Lemongrass Fusion Bistro
641 North High St.
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Lemongrass Fusion Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemongrassfusion.com/
- Phone: 6142241414
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday- Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Pete Vitt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist every Friday and Saturday from 6pm-10pm.
- Special Events: Please contact us for your special events from wedding receptions, corporate events, or social gatherings. We'd love to hear from you!
A word from Lemongrass Fusion Bistro
Upscale/casual dining. Serving Thai Fusion cuisine in a Euro-centric atmosphere. Voted Columbus' BEST Asian 2008 by AOL Cityguide. We also serve fresh Sushi and offer a Full Bar.Happy Hours are Monday-Saturday from 4:00-7:00pm and 9:00-Close, includes sushi, appetizers, $5 dollar wines/martinis and $3 domestic beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lemongrass Fusion Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (16)hot spot (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Awesomera52Dined on 9/20/2014Our dinner and service was excellent! Everyone in our group got a different kind of food (appetizer, entree,and/or sushi). Everything was really fresh and we got our food in a timely manner. We had a lovely time!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014This was our first trip to Lemongrass Fusion Bistro. Our server was very attentive and the food was delicious! We will definitely try it again!Special Features:
- GreatGREATDined on 9/13/2014First time experience...very good menu...we had sushi...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Party Mess Up!DineandWineLifestylesDined on 9/13/2014Unfortunately, OpenTable created the wrong date for my reservation, and I am still waiting for it to be corrected. I have emailed them, and they sent me a Survey to say how was my dining experience. My reservation was suppose to be for 5 on Saturday, September 27th, and they made it for September 13th. I later received an email asking why I was a no show. I have sent an email to inform them of their mistake, and I am still waiting for a corrected reservation. I have dined at Lemongrass Fusion before and it is great. When I am traveling to Columbus, I'll go there. DineandWineLifestylesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but...brightonwestDined on 9/13/2014Service is average (except host and hostess are extremely friendly and attentive), the restaurant is loud, and ambiance created by the paper covers on the white tablecloths and plastic chairs make the restaurant seem conflicted. Sushi was tasty and fish seemed fresh. Wish they would provide soy sauce dispensers instead of small ramekins of soy sauce. Thankfully my husband doesn't use soy sauce and I was able to use both of our portions (they were small) for my two rolls of sushi.
- Fav thai in columbus!GrassmacDined on 9/12/2014All entrees are delish! Cucumbr sake martini is th bomb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatgreatDined on 9/5/2014menu was diverse enough to accommodate everyone in the party == and food was great -- 1 warning -- I like spicy and level 4 (2-6 scale) was very spicy -- cannot imagine how hot 6 isSpecial Features:
- Anna's 60th BirthdayDLazDined on 8/16/2014Everything was excellent especially the Lemongrass Soup. Can't wait to go back. I also recommend the cucumber martini made of sake and cucumbers and the thai tea with milk. Delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic Fusionluv2dineDined on 8/1/2014We really enjoyed our time at Lemongrass Fusion Bistro. The restraunt was clean and the people were friendly. The space was very open and chic; you don't feel crammed in like many other downtown restaurants. Most importantly, we loved the food! There were definitely some creative and tastey twists (“fusion”) on classic sushi and other Asian dishes. It was also very reasonably priced. We would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Apps, drinks, and desserts were amazing. Dinners were just okay. I would go back just for the tuna tartar and chocolate x 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and comfortablealicatDined on 7/19/2014Our party of four enjoyed every item we ordered here - the food is well prepared and flavorful, the portions are good. There was nothing "knock your socks off" about the ambience, but it was really comfortable and open. The sound level had a lively quality but it was easy to carry on a conversation. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable, not overly intrusive but somehow we never had to look around for him either. I would definitely go back next time I'm in Columbus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service with a Large GroupBertDined on 7/12/2014We brought a table of 10 to Lemongrass on Saturday night around 9pm. There was plenty of room for the big group and the wait staff, kitchen and bar provided excellent service. Everyone was happy with their food. Lemongrass is a Short North gem.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeScucbusVIPDined on 7/11/2014Used to love this place, but went this weekend and the food quality has declined and the way they made their dishes have changed. I ordered the Pad Thai and it was ok, just not they way I remembered it. Not as flavorful. We used to be visitors and now live here. Talking to our new friends, it appears this is a common trend people are seeing at Lemongrass. I will say the service was excellent (but we were only a handful of tables on a Friday night).Special Features:
- Just blandSooshmcgooshDined on 6/29/2014Had the sushi, not great. Just blah. Other food might be good though.
- Excellent dinnerFencingmomDined on 6/28/2014We were seated on time at the window. Great people watching. My daughter and I enjoyed the Pad Thai and the Champagne duck. Both were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimefordinnerTimefordinnerDined on 6/25/2014the four of us enjoyed a wonderful evening at Lemongrass Fusion Bistro. They expected us and seated us immediately at a nice table, we were greeted by a very nice and professional waitperson, the menu had a variety of inspired offerings, and we had a grand birthday evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People watching and delishSheila0824VIPDined on 6/21/2014Beautiful afternoon in the short north. Delicious food, sushi and cooked Lots of options. Big table for our group. Attentive, kind, knowledgable service. Always pleased when we eat at lemongrass!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass 4 2Unique2Dined on 6/13/2014I was able to get a reservation at a mutually convenient time with only a day's notice. The food was outstanding and the presentation was nice as well. The service was also great, no complaints. The ambience was a little less than desirable. There were no tables or booths that were conducive to a romantic experience. The noise level was reasonable, no complaints. Parking is always a chore in the Short North area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and service, as always2fish4fishDined on 6/7/2014We have been to Lemongrass numerous times. We went this time as part of our celebration of our anniversary. The food and service was great, as always. The manager came by and wished us a happy anniversary, and they gave us a free dessert as an anniversary gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is so FreshEarnestDined on 6/6/2014We have never had anything off the menu we did not like. The food is always presented so appetizing and fresh. Our waitress was attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend the shrimp and scallops dish or the Pad Thai ...SO GOOD!!Special Features:
- The following 458 reviews are from the Lemongrass Fusion Bistro reviews archive.
- Phenomenal Birthday DinnerFleezyDined on 5/23/2014I took my fiance to Lemongrass for her Birthday dinner because she loves Thai food and a coworker of hers recommended it highly. It lived up to the recommendation! The crab rangoons were the best I have ever had, the Trio was a flavorful, italian style pasta, and the sushi was amazingly fresh. Our server had extensive knowledge of the menu and made great recommendations about the food and the city. He also hooked it up with a free dessert after we told him we were celebrating! All in all it was a great time and I recommend Lemongrass for anyone looking for a good meal in ColumbusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for graduation!Kenziepaige2010Dined on 5/17/2014My family enjoyed a nice evening out to celebrate my graduation! The food was spot on (coming from a foodie family). The place looked nice and was suitable for dressy or dress casual possibly even casual. My only complaint was that there were three large groups in the back total and the noise became a little too much at times. Some type of noise reducing wall panels could be added as a suggestion. Other than that the entire family loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation for 20OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014We had a great time at Lemongrass on May 9th, we had reservations for 20 and it met all of our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs trainingMaddogDined on 5/3/2014Our table was ready when we arrived, the staff was curious and friendly, the food was excellent, however the main course was brought to the table before the salad, I had to ask about the appetizer that was ordered and the waitress stated that she forgot about it and wanted to know if I still wanted it, and came back to the table a second time to ask if I still wanted the appetizer. This was early in the evening and they were not busy. May need more trainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and delicious!kbyumDined on 4/26/2014I've visited the restaurant several times and enjoyed each! The food is consistent and the service is great. We had a larger group and were seated and served quickly but never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ThaiemikwDined on 4/24/2014We ordered cocktails (which were good) and looked over the menu... I was really excited by the items listed. Most of them sounded fantastic! When the dishes came they looked fairly nice, but the taste just wasn't there. The tuna tar tar was mediocre and the sampler items were nothing special. The scalloped scallops were somewhat better. But the pad thai was really disappointing. I think they adjust the heat levels simply by adding red pepper flakes, and in the end that's all you can taste. Without them the dish would have very little flavor... my husband thought they were about the same as a chain noodle restaurant. The only highlight was our fantastic waitress!Special Features:
- Food is exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2014We always have individual items rather than entrees. You can explore the whole menu without leaving the appetizer page. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lemongrass !NicmajDined on 4/1/2014Had a wonderful evening dinner; everything was delicious! The lemongrass soup was just as great as I remembered and my tuna steak was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had three appetizers. TheJimGDined on 3/15/2014I had three appetizers. The chicken-peanut salad was very good, the salmon cake was terrible (it tasted like softened ground cardboard), and the spring rolls were poor. Not a great experience.
- Nice place to go with friendsPeggyDined on 3/14/2014Our friends love this place for the food. We had a great time but for us the food was nothing special. I'd go back because they were very accommodating in rearranging space when another couple showed up and for offering to personalize the entre to suit individual tastes. The plain cheesecake is amazing. Get the table by the window and people watch while you eat.Special Features:
- Wonderful and differentPhantomfanDined on 3/13/2014A Short North gem! Excellent food, signature drinks and great location. Good choice before a theater show downtown. Prices are reasonable and service is good. A short but respectable wine list. Food is delicious, prepared beautifully, and not too heavy. I especially love the spring rolls appetizer. Innovative fish dishes and delicious desserts! Always an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lemongrass. Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/6/2014Love Lemongrass. Always excellent especially now that I am eating whole food plant based. Lemongrass has a lot of wfpb options unlike many traditional restaurants.Special Features:
- Not badLaurieBDined on 2/15/2014We dined on February 15th, so the restaurant was understandably busy. We had to wait about 15 minutes past the time of our reservation. Our server was friendly and helpful. He offered several recommendations. I ordered 3 kinds of sushi (California roll, shrimp tempura, almond avocado roll). The only one with any flavor was the almond avocado roll. The other two were very bland. My husband ordered the pad thai with chicken. He thoroughly enjoyed his meal. The restaurant was extremely noisy. The flirtini I ordered was definitely the highlight of my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day pre concert dinnerSparkDined on 2/15/2014The location of this restaurant is a short walk to Nationwide Arena. They are one of the only places that have happy hour on sat eve, 3-7. We love sushi and theirs was excellent. If you are not a sushi fan there are plenty of other things to choose from on the main menu and happy hour menu. The presentation of the food was a nice surprise and the detail in flavor combinations was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ChrisDined on 2/14/2014Went to Lemongrass with my girlfriend for Valentine's Day and the experience could almost not have been any better. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was chill/romantic, but had enough energy to not bore you, and the waitress was very kind and timely. The only iffy part of the entire experience was that it was overcrowded, so the restaurant was slightly behind schedule. Our reservation was for 10:00 pm, and we could not be seated until about 10:25. I'm sure that was uncommon, seeing as how everyone was their for Valentine's Day, so I wouldn't hold that against the time management of the restaurant itself. Besides, the food and experience was well worth the wait. Eat at Lemongrass and I assure you you will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverbookedVday11Dined on 2/14/2014Booked twice as many tables as they had. Overcrowded to say The least.
- Good food terrible wait timeTylerDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a reservation for 8:15 and we waited for an hour and fifteen minutes until we were seated. We arrived at 8:00. The food was good and the waitress was good but the wait time was ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO Long to WaitBrunchDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for Valentine's Day, which I know is very busy, but the restaurant was one hour behind on reservations. When we were finally seated, the dining area had several empty tables. I would have rather been seated and wait then stand in a small waiting area with no where to move. The food came out fast but it wasn't overly hot. I had been there before and was very pleased so maybe it was just a bad night. It will probably be awhile before I return.Special Features:
- Nothing good about ittimlay17Dined on 2/14/2014Had a Valentines day reservation for 730, had to wait an hour and 15 minutes to sit down. the waitress we had knew absolutely nothing about the menu and couldnt tell us anything about it. service was good but she didnt know anything. saw people without reservations get seated before us. really an infuriating experience and i will never be back. the food was just okay for being almost $30 a plate. ive had better food from resturaunts like applebees.Special Features:
- Pretty good foodfooooVIPDined on 2/14/2014Interesting menu items, nice price points. Nothing super amazing tastinSpecial Features: