Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemairerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (804) 649-4629
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Walter Bundy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lemaire is a New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal bounties of Virginia. We are located inside The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. We offer five different dining rooms and a dedicated event planner to personalize every aspect of your event!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Warner 8886526750
- Special Events: We offer five different private dining venues. We will provide you with a dedicated contact on our team to assist you in personalizing every detail of your event, including the menu, specialty drinks, wines, flowers, music and audio visual.
A word from Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal traditions and bounty of Virginia. The new Lemaire will deliver the quality and service The Jefferson Hotel is known for, but in an accessible format without the pretense, formality or expense!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)romantic (98)fit for foodies (84)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (23)scenic view (13)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- The new LemaireMotaVIPDined on 11/26/2014Although the menu changes at Lemaire were implemented quite some time ago, it was our first chance to visit and found it to be just outstanding. The wonderful Virginia 'biased" entrée' choices were all delicious and second only to outstanding service and dish knowledge provided by Mark. A return trip soon is definitely in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnerheidifDined on 11/25/2014All of our party said their entrees were excellent. I had the rockfish special with sunchokes, peanuts and other yummy things. Fried oyster app was spicy and incredibly good- I don't normally like fried food and I would go back again and order the e xact same meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant, active and youngOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Very nice architecture although the use of marble/granite does nothing to deaden the noise. Very vibrant lounge and restaurant which would be ideal for those looking for that environment. We visited for my wife's birthday hoping for a more intimate and romantic setting. The Sunday brunch was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are the best and the food gets better...TheBaronessVIPDined on 11/21/2014I am a regular here for lunch at TJs and Lemaire for regular business dinners, meetings, and casual dining with friends and family....now Walter Bundy is really taking it up a notch. The specials are fabulous and a real nice change to the normal menu that is not only fabulous but always consistent. The rockfish dish with the homemade truffle pasta was amazing. I do miss some of the seasonal dishes that have been eliminated such as the steak tar tar but I look forward to it coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Service and FoodBobMDined on 11/15/2014I've been to Lemaire many times, as a host for business functions and for personal dining with my wife. The food, service and ambience are all very high on the list. During both of the recent corporate functions that we decided to host at Lemaire, a wine and food pairing dinner for 20 and a luncheon for 15, service and food exceeded my expectations. My wife and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary with a wonderful dinner. Our server, Stephanie was outstanding…just the right mix of personal attention and guidance on our selections. Lemaire is a great choice for a large gathering or intimate dinner for two. Of course, the Jefferson itself is worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The finest restaurant in Richmond!!TheBaronessVIPDined on 11/15/2014The staff is perfect...and the food is always a fabulous adventure in farm-to-table gastronomy. The chef is always expanding the menu to include what is in season combined with his "home-grown" herbs, with his high standards always on point. I was just sorry I was not able to try the stone crab claws that were featured as a special as they had sold out before my reservation. My out of town clients and friends always love staying there and dining....they look forward to it once they have experienced once, they always want to return. With the holidays coming it has become a family favorite as well for great meals and amazing holiday decorations. It is part of our family traditions....you should make it one of yours as well for lunch, high tea or dinner and of course the sunday brunch is not to be missed during the holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Richmond's bestReasonableexpectationVIPDined on 11/15/2014Truly wonderful dining experience. Elegant setting, great food and first rate service. My wife and I, as well as our guests, had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lemaire is SpecialBaywaymomDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I went here upon the recommendation of a friend who lived in Richmond. What a wonderful, special place. Make sure you go in the back door and walk up the staircase to get the spectacular view before going into the restaurant itself. We chose the three course dinner and it was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceShenandoahDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed our dinner for two at Lemair this weekend. The service was truly impeccable, the environment was room and not rushed. You didn't feel like your were packed into some popular restaurant using every square inch they can. The tempo was perfect and the food about perfect. Classic style dishes some pizazz that wasn't over the top in any way. Had a Manhattan with habanero bitters that was really great. Pretty expensive but you leave feeling like you had an experience that was worth it.Special Features:
- Food not good enoughFoodieDined on 11/7/2014Despite good atmosphere, service and wine list, and a good-looking menu, the food preparation is spotty. It doesn't do much good to have a fish dish with interesting combinations of flavors if the fish is grossly overcooked. For this kind of money it should be much better. We've been here several times over the years, and our opinion hasn't changed.Special Features:
- Great dinner!retiredfrequentdinersDined on 11/6/2014The service was very good, the food was excellent. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We were very satisfied with our choice.Special Features:
- Great expereince on all levelsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2014This was my second time dining at Lemaire, my husband's first, and we both agreed it was wonderful. The butternut squash soup was the best I have ever had, and my oysters and his scallops were off the chart. Service was perfectly timed, always available, and the Valentine room is beautiful and romantic. I was struck by the range of ages filling the restaurant on a Thursday night, with a hopping bar scene. We liked the desserts, but didn't think they stood up to the rest of the meal. I would dine here every time I am in Richmond.Special Features:
- ExcellentPhilDined on 11/5/2014I had a fantastic time going to this venue. It served myself and my new fiance well as I proposed to her during our dinner. The food was good and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic Date Night Dinnersmitham97Dined on 11/4/2014I chose to go to Lemaire since it was walking distance to the theater. I was very impressed with their champagne cocktails and the food we had was very good. I highly recommend the oyster appetizer! This was a great fine dining experience.Special Features:
- The finest in RichmondTheBaronessVIPDined on 11/3/2014The new menu is great...miss the Steak tartar, but the new capellini and shrimp dish is fabulous...Special Features:
- Wow!5182011Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I came to Lemaire for our first wedding anniversary this past weekend and it was so much more than I was expecting! I believe our server's name was Matt. He was very attentive without being overbearing. He knew the menu and specials well. And made note that we were celebrating and acknowledged our anniversary :) The food was amazing! From the bread to the dessert, everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We never felt rushed and I loved the fact that we could sit and talk between courses without feeling like we were inconveniencing someone. The restaurant itself is beautiful. We were seated in a small library type room which was perfect for celebrating our special night. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Lemaire Is Tops In RVANCSmokeyVIPDined on 10/30/2014Lemaire is a wonderful restaurant from the beginning of the meal until the end. We ordered a variety of small plates - fried oysters, raw oysters, catfish, crab cake and Caesar salad. All were properly prepared with a wonderful taste. The atmosphere is elegant. Lemaire is still #1 in RVA.Special Features:
- Service not on a par with the foodmormorDined on 10/29/2014Food was excellent, very nicely presented - service was adequate but not exceptional. We were seated in a small room, next to a noisy table, instead of in the main dining room as we have been previously.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBuddyDined on 10/28/2014We treated a friend for her birthday. We had done this last year and it was so nice, she requested that we return. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- RichmondDinerRichmondDinerDined on 10/27/2014Lemaire is an excellent restaurant with a top chef, Walter Bundy. We dine here every month from September through May, and we find the food delicious and the service tops!Special Features:
- kingdadDined on 10/25/2014Everything was great, but the cheese plate could use some workSpecial Features:
- happyedDined on 10/24/2014food and service was great only minor problem when bread was empty no one asked if we wanted moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningluvrvaDined on 10/23/2014I love the Jefferson. I have dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed. The hotel is a great place to take out of town guests. Food is fabulous, service is great and the hotel is magnificent. A fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiverrunDined on 10/18/2014Every thing was first rate. However, the table next to us had an individual watching a football game on his I Phone and I would have normally told him to either turn the game off or use ear plugs so we didn't have to listen to the game. It was a special occasion for my wife so I let it go rather than get into something with him. I did mention it to the staff and, while awkward, they should have said something to him. this simple event did distract from our dinner together! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 10/15/2014Definitely not one of the better restaurants n Richmond. We were very disappointed in the food after especially after what we'd been reading.
- special occasiondisappointedDined on 10/14/2014Made my anniversary extra special !! Will return!!Special Features:
- Food is impeccable every time!MaggiesmomDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Lemaire several times and the food and the service are consistently outstanding. Great place for dinner, we will definitely return in the next few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJstarchildDined on 10/12/2014The food was beyond delicious. Our server Jessica had such an intimate knowledge of the food and drink, which we found quite impressive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably Top DrawerBhagwan1Dined on 10/11/2014For several years this has been one of Richmond's top rated restaurants, and it deserves it. The setting is upscale, semi-formal and elegant. The four of us dining always try to order different dishes and share. It was a great range of tastes from a wonderful Fall soup, to a special swordfish dish, delicious fried oysters and dishes accompanied with unique vegetables and flavors. The shared deserts (including the chocolate cheesecake) were decadent. Perhaps the only criticism is the overpriced corkage fee at $35.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining - Special OccasionDJLRACEDined on 10/8/2014Lemaire at the Jefferson Hotel is excellent restaurant for special occasions with great food, service, atmosphere, and histroical charm!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underspiced.fairjudgeDined on 10/8/2014Overpriced and underspiced. For a special occasion or any occasion, the food was just not special. Bland, unexciting, routine. Unusual combinations, yes, but they still came up short. One exception, a special dessert sauce, was doled out by an eyedropper.Special Features:
- Great staff & Service, Not the foodTime2eatDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I were seated immediately by courteous, friendly staff. The menu was interesting; we ordered two appetizers and two main courses. The appetizers - fried green tomatoes and a wonderful squash soup - were terrific. The main course was a different story. Betsy's meal of beef tenderloin was very good. My meal of a large hamburger with a side dish of macaroni was awful. I had ordered the meat medium-rare, and it arrived grey, well done and greatly over-salted - it was inedible. The macaroni had no flavor. I ordered a replacement meal of scallops, the sauce for which was again over-salted. Great staff and surroundings, an appetizer meal would have been good, but we won't return because of the main course issues.
- Outstanding all the way!ItisMeDined on 10/5/2014The Lemaire is a fantastic restaurant. Beautiful Restaurant with the ornate ceiling, columns lighting, fireplace and more.. Quiet. The food display is beautiful and the food is incredible. Service by our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful He was very attentive and pleasant. Decked out in our finest, we could not have picked a nicer place for our Wedding Anniversary dinner. Also, with the cool night air, I was thrilled to stand outside under warming lights that were suspended from above. We were happy with free valet parking, too.Special Features:
- Still the BestEyesbblueDined on 10/5/2014It's been about a year and a half since we dined here and if anything it was better than before. This restaurant is amazing. Even if you stay at the hotel, which is wonderful too, make sure you dine here one evening. The service is impeccable. The food and presentation outstanding. It just couldn't be better.Special Features:
- Very, very goodGoldiVIPDined on 10/1/2014Delicious. We had oysters, butternut squash soup and pigeon for appetizers, scallops and beet fettuccini for main course, and bread pudding for dessert. A great bottle of Corton Charlemagne went with this wonderful meal. The staff was professional but friendly. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been excellent and still isVgabVIPDined on 9/30/2014It is one of my favorit places in Richmond. This time I could not find anyything to complain about. It is the place where one can have a cicilized, pleasent eveningSpecial Features:
- Classic luxuryAllovertheUSDined on 9/30/2014Absolutely outstanding from cocktails thru dinner and into dessert. They always continue to surprise and delight by means of unforgettable dishes served up with impeccable service. EnchantingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeoFDined on 9/28/2014We came from Virginia Beach just to try it and it was definitely worth the trip.Amazing musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ship6Dined on 9/28/2014In addition to great food and service in the restaurant, the hotel is gorgeous, valets were friendly and the concierege was super friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the hotel. We would highly recommend for a special night out.Special Features:
- Awesome as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful dinner at Le Maire, again. Always the best. Reasonably priced, too. Cannot give higher recommendation.Special Features: