Lemon Grass - Syracuse
238 West Jefferson Street
Syracuse, NY 13202Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Lemon Grass - Syracuse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lemongrasscny.com/
- Phone: 3154751111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Max Chutinthranond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us at 315-475-1111 to inquire about our private dining rooms and catering functions.
- Private Party Contact: Alyssa Fleck 3154751111
- Entertainment: Every Friday and Saturday evenings enjoy live jazz from 7:00 to 10:00 at our bar in Bistro Elephant.
A word from Lemon Grass - Syracuse
The Lemon Grass has been committed to bringing innovative, fresh, and delectable Pacific Rim Thai food to our dedicated clientele since 1989. Our award-winning wine list, savory dishes, and knowledgeable wait staff consistently create an exquisite dining experience for every customer who walks past our doors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Lemon Grass - Syracuse - Best Restaurants in Syracuse ›
Lemon Grass - Syracuse reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (19)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Expensive Thai food with a flareDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is an expensive restaurant. The food is good to the point where you're pinching yourself and say am I in Syracuse New York? If I could go back in time I would've ordered two of the Steaky bacon appetizers with the special buns. Prepared like a pork belly and confusing because you're not sure what the meat is but it is so good you don't care... The pad Thai was very good and authentic… this restaurant is known for their desserts. We ordered a chocolate cake that was more like a chocolate molten cake from 1999. It was good for sure but nothing to rave about. Bring your wallet because the bill creeps up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemon Grass: Too ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Four of us had a great time at Lemon Grass for a special occasion, a send-off to our friends who were moving away from the area. We had looked at the menu online and apparently got the lunch menu -- we were a little surprised at the dinner prices when we got there. We forged on and had very good food and drink for about $120 per couple. But at $25 to $35 for an entree and $10 for the cheapest glass of wine, it wasn't really worth what we paid. Next time we will go to another Thai restaurant where we can get the same quality of food, beverage, service and ambiance for probably 25 percent less $.Special Features:
- An unexpected pleasureSteveVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, great service. Loved the variety and creativity. We'll be back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Service excellent and friendly. Server knowledgeable about menu items. Server was very accommodating when my dining companion was late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal but a little priceyAnnoyedDined on 8/19/2014Great food, great drinks, great service but a little too pricey for downtown syracuse. All our meals were tasty and well prepared. The special scallops were very tasty with a nice spice to it. The seafood pot special was very fresh but a little bland. The desserts were beautifully prepared and very good. All in all a great restaurant with great service but in my opinion a little expensive for Thai food in downtown Syracuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestSouthernCityGirlDined on 8/15/2014One of the best Thai restaurants that I've been to. Creative flavor and presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GayleGayleDined on 8/13/2014First time visiting the Lemon Grass and will definitely return. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, well prepared & presentedDelicisiousDined on 8/12/2014Chic atmosphere with white table cloth dining. Ample selection of choices for all dining tastes. Classic dining choices offered outstanding!! Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for gluten free!LisaRDined on 8/8/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find such a good Thai restaurant in Syracuse. Located in a busy section of dientown, Lemon Grass provided a varied menu with many vegetarian and gluten free options. There were many items marked as spicy but our waiter was accurate about the spice levels. I had tofu with a curry ginger sauce that was as spicy as the waiter had warned me about but the ginger and curry gave the food a zip without being overpowering. My husband had tofu with a lemongrass sauce. His also was spicy but enjoyed thoroughly. He was also very appreciative that there were so many gluten free options and they were all clearly marked. The only disappointment was the homemade ice cream for dessert. It was icy and the flavors bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19th aniversaryDaveandBethDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I went here for our 19th wedding anniversary. Not our first time here and will not be our last. I had the dry aged ribeye and she had the pan seared swordfish special with a Tai sauce. The swordfish and the homemade desserts were excellent. The steak was good but not great. With a nice bottle of wine and bottled water the bill came to $200.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDiningWithDateDined on 8/1/2014We had a very pleasant time. Food was outstanding, Charles our server was very helpful with the choices. Atmosphere was energizing.Special Features:
- Bistro ElephantOutofTownDined on 7/31/2014We sat in Bistro Elephant, not Lemon Grass, although the menu is the same. This was our third time at this restaurant (visiting Syracuse from Albany on business) and it did not disappoint. Excellent food and service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- PerfectkellyedenDined on 7/29/2014Lovely wine list, amazing specials. Desserts delicious works of art...... waiter spoke of chef's pride in fresh seafood, and every meal there has delivered the promise. Not one disappointment, everything so well prepared and delicious. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but very slow!DebReviewDined on 7/23/2014We were there on a Wednesday night and delighted with the décor and menu! The restaurant was almost full, which we took to be a good sign. When we asked for just a few more minutes before placing our order, we didn't know it would be 15 minutes before our waitress returned. Our appetizers came in a timely manner, but the entrees took forever! We were seated at 7:00, and didn't receive our entrees until 8:25! As we looked around, other tables were all waiting, so it didn't seem to be just us. I am not sure we will return because the service was so slow. But the food was beautifully presented and tasted great!Special Features:
- Still CoolDarvDined on 7/19/2014Still going strong after all these years. Food is perfectly prepared with good presentation. Pricey but worth it. Service was a bit inconsistent this time. Debris was never picked up off table until we asked as desert was served. Staff area friendly and often helpful.Special Features:
- Dt Night, Anniversary, Spc Occasionp0is0nkrayDined on 7/18/2014Great indoor/outdoor environment. Jazz pianist, bassist, and vocalist on scene in the outdoor corridor. Outside eating especially pleasant (walkthrough corridor with light/interesting traffic) for evening nights, esp a Friday or Saturday night. Food was delicious and delivery, presentation, explanation, and catering/service was exceptional. Wonderfully playful and delicious deserts... Try the "steaky bacon" to start. Fit to snack for two, this is a delicious start to any entree you follow it with! Swordfish with caramelized tamarind sauce was hearty, yet exquisite, and the filet mignon in Thai peanut sauce was succulent and mouth watering. You'll forget you are eating at a downtown Syracuse 5 star restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemon Grass was superbJohnLDined on 7/17/2014From the moment we walked in until we left, everything was excellent. Chad, or server was personable as well as knowledgeable. And the food, from appetizers to dessert was everything that each of us expected.Special Features:
- Always TerrificDarvDined on 6/28/2014The food here is always consistently great. Wonderful variety of dishes. Appetizers are the best. Staff are warm and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bangkok Cuisine with Imperial FlairProfessorVIPDined on 6/7/2014Absolutely wonderful, from start to finish. We were in Syracuse for a professional business conference/symposium and wanted to steal away from the crowds so we discovered Lemon Grass - Syracuse on Open Table. The food was exceptional. Soft shell crabs, filet mignon chopped up in a green curry sauce, and two 1-1/2 lb lobsters. It felt completely decadent but totally delicious. I would come back to this restaurant the next time I am anywhere near the Syracuse area. Well worth traveling to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supertaster3Dined on 5/16/2014The service is every thing you could hope for. We asked for a dish that has not been on the menu for many years and the kitchen was able to accommodate us. Several staff have worked here for 20+ years. This place is a rare gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would returnB12345Dined on 5/15/2014very pleased with GF and vegetarian choices. knowledgeable server. attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fizzled FinaleSeymourBritchkeysDeadDined on 5/13/2014Kobe carpaccio app, fine. Strawberry goat cheese salad looked blah but tasted fine. They were out of the wine I wanted (Cakebread Cab) but knowledgeable waiter brought a pleasant substitute and I learned a bit there. But then the finale: rack of lamb dreadfully over cooked. Sorry, who can't get that right? I know it's a Thai restaurant but it peddles itself as a fine steak and chops house as well.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerWotanDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated our daughter's graduation from 'Cuse at Lemon Grass. Knowledgeable staff, efficient service and a strong performance from the kitchen and bar made for a delightful evening. Soft shelled crabs, Salmon Sashimi, Kobe Flat Iron steak and rack of lamb were well prepared, cooked as ordered, very tender and full of flavor. Well done!Special Features:
- bazza1225Dined on 5/11/2014we arrived early and were shown directly to our table. our server ,Daniel, was up to speed on the specials of the day and recommended appetizers to us that were true to description.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale thaichowtimeDined on 5/10/2014Definitely a nice place to eat, made my reservation pretty easily for five people on Syracuse University's graduation a few days before for 2:45pm. Oysters were great, and the green curry was moderately spicy - which I enjoyed!Special Features:
- Great dining in Armory SquareAnonymousPVresidentDined on 5/8/2014A wonderfully varied menu, outstanding and attentive service but not overwhelming, and exquisite desserts. We have been there twice, and were too full for dessert the first time. Never again! One must plan to leave room for dessert, as they are beautifully presented, yet light and tasty. Very much worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 211 reviews are from the Lemon Grass - Syracuse reviews archive.
- Outstanding...Almost EverythingJoeCDined on 4/30/2014The table service and food were outstanding, possibly the best I have ever had. From start to finish, our waitress was always there had outstanding knowledge of the menu and anticpated our needs throughout the night The food was unbelievable from start to finish....BUT the noise level was incredibly loud. It was almost too dificult to carry on a conversation. There was a large table of 12 people who sat behind us and they were very loud throughout. Some consideration should be given to tabling them in a more isolated location as I'm sure the couple and foursome who sat at tables next to us were hearing the same thing...BUT don't let this distract you from going back...I certainly willSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in SyracuseHyperbirdDined on 4/28/2014Amazing food. Amazing atmosphere. Always good. This is our favorite place. The food and service are high class and everybody needs to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!LocalguyDined on 4/13/2014I had out of town guests from a sophisticated west coast city and recommended the Lemon Grass. All of my guests enjoyed the food immensely and the desserts were a real hit. It took longer than usual for our food to arrive but our server did apologize. I recommend this restaurant for its excellent and unique cuisine and very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No EntreeGaryRDined on 4/12/2014After waiting in excess of 45 minutes for our food - the waitress kept saying it will be right out - we asked for the check, paid for our appetizers and left never to return
- Thai and steakStevekDined on 4/11/2014As always it never disappoints with a great Kobe steak and amazing Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service good but noisyDavidDined on 4/10/2014I've been here several times and have enjoyed each visit. Food is good, selection is interesting, service is first rate. Only problem: when there are larger groups in the restaurant the noise level raises too high making it impossible to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulSmylgrlDined on 4/5/2014Lemon Grass is doubtless one of the best restaurants in Syracuse. From the attentive wait staff to the meals which are like pieces of art and taste as good as they look, the experience is always terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone Will EnjoyFoodieDined on 3/1/2014I had the shrimp curry, my husband had the short ribs and wow that's why it's so good. They can pull of a good curry and delicious short ribs. It was dining week and the service was still good. The place was packed. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone as they can satisfy American and a craving for Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out Downtown 2014LKate5Dined on 2/24/2014Our reservation was on a Monday, and when we got to the restaurant, our coats were checked, and we were seated right away. We received the special Dine Out Downtown week menu, and to my dismay, it was not the same as the one that had been posted online. I mentioned this to the server, and showed him the one that had been posted online, and he accommodated my wishes for one of the dishes on the online menu. The food arrived in a timely manner - the corn and crab soup was outstanding, as was the panang curry beef dish. I was pretty sad to see each dish end. The desserts, which the Lemongrass is famous for, are not included in the Dine Out week menu, but are well worth the splurge. Overall - a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super hospitableSpecialDined on 2/21/2014Mark Moncavage was our waiter. He did an outstanding job. Most definitely the best waiter ever. My wife and I lived our meals and our special night out together. The tables were just a bit too close though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fixed price menu is perfecttomandgerriDined on 2/16/2014The fixed price menu is perfect with many great choices. Everything is high class. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2014My date and I went for Valentine's Day, one day early. She had never been to this restaurant, and I hadn't been there for about ten years. Our soups (butternut squash for her, tom yum for me), entrees (surf and turf for her, swordfish for me), and dessert (chocolate can-can) were all presented beautifully and hit all the right notes for flavor, texture, and temperature. A specialty drink, a glass of cabernet, and a selection from the varied list of quality beers were all perfect. Service by Mark was professional and blended perfectly with the quality of the food and ambiance. Total for everything before tip was $142 and we felt it was money well spent. We loved the paintings and the Thai decor, too. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- food was great. we ate atOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014food was great. we ate at the bar side of the restaurant. it was a little more up be with a small jazz band playing.Special Features:
- Consistently Great Food and FlavorswwcrossettDined on 2/7/2014Lemon Grass Continues to offer great food in one of The best atmospheres in Syracuse. I often enjoy lunch and occasionally dinner both always leave me happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.