7089 N. Marks #101
Fresno, CA 93711Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lelasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5594329900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Manuel Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Availble to rent out restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Carr 5594329900
A word from LeLa's Restaurant
Lela's Restaurant hosts old friends from the neighborhood and new friends from the Central Valley. Our California comfort cuisine contains the choicest ingredients sourced from local producers, prepared by Executive Chef Manuel Carr and paired with fine wine to create an exciting seasonal menu and a great dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
LeLa's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
LeLa's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (19)romantic (16)good for groups (11)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- jayceeDined on 8/27/2014The food was truly amazing in so many ways: flavor, seasonings, presentation, variety of accompaniments . Being a "food lover", and a frequent customer of our best Fresno restaurants, LeLa is a standout, and a "must" for those appreciating a unique eating experience.Special Features:
- Nice first visitFiveThumbsDined on 8/23/2014Not sure how we avoided hearing about Lela's before now, as it definitely stands among Oggi's, Parma, Cracked Pepper, and other nice bistros in Fresno. We had lamb with bread pudding, which was delicious and delivered medium as requested. The one vegetarian dish, penne with vegetables, was al dente and thought provoking (I consider that one step better than "good"). Service was attentive. In fact the only criticism might be that the service was slightly over attentive. I know that's subjective but when we were asked if we would like to box up our leftovers five minutes after the food arrived we had to say "Dude! It's too soon!"Special Features:
- Really good!AliBarahonaDined on 8/20/2014The food was perfect so tasty, wine and beer list were pretty good too, i would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- A Hidden GemWillenaDined on 8/20/2014We had an amazing dining experience at Lela's. Our party of four decided to share, family style, in order to sample as many of the appealing entries on the dining menu. The pork belly appetizer was an appropriate start to a fantastic foodie adventure. A tangy beet salad and greens/watermelon salad followed. We shared a lamb tenders and mango salsa swordfish entrees, ending with the tenderest ribeye steak I have had in years. The restaurant is hidden in a strip meal and not cheap, but everything was flavorful and well worth the cost. Service was very friendly, but a bit slow. There were only two servers on this Wednesday night. Would have been nice if the chef had come out to greet us, so we could tell him how much we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekABauerDined on 8/7/2014Full size portions during restaurant week; an excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Good food, reasonable prices. Service was excellent attentive, but not overly so. Appreciated that the chef came out to ask about the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful casual eveningfigwomanDined on 7/25/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding! Can't understand why it wasn't busier, but it was just the perfect atmosphere for our group of six. We could all hear each other so our conversation was lively.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant!BRH1VIPDined on 7/23/2014Everything about this restaurant is terrific. The food is delicious. Great care is taken in the preparation of each dish. The flavors are extraordinary. The service is attentive and professional. A first-rate restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aawesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Hidden, but amazing menu and the staff is super nice. The food is wonderful! Such a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best for fine diningDonJuanDined on 7/5/2014Lela's has got to be one of the premier restaurants in the Fresno/Clovis area. The food is extreamly delicious!! So much so that one can be full but will continue to eat simply for not wanting any of it to go to waste!! The wine list is one of the best I've seen in this town. And the staff is by far extremely knowledgeable in all that is offered at Lela's. the staff is great with recommendations for those that can't quite decide between all the great menu items. If you haven't been to Lela's you have to treat yourself to a true dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bash fit for a prince!zealotfoodie2Dined on 7/5/2014The beginning of our experience at Lela's was not the first impression you would want to remember. However, it got settled, & from there forward, it was up hill all the way! It was a remarkable evening! The free appetizer, hummus with fried pita bread was fantastic; our ordered appetizer "Crab Fritters" came with an amazing spicy remoulade, it was wonderful! Next, the salad "Tangy Beet Salad" was yummy & delicious! Our main entree's consisted of several Pan Seared Filet Mignon, Rack of Lamb, & Pan Seared Red Snapper. All had there own complements that were pleasing to the senses, especially to the taste buds! Our last course we shared two desserts, blueberry sorbet & a flan that was to die for. I would thoroughly recommend! Bon Appetit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nine to Dine with Wine - 5+/5BrejDined on 7/2/2014Fabulous once again!! We had a group of nine diners and still every course was presented to every diner at the same time and all meals were excellent! It was the first time I had tried Chef Manny's chicken and like everything else I have eaten here, it was sumptuous. We always bring at least one bottle of our own wine with us when we dine at Lela's. This time I brought a wine that should have been excellent. Randy opened the wine and presented a small taste along with the cork to me with a polite and professional skepticism. The wine was corked - spoiled. A regular server at another establishment would likely have just poured the wine. Randy's training as a certified sommelier prevented that from happening and I am grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onluvfoodDined on 6/28/2014Always spot on! Celebrated a birthday with a large party and as usual, our server Josh was on point and friendly. This is our favorite go to for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot in townDanBMW21Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I discovered Lela's about 8 months ago after we moved into a new neighborhood and we cannot say enough about it. Always great service, food, Manny (executive chef) is great and definitely knows what he's doing. The restaurant dining room is run really efficiently as we always have great service. I would highly recommend Lela's to anyone looking for great food!Special Features:
- Great food, no "accommodation"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014First visit; once there we realized, not good for toddlers. Asked for a booth to keep our kids locked in. The host disappeared and a minute later came back and said"this is the only table we have that will accommodate you" a 4 top. 2 booths available and we had reservations. They may have been hoping we'd leave. Our server was very friendly, we asked to have the kids food come with our app which came out quickly. Then the wait..Everyone getting served quickly and visited by the owner. Finally we ask about our meal. And he said "oh, your ready for your entree?" YES! More waiting.No visit from the owner-finally food! We ate quickly & left. We did get a visit from the chef, told him the food was great, which it was & left. Never going backSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemDinerDanDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic food & service. Very creative dishes. Portions large, which justifies the somewhat higher than average prices---but enjoyed my leftovers very much, and overall value is definitely there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!BrejDined on 6/7/2014I live in San Diego but have family in Fresno that I come up to visit every couple of months. Every time I am in Fresno I try to spend an evening with Chef Manny, Randy, and the rest of the Lela's crew. It is ALWAYS a fabulous dining experience!! Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JrjettVIPDined on 5/30/2014Love this little gem of a restaurant! Food is fresh and flavorful. Two in our group had the lamb tenderloin and left their plates perfectly clean! I had the salmon and although delicious, it was also such a large portion that I was able to enjoy it for lunch the next two days! We started our meal by sharing their beet salad. Yum! And we ended it with their flan and bread pudding. Both were delectable. Add to the mix their friendly and attentive staff, simple yet elegant atmosphere, and this place is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFrickyDined on 5/16/2014I had a first date at Lela's, boy did they impress, i requeted ahead of time to have some roses laid on the table. They were beautiful. The service was excellent. The wine menu was very good. The food was prepared and presented with care. The food tasted very good. The Filet Minon was the best i have had in a long time. Overall one of the best dinning experiences i have ever had. It didnt break the bank either :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the LeLa's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Dined Here For A Special Occasion!renerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Brought the parents to Lela's for an anniversary dinner. They were "wow'd" by the whole experience! Great wine recommendations, great customer service and the food is OUTSTANDING! If you are looking for a true hidden gem, this is the place... hands down.Special Features:
- Business DinnerrenerVIPDined on 4/10/2014This is one of my favorite places in the Fresno to entertain for business. Most of my clients have eaten at great places in San Francisco, Sacramento & L.A. They are truly delighted when they leave after a great meal. Randy and his staff are friendly and attentive, the mood is nice and the food is excellent. If you have not "liked" them on Facebook, do it now to get the inside scoop on the specials (which are always good). I can only look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Awesome!!BrejDined on 4/5/2014I don't live in Fresno. I have family in Fresno that I visit every couple of months. Every time I am in Fresno, I try to make the time to dine with Chef Manny, Randy, and the whole staff at Lela's. Every time the food has been fabulous! Every time the service is outstanding! Every time it is an evening to remember fondly! This past Saturday night was no exception. Three of us for dinner. House salad was so fresh and so tasty. Caesar salad was spot on. Entrees: Salmon - Ribeye - Filet mignon. All were exquisitely prepared and cooked perfectly. And then dessert... strawberry bread pudding (sorry - I think I just drooled a little bit on my computer keyboard!) and an Amador port. 'Nuff said!!! Would I recommend?? Heck Yeah!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price is not under $30.tommdogDined on 4/5/2014Food was just O.K, but disappointing. Every single a la carte entree was over $30, so price category is wrong. Service was good.
- Friday night dinner!renerVIPDined on 3/28/2014Craving the food here. Chips and hummus...check! Fried Pork belly...check! Pork chop...check! Rack of Lamb...check! Wine...of course! Executive Chef Manny continues to be consistent (which is hard to do in this city). Randy and the staff are one of the best in town. Thanks for making my experience another great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My number 1 favoritedianebDined on 3/22/2014Fresno has a few really superb restaurants where the diner consistently gets amazing food. In the past, my vote has always been for Max's, Trellio's, and Campagna. Now add Lela's to the top of the list. The pork chop is to die for. I have told all of my friends about this little gem. The service is great and the chef always comes out to check on patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu, Excellent Wine ListABauerDined on 3/20/2014We always appreciate the chef's creativity with his menu and the sommelier's careful selection of the wine list. One cannot go wrong with any menu or wine selection here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousPattyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We took our guest to LeLa's for the pork chop, and it didn't disappoint. Besides the delicious meat, the accompanying rice/bean dish was wonderful. The only reason I gave 4 stars is that the booths are a bit cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014I have never had a bad meal here. I had the rack of lamb new on the seasonal menu And it was delishes! Cooked to perfection and it came with a Savory bread pudding that was absoloutly delishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS! OUTSTANDING! EXQUISITE!BrejDined on 2/21/2014I live in San Diego but have family in Fresno. I have dined at Lela's previously and loved it every time. That being said, I took five other out-of-towners to Lela's on Friday evening. To a person, they were blown away by the food and the service. "This level of culinary expertise and delight in Fresno? I'm impressed!" was the sentiment of the evening. The veal lasagna was delectable; the filet was cooked to perfection and so flavorful; rack of lamb was exquisite; short ribs were so tasty and so melt-in-your mouth!! We have lots of really good restaurants in San Diego. Chef Manny and the whole Lela's experience/team would rate right up there with the finest in San Diego. I highly recommend this restaurant. Our thanks to Randy & Manny!!Special Features:
- Another great nightCaseykaraDined on 2/14/20142 valentines days in a row that Kara and I have gone to Lela's. Chef Manny is one of a kind. I've never had a bad experience there. If you haven't tried out Lela's, you need to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayPneumofresVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were seated promptly and the first two courses of the night's prix fixe menu were spot on and delicious. The entrees took quite awhile though and everyone in the restaurant had to wait as we did. Once served my pork tenderloin with au gratin potatoes, baby carrots & julienned red peppers & maple glazed chipotle was excellent in every way. My guest's entree of petite filet of beef was slightly over cooked and the Basmati rice was lukewarm. Dessert came out quickly and was of good quality but was not as creative as we have enjoyed on prior occasions. Overall, it was an enjoyable evening and I was pleased that my corkage fee was waived. We love Lela's and will return again as this is a classy dining experience with a very talented chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Manny does it again!FabulousFredVIPDined on 2/8/2014I had the Duck with vegetable risotto special. It was absolutely incredible. The wine selection is awesome and is updated regularly. Great food, great service, great experience. This is the best place I have found in the Central Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food.NayiriVIPDined on 2/7/2014We have dined here a few times since it opened and have been blown away by the quality of food. I don't know why it's not busier than it is. Our guests had never heard of it - and everyone loves it.Special Features:
- Lela's rocks!MichelleDined on 1/25/2014Obviously we give it five stars. Every little thing about this restaurant is fabulous. I really have to say it is probably the #1 or #2 best fine-dining restaurant in Fresno. The food is always amazing and the service is absolutely impeccable. Every single thing we have tried there has been amazing. Even foods I normally don't like are outstanding. We have brought newbies there who loved it and have two more dinners planned with other newbies. Just can't say enough how awesome it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for FresnoDinerOuterDined on 1/24/2014Fresno isn't known for having a good palate. The town is littered with meat and potatoes, quantity not quality establishments. LeLa's pushes that stereotype. The menu is imaginative for the town but lacked a little bit. Apps showed a nice attention to detail with even a crab fritter coming out light. Entrees seemed to be a little under-salted. I'm looking forward to see if they menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBrianEDined on 1/18/2014Lela's never disappoints, we had a great time with a great meal! Food was off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014service was prompt,; wait staff were so polite, helpful and friendly; exec chef came out to greet us; requests were handled with "of course !" rather than "no you can't..." dinners were wonderfully presented; flavors were perfect (short ribs and salmon -- romaine soup for starter ); desserts were absolutely delicious (sorbet trio and flan). All this was worth every penny.Special Features:
- Fresno shinesCakaDined on 1/10/2014Manny the chef is talented and generous. The food has a SF flare using the central valleys taste.. GoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!ABauerDined on 12/31/2013We are happy to have Lela's in our neighborhood and enjoy sharing a meal here with friends from out if town as well as across town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Hats off to the chef! The short ribs and veal t-bone were on point. Ryan our server was professional and made us feel very welcomed. My husband and I loved our first time dining here. Truly a gem for the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.