Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemairerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 804-649-4629 x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Walter Bundy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lemaire is a New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal bounties of Virginia. We are located inside The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. We offer five different dining rooms and a dedicated event planner to personalize every aspect of your event!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Warner 8886526750
- Special Events: We offer five different private dining venues. We will provide you with a dedicated contact on our team to assist you in personalizing every detail of your event, including the menu, specialty drinks, wines, flowers, music and audio visual.
A word from Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal traditions and bounty of Virginia. The new Lemaire will deliver the quality and service The Jefferson Hotel is known for, but in an accessible format without the pretense, formality or expense!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)romantic (98)fit for foodies (80)notable wine list (56)great for brunch (23)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (16)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014I have been to better places. The reviews raved about the service it must have been an off night because the service was not great nor was the food what we expected.
- Evening at the JeffersonOurPlaceDined on 8/29/2014Our family had a couple of events to celebrate, and we thought of Lemaire as the perfect place. Our dinner was delicious, and the service was attentive without being intrusive, just perfect. We loved the Vidalia onion soup with crab and bacon and especially enjoyed the strawberry/rhubarb cobbler with basil ice cream - what a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinner venueVACajunDined on 8/28/2014We had a group of six for a business dinner and asked to have a quiet location. We were seated in a small private room which was perfect for conversation. The service was impeccable and the food was quite good. Strongly recommended for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!LewisDined on 8/27/2014Lemaire never disappoints! The experience is special from the minute you enter that beautiful hotel. The staff is warm and welcoming. The menu is interesting, using a majority of locally produced foods, with strong seasonal focus. The wine list is deep, representing wines from around the globe, but also the best VA vineyards. Our out-of-town guests were impressed! I ordered the fried green tomatoes so a northern friend might try them. They were outstanding, but the succotash that accompanied the tomatoes was delectable and memorable, rich with subtle favors of shrimp and bacon. Be adventuresome when you are at Lemaire!Special Features:
- Really Special place to dineJerseyFoodieDined on 8/26/2014The Jefferson hotel was exceptional. It is great to wonder around and take it all in. Including the fountain with alligator in it and statue of Thomas Jefferson. We had the fried green tomato and it was one of the most delicious appetizers I had had in a long time.Sine it was our anniversary we were seated at table for two in view of the fountain outside. Great dining space, great food and great service.Special Features:
- Very Nice Dining Experience68andholdingDined on 8/24/2014Reservation process was easy and restaurant followed up. Waiter was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Food was outstanding and unique and served at a great pace. Desert was awesome. Wine list was ok but lacked a few normal favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LemaireZouzouDined on 8/22/2014Excellent evening at Lemaire for celebrating our son's success to his final exams : great food - fairly high level of cuisine -, outstanding service - very professional and efficient and, to crown it all, an impressive wine list. In other words, a memorable evening in a great place. We will come back !Special Features:
- LeNightMaireOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The venue is elegant, a truly beautliful, richly historic building. Unfortunately, the food was simply grim. 5 of us dined, 2 hated the "Fried Green Tomatoes" dish, 3 liked the onion soup. The mains arrived, again, very disappointing. I had a steak, cooked perfectly but overwhelmed in salt to the point of being inedible, the brocolli wasn't firm, it was raw, the potatoes were glutunous slop. The next time I drop $500.00 on dinner it's not going to be here. Without doubt, one of the worst meals I've ever eaten, seconded by my 4 companions.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful as always. We brought a friend and she, too, was very impressed with the service and food preparation. Sean is an excellent waiter and we are always very happy to see that he has our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch restaurant. Never fails.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Located in Richmond, Virginia's premier hotel, The Jefferson Hotel, Lemaire not only has innovative, excellent cuisine using the best, freshest, local ingredients, it also boasts elegant dining rooms and excellent service. Our most recent meal there was as delicious as any we've ever had there. We keep going back and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Yet AgainChipDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating our many years anniversary, we booked a table at 7. Arriving a few minutes early, we were offered the opportunity to be seated early or visit the bar. Noticing seats available outside, we chose to have a drink on the patio. It was refreshing to receive smoked peanuts and marinated olives rather than a basket of bread. It was such a nice evening, we opted to dine outside. While concerned that might diminish the experience, my concern was overcome by superb service and meals that left us both very pleased. If you wish to experience (or showcase to visitors) true Southern hospitality in Richmond, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, Memorable First VisitRVAFoodDivaDined on 8/14/2014I treated my boyfriend to Lemaire for his birthday recently. We had a fantastic dinner - the food, service, and ambience were classy and beyond expectation. This is definitely one of the best - if not THE best - restaurants in Richmond. While it is not affordable to frequent the restaurant every weekend, this is a great place for a special occasion or splurge. I've heard that the happy hour at Lemaire's bar is great too, so that's next on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, Even Better ServiceSazeracDined on 8/13/2014I am afraid I did not get the name of the charming and attentive waiter who so enhanced our excellent meal at Lemaire. The special chilled green pea soup was delicious and the beef tenderloins were tender and perfectly cooked. Five rather loud-mouthed businessmen in shirt-sleeves at the next table marred somewhat the elegant ambiance, but that was certainly not the fault of the restaurant. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Another anniversary at LamaireDiscriminateVIPDined on 8/12/2014Whenever we are in the area for our wedding anniversary we usually go to Lamaire. We are rarely regretful and this time was no exception. Our waiter was most knowledgeable and the kitchen did a creative act in plating my two "small plates" into one for my main course. Overall, a most pleasant and happy evening.Special Features:
- Perfect celebrationMidloFoodyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and everything was perfect. They greeted and wished us a happy anniversary, food was excellent, service was fantastic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed our experience at Lemaire. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. It remains a great place to dine especially if you are celebrating a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimFDined on 8/8/2014Over the years we have celebrated a number of important events and very special occasions with dinner at Lemaire and have never been disappointed. From the grandeur of the Jefferson Hotel, to the intimacy at the lounge areas to the special treatment from our server (Matt R) and all of the staff, we are always thrilled to return. Thank you for over twenty years of fond memories.Special Features:
- AnniversaryRNFoodieDined on 8/3/2014A wonderful restaurant to celebrate an anniversary. The wine list was excellent and our server's wine recommendation was fantastic. The server was attentive and helped make our celebration very special. The food was fresh and very flavorful. They live up to their 'farm-to-table' philosophy. For dessert, the waiter presented the plates with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. It was a very special touch. We will certainly be back and will recommend this to our friends and family.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014Lemaire continues to win top honors in our book. The friendly staff and service are unmatched by any other restaurant in the area to our knowledge. The chef does a very interesting job of offering creative presentations of items grown and offered right here in our community.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like..?BuddhlaDined on 8/2/2014This is the main restaurant at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond Virginia. The hotel is a whole institution. It has gorgeous historical interiors, nice room and impeccable service. The restaurant matches that level of excellence. The food is absolutely wonderful. The chef is bringing new contemporary flavor combinations without ever loosing the southern "feel" and portion sizes. The dining room is absolutely gorgeous with high old style ceilings and the service is always impeccable. Every time we come to Richmond we make it a point to stop by and have dinner here. We highly recommend this restaurant and the attached hotel too! = )Special Features:
- THEGREY1VIPDined on 8/1/2014The experience lived up to the hype and I plan to refer it to many friends who live in the area. Better to experience first hand instead of using my review to sell you.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We ate at the Lemaire for our anniversary and were given very special care. The food was perfect. The chef even wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on our dessert plate. A perfect restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing!!makeitbluVIPDined on 7/30/2014Cocktails and food were delicious! Service outstanding, definitely check out this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful room, top-notch serviceEricDRVIPDined on 7/16/2014What a gorgeous restaurant! Food is very good. The fried green tomatoes with shrimp was wonderful. Waitstaff hit the perfect balance between friendly and formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We recently celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary and Lemaire proved to be our best experience in quite some time! The food was amazing as was the staff!!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceWemyssDined on 7/11/2014The food is good with a beautiful presentation and amazing service. The best meal of all is the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantCriticRestaurantCriticDined on 7/11/2014Excellant food, excellant service - who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80th birthday dinnerRenaeDined on 7/9/2014Everything about the evening was perfect. My elderly friend has had health problems that caused me to cancel our reservation the previous week and also made us almost an hour late for this reservation. When I called to say we would be late and would take our chances on seating, the hostess was most kind and assured us it would not be a problem. Service was impeccable, and our meals were great, from the oyster appetizer to our main courses of duck and scallops to the fabulous Meyer lemon dessert with a birthday candle. The birthday girl had grown up dining at the Jefferson frequently, but had not been to the hotel since Lemaire was remodeled and adopted a more comfortable style. She was delighted. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding -- must visit!!!Luv2exploreDined on 7/9/2014We were visiting Richmond and found this hotel & restaurant on the internet. The hotel is filled with history and is gorgeous to tour. We have not stayed there yet. Lemaire was classy without being stuffy and our waiter knew everything about everything. We enjoyed it so much. It will be a must-do the next time we're in Richmond. Do yourself a favor and go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalConnieLDined on 7/6/2014My dinner was exceptional. Perfect for the special occasion it was meant to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern HospitalitysnoopsisterDined on 7/4/2014In addition to the beautiful room, the service was very good. Scallops grilled to perfection. Hamburger very tasty. Fried pickles were a fun appetizer for four of us to share. The rhubarb dessert was delicious.
- OutstandingReasonableexpectationVIPDined on 7/1/2014It isn't often that you find a true 5 star restaurant that lives up to its billing! Lemaire is one of those rare gems that combines great food, an excellent wine list and impeccable service in a lovely setting. A wonderfully enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- GourmetGeriDined on 6/30/2014THe Jefferson Hotel is exquisite and should have a fabulous restaurant and it does. Lemaire was all that we had hoped for. The chef has done a wonderful job of combining different textures and flavores. The wine selection was nice but the service was only adequate. A sile thing like the waiter spreading your napkin raises the level. Having said all that, if you have a special occasion to celebrate this is the place.Special Features:
- Diverse menu and well preparedJamesDined on 6/28/2014The menu had a wide variety of offerings to suit most tastes, and when the food arrived (soft shell crab, mussels apetizers, then sabel fish and Rib-eye steak) they were very well prepared and had some interesting ingredients and sides that you do not see every day. The service was about the right speed and very polite, the room itself was very grand and a wonderful place for us celebrating our wedding anniversary. This price was about right for the quality of food. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCatloverDined on 6/28/2014Food and service great. Had put anniversary on reservation and everyone we encountered wished us a happy anniversary. On the desert plate it was written in chocolate. What a. Nice evening.Special Features:
- The JeffersonCoffeeDined on 6/28/2014I would have given it 5 stars however when we got coffee at the end of our meal the first cup they brought us was warm and not fresh. I did not say anything but thought for as much as I paid for the meal including a bottle of wine, appetizers and dessert I should never have been served coffee that had been sitting. Got a 2nd cup and this was freshly brewed and hot. This confirmed my thoughts about the 1st cup.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerLuv2dineDined on 6/28/2014The food here is always amazng. The staff is very attentive and the wine list is great. We all ordered different salads and each one was delicious. By chance we each also ordered the tenderloin and all were cooked as ordered, three different ways. The warm brown plum butter cake, at Chancey's recommendation was truly amazing, worth coming back just for the dessert!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Loved the experience! Bruce was an outstanding waiter with great suggestions! The food was outstanding! The local influence was wonderful!Special Features:
- LemaireOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2014The Lemaire is a delightful restaurant with fantastic food! The wine specials are spectacular and a great opportunity to try a bottle of wine at a very low price. Service was excellent and our waiter had a terrific personality and catered to our every need. I would highly recommend having dinner at this lovely restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food & wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014The food was impeccable. Chef Bundy & team did a wonderful job with a farm to table approach to fine dining. The ambiance and setting in such a beautiful hotel was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.