Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
3475 Route 9
A&M Shopping Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lemonnj.com/
- Phone: (732) 761-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Due to very high volume, New Years eve reservations are only accepted at following times: 5:00, 6:15, and 9:15.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Ash
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Full service available, including waiters and chefs.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Every Friday Night
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant is now offering Cooking With Chef Ash. Ash sets a menu of several courses for the evening. Appetizers, Salads, Entrees & Desserts. He takes you step-by-step through each course, sharing his 25 years of experience in the culinary arts with you.
A word from Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
Chef Ash introduces Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant. Our menu brings together many splendid cuisines, such as Italian, Spanish, French, Moroccan and Greek. With such a diverse menu, we look to please all palates, from the casual diner to the most sophisticated foodie. Our goal is to ensure that the presentation, cuisine and service foster an equally accessible atmosphere to everyone Lemon will be the ideal spot for any occasion! Coupons or discounts not valid with open table reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Freehold ›
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (14)special occasion (9)romantic (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Experience First TimeVegetariansDined on 10/25/2013I recommend making a reservation. It was quite simple using Open Table. Great food!!! Good for vegetarians!!! Attentive waitstaff. BYOB. Manager readily available. Warm and inviting host. Great for a celebration or romantic night out. Easily spotted location. First time guests and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneLeenyDined on 10/12/2013With such a varied menu, it wasn't hard to find something to suit everyone's taste. The quality of the food was very good. The portions were not very large, but they were appropriate....nobody left hungry, but there were no "doggy bags" with leftovers either. I really enjoyed the homemade gnocchi, and although the paella was quite different from what my husband expected (not prepared as is typical in a Spanish restaurant), he thoroughly enjoyed it. Our friends also enjoyed the rack of lamb and the lamb tagine. The ambiance is nice and we love that it's BYOB. The wait staff is extremely attentive, and Ash, the owner, is warm and friendly. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencehilo0512Dined on 10/12/2013The food is always delicious and the service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseLocaldinerVIPDined on 10/11/2013Our first time there. We wanted to find a new place. Menu lives up to the name of the restaurant. Several lamb dishes, fresh seafood including octopus. The owner, Ash, very attentive and personable. Came over, introduced himself and gave input on several dishes. Bottom line, we had a great time and will go bachkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of the MediterraneanRobertVIPDined on 9/13/2013The food here is a great way to experience the many tastes of the Mediterranean. The regular items on the menu are great but the specials can be an added treat. Everything is very fresh and delicious, you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Also has a great lunch buffet.Special Features:
- Great, creative foodRobyneDined on 8/16/2013Started with a salad with small salad with pistachio and goat cheese rolled into little balls of loveliness. The zucchini and feta fried cakes were delicious. We enjoyed the perfectly cooked rack of lamb over cranberry polenta. The polenta was AMAZING! We didn't order dessert, but they brought us each a piece of biscotti, which was great. I don't usually eat biscotti. The chef, who checked on us periodically, brought us fresh strawberries with an amazing cream concoction. The live guitar player/singer was very good, but it was a little bit loud for my tastes. The waitress pretty much forgot about us, but there were like 3 other wait staff that visited us though out the meal. But the food is so good, I can can past that. Try it!Special Features:
- Overall the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Overall the restaurant is good. I had two issues. I told the wait staff that I was allergic to berries and the dessert came on a plate with a berry swirl right next to the baclava. They apologized that they did not convey my message to the kitchen. Belly Dancer - absolutely ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying PlusLovefoodDined on 8/2/2013Food was great but pricy for strip mall restaurant. Service good if slow and prices on specials quite high and not explained when presented. Would try again but be sure of prices before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific local restaurantAudreyVIPDined on 7/21/2013Both my husband and I were delightfully surprised by this local Mediterranean restaurant. The food was authentic, fresh and beautifully plated. To start we had an unusual appetizer special: stuffed grilled peach with crab and gorgonzola cheese. It was outstanding. I enjoyed the chicken and lamb Kofta with porcini mushrooms and Israeli couscous and Paul had the Australian Rack of Lamb with a cherry reduction sauce. Baklava for dessert was yummy. Our waitress, Melissa was terrific and so sweet. The Chef came over to chat a bit and told us of his monthly Sunday night cooking classes consisting of 6 courses costing only $45. We are definitely interested in that. They also have entertainment on Friday nights. This was a BYBO. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2013This was my husband and my first trip to Lemon. The food and service were outstanding. Chef Ash came out and introduced himself to us. We ended up leaving a deposit for an upcoming cooking class. Everything was fresh, delicious, and perfectly seasoned. Fantastic!!! Outstanding!!! Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- a good find, thanks to Open TableanonymousVIPDined on 6/1/2013Restaurant could use a bit of updating, but the menu varied and interesting. Everyone in our party of five thought the food was quite good. We initially felt we were being rushed out, but the servers slowed down a bit and we were able to enjoy a leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- A Dining Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Found "Lemon" since its location was 1/2 way between friends home and ours. Walked in at 7 p.m. on Saturday and restuarant was relatively empty. By 7:30-7:45, not a table could be found. This is a restaurant that wants you to enjoy your evening and does not rush your dinner. They gave us time to visit over our BYO wine....and then took our orders. We all enjoyed the appetizers (quinoa salad, farro salad, rice balls), along with the warmed pita and hummus. Our entree's arrived in a timely (but not rushed) manner....and we were all happy with our choices (tagine, paella, salmon, salad). Dessert intrigued us (warm caramel dates, flourless chocolate cake, almond cake). After 2 1/2 hours, we left sated and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten here a few timesgourmetchefVIPDined on 3/29/2013We've eaten here a few times but never on a Friday night. I could have done without the belly dancer but everything else was great!Special Features:
- very small portions; likeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2013very small portions; like manhattan. front table is the best.Special Features:
- We had an very tasty mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2013We had an very tasty meal and excellent service.....the only issues in our group of 8 were that it was a little pricey since everything was ala carte and because of the poor divide between restaurants ...the curry smell from next door carried over to our table area ..but we all agreed we would likely go back!Special Features:
- Hidden gemLeeB13VIPDined on 2/19/2013The beauty of a service such as OpenTable is that one comes across wonderful restaurants such as Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant, when it would have otherwise remained an obscure location at a strip mall. Having had the good fortune of traveling around the Mediterranean Sea, Lemon absolutely gives justice to this cuisine. The dishes were delicious, served right on time and warm. The service, including the Owner/Chef's personal introduction to the menu and its highlights was outstanding. All in all, a hidden area gem, not to be overlooked.Special Features:
- Always have a good time andvivaciousvictoriaVIPDined on 1/18/2013Always have a good time and enjoy the food at Lemon. The specials are always interesting too. Loved the salad with couscous, brussels sprouts, and butternut squash- delish! I gave four stars for the service because the waitstaff and owner are always personable and accommodating, but I have experienced an incorrect order or long wait time for meals to be brought to table on occasion. A little bit more oomph in those areas and they'll have it made. Would definitely come back- really enjoy the food and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Food was good . Had a groupreviewernumber1VIPDined on 11/24/2012Food was good . Had a group of Seven, waited one hour for apps. and another hour for main course. Need to work on speed of kitchen. Did bring us desert after we said we where not interested.Special Features:
- Very expensive. No salad,andbizzyVIPDined on 10/13/2012Very expensive. No salad,and it smells. I don't like Indian food, and it shares its space with the Indian restaurant, so it smells like Indian food. Food was good, but very over priced. This place will not last. We won't return.
- Good food, odd serviceMercerChowVIPDined on 9/29/2012We were happy with our food at Lemon: nothing mind-blowing but well-prepared Mediterranean style dishes. The service was a little brusque, though, and one aspect was downright weird. It's a BYOB place and we brought a bottle of wine, but each time the server poured he started by asking who was going to be driving. Once might have been cute, but this happened repeatedly. C'mon, man, this is our wine and we will drink it as we see fit!