Lemongrass Thai Cuisine
2348 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Lemongrass Thai Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemongrasssf.com/
- Phone: 4153461818
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Toi Sawatdee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 50 guests. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Toi Sawatdee 4153461818
A word from Lemongrass Thai Cuisine
Lemongrass Thai Cuisine is the most popular Thai restaurant in the Russian Hill District. Since 1994, Toi Sawatdee has taken great pleasure in serving her original Thai curries, fresh seafood dishes, spicy noodle soups, and flavorful vegetarian fare. Always using the freshest ingredients and an exquisite combination of spices, Lemongrass Thai Cuisine is sure to satisfy any Thai craving.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lemongrass Thai Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awesome seafood and spices!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2012Whole fried trout w/ mango sauce, Crispy chicken, Sizzling snapper, Fried banana with honey and ice cream... all delicious!Special Features:
- Lemongrass Thai: Romantic spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012I made a reservation for my wife and I at 7pm thinking it was a good idea. You never know how busy a restraunt will be right? Having never been there it took a second to find. Parking is a nightmare in this area as there are NO parking garages nearby. When we got to the Lemongrass and went in, I was shocked. We were the only customers in the restaurant! We were greated cordially and seated against the wall in the middle of the resaurant. The decor was pretty standard for a Thai restaurant and a little dark inside due to the wood paneling. Perfect for a romantic meal with a loved one. We ordered an appetizer which was delicious and not too quick in coming out so we could menu surf. We both had a curry dish and they were fantastic.Special Features:
- Had to leave early from thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012Had to leave early from this reservaton. It was too loud to have a nice dinner. The noise level was not what I expected.Special Features:
- We've eaten at Lemon GrassOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/2/2012We've eaten at Lemon Grass before and found the food very good, but this time we thought the food was lackluster. Perhaps we ordered the wrong things, as looking at other tables we thought their food looked great. We thought the portions were small, though.
- Exceptional Thai food! ServicepufferfishVIPDined on 4/13/2012Exceptional Thai food! Service is excellent. Portions are large. The pumpkin curry and asparagus seafood dishes were wonderful.Special Features:
- good food, not great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012good food, not great service. still, it's in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- They're very busy on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012They're very busy on a Friday night, but service is speedy and efficient.Special Features:
- Surprisingly busy for a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2012Surprisingly busy for a Monday night. Food is always good - one of our favorites in the area, but I don't think they were prepared to handle the rush of people they got for dinner.
- Lemongrass is truly a neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011Lemongrass is truly a neighborhood gem! My husband and I wanted to have an early dinner (5:30pm), due to the fact that we were going to a nearby theater that would require standing in line for an hour, so we chose Lemongrass beacause it was in a convenient location. What a surprise to find such a quaint spot! We were seated at a window table that offered a great view of the comings and goings of the charming North Beach neighborhood. The food was wonderful, service was quick, ther servers were attentive,friendly, and had smiles on their faces...what a treat! When we visit San Francisco again...this is definately on our list of place to dine. 2 thumbs up on this one!!!Special Features:
- Lemongrass has wonderful food.CBranchVIPDined on 12/17/2011Lemongrass has wonderful food. The waiters are weird tho. They are not consistent and very dictatorial on what a table should order. I find it a bit rude. Go slower, discuss dishes with customers and understand what they want and explain clearly what they will be served. When the food does arrive it is wonderful and exciting to eat.Special Features:
- First time here so hesitateRadarVIPDined on 9/8/2011First time here so hesitate to give a bad review but dishes were hit and miss. First had appetizer sampler which was OK, then fish cakes, not so good, then a special prawn and pumpkin curry that was very good, then a meat dish that was just OK, then another prawn dish that was not even remembered and finally a fried banana dish with ice cream for desert that had a very ordinary vanilla ice cream. I have had other Thai food that was quite delicious so know what to expect. Service was good but a little surly.Special Features:
- The food is always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2011The food is always excellent and the service is also excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Thai RestaurantNeighborhoodPatronVIPDined on 6/26/2011I love coming here on Sunday nights for dependable, tasty Thai food. The service is great and many of the same severs have been there ever since I first started coming. A staple in my hood, for sure!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011The food here is not gourmet, nor does it push the envelope, but it is very good. Getting a table is relatively easy and it's a cute little spot, not oustanding by any means, but good. I wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner. But it's great for a quick bite in a fun neighborhood before you head out for the evening.Special Features:
- they brought the wrong appetizerlackattackDined on 6/18/2011they brought the wrong appetizer but quickly made the correction. the food was great and the service was even better. i will definitely come back.
- Warm, friendly neighborhoodMartinVIPDined on 5/3/2011Warm, friendly neighborhood place. Two reserved parking spots in front, though often taken. Food is good to very good, depending on dish ordered.Special Features:
- Really good Thai food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2011Really good Thai food and we eat the cuisine regularly but hadn't eaten here in a very long time - everything was very good.Special Features:
- Service was a little rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2011Service was a little rushed and cold (even though place was not full), but food was very good. Ordered green curry, an excellent calamari stirfry, and chicken on a cast-iron skillet (it could have been quite good, but the skillet was too hot and scorched the bottom layer). Street parking is a nightmare, but there are lots a few blocks away that charge $10 for the evening.
- Pleasant enough and quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/11/2011Pleasant enough and quite affordable but not distinguished in any way.
- It was a sunday night notOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2011It was a sunday night not too busy, decent service and food was pretty good. I enjoy the curries here. We ordered the green curry and Pad Keemow (spicy noodles with veg). I would have liked more noodles in the dish, but nonetheless was a decent meal.
- Great Thai food in a casualJochenDined on 9/3/2010Great Thai food in a casual atmosphere. No fuss ambience. Go there for the food not for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Wife and I drove up from RedwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010Wife and I drove up from Redwood City on our last day of a 2 week Ca. trip, just wanted a light dinner in a Thai restaurant somewhere in the city. The reviews of Lemongrass online made it seem like a good bet so the address went into the GPS and off we went. Found it without a problem, but the GPS had trouble finding us a parking spot. :-) Finally we returned to LG and my wife inquired about the "reserved" spots (2) in front of the restaurant. Turned out they are reserved for diners! So we get in right on time (7:45pm). Service is excellent, chicken on sticks/peanut sauce appetizer, then Chicken curry and Savory LG Chicken (hmm, too "chicken" to try anything else I guess). Everything was fantastic including service.Special Features:
- We had the several dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2010We had the several dishes and they were all very good. I'm a big fan of yellow curry chicken and it was pretty good :-)Special Features:
- Everytime we have gone toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2010Everytime we have gone to Lemongrass we have had a wonderful experience. We get a different dish each time and all are excellent. Our favorite dish is the Savory Lemongrass Chicken which they add a little more pepper spice upon request. This is a perfect meal. all of the staff is extremely friendly and courteous. This is a great place for a date or a group evening.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant place toLocalgirlDined on 6/21/2010It was a pleasant place to have dinner with my brothers and sister.
- This is a true neighborhoodHoltwestVIPDined on 6/16/2010This is a true neighborhood gem. Great food and even better service. Whatever else you order, don't miss the Crispy Rice Salad!Special Features:
- We arrived at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2010We arrived at this restaurant on a Friday night expecting it to be packed, to find it half full and nice and quiet. A three course meal plus a bottle of wine cost $74 (including a 15% tip). Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- this place was empty whenOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2010this place was empty when we arrived around 8:30, and has been empty in the past when i've dined here. This is a huge surprise because the food is soo good! The servers and hostess are all very friendly and helpful. I had the dish with beef, spinach, and peanut sauce, which wasn't too heavy. It was just right. I have also had the spicy beef salad which is outstanding.Special Features:
- Food was Excellent!!!! MyICPeddlerVIPDined on 5/23/2010Food was Excellent!!!! My entire family loved the foos and service was top notch. We got there late - just before closing and they treated us as if we were the first customer of the day. Prices were extremely reasonable.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2010The overall experience was excellent. From the moment we were seated we were provided with outstanding service. We asked for recommendations on what to eat and each item suggested was full of wonderful flavor. The Savory Lemongrass Chicken was served on a sizzling platter and we asked to add a little heat(spice) which was done expertly to provide the absolutely perfect balance of flavor and heat. This has now become our favorite Thai restaurant in the City.
- Large menu, the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2010Large menu, the food was very good, and the ambiance was nice - it fits well in such a cool neighborhood as Russian Hill. The service was awkward and abrupt... our server seemed new and flustered, even though the restaurant was not 1/3 full. But the food came out in proper order and every dish was executed beautifully. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- If you're looking for ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2010If you're looking for Thai in or around the Marina, this is a good spot. We went off-hours and were spolied by the owner, Toi ("No one does Tai like Toi," so exclaims the menu) and had a lovely time. It's quiet and elegant without being pretentious, a tough combo.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andPLG7VIPDined on 4/16/2010The food was delicious and interesting. Pad Thai is always my standard-setting dish in a thai restaurant, and their's was excellent.Special Features:
- Great place, reasonable price.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010Great place, reasonable price. Really enjoyed the soup dish and a beef dish I ordered.
- From your first step in theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/20/2010From your first step in the door to the mango sticky rice you will be planning your next trip back.Special Features:
- We did not appreciate havingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2009We did not appreciate having a confirmed reservation only to learn after we had arrived in town that they had wanted to make the reservation earlier, had turned up all the lights in the restaurant and rushed us through dinner.
- As visitors to San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2009As visitors to San Francisco we were looking for something relatively close to our hotel and came upon Lemongrass in a magazine. There are lots of restaurants near to it but Thai food is a favourite of mine and my husband so we thought we'd give it a go. The food was really good and there was lots of it. It was a Sunday night but the place was really busy with both sit-downs and take-aways. We weren't rushed either, despite this. The good thing, too, was that it didn't seem to be a tourist trap. Along that stretch of Polk Street there were loads of restaurants we could have chosen but we're glad we chose this one!Special Features:
- Good food, generous portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2009Good food, generous portions, very reasonable prices, good service Pleasant if tired decor, not-so-fresh smell especially towards the back of the restaurant Relatively easy street parking (for a Thursday lunch), but meter maids roam the area so be vigilant about feeding your meterSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2009Food was excellent, service was great and not intrusive. Noise level was low enough that our party of six could talk easily without raising our voices. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- We dine at Lemongrass a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/16/2009We dine at Lemongrass a few times each year because it's in our neighborhood. It is always consistently good, with delicious food and great service.Special Features: