Lemongrass - Boynton Beach
1880 N. Congress Ave. 104
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Lemongrass - Boynton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lemongrassasianbistro.com/
- Phone: (561) 733-1344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vietnamese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lemongrass - Boynton Beach
An eclectic combination of Thai food, Vietnamese with Japanese sushi.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lemongrass - Boynton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014All of the Lemongrass restaurants are excellent -- Boynton is great to go with if you do not want to deal w/weekend traffic on Atlantic -- shrimp & salmon dishes as well as pad thai are very good -- they do not have a liqour license so drink sake or wine -- best dumplings anywhere -- thin dough -- service is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty and reasonableprofalVIPDined on 10/14/2014brought a party of six each coming from a distance. All of us enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:
- ricrichDined on 8/23/2014great dinning, great staff, awesome food, casual scene, just a fun place to get together with friends and family.Special Features:
- franDined on 8/15/2014FOOD WAS FRESH AND PLEASING TO THE EYE. i WAS DISAPPOINTED IS WHAT WAS CALLED STIR FRY. i DONT THINK IT WASSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service with mediocre foodRickDined on 8/12/2014I've been here before and invited couple friends from out of town for dinner. Unfortunately, this time was a big disappointment. My dish called Drunken Noodle was very bland. There were only three other tables yet we had to waive the server couple of times for water refill. The Mexican busboy was really nice and took care of our water refill instead. I asked the waiter, an older Thai (Im guessing) guy, for recommendations and either there was a language barrier or he couldnt give any. We just looked at each other waiting for a response. Awkward. Then he didnt check with us later and pretty much busy with his other tables. Despite tonight's horrible experience, I probably will give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Lemongrass - Boynton Beach reviews archive.
- JBK72Dined on 5/23/2014The food and service were excellent. However, the seating was uncomfortable at the booths. Did not want a pillow to prop myself forward . Next time I will ask for a table with chairs.Special Features:
- Our 27thOur27thDined on 5/18/2014Good restaurant for interesting food choices from a rather obscure country.Special Features:
- An average experienceLindaVIPDined on 4/24/2014Hard to get our server's attention; she rarely checked with the table to refresh drinks etc. Once ordered, the food came quickly. My drunken noodles, billed as a spicy dish, were not spicy at all. Other Lemongrass locations do a better job with this dish. A bit noisy for easy conversation. We chose Lemongrass because the location was geographically center for our group of diners.
- We have dined at LemongrassOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2014We have dined at Lemongrass on Atlantic Ave in Delray and loved it. This was not at all up to par, a bit dirty and unprofessional staff. Our appetizers and dinner came at the same time and they just put them on the table when they saw there was an error. Won't ever go back to this one.
- Fun placedelishDined on 3/29/2014We were 4 people who had not eaten there before but wanted to try the place. We all enjoyed our meals. Not being sushi lovers we still had many choices.Special Features:
- A little slow bit deliciousTB00VIPDined on 3/22/2014Basically good Japanese food. Fresh trashing and well presented. Service was a little slow but overall very good. Standout was my favorite--lobster monster. Rolls were all very good--our table mate had the fish and it was well prepared simple and delicious. We sat outside and the only problem was a smoker who stood near our table and a very large dog that was moving around behind us, otherwise a good night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicePokerplayerDined on 3/8/2014My wife & I and another couple went for dinner. My wife's entree was delivered to the table about 10 minutes after the other three meals. The manager was indifferent to our problem and the waitress was nowhere to be found until my wife's meal was finally brought to the table. The waitress finally apologized with the comment "I'm sorry for the delay". The manager never even came to our table to apologize or explain why there was a problem.
- Excellent EveningLaurieDined on 3/5/2014I had the Grilled Chilean Sea Bass, this was an Excellent choice. I will definitely be back. My entire family was very pleased with their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only drawback is the parking.doclevyVIPDined on 2/28/2014The only drawback is the parking. It is very busy neighborhood area with many restaurants. Parking is at a premium. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sushiMikeDined on 2/19/2014Nice sushi restaurant! With interesting specialty rolls. Especially like Lobster Monster and Sex on the Moon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wacky ServerBaffledDined on 2/7/2014Our server was not all there. She came by and asked how our meal was before we got our food. We thought she was kidding because it was taking longer than usual for our meals to be ready but then she brought over our check. We chased her down and gave her back the bill and asked her to bring our food first. The food was really good although it seemed like it was sitting around for a while because items weren't very hot. The rest of the meal went along normally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant healthy eaterySueLynnDined on 1/31/2014The food was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Many healthy choices were provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindDantheparkmanDined on 1/15/2014Great sushi, good food at a reasonable price!! .I will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer-tuna and crispyMikkiDined on 12/29/2013Appetizer-tuna and crispy rice was fabulous, entrees of sea bass and duck were good. Pad Thai was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeMarcoVIPDined on 12/26/2013Very disappointed this time. Was one of our favs. Duck was overcooked and mentioned it to waitress..got a shrug of the shoulder. Service was rushed. Know it was holiday time but a check when we are in the middle of dinner!!
- Over rated.richeeeeDined on 12/20/2013This is the weakest of all the restaurants owned by this family. Cold food, too may requests for utensils and napkins and not up to the quality of their other venues. Looked like a strip mall restaurant with no ambiance or charm.
- Not as good as past visits...Lainer105Dined on 12/16/2013We always enjoy dining at Lemongrass, but tonight our overall meal just wasn't up to past standards. Can't put a finger on it, but something was lacking in overall taste. Sushi was good, but not great. Alittle too spicy on a shrimp salad dish, received a smaller portion than usual in our popcorn shrimp small plate and something just didn't taste right on the shumi. We will return, but most likely to the Delray Beach location.Special Features:
- Asian favoriteSue223Dined on 12/16/2013Lemongrass is my favorite local Asian restaurant. Whether you're in the mood for sushi or stir fry, this is the place to go. My favorite entree is lobster monster,a sushi concoction that is "out of this world". If you go early (between 5-7PM) Mon-Th, there is a great 3 course special that is offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerjjbbdinerDined on 11/23/2013We hadn't been here previously, althaough we had friends recommend it to us. We didn't know the menu but the server was able to explain everything and make recommendations. Everything was very good even though the noise level was a little high but it didn't interfere with conversation. All in all a very pleasant experience. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Lemongrass...Lainer105Dined on 11/9/2013We always enjoy our dining experience at Lemongrass. Consistently delicious food at reasonable prices. We often decide on the small plates so that we can share the variety that everyone orders. We brought out of town guests there for dinner this evening; needless to say, it did not disappoint!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2013Friendly service with consistently great food and imaginative menu. Lemongrass never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LemonGrassBaubieVIPDined on 8/25/2013As always this was an enjoyable evening. I do miss the Summer special menu... which appears to have become the Sunset menu.. but the other one was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian findidwekseVIPDined on 8/15/2013This is a reasonably priced asian restaurant where you have a varied choice on the menu between Thai and Sushi Everything we took was great and had an amazing taste. My only complaint would be the decor of the restaurant, we have been to Lemongrass in Boca which in terms of decor is lightyears ahead.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first time at LemongrassBaubieVIPDined on 6/26/2013Not my first time at Lemongrass and I love it. Would have liked to sit outside but it was way too hot. (A few misters might have helped.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Thai restaurantbmorgensVIPDined on 5/10/2013Aside from the noise level and basic high ceiling hard floor ambience the food is very good. The sushi was fresh, the curry was very good along with the Pad Thai. The accompnying special sauce was not to everyone's liking so they brought out the typical peanut sauce, which was fine. Service was friendly and efficient. Upon entering we were advised that the outdoor seating might be slower so we opted to eat inside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service could notawesomeDined on 4/27/2013Food and service could not have been better. It was loud enough that kids would be fine and wuiet enough and had enpigh ambiance to be a good date spot. We enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:
- Just one comment - Get theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Just one comment - Get the Monster Lobster Roll with sauce on top. Expensive but OMG delicious.Special Features:
- Tried and truefoodiesDined on 4/21/2013food delicious and presentation good...waitress forgot to bring salads that came with two dishes but we had ordered enough food so was okay,Special Features:
- My party of six arrived onFoodieDined on 4/19/2013My party of six arrived on time for our 7:00 reservation. The restaurant had called me earlier to confirm. When we got there, they did not have a table ready for us. We had to wait thirty minutes for some diners to finish before they could seat us. Needless to say, this was very annoying. The host kept saying there was nothing he could do. In his defense, he did send over complimentary desserts for the table. However, this was an unpleasant way to start our evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunset SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013Sunset Special options were an excellent choice by all six of us. The two different lobster dishes were excellent. The duck was perfect and the fish dishes were very good. We all were pleased.Special Features:
- This place is incredible.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013This place is incredible. One of my favorites in the Delray Beach area. I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a great meal. ServersNC07Dined on 4/6/2013Always a great meal. Servers are friendly and accommodating. Sitting outside when weather is good is a treat.Special Features:
- Good Food Excellent ServiceDoughboyVIPDined on 3/24/2013A unique and different Asian type cuisine. We had never been here, but it came highly recommended by some friends. The food was hot and very good and the service was excellent. The inside is actually pretty small only seating about 70 people, but there are a number of tables outside that face the parking lot. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you like Asian Thai type food.Special Features:
- I wondered how this locationLiveetodineDined on 3/18/2013I wondered how this location would be compared to the original Lemongrass on Atlantic Ave. I was presently surprised. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Excellent service and food. Too many tables made the dining area conjested but service and food offset.Special Features: