Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemairerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 804-649-4629 x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Walter Bundy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lemaire is a New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal bounties of Virginia. We are located inside The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. We offer five different dining rooms and a dedicated event planner to personalize every aspect of your event!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Warner 8886526750
- Special Events: We offer five different private dining venues. We will provide you with a dedicated contact on our team to assist you in personalizing every detail of your event, including the menu, specialty drinks, wines, flowers, music and audio visual.
A word from Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal traditions and bounty of Virginia. The new Lemaire will deliver the quality and service The Jefferson Hotel is known for, but in an accessible format without the pretense, formality or expense!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)romantic (92)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (14)scenic view (13)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Every thing was first rate. However, the table next to us had an individual watching a football game on his I Phone and I would have normally told him to either turn the game off or use ear plugs so we didn't have to listen to the game. It was a special occasion for my wife so I let it go rather than get into something with him. I did mention it to the staff and, while awkward, they should have said something to him. this simple event did distract from our dinner together! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 10/15/2014Definitely not one of the better restaurants n Richmond. We were very disappointed in the food after especially after what we'd been reading.
- special occasiondisappointedDined on 10/14/2014Made my anniversary extra special !! Will return!!Special Features:
- Food is impeccable every time!MaggiesmomDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Lemaire several times and the food and the service are consistently outstanding. Great place for dinner, we will definitely return in the next few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectJstarchildDined on 10/12/2014The food was beyond delicious. Our server Jessica had such an intimate knowledge of the food and drink, which we found quite impressive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably Top DrawerBhagwan1Dined on 10/11/2014For several years this has been one of Richmond's top rated restaurants, and it deserves it. The setting is upscale, semi-formal and elegant. The four of us dining always try to order different dishes and share. It was a great range of tastes from a wonderful Fall soup, to a special swordfish dish, delicious fried oysters and dishes accompanied with unique vegetables and flavors. The shared deserts (including the chocolate cheesecake) were decadent. Perhaps the only criticism is the overpriced corkage fee at $35.Special Features:
- Overpriced and underspiced.fairjudgeDined on 10/8/2014Overpriced and underspiced. For a special occasion or any occasion, the food was just not special. Bland, unexciting, routine. Unusual combinations, yes, but they still came up short. One exception, a special dessert sauce, was doled out by an eyedropper.Special Features:
- Great staff & Service, Not the foodTime2eatDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I were seated immediately by courteous, friendly staff. The menu was interesting; we ordered two appetizers and two main courses. The appetizers - fried green tomatoes and a wonderful squash soup - were terrific. The main course was a different story. Betsy's meal of beef tenderloin was very good. My meal of a large hamburger with a side dish of macaroni was awful. I had ordered the meat medium-rare, and it arrived grey, well done and greatly over-salted - it was inedible. The macaroni had no flavor. I ordered a replacement meal of scallops, the sauce for which was again over-salted. Great staff and surroundings, an appetizer meal would have been good, but we won't return because of the main course issues.
- Outstanding all the way!ItisMeDined on 10/5/2014The Lemaire is a fantastic restaurant. Beautiful Restaurant with the ornate ceiling, columns lighting, fireplace and more.. Quiet. The food display is beautiful and the food is incredible. Service by our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful He was very attentive and pleasant. Decked out in our finest, we could not have picked a nicer place for our Wedding Anniversary dinner. Also, with the cool night air, I was thrilled to stand outside under warming lights that were suspended from above. We were happy with free valet parking, too.Special Features:
- Still the BestEyesbblueDined on 10/5/2014It's been about a year and a half since we dined here and if anything it was better than before. This restaurant is amazing. Even if you stay at the hotel, which is wonderful too, make sure you dine here one evening. The service is impeccable. The food and presentation outstanding. It just couldn't be better.Special Features:
- Very, very goodGoldiVIPDined on 10/1/2014Delicious. We had oysters, butternut squash soup and pigeon for appetizers, scallops and beet fettuccini for main course, and bread pudding for dessert. A great bottle of Corton Charlemagne went with this wonderful meal. The staff was professional but friendly. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been excellent and still isVgabVIPDined on 9/30/2014It is one of my favorit places in Richmond. This time I could not find anyything to complain about. It is the place where one can have a cicilized, pleasent eveningSpecial Features:
- Classic luxuryAllovertheUSDined on 9/30/2014Absolutely outstanding from cocktails thru dinner and into dessert. They always continue to surprise and delight by means of unforgettable dishes served up with impeccable service. EnchantingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We came from Virginia Beach just to try it and it was definitely worth the trip.Amazing musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ship6Dined on 9/28/2014In addition to great food and service in the restaurant, the hotel is gorgeous, valets were friendly and the concierege was super friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the hotel. We would highly recommend for a special night out.Special Features:
- Awesome as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful dinner at Le Maire, again. Always the best. Reasonably priced, too. Cannot give higher recommendation.Special Features:
- All around wonderful!SmallpebblesDined on 9/27/2014Gracious hospitality and service in the beautiful Jefferson Hotel. Both of us had different soups (gazpacho and visalia)....each interesting and delicious. Both entrees, the scallops and duck were perfectly prepared with fresh accompaniments and attractively presented.Special Features:
- Kids stay home!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Noisy unruly and unmanaged children at the table next to us detracted from the special occasion for us to be at Lemaire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps were too small for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Fried green tomato app only had one tomato, oysters were full of sea water not much taste.
- Simply elegant and romantic!EstaticDined on 9/23/2014I took my husband to Lemaire for his birthday. We were greated with a happy birthday and complimentary drinks. The service was impeccable! The food blew us away. Everything we had was marvelous and so well thought out with spices and herbs. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceRichieDined on 9/22/2014The service was impeccable. The entrees and desserts excellent. I had scallops, which were the best I've had by far, grilled perfectly, not over cooked like I've had other places. My wife had beef tenderloin, also perfectly cooked. This restaurant is for special occasions for us, a bit steep but totally worth it. The service is over the top.Special Features:
- Nothing spectacularCathysaleVIPDined on 9/21/2014The setting of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. Would go again just for the atmosphere. VSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening of diningnmilfordDined on 9/20/2014Everything you would want in a romantic evening of dining! Food - GREAT, Service - GREAT, atmosphere - PERFECT!!! Best restaurant in RVA!!Special Features:
- Worth the wait!FriendsandFondueVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've been waiting to try Lemaire for the right occasion. I was not disappointed. Fried green tomato appetizer was awesome! The rib-eye and wahoo specials were incredibly well done and so much fun to eat. The flavor a pairings with vegetable and starches were perfect and well executed. The dessert choices were very good but we should have stopped eating earlier to make more room! They had a cheese course which I would have loved to seen on the appetizer menu. What made the experience the best was our server Sean. Not enough good things to say!Special Features:
- Elegant downtown RichmondNsgyDocDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is located within the elegant and historic Hotel Jefferson in downtown. Food is well portioned and well prepared. Wine list is good and reasonably priced. Service is appropriate. While could be very nice for that "special occasion", expect an eclectic mix of patrons with dress ranging from jeans and T-shirts to suites and gowns. Ask for a quiet back corner in the library if you're looking for a romantic dinner. Take some time to stroll the lobby areas of the hotel, as that is probably the most special aspect of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodVCUdptDined on 9/13/2014Came here for my 1st Wedding Anniversary and was not disappointed. The food was amazing and the staff go put of their way for you. They fulfilled multiple requests I had regarding our anniversary and even wrote "happy anniversary" in chocolate on our dessert dish without me asking. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A well-deserved reputationAllie912Dined on 9/12/2014Service was attentive without being overly familiar. (A gripe I have with too many restaurants today) food was beautifully presented with creative accompaniments. A special meal for a special occasion. My particular favorite was the crispy fried green tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatBruceDined on 9/7/2014Quiet, elegant surroundings with food that was a treat for the palateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheRev220RichDined on 9/7/2014My wife, daughter, and I enjoyed our dinner at Le Maire. We had not been there since the renovation. Service was excellent. Food, also. We all enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb dining experiencejrackDined on 9/6/2014This was one of the finest dining experiences ever! Waiting at the bar was a great time with a bartender who really knew her stuff! Food and service par excellence. Setting and ambience was thrilling and steeped in history!Highly recommend Lemaire anytime you are in Richmond.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014In our opinion, Lemaire remains the best all-round restaurant in Richmond. Sean also remains their outstanding person on the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in TownLawdroneVIPDined on 9/5/2014An amazingly well-appointed restaurant, superb bar (service & mixing), and my favorite part of the meal was the burger. Spectacular & well worth twice as much!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We visit every year on our anniversary. The experience seems to get better every year. Great service and the food is excellentSpecial Features:
- wonderful atmosphere, delightful!Fit4aKingDined on 9/3/2014Waitress was very attentive. Service timely and impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014I have been to better places. The reviews raved about the service it must have been an off night because the service was not great nor was the food what we expected.
- A treat in RichmondItalianTravellerDined on 8/30/2014Very nice hotel, take the time to wander about and take in the place, including the conference and ball rooms. Took an early reservation on a Saturday night, noting the high reviews, the dining area was very quiet. Service was attentive, but not intrusive (thanks Bruce!). Settled on seafood with light salads, both enjoyable, restaurant is willing to adjust the ingredients if you have a preference (don't like blue cheese) while maintaining the overall balance of the dish. My scallops were done right, lightly seared and over a bed of pearl barley, with root vegetables. My bride described her crab cake as "perfect" which is high praise indeed. Would go again, the area is rich in nice restaurants.Special Features:
- Evening at the JeffersonOurPlaceDined on 8/29/2014Our family had a couple of events to celebrate, and we thought of Lemaire as the perfect place. Our dinner was delicious, and the service was attentive without being intrusive, just perfect. We loved the Vidalia onion soup with crab and bacon and especially enjoyed the strawberry/rhubarb cobbler with basil ice cream - what a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- History and GastronomyreddenlawVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Jefferson of Richmond is one of those grande dames of American hotels. The view from top or bottom of its grand staircase is breathtaking. So is the 120 years of guests that read like an American history book. Lemaire, the grand dining room of the grande dame is in keeping with the character. Stately, yes, but up to date in creative dishes built on the solid foundations of traditional Southern style. Perfect for a special occasion with service that is suave but not snooty, Lemaire is well worth a leisurely evening with a fine wine and multiple courses. And they can even cook a steak to suit a Texan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGICHVIPDined on 8/29/2014The waiter is very attentive, polite and went out of his way to be a "concierge": got a map and showed us a few areas when we asked him about places to go. Food were delicious, however limited dessert choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My fiance and I enjoyed dinner at Lemaire with her mother to celebrate our engagement, which happened earlier that day. Mark was an excellent waiter and made great recommendations for the food and wines. Overall, an amazing experience and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.