Lemongrass - Fort Lauderdale
3811 North Federal Hwy
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Lemongrass - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lemongrassasianbistro.com/
- Phone: 954-564-4422
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vietnamese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lemongrass - Fort Lauderdale
An eclectic combination of Thai food, Vietnamese with Japanese sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lemongrass - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Hidden GemJSayrahVIPDined on 9/23/2014LemonGrass fort lauderdale is a great find! The food is great, and the staff is very attentive. Perfect for a quiet night out; great ambience! Loved the $2 saki on Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingCindyDined on 8/10/2014The food was delicious and reasonably priced! The service was outstanding too! I would recommend the restaurant highly to everyone looking for a place to eat great Thai food!Special Features:
- Good Food But...Serenity1211VIPDined on 7/11/2014This place has wonderful food, but if you are looking for an intimate and quiet dining experience this is not it. The tables are way too close together so you end up feeling like you are dining with the strangers literally inches away from you in some cases.Special Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the Lemongrass - Fort Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Delicious!ladydonDined on 5/10/2014My four companions and I all thought that the food at Lemongrass was all delicious. We tried a wide variety of small plates, sushi and more. The Lobster Monster roll was amazing, as was the Papaya Salad. The kitchen was very generous with the protein component of each dish. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and our service was impeccable! We will definitely be returning at our first opportunity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divine thaik2kfoodDined on 4/11/2014a fantastic Thai restaurant where everything is so freshly prepared. Great menu and saketinis.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteFllchickVIPDined on 3/14/2014At all lemongrass restaurants you can expect great food and service. Whether it's the ft Lauderdale, boca or delray location lemongrass is always our go to for out of town guests. Thanks for doing what you do so well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experienceLoveasian2Dined on 3/9/2014Making our online reservation was nice and easy.when we arrived they had our reservation ready for us although at the time we arrived the place was practically empty.we then had a choice to choose which table to eat at.the food was good but not that vegetarian friendly although there was tofu but unfortunately is made out of soy.whenever we said thank you to the helpers delivering our food,,they wouldn't respond back by at least saying thank you or at least smiling The ambiance was great and food was tasty.Special Features:
- flavorfullLpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014We dined with friends, a last minute reservation. The conch/octopus salad and the tuna cups were stand outs. Not so impressed with the fried rice as the meats were dry and of little flavor. Seabass in white miso was luscious! Will be back to try other dishes and sushi rolls.Special Features:
- LemongrassLisaVIPDined on 2/16/2014Service is getting progressively worse and last Sunday it was downright terrible- waiters reaching in front of us, no refills, servers never checking if we needed anything so we had to hunt them down and the restaurant was not busy at all. It will be quite awhile before we return. My husband ended up having to tip the waiter very well or nothing (he chose well) only because the waiter asked if we needed change or never came back and we were tired of waiting for him to return. Lesson learned, always use CC or have small bills.
- Good mix of Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Good place. Big on small plates varying from sushi to dumplings. Great flavors.Special Features:
- Yum yum for all!ChristopherDined on 1/31/2014Twice within 2 weeks a group of us had eat some amazing food. A keeper...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatYummyVIPDined on 1/17/2014I love the food here and usually the service is great. This time the server rushed us and was very inattentive and did not listen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years eveChoz02Dined on 12/31/2013Went for New Years dinner. It was very busy yet, our food still came out hot and very good. I have been to this lemon grass before and have always had a great meal and great service. I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SonnySonnyVIPDined on 12/28/2013dined outside and itr was wonderful. The food is Very good Thai food. Friendly an attentive staff as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't tell anyone!GladysGDined on 12/27/2013This place is fantastic. It is small, so telling too many people will make it hard to get into on the coveted Friday and Saturday nights! Service is spot on, food presented and prepared with pride. Their house plum wine is excellent with the sushi rolls. The lobster won ton soup has 3 large won tons with plenty of lobster meat. I dine here at least every 2 weeks and have a great meal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I WentNjoyEetinDined on 12/20/2013Lemongrass Asian Bistro was an excellent experience. I took a girlfriend for her birthday and it was the perfect setting for food and friends catching up. The wait staff was very helpful to us first timers and had some great recommendations. The food was so good. I tried the curry puff for appetizer and it was so flavor-able. My lobster pad thai was from the specials list so do not know if it will be there often, but it was perfect and it had a sizeable portion of lobster. Go enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's with the wine?TrishDined on 11/22/2013Friday evening and you're running out of wine??? Except for the expensive ones? The food was from meh to awesome: Their ginger-orange-coconut??? salad dressing was to die for! While the tempura for the calamari was nice and crispy, it was flavorless: and the calamari were super fine cut and dried out. My husband's duck with ginger sauce was superb! My chicken sate was ok, the peanut dip however much too sweet for my taste. The papya salad was good, just had a bit too much iceberg lettuce added. Why iceberg in the first place? Romaine brings so much more to it! Or bibb lettuce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi is always fresh & delicious.fam4Dined on 11/10/2013Sushi is always fresh & delicious. Presentation is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale AsianPeytonDined on 9/14/2013We met another couple for dinner saturday night. The staff were clearly happy to see us and gave prompt attentive service throughout the evening, The spring roll appetizers and entrees were all excellent. The atmosphere is clean, cool and zen like. Our only disappointment was the desert. We had a hazelnut truffle which wasn't great. I got the feeling it came out of a frozen box pre-made. I could be wrong, but i'll pass on desert next time. Otherwise, everything was excellent and we'll give it another try.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2013Everyone in our party had sushi. The food was excellent. Our server was not obtrusive. He was available at a moments notice. He explained the menu and made recommendations. The prices were reasonable. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Small restaurant, great flavorsOlinecVIPDined on 6/28/2013Lemongrass is a small restaurant but it produces excellent dishes with layers of flavors. Calamari tempura had a light breading that was just heavenly, crispy on the outside, flavorful on the inside. Shrimp with Ginger Sauce and Shrimp Pad Thai were both complex dishes, loaded with shrimp and many flavors. Next time, I will skip the sashimi style roll, a no-rise roll with shrimp, tuna and salmon but the sauce just made it messy and at $9 was overpriced. Still most of the dishes here are reasonably priced. Our bill for 2 appetizers, 2 entriees, dessert and 3 martinits was less than $50. Lemongrass also has small plates, perfect for sharing, as well as full-sized entrees.Special Features:
- Great customer servicesyncstylesDined on 6/21/2013My wife and I visited Lemongrass twice and both times we really enjoyed it. The customer service from the staff is awesome and the food was great. One of my favorite dishes was changed a little, but I don't mind. Overall, I really like the place because the food choice taste good, the staff seems very friendly and the ambiance is really nice.Special Features:
- AmazingRogue3012Dined on 6/20/2013The food was amazing. I really loved all the sushi I ordered especially the volcano roll. The service was great and when we arrived we noticed how friendly everyone was. The only problem was that it's far away from where I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's No Lemon!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2013Love eating here; the food is always fresh and bursting with flavor. Considering the quality of the cuisine plus the super service, presentation and serene setting, it's a truly wonderful value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good asian food servedKAS1VIPDined on 5/10/2013Very good asian food served in a nice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this place. The serviceSuchDined on 5/4/2013I like this place. The service is excellent. Even though we were there 30 mins before our reservation on a Saturday night, we were seated immediately and served also immediately. They also catered to make a meat dish vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live near this gem. WeefliegVIPDined on 5/1/2013We live near this gem. We love the sushi here. The lobster roll is excellent. I also love the yellow tail with jalapenos, it is so fresh it melts on your mouth. The house fried rice is another family favorite. Nice wine and beer menu. No mixed drinks.Special Features:
- I had the special, shrimpBoatladyCTVIPDined on 4/16/2013I had the special, shrimp and spicy eggplant, delicious, but I think I was the only one who enjoyed her dinner. But I'll go back ...
- Panang curry great. Nice ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013Panang curry great. Nice ambience. Seated promptly. Very enjoyable.
- Mix of Vietnamese and SushiJoeMDined on 3/26/2013Mix of Vietnamese and Sushi was a surprise. Vietnamese fare was good but not exceptional for what we tried (Ginger chicken was light on ginger) The cucumber wrapped sushi was the best Ive had. Exceptionaly good. Excellent. Would go back for the sushi and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Extensive menu. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/18/2013Extensive menu. Delicious food. Overall a great experience. Lemongrass is now one of our favorite restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noisy patioallergictocrabVIPDined on 2/21/2013For noise, I put Energetic. It was actually Traffic. Don't sit outside. The patio is next to Federal Hwy, and the noise was oppressive, and my friend wouldn't move indoors. Too bad there isn't a rating for the person you went with - he would get an "unacceptable!" I look forward to going back (indoors) as the food is great, and the service is attentive.Special Features:
- A barely OK restaurant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013A barely OK restaurant evening with very rushed and not to good service. We have been to their sister restaurant in Delray Beach many times, where except for the menu, the service and ambiance don't even remotely compare. To top things off, even with a reservation, we had close to a half hour wait for our table.
- Favorites are: -Pad ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Favorites are: -Pad Thai w/ tofu -Sweet & Sour w/ chicken -Spring RollsSpecial Features:
- This was my third time andYummyVIPDined on 2/9/2013This was my third time and it was delicious once again!
- Overrated but fairly goodJaybogVIPDined on 2/1/2013Overrated but fairly good Thai Food. Sushi very average
- The Sea Bass Chili sauce dishelmarcinDined on 1/26/2013The Sea Bass Chili sauce dish was fantastic, but the lobster was dry in the pad thai. The patio is next to a major road (US1) so sit outside knowing that you will have a lot of noise. Indoor ambiance looked nice.Special Features:
- Good - worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2012Lemongrass was good (leaning toward very good) but not great compared to most Thai / Japanese restaurants in North America. They put in a good effort, the service was efficient and friendly. The atmosphere is fairly casual, sort of "mid level". The outdoor seating area is quite nice. Overall though the food was just plain good but not so good I'd rush back, but if a friend suggested it I wouldn't complain. Food was a bit salty and otherwise underflavoured. But because they try hard I would say that it was good overall.Special Features:
- Great Asian meals, nice atmosphereRichDined on 12/25/2012We like Lemongrass because of the wide variety of Asian foods on the menu. All are done very well. We had both Sushi and Stir-fry, and it made for a wonderful meal. We highly recommend the restaurant. It's not extremely large, and you get lots of personal attention.Special Features:
- A special place to meet and eat!LinnybearDined on 12/22/2012This restaurant has shown itself to be consistent in serving tasty and beautifully presented food. The atmosphere is friendly and warm. Everyone was so accommodating and service was great! We'll be back very soon.Special Features: