Lemongrass - Boca Raton
101 plaza real south,
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Lemongrass - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://lemongrassasianbistro.com/
- Phone: 5615448181
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vietnamese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lemongrass - Boca Raton
An eclectic award-winning combination of cuisines including Thai, Vietnamese, and Japanese. Lemongrass Asian Bistro has always been the neighborhood favorite. With reasonable prices, world class food and service, Lemongrass always delivers. No matter what type of cuisine you desire, you'll find something you'll love on the extensive menu. The sushi rolls are particularly inventive, with many choices you won't likely find anywhere else. Sunsentinel : Top 10 Asian Restaurant in Florida ............................................... NewTimes : The Best Place to Dine Alone 2006 ............................................... Palmbeach Post : A-Excellent ............................................... Zagat 2004-2007 : Excellent ............................................... Florida Trends Magazine : Best New 20 Restaurant in South Florida 2005, Best 500 places to dine in South Florida 2006-2007Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Lemongrass - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Lemongrass - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (27)fit for foodies (26)hot spot (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/25/2014Very good, only problem main dishes did not come out together,
- Another great visitposimp99VIPDined on 8/23/2014Always a great meal. Food is consistent and fresh. Staff is courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love to sit outside at Lemongrass, even when its during the summer heat. Inside tends to get noisy on busy nights, and is overly air conditioned. Attentive service by Howdy. Consistently good sea bass, hot fresh vegetables, yummy broiled salmon. Check out their large selection of bottled saki, all reasonably priced. Streams upbeat music, attracts younger crowds than many other East Boca restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass is always terrific.DelBocaMistaDined on 8/2/2014Love the food, the flavors, the positive attitude of the staff and management...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemongrass always succeedsBocaRatonLocalDined on 8/2/2014For upscale casual dining in downtown Boca Raton, Lemongrass delivers a rewarding evening time and time again, whether in larger gatherings or a table for two. Their personable efficient waitstaff, creative dishes, relaxed modern atmosphere, and more sophisticated clientele make this an excellent destination and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDemandingMaxVIPDined on 7/30/2014Another well prepared meal, served by our favorite server, HOWDY. Love the Oh Seabass, without all the sauce on it, and you can substitute the veggies for another (I get steamed broccoli). Some people have complained about "loud music", I'm not sure why…there is sometimes background music with a bass beat, but it's not overwhelming. And one wants some vibe, not every restaurant needs to cater to those over 75!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCEluv2dineVIPDined on 7/26/2014Extensive, varied menu plus specials were very appealing. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. Service was excellent . Attractive, clean restaurant with pretty waterfall wall. Bar is small and right at entry door. More dessert choices would be great Too bad OPEN TABLE limits how much one can say in a private note to restaurant so that things that should be said privately have to be made public or not written!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!delraybeachDined on 7/26/2014Very very good! The service was outstanding and the food was excellent! I would highly recommend the location in Boca Raton, FL!
- Unique Asian cuisineshellybocaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We found dishes here that one does not find in other Asian restaurants. Has a sister restaurant in Delray and the new Sea also in Delray. We were in time for the drink special--a real bargain (before 7 PM) and also they had a special appetizer menu. Shumai and sashimi plate was wonderful. All of us succumbed to the noodle soup with roasted duck. It was delicious. Sit in the front room as it is much more comfortable. We were initially seated in back and there was a very large party occupying one long table who were very noisy. No complaints when we asked to be moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service stinks, dirtyJoeGiulDined on 7/19/2014Anniversary - not looking for fancy but wanted a nice dinner. Went in, confirmed, reservation was shown to a table in the middle of the room. I asked for a table against the wall and the host said he would check. He never came back. We sat against the wall. Service was spotty and we had to wait a long time to get wine and get water refilled. The bus person tried to take our dishes away before we were done twice. Food was really good we had soup and calamari and split the Pad Thai entree plus had a bottle of white wine. When I made the reservation I saw there was a 15% discount for cash they did not honor as I did not print. I went home and it did not say to print. Tables were chipped and old and the menus were filthy.
- Always reliablebocafoodieDined on 7/18/2014Great service and great food. Happy hour menu had a variety of delicious items and the dynamite tower and tuna pizza is always great. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the fishCarolVIPDined on 7/8/2014I guess they must have changed chefs. I ordered Friendly Fish & was really looking forward to it as I have had it many times before. The presentation was beautiful however the fish was overlooked &'dry. I told the waiter who took it back. He returned to tell me that the chef said if he made another one, it would also be dry. Duh! If you don't know how to cook you shouldn't be in the kitchen. He asked me if I wanted something else. I chose the lobster pad Thai. The pad Thai was not too sweet which was good but the lobster also was overlooked. They really need a new chef. I won't go back until they get a chef who knows how to cook fish..... rather than overcook it.
- Excellent Sushi and ThaiBocaFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very fresh and delicious food. Always great place to have dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really???PM60VIPDined on 6/22/2014We love lemongrass. We go there several times a month for dinner, and I take clients there for lunch probably once a week. The entire wait staff knows us and the manager. We arrive on Sunday @ 7:45pm for dinner, the restaurant is 20% occupied and the manager takes us to the worst table in the very back of the restaurant. At that point, I point to another table and ask if we can sit there instead. She says no.....Really??????????????????????? After she left the room we asked the waiter if we could move to that table.....he said of course and moved us immediately. If the manager reads this, remember this......there are many restaurants in Boca and if you treat your good customers poorly, you will lose them. You get a pass on this one....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificKAS1VIPDined on 6/9/2014Wonderful, reasonably price Asian food in a very nice setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Thai restaurantWineArtVIPDined on 6/5/2014We eat here regularly, and the food is consistently great. The service is also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014We ate dinner at the Boynton Beach location. The food was very good, the waitress was pleasant, and the atmosphere was relaxing.Special Features:
- SPICY DUCK SALAD A HIT!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 5/28/2014I enjoyed the SPICY DUCK SALAD, which I had as my entree. It was large and filling, spicy but not overwhelming. A nice change of pace. Popcorn shrimp was a tasty appetizer and while $9., it can easily be shared by two diners. The coconut shrimp entree was quite tasty, better than expected, GIANT Shrimps. Jenni is an attentive server. Can't go wrong at Lemongrass, always consistently prepared foods.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impressKiwibirdDined on 5/28/2014Nice evening, great food and service. Try the Double Treat crab sushi roll....Special Features:
- Was Expecting MoreDpklos25VIPDined on 5/22/2014The place was well decorated and the service was great. Sadly the food left you wanting. There was something missing on the food, oh yeah, TASTE!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2014As always very food and service. They still need to improve on their overall sushi quality right down to the wasabi. Sushi is just ok compared to other places we have been to. To be fair we have never been able to find great sushi in Florida. Entrees had excellent comments from all 5 quests, 3 of which had never been to Lemongrass.Special Features:
- A nice dinnersimonsays1102Dined on 5/3/2014The appetizers were great. Everybody enjoyed their meals...but I ordered the special which was soft shell crab...the breading was like Kentucky fried chicken....I expected it to be light and tasty...but it was fried and crunchy...did not enjoy..but everyone else's picks were greatSpecial Features:
- One of our favsEllajakeDined on 5/2/2014Consistently good food and service!A great "go to" place anytime we are looking for somewhere to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 430 reviews are from the Lemongrass - Boca Raton reviews archive.
- LanieDined on 4/28/2014Not as good as it used to be. Smaller portions I.e lobster monster. Major shrinkage Still a good Japanese restaurant but needs a retuning.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration gone flat!ljwhome1Dined on 4/28/2014I indicated when making the reservation and when I walked into the restaurant that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday. However, at the end of the meal, the server never mentioned the birthday and never even asked the six of us if we wanted dessert or coffee!
- Fantasticladiesluv2dineDined on 4/27/2014Overall the best, food , atmosphere the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem with Sunset MenuMBJMDined on 4/27/2014Although the food was good, and the service was prompt, I doubt we'll be returning - at least not with a large group like we had. After being seated well before six, we were given regular menus only. When I asked our server, Howdy, for the Sunsets as well, he "rolled his eyes" and reluctantly brought me one. Then I asked for the other guests to receive one as well - by this time I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. He only brought enough for a few, maybe a third, of the guests so that we had to share. If you are going to offer this, it should be done gracefully and graciously, and NOT be an embarassment to your guests! Please instruct "Howdy" - I hope this is helpful.Special Features:
- Lovefood24VIPDined on 4/19/2014Even with a reservation they sat us at a small cramped table that was quite uncomfortable; but the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Terrible BocaRickDined on 4/18/2014Way Too Loud, Way Too Pretentious, Way Too Over-Priced. Just not worth it. Why are your ratings so slanted that you cannot give the restaurant a poor rating? For example, why isn't there a "too loud" in the noise level category? Seems like you're in cahoots with the restaurants.
- Consistently Good Service and FoodDemandingMaxVIPDined on 4/13/2014Started with happy hour at bar with select appetizers 1/2 price as well as cocktails. Well prepared gyoza and chicken satay. The lobster tail pad Thai special entree was succulent with two big chunks of lobster tails. The pad Thai was yummy. The Oh Seabass is consistently well prepared and with sauce on side a very healthy dish. Lemongrass gets very busy during dinners but the kitchen is on top if orders and wait staff keep the flow of food coming to the table. HOWDY is our favorite waiter, always provides attentive service. Brought dessert as a comp to recognize our birthdays, very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayLuvgreatfoodDined on 4/13/2014We had a difficult time choosing a restaurant that could satisfy 3 vegans and 3 non-vegans including 2 children. The staff was wonderful in making adjustments to some sushi, serving a side of avocado for a hungry 3.5 year old and also satisfying the wonderful appetites of two over 70 year old grandparents. We have never missed at Lemon Grass and return year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LemongrassClaudiammDined on 4/12/2014Always delicious , one of my favorite restaurants...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014Stir frys and sushi options were excellent - fresh and tasty. Service was rushed, but we were not in a hurry. For example, our entre was out before we were close to finishing our appetizers. Once served, it seemed like a waiter was filling a glass or taking away a dish as soon as we took a sip or a last bite. Normally you might find that attentive but I found it intrusive because our conversations were constantly being interrupted. I will certainly return but will only do so when I want a nice meal in a VERY short time frame. This restaurant is off my list as a place to meet friends and catch up.Special Features:
- QualityjustfactsDined on 4/9/2014Creative menu selections that are varied and proved to be very enjoyable. Outside nice and acceptable without traffic noise and congestion. A place to recall days later with pleasant thoughts.Special Features:
- Tasty food. Excellent serviceTjayDined on 4/5/2014Food is always tasty and fresh with a good choice of menu items. Service is friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place,excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We love all about this place,please , keep it in the way it is!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my family loves LemongrassbocababsVIPDined on 3/31/2014my family loves Lemongrass we go there every time they visit thanks for being a great place to eat and enjoy the grand kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A couple of good dishes andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2014A couple of good dishes and rolls, but overall quality has declined lately. One of the spicy rolls was overwhelmingly and inedibly spicy (chili/jalapeno) and i like spicy!Special Features:
- I HATE TO SAY THIS BECAUSELFPAVIPDined on 3/27/2014I HATE TO SAY THIS BECAUSE I USUALLY LOVE LEMONGRASS...HOWEVER, MY LATEST EXPERIENCE, AND I HAVE BEEN THERE ABOUT 30 TIMES, WAS DISAPPOINTING....THE LOBSTER MONSTER(OUR FAVORITE ITEMON THE MENU) WAS PRE-COOKED,THEREFORE DRY, THE TAIL WAS MINUTE COMPARED TO OTHER TIMES AND WE WERE VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE MEAL....PETER AGINS.....Special Features:
- a good findbabsDined on 3/23/2014very nice asian atmosphere; excellent menu choices including sunset menu. Service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.