/2014From the sincerely friendly greeting from valet to the chat on the way out with Lois, our experience at Le Mont was wonderful. The restaurant is decadently decorated with beautiful chandeliers. The view from high on Grandview Avenue and overlooking downtown Pittsburgh is spectacular. The French onion soup and table side-made Caesar salad were delicious. My husband had Romano chicken and said he thought it was the most tender chicken he's had. I chose the filet and was surprised at what a large cut arrived. It was fantastic! We didn't have room for dessert, but the dessert cart and the flaming table side desserts being made were fun to watch.Special Features:
- Jimmy DJim53VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wow, had not been to LaMont in a few years and was really happy we took some out of town friends to see the view , but the rest of the experince was great.Special Features:
- WOW!SouthernboyDined on 8/10/2014I a word...WOW! The food and the service was outstanding...and the view of Pittsburgh was amazing. If you ever wanted to impress someone, take them to the LeMont. A little pricey but, in this case, you REALLY get what you pay for. We finished the evening with cherries jubilee prepared at the table. Literally the cherry on top of a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Le MontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We had out wedding here and came back for our first anniversary. It was absolutely fantastic. The filet mignon was perfectly cooked and everything else we had to eat was fabulous. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellent eveningFireworksNightDined on 8/9/2014We had an excellent evening at the LeMont. TY to our Matre'di for the window seat. Our waiter was nice and did a good job. Megan, our bread & water person also did a very nice job. It was an excellent evening. We are former Pittsburgher's that visit the LeMont 2-3 times per year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICCarolDined on 8/8/2014We had guests in from out of town, and decided to out at the last minute. Got reservations, even a table near the window. The food and service was great. There was a singer to entertain us. And who knew?? FIREWORKS.Special Features:
- BrooklynbornDined on 8/5/2014LeMont offers a beautiful view for a beautiful evening with wonderful food. The service made us feel special and tableside preparation was fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement DinnerPittFoodyDined on 8/2/2014I booked this table far in advance for my engagement dinner. I also called the restaurant three times in advance to make sure they knew it was our engagement dinner and that we would like a table near the window. We were a little shocked when we showed up, they had no idea it was our engagement dinner and we were not given a table near the window. In fact, our table was in the middle of a crowded aisle. I spoke to the Maitre de about the table and he told me a table would not open up near the window for an hour and half. Of course, five minutes after we sat down two tables near the window opened up. This is the reason why I rated the LeMont so poorly. Otherwise, the food was great and our servers were excellent.Special Features:
- great viewbigdogDined on 7/30/2014We went to LeMont for our anniversary, and it was very nice. The view was spectacular! The wine was okay, if they had a wine list, we weren't offered it. The French onion soup was delicious, the salad was nothing special, and the entrée was good. We eat out a lot and prefer "comfortable fancy"to "stuffy fancy". But it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement proposal101015funDined on 7/26/2014I proposed to my girlfriend at this restaurant on 7/26/2014! They were very accommodating and helpful from the very first moment I told them what I was going to do! Everything was amazing,from the food to the wine and the atmosphere! They even took photos for me as I was proposing! Awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I wanted to take some old friends out to somewhere special for the evening and the Lemaont turned out to be the perfect choice. Our table was waiting when we got there. The view was outstanding. The wait staff made immediate connections with us and helped to make the evening go smoothly. The live music was just what we wanted and was not too intrusive. I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- View great, food, not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I had a rather thick and pretty tasteless veal scallopini while my husband had some pretty chewy duck. The crabmeat Hoezel had huge pieces of crab, but putting the sauce on the side diminished the flavor.Special Features:
- JAZHDined on 7/18/2014Evening atmosphere was very nice and enjoyable. The service was exceptional and Beth was very friendly.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerYummoDined on 7/12/2014Amazing service, they made sure we had a table by the window since it was our anniversary. Food was spectacular. I don't even like french onion soup and I ate half of my husbands' portion. Had the seasonal strawberry, watermelon, and feta salad which was amazing. Neptune's delight for dinner was awesome other than the dry mashed potatoes (didn't have room for them anyways.) Pricey, but worth it. Will go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great dinnerproxienovaDined on 7/2/2014The evening was timed perfectly. Several minutes after finishing salad/soup, our dinners arrived steaming hot. My scallops and his steak were delicious-- not to mention the complementary chocolate cake for dessert (we were celebrating our 1-year anniversary). Plus, the view is spectacular! Definitely a great place for a romantic dinner!Special Features:
- Top end dining in PittsburghJennerDined on 7/1/2014This is truly a special place. A restaurant of this high level of class is rare. We hoped for top end dining, and it was wonderful to find our expectations were not only met but exceeded. The decor was elegant, the view magnificent and the staff comfortably welcoming, professional and attentive. I could not fault the cocktails (which is saying something). The meals were refreshingly innovative and of the highest quality. I was impressed with my chilled three melon soup. My wife said her chicken with raspberry sauce was delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend LeMont for that special dining experience when you want a cut above the mundane.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewPittsburgh1Dined on 6/28/2014This was my first dining experience here. I thought it was beautiful and the food was delicious. I can't wait to go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pay for the view.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was unremarkable. I presume the hefty price is attributed to the fantastic view (the only high marks I give....that and the valet service was good). The waitress was unfamiliar with the menu and wines. Overall perhaps just average. I'll not go back. I can see the great view of the city from any of the overlooks on mt Washington.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014We went to the LeMont for our 5 year anniversary. The food was amazing and our waiter was very attentive and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised by how large the portion sizes were. We actually found it to be a good value for the quality/quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSanantoniofoodieVIPDined on 6/19/2014We picked this restaurant based on other reviews and were not disappointed. We requested and received a table by the window and had an amazing view of downtown Pittsburgh as sun was setting. Our waiter Tom was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We shared a shrimp cocktail, table side Caesar salad and the filet. All were incredible and perfectly done. Ambience is also wonderful with vintage crystal chandeliers throughout. Next time we visit Pittsburgh this place is at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be improved.DinewellDined on 6/19/2014For a restaurant in this price range the food was less than mediocre. The butter was cold, the roles were stale, excessive amount of balsamic vinegar on the salad, the salmon was overdone and dry. The mixed grill was also too well done and lacked adequate seasoning. The deserts were good but the martinis lacked alcohol. The service was very good. Everything excellent but the food.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience at Le MontHeatherDined on 6/14/2014I took my mom here recently when she was visiting PGH from Boston, and we had a terrific experience. The food was excellent, the service was extremely friendly and gracious without making us feel rushed. They gave us a wonderful table by the window, so she could enjoy the spectacular view from Mt Washington. She was so impressed with the experience that she is insisting we go back with my father when he visits in September. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemont, not so great.columbiadocDined on 6/8/2014I was in Pittsburgh for one night and found this restaurant on line. It sits atop Mt. Washington and has a spectacular view of Pittsburgh. It was Sunday and I was given a table with a view. The interior decor of the restaurant is very formal and fancy; service was good. I had a crab salad as an appetizer, which had a good portion of crab. The tarragon vinaigrette that accompanied it was bland. At the suggestion of the waiter, I had a veal dish with artichokes, carrots, and hearts of palm as an entree. The veal was soggy,the portion of it was small and there was too much sauce on the vegetables, which were also soggy. On the whole a pricey and disappointing meal. Maybe the chef was off for the day.Special Features:
- LeMont on Mt, Washington in Pgh. PaRovingELKDined on 6/3/2014We were seated promptly. The waiter and staff were all very attentive. The menu choices were wide ranging and what we chose was outstanding. We were celebrating a special occasion and when the staff found this out they made it a very special occasion for us. We highly recommend LeMont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view. A beautiful restaurantAnniversaryDined on 5/31/2014Waiter Mike took care of us.Mike was one of the best Waiters we Tweever had: My wife and I have been all over the Caribbean and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Johnny BlueberryMainemanDined on 5/24/2014The atmosphere is really fantastic and the city views are incredible. The wait staff was friendly and courteous. Unfortunately our food was really disappointing. I ordered the prime rib and lobster special. Lobster was over cooked and rubbery. The prime rib was really fatty and cold when I received it. My wife's crab cakes were mostly filler and had a fishy smell. The worst thing about it was no one asked us how our meal was. They saw all the food we left and all they asked was if we needed a box. For $50 a plate. I expect way more. Sorry Le Mont. we won't be back.Special Features:
- Special & Savorymcf524Dined on 5/24/2014Went with my husband and our 7 year old for our anniversary. They were very accommodating. Great food, and that view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended!JaviDined on 5/23/2014If you like the massive amounts of okay-quality food served at chain restaurants, then LeMont is NOT for you. Our food and service were outstanding, and I did not mind paying more just for that. It was a memorable experience, and I would go back. Great for special occasions and making a good impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We have not been here for some time and went to celebrate a birthday. Unfortunately, we were reminded why we have not been there in a while. The food was mediocre at best, and the server was slow and more concerned about the tables around us than ours. At one point when my they brought out by husband's steak it was over cooked, and when we brought it to our server's attention he actually got a flashlight to try and show us that the tinting on the windows was making it look over cooked(it made no difference). They brought another steak that was cooked properly and the server continued to "not argue" with us that his original steak was cooked properly and we didn't know what we were talking about. I can assure you, this first rodeo.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ThespottDined on 5/16/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance. The view was to die for. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Fine DiningPiperich3Dined on 5/16/2014The food was well done and well presented. Our table ordered pasta, duck and lamb dishes, so a variety from the menu, all dishes were high quality. The waiter was attentive and prompt. He accommodated a special request for extra salt sticks for the bread basket. The view was amazing, looking over downtown Pittsburgh. My only nit to pick was that the busser was a bit gruff, almost surly, when clearing away. The waiter earned 5 stars but I took one off for Mr Gruff. Good food, a great view and worth the money. This is fine dining, be prepared to pay accordingly. We were appetizers, drinks, entree and dessert. Total bill for 4 was $75 per person.Special Features: