Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lemairerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 804-649-4629 x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Walter Bundy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lemaire is a New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal bounties of Virginia. We are located inside The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. We offer five different dining rooms and a dedicated event planner to personalize every aspect of your event!
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Warner 8886526750
- Special Events: We offer five different private dining venues. We will provide you with a dedicated contact on our team to assist you in personalizing every detail of your event, including the menu, specialty drinks, wines, flowers, music and audio visual.
A word from Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel
New American restaurant and bar that is inspired by the agricultural and coastal traditions and bounty of Virginia. The new Lemaire will deliver the quality and service The Jefferson Hotel is known for, but in an accessible format without the pretense, formality or expense!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lemaire at The Jefferson Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (95)fit for foodies (78)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (14)scenic view (14)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We came from Virginia Beach just to try it and it was definitely worth the trip.Amazing musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014In addition to great food and service in the restaurant, the hotel is gorgeous, valets were friendly and the concierege was super friendly and knowledgeable about the history of the hotel. We would highly recommend for a special night out.Special Features:
- Awesome as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful dinner at Le Maire, again. Always the best. Reasonably priced, too. Cannot give higher recommendation.Special Features:
- All around wonderful!SmallpebblesDined on 9/27/2014Gracious hospitality and service in the beautiful Jefferson Hotel. Both of us had different soups (gazpacho and visalia)....each interesting and delicious. Both entrees, the scallops and duck were perfectly prepared with fresh accompaniments and attractively presented.Special Features:
- Kids stay home!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Noisy unruly and unmanaged children at the table next to us detracted from the special occasion for us to be at Lemaire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps were too small for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Fried green tomato app only had one tomato, oysters were full of sea water not much taste.
- Simply elegant and romantic!EstaticDined on 9/23/2014I took my husband to Lemaire for his birthday. We were greated with a happy birthday and complimentary drinks. The service was impeccable! The food blew us away. Everything we had was marvelous and so well thought out with spices and herbs. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and ServiceRichieDined on 9/22/2014The service was impeccable. The entrees and desserts excellent. I had scallops, which were the best I've had by far, grilled perfectly, not over cooked like I've had other places. My wife had beef tenderloin, also perfectly cooked. This restaurant is for special occasions for us, a bit steep but totally worth it. The service is over the top.Special Features:
- Nothing spectacularCathysaleVIPDined on 9/21/2014The setting of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. Would go again just for the atmosphere. VSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening of diningnmilfordDined on 9/20/2014Everything you would want in a romantic evening of dining! Food - GREAT, Service - GREAT, atmosphere - PERFECT!!! Best restaurant in RVA!!Special Features:
- Worth the wait!FriendsandFondueVIPDined on 9/16/2014I've been waiting to try Lemaire for the right occasion. I was not disappointed. Fried green tomato appetizer was awesome! The rib-eye and wahoo specials were incredibly well done and so much fun to eat. The flavor a pairings with vegetable and starches were perfect and well executed. The dessert choices were very good but we should have stopped eating earlier to make more room! They had a cheese course which I would have loved to seen on the appetizer menu. What made the experience the best was our server Sean. Not enough good things to say!Special Features:
- Elegant downtown RichmondNsgyDocDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is located within the elegant and historic Hotel Jefferson in downtown. Food is well portioned and well prepared. Wine list is good and reasonably priced. Service is appropriate. While could be very nice for that "special occasion", expect an eclectic mix of patrons with dress ranging from jeans and T-shirts to suites and gowns. Ask for a quiet back corner in the library if you're looking for a romantic dinner. Take some time to stroll the lobby areas of the hotel, as that is probably the most special aspect of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodVCUdptDined on 9/13/2014Came here for my 1st Wedding Anniversary and was not disappointed. The food was amazing and the staff go put of their way for you. They fulfilled multiple requests I had regarding our anniversary and even wrote "happy anniversary" in chocolate on our dessert dish without me asking. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A well-deserved reputationAllie912Dined on 9/12/2014Service was attentive without being overly familiar. (A gripe I have with too many restaurants today) food was beautifully presented with creative accompaniments. A special meal for a special occasion. My particular favorite was the crispy fried green tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatBruceDined on 9/7/2014Quiet, elegant surroundings with food that was a treat for the palateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheRev220RichDined on 9/7/2014My wife, daughter, and I enjoyed our dinner at Le Maire. We had not been there since the renovation. Service was excellent. Food, also. We all enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:
- Superb dining experiencejrackDined on 9/6/2014This was one of the finest dining experiences ever! Waiting at the bar was a great time with a bartender who really knew her stuff! Food and service par excellence. Setting and ambience was thrilling and steeped in history!Highly recommend Lemaire anytime you are in Richmond.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014In our opinion, Lemaire remains the best all-round restaurant in Richmond. Sean also remains their outstanding person on the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in TownLawdroneVIPDined on 9/5/2014An amazingly well-appointed restaurant, superb bar (service & mixing), and my favorite part of the meal was the burger. Spectacular & well worth twice as much!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We visit every year on our anniversary. The experience seems to get better every year. Great service and the food is excellentSpecial Features:
- wonderful atmosphere, delightful!Fit4aKingDined on 9/3/2014Waitress was very attentive. Service timely and impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014I have been to better places. The reviews raved about the service it must have been an off night because the service was not great nor was the food what we expected.
- A treat in RichmondItalianTravellerDined on 8/30/2014Very nice hotel, take the time to wander about and take in the place, including the conference and ball rooms. Took an early reservation on a Saturday night, noting the high reviews, the dining area was very quiet. Service was attentive, but not intrusive (thanks Bruce!). Settled on seafood with light salads, both enjoyable, restaurant is willing to adjust the ingredients if you have a preference (don't like blue cheese) while maintaining the overall balance of the dish. My scallops were done right, lightly seared and over a bed of pearl barley, with root vegetables. My bride described her crab cake as "perfect" which is high praise indeed. Would go again, the area is rich in nice restaurants.Special Features:
- Evening at the JeffersonOurPlaceDined on 8/29/2014Our family had a couple of events to celebrate, and we thought of Lemaire as the perfect place. Our dinner was delicious, and the service was attentive without being intrusive, just perfect. We loved the Vidalia onion soup with crab and bacon and especially enjoyed the strawberry/rhubarb cobbler with basil ice cream - what a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- History and GastronomyreddenlawVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Jefferson of Richmond is one of those grande dames of American hotels. The view from top or bottom of its grand staircase is breathtaking. So is the 120 years of guests that read like an American history book. Lemaire, the grand dining room of the grande dame is in keeping with the character. Stately, yes, but up to date in creative dishes built on the solid foundations of traditional Southern style. Perfect for a special occasion with service that is suave but not snooty, Lemaire is well worth a leisurely evening with a fine wine and multiple courses. And they can even cook a steak to suit a Texan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGICHVIPDined on 8/29/2014The waiter is very attentive, polite and went out of his way to be a "concierge": got a map and showed us a few areas when we asked him about places to go. Food were delicious, however limited dessert choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My fiance and I enjoyed dinner at Lemaire with her mother to celebrate our engagement, which happened earlier that day. Mark was an excellent waiter and made great recommendations for the food and wines. Overall, an amazing experience and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinner venueVACajunDined on 8/28/2014We had a group of six for a business dinner and asked to have a quiet location. We were seated in a small private room which was perfect for conversation. The service was impeccable and the food was quite good. Strongly recommended for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!LewisDined on 8/27/2014Lemaire never disappoints! The experience is special from the minute you enter that beautiful hotel. The staff is warm and welcoming. The menu is interesting, using a majority of locally produced foods, with strong seasonal focus. The wine list is deep, representing wines from around the globe, but also the best VA vineyards. Our out-of-town guests were impressed! I ordered the fried green tomatoes so a northern friend might try them. They were outstanding, but the succotash that accompanied the tomatoes was delectable and memorable, rich with subtle favors of shrimp and bacon. Be adventuresome when you are at Lemaire!Special Features:
- Really Special place to dineJerseyFoodieDined on 8/26/2014The Jefferson hotel was exceptional. It is great to wonder around and take it all in. Including the fountain with alligator in it and statue of Thomas Jefferson. We had the fried green tomato and it was one of the most delicious appetizers I had had in a long time.Sine it was our anniversary we were seated at table for two in view of the fountain outside. Great dining space, great food and great service.Special Features:
- Very Nice Dining Experience68andholdingDined on 8/24/2014Reservation process was easy and restaurant followed up. Waiter was very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Food was outstanding and unique and served at a great pace. Desert was awesome. Wine list was ok but lacked a few normal favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LemaireZouzouDined on 8/22/2014Excellent evening at Lemaire for celebrating our son's success to his final exams : great food - fairly high level of cuisine -, outstanding service - very professional and efficient and, to crown it all, an impressive wine list. In other words, a memorable evening in a great place. We will come back !Special Features:
- LeNightMaireGoodfoodappreciatedDined on 8/21/2014The venue is elegant, a truly beautliful, richly historic building. Unfortunately, the food was simply grim. 5 of us dined, 2 hated the "Fried Green Tomatoes" dish, 3 liked the onion soup. The mains arrived, again, very disappointing. I had a steak, cooked perfectly but overwhelmed in salt to the point of being inedible, the brocolli wasn't firm, it was raw, the potatoes were glutunous slop. The next time I drop $500.00 on dinner it's not going to be here. Without doubt, one of the worst meals I've ever eaten, seconded by my 4 companions.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful as always. We brought a friend and she, too, was very impressed with the service and food preparation. Sean is an excellent waiter and we are always very happy to see that he has our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch restaurant. Never fails.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Located in Richmond, Virginia's premier hotel, The Jefferson Hotel, Lemaire not only has innovative, excellent cuisine using the best, freshest, local ingredients, it also boasts elegant dining rooms and excellent service. Our most recent meal there was as delicious as any we've ever had there. We keep going back and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Yet AgainChipDined on 8/15/2014Celebrating our many years anniversary, we booked a table at 7. Arriving a few minutes early, we were offered the opportunity to be seated early or visit the bar. Noticing seats available outside, we chose to have a drink on the patio. It was refreshing to receive smoked peanuts and marinated olives rather than a basket of bread. It was such a nice evening, we opted to dine outside. While concerned that might diminish the experience, my concern was overcome by superb service and meals that left us both very pleased. If you wish to experience (or showcase to visitors) true Southern hospitality in Richmond, look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, Memorable First VisitRVAFoodDivaDined on 8/14/2014I treated my boyfriend to Lemaire for his birthday recently. We had a fantastic dinner - the food, service, and ambience were classy and beyond expectation. This is definitely one of the best - if not THE best - restaurants in Richmond. While it is not affordable to frequent the restaurant every weekend, this is a great place for a special occasion or splurge. I've heard that the happy hour at Lemaire's bar is great too, so that's next on our list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, Even Better ServiceSazeracDined on 8/13/2014I am afraid I did not get the name of the charming and attentive waiter who so enhanced our excellent meal at Lemaire. The special chilled green pea soup was delicious and the beef tenderloins were tender and perfectly cooked. Five rather loud-mouthed businessmen in shirt-sleeves at the next table marred somewhat the elegant ambiance, but that was certainly not the fault of the restaurant. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Another anniversary at LamaireDiscriminateVIPDined on 8/12/2014Whenever we are in the area for our wedding anniversary we usually go to Lamaire. We are rarely regretful and this time was no exception. Our waiter was most knowledgeable and the kitchen did a creative act in plating my two "small plates" into one for my main course. Overall, a most pleasant and happy evening.Special Features:
- Perfect celebrationMidloFoodyDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and everything was perfect. They greeted and wished us a happy anniversary, food was excellent, service was fantastic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.