Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
3475 Route 9
A&M Shopping Plaza
Freehold, NJ 07728Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lemonnj.com/
- Phone: 7327610900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Due to very high volume, New Years eve reservations are only accepted at following times: 5:00, 6:15, and 9:15.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Ash
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Full service available, including waiters and chefs.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Every Friday Night
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant is now offering Cooking With Chef Ash. Ash sets a menu of several courses for the evening. Appetizers, Salads, Entrees & Desserts. He takes you step-by-step through each course, sharing his 25 years of experience in the culinary arts with you.
A word from Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant
Chef Ash introduces Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant. Our menu brings together many splendid cuisines, such as Italian, Spanish, French, Moroccan and Greek. With such a diverse menu, we look to please all palates, from the casual diner to the most sophisticated foodie. Our goal is to ensure that the presentation, cuisine and service foster an equally accessible atmosphere to everyone Lemon will be the ideal spot for any occasion! Coupons or discounts not valid with open table reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Freehold ›
Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- always superbLynnDaveDined on 8/27/2014We go to Lemon on a regular basis and always have superb food and service. We love Lemon and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goes unnoticedgooutalootDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant itself is easy to pass by right on Rt 9, but don't let that fool you. The menu is original and sometimes unusual. If you are a steak and potatoes person, this is not the place. The meals were very fresh and tasty. A great place to be a little adventurous. We will return. Be careful if you order the specials - they are pricey.Special Features:
- Excellent foodhappydinerDined on 8/23/2014Our third visit to Lemon and this was the best. Food has always been very good - this visit it was excellent. The fish special was terrific, as was the chicken from the regular menu. A nice touch has always been the hummus and pita wedges served as routine instead of a loaf/slices of some type of thick bread. First time we dined at Lemon, it was an interesting setup - half Indian, half Mediterranean (almost MidEastern) - now it is Mediterranean with some MidEastern. Restaurant is roomy, staff is very attentive, BYO so you don't get slammed with high alcohol prices. All in all, a great place for excellent food. If only it weren't in a strip mall on Route 9 (hate that concept, but seems to be the norm in most of Monmouth County).Special Features:
- Never disappoints!Judypf1Dined on 8/22/2014Each visit finds us trying something different from the wonderfully, diverse menu. The food always tastes fresh and well prepared. The presentation is lovely and Chef Ash is so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent new findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the restaurant. Very attentive service. Only suggestion---don't charge extra for 2nds on hummus and pita.Special Features:
- AmazingDaBossDined on 8/9/2014Simply said, easily one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The food was fantastic and the service wrapped it all together. I strongly recommend trying the rice ball appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanstastic Dinner!PaulDined on 8/2/2014Our meals were truly outstanding, the Chef's personal touch added to the wonderful evening.Special Features:
- 554433Dined on 7/26/2014Great place, good food, excellent service, knowledgeable stuffSpecial Features:
- jeffVIPDined on 7/18/2014As always the food was excellent and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Good not great!!lara441983Dined on 7/18/2014If you consider yourself a foodie, this place may disappoint. Food was cooked well, but was either under or over seasoned. They also forgot half of my order. I would go for a lunch buffet, but dinner was too pricey for subpar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Lemon!LynnDaveDined on 7/16/2014We always have a superb meal at Lemon. The hummus and pita that are set on the table upon arriving are delicious. Whatever we choose for appetizer/salad/entrée are always excellent-whether from the regular menu or the specials. Chef Ash always has a warm welcome for everyone. He takes great pride in his restaurant and you can see it in everything that he prepares as well as the ambiance of the space. We are repeat customers. Lemon is definitely one of our "go to" places. The cooking classes are fun too.Special Features:
- MediterraneanBocuseVIPDined on 7/12/2014Was glad to find a good Mediterranean restaurant in this area of NJ. It is one of my favorite types of food.Special Features:
- Refreshing, inclusive experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed the inclusive nature of Lemon's Mediterranean. Rather than focus on a single culture's recipes, options abound from throughout the region. "Traditional" dishes on the menu were well executed and infused with Chef Ash's personal touches. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable and Chef Ash made a point of visiting tables in the dining room and spending time with his guests. Lastly, despite the difficult setting of a strip mall space, the decor was tasteful, bright and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flavors in all the dishes!BonsdoofVIPDined on 6/24/2014Highly recommend the feta dishes for appetizers! We cannot wait to go back and sample more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!Judypf1Dined on 6/14/2014This was our second visit to Lemon and it could be our new favorite restaurant. The food is beautifully prepared, and with Chef Ash's creative touches every dish is special. The Rack of lamb is a house favorite and it is spectacular! Chef Ash is incredibly friendly and personally welcomes checks in with "his" guests. I just love Lemon!Special Features:
- A Most Interesting MenucigarknightVIPDined on 5/31/2014Small, storefront restaurant...nothing fancy decor wise, but a most interesting menu. The chef greets you at the door...which is a nice touch, and the service staff is very young and inexperienced. The prices are moderate, and all the food was good...but not great. I have to believe that somewhere in the eclectic menu, there is something great. We will be back...Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the Lemon Mediterranean Restaurant reviews archive.
- great and out of the ordinaryfoodaddictVIPDined on 4/30/2014Tired of seeing the same entrees on the menu? Go for something interesting and delicious at Lemon. Greeted warmly by the manager and service was impeccable. Great selection, it was hard to pick one thing so I already know what I am having when I go back! Warm pita, delicious hummus with a unique selection of meat, chicken, seafood, something for every palate. Different but not strange....just enough to get you to eat outside the box for a change! this restaurant is not a Lemon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal here!NewcruzadoDined on 3/28/2014Found this place late last year and have been coming on a regular basis since then. The food is so fresh and so good. Chef Ash always takes the time to stop by and chat with his guests. He makes everyone feel special and appreciated..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great pricesvivicatDined on 3/15/2014Food here is quite good, however, prices are steep. Any extras (salad/soup) are add-ons & start at $9+. The waiter offered us hummus & pita for the table, not informing us that it was not complimentary. I had the quinona salad, which was not special nor worth the $9 price tag. But my entree, the Branzino, was perfectly cooked & a treat. Just be forewarned that if you are the kind of person that enjoys an appetizer & soup/salad with your entree, then be prepared to spend a minimum of $100 per couple. Also it is bring your own wine, which is not a bad idea at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual the food and servicejeffVIPDined on 2/14/2014As usual the food and service were on point. We went for valentine's day dinner. We were suprised that they added the gratuity to our bill. They have never done that before.Special Features:
- 554433Dined on 2/14/2014Best restaurant in Monmouth County. Great food, outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Unexpected in FreeholdFrankDined on 2/8/2014Fun and relaxed place to go. Menu presented good choices from lamb to seafood. Staff is great and the owner personally checks guests. This our new neighborhood place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent anddizzylizyDined on 2/1/2014The food was excellent and so was the service. All four of us enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Tuesday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 1/28/2014I was very pleased with the courses I had at the restaurant, this evening. The lentil salad was a great way to start when accompanied by very good hummus and a generous basket of pita. I thought my main course, the lamb shank, great. The ambience may be a bit plain at this restaurant in a Freehold strip mall, but the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/25/2014Second time to this restaurant and the second time the messed up my husband main dish. No, excuse and did nothing for there mistake. Would not go back so fast. Portion are small and takes to long to get the bill back from the front
- Food was good but portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014Food was good but portions were small. I had crab cakes and was very little fill in them. Service was really good. We would good back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night with friendsstephanieDined on 1/9/2014Diverse and wonderfully eclectic menu...very knowledgeable and helpful staff...dinner was absolutely great and different from anything in the area. This little spot is definitely worth the try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of food; MediterraneaRetireeDined on 1/3/2014Great variety of food; Mediterranean yet not like a typical Italian RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Ash creates a warm andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2013Chef Ash creates a warm and inviting atmosphere and is creative in his fusion of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern dishes.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$ - I won't go backFoodMDVIPDined on 11/23/2013We were excited to find this restaurant in our new neighborhood, but it didn't live up to our expectations. First the service was slow. We waited too long to be greeted by our server. Then our entree course was slow as well. The young teen age wait staff was not attentive and didn't know the menu well and weren't able to answer questions. The food was not seasoned enough and we did not get a salt shaker for the table despite asking for one twice. Overall, the experience wasn't worth the over 50 dollars per person we spent.
- Excellent foodDaveVIPDined on 11/16/2013Continues to be a cut above the rest love the Bronzino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience First TimeVegetariansDined on 10/25/2013I recommend making a reservation. It was quite simple using Open Table. Great food!!! Good for vegetarians!!! Attentive waitstaff. BYOB. Manager readily available. Warm and inviting host. Great for a celebration or romantic night out. Easily spotted location. First time guests and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneLeenyDined on 10/12/2013With such a varied menu, it wasn't hard to find something to suit everyone's taste. The quality of the food was very good. The portions were not very large, but they were appropriate....nobody left hungry, but there were no "doggy bags" with leftovers either. I really enjoyed the homemade gnocchi, and although the paella was quite different from what my husband expected (not prepared as is typical in a Spanish restaurant), he thoroughly enjoyed it. Our friends also enjoyed the rack of lamb and the lamb tagine. The ambiance is nice and we love that it's BYOB. The wait staff is extremely attentive, and Ash, the owner, is warm and friendly. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experiencehilo0512Dined on 10/12/2013The food is always delicious and the service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseLocaldinerVIPDined on 10/11/2013Our first time there. We wanted to find a new place. Menu lives up to the name of the restaurant. Several lamb dishes, fresh seafood including octopus. The owner, Ash, very attentive and personable. Came over, introduced himself and gave input on several dishes. Bottom line, we had a great time and will go bachkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of the MediterraneanRobertVIPDined on 9/13/2013The food here is a great way to experience the many tastes of the Mediterranean. The regular items on the menu are great but the specials can be an added treat. Everything is very fresh and delicious, you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Also has a great lunch buffet.Special Features:
- Great, creative foodRobyneDined on 8/16/2013Started with a salad with small salad with pistachio and goat cheese rolled into little balls of loveliness. The zucchini and feta fried cakes were delicious. We enjoyed the perfectly cooked rack of lamb over cranberry polenta. The polenta was AMAZING! We didn't order dessert, but they brought us each a piece of biscotti, which was great. I don't usually eat biscotti. The chef, who checked on us periodically, brought us fresh strawberries with an amazing cream concoction. The live guitar player/singer was very good, but it was a little bit loud for my tastes. The waitress pretty much forgot about us, but there were like 3 other wait staff that visited us though out the meal. But the food is so good, I can can past that. Try it!Special Features:
- Overall the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013Overall the restaurant is good. I had two issues. I told the wait staff that I was allergic to berries and the dessert came on a plate with a berry swirl right next to the baclava. They apologized that they did not convey my message to the kitchen. Belly Dancer - absolutely ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfying PlusLovefoodDined on 8/2/2013Food was great but pricy for strip mall restaurant. Service good if slow and prices on specials quite high and not explained when presented. Would try again but be sure of prices before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific local restaurantAudreyVIPDined on 7/21/2013Both my husband and I were delightfully surprised by this local Mediterranean restaurant. The food was authentic, fresh and beautifully plated. To start we had an unusual appetizer special: stuffed grilled peach with crab and gorgonzola cheese. It was outstanding. I enjoyed the chicken and lamb Kofta with porcini mushrooms and Israeli couscous and Paul had the Australian Rack of Lamb with a cherry reduction sauce. Baklava for dessert was yummy. Our waitress, Melissa was terrific and so sweet. The Chef came over to chat a bit and told us of his monthly Sunday night cooking classes consisting of 6 courses costing only $45. We are definitely interested in that. They also have entertainment on Friday nights. This was a BYBO. I highly recommend.Special Features: